Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:06:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tony Hawk Project 8: Demo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tony Hawk Project 8: Demo  (Read 935 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: October 26, 2006, 11:03:17 AM

There is a demo for this game on Xbox Live right now. Go get it.

I was worried about the move from thumbpad to thumbstick. I have played every single Tony Hawk game with a thumbpad, and change is scary. Let me say, you have no need to worry, it controls great. Better than great, awesome. I am so amped to get this game. The movment is smooth, the graphics are outstanding and the gameplay is really fun. Lots of new additions, and its a step back from THAW or THUG to more of a THPS4 feel. At least thats what I took from the demo.

I am very excited about this game. November cant come fast enough.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 11:18:19 AM

I always played with thumbsticks.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:19:00 PM

I haven't played one of these super seriously since THPS2 on the Dreamcast - for some reason that stands to me, as the pinnacle of the series. What with the perfect cross flat d-pad on the Dreamcast and proper rounded polygons, yea, that was where it was at. Hopefully Project 8 is a return to that greatness. Demo doesn't tell me enough though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:04:10 PM

THPS jumped the shark when they made it all about stringing a gazillion combos together. I tried playing one version I have on the xbox or pc (I can't rremember), and it kept cockblocking me with that shit. I'd have one of my buddy's little brother's crackhead friends come over and complete the stupid combo and move on. I think I got stuck with two maps open out of ten or whatever. Lame.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tony Hawk Project 8: Demo  
Jump to: