Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:25:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch 1.2 is out. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.2 is out.  (Read 53646 times)
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: April 05, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Yeah, that's really looking great.

The only thing I would add would be having attaching/aligning interface elements together and setting manual offsets instead of just dragging things around.  Hopefully I can easily edit the XML file to clean things up.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: April 07, 2012, 07:18:31 AM

Overview of 1.2 UI customization:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTAfjTxguB0

This is pretty slick, Im going to spend the first 2 hours on 1.2 day setting this shit up lol
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: April 07, 2012, 09:47:51 AM

Bit nebulous at this point, but it appears next week sometime for 1.2 is not out of the question.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #108 on: April 08, 2012, 09:42:06 AM

I sure hope so, I'm itching to play but almost everything I want to do is improved with 1.2, so why would I bother playing before then? I even got a 'Mako misses you, Komoto' email  why so serious?
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: April 08, 2012, 11:02:33 AM

Me myself, I am farming mats in anticipation of the RE changes.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 08, 2012, 05:15:34 PM

Overview of 1.2 UI customization:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTAfjTxguB0

That seems to have everything I could have asked for, including saving profiles to load onto all my characters.   Thumbs up!

Does anyone know if you will be able to use hotkeys on hidden bars finally?
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: April 08, 2012, 08:30:52 PM

I believe yes.  Not completely sure on that, but mostly sure.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #112 on: April 09, 2012, 11:12:13 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #113 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:41 AM

So no patch today. It could be later this week but lots of people on my server were expecting it for this Tuesday and they canceled between last night and today when it became official it wasn't going to happen. That was after another streak of nights with close to no WZ starting. I'm sure the Biowares are doing their best, but I seldom noticed a "bleeding" of subscriptions as much as this time around. Every day seems to count, and there's only a set limits of wasted nights in a row some players can tolerate.

Not that 1.2 will fix much, we all know that in order to fix the problem server mergers and cross-server queues are needed. But the patch will certainly bring back a few players, while the lack of it is literally bleeding the game to death.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: April 10, 2012, 09:40:33 AM

lots of people on my server were expecting it for this Tuesday and they canceled between last night and today when it became official it wasn't going to happen.
Heh. I love mmo players.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 10, 2012, 09:51:32 AM

lots of people on my server were expecting it for this Tuesday and they canceled between last night and today when it became official it wasn't going to happen.
Heh. I love mmo players.

Seriously the only ppl that claimed it was coming this week were some of the SWTOR sites that misheard or misread the info and put it all out there.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:24 AM

Yes to all, but you are missing the point where, in a subscription based game, you are paying for something you are actually unable to play due to slow patching/fixing/expanding of some poorly implemented features. The people I'm talking about are not ragequitting. They are not paying anymore because all the game is offering them _at the moment_ is "Star Wars Republic Fleet - The 3D chat". The patch is necessary to justify money at this time, and to give people a reason, any reason, to keep logging in.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:58 PM

Ok?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 10, 2012, 12:30:56 PM

Yeah, I was mostly venting MY frustration. Maybe because I didn't cancel  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: April 10, 2012, 01:02:18 PM

If you insist on making yourself miserable playing a game you don't like the fashionable thing to do is to play non-stop multiplayer Mass Effect 3 looking for a particular reward.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: April 10, 2012, 01:05:02 PM

A lot of people are stuck in pre-patch limbo, usually those who need their ding grats progression to have fun.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: April 10, 2012, 01:05:09 PM

If you insist on making yourself miserable playing a game you don't like the fashionable thing to do is to play non-stop multiplayer Mass Effect 3 looking for a particular reward.

This is excellent advice.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: April 10, 2012, 01:09:11 PM

1.2 hits tomorrow night.

Over and out.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #123 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:10 PM

So funny that SWTOR might actually be less commercially successful than SWG.  Not that that would vindicate Sim Beru or the nuking of said Sim Beru, twice. Just that SWTOR has a lot red ink to overcome.

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #124 on: April 10, 2012, 01:20:13 PM

1.2 hits tomorrow night.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-game-update-1.2-april-12-2012

10 PM Pacific time tomorrow night they take stuff down, their maintenance times are really strange.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #125 on: April 10, 2012, 01:54:58 PM

Ahahahaha! This totally made me laugh out loud. Heart Heart Heart

God Save the Horn Players
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: April 10, 2012, 02:23:31 PM

Heh. I love mmo players.

The funny thing to me is that they cancelled, but their paid time won't run out until after 1.2 is live anyways.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: April 10, 2012, 03:02:36 PM

Yeah some commented on that, but I think their point was to send a "Fuck this shit I'm out" message (while not canceling sends the "Alright guys I know it's tough I'll support you and patiently wait for patch" message) to EA-Bioware, and make sure the sub didn't auto-renew out of distraction.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: April 10, 2012, 03:08:06 PM

Canceling is the only actual means of telling a MMO to actually fix its shit. To be fair.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:41 PM

Cancelled in March (expired on 3/20).  Waiting until a few days pass after they release 1.2, and for a BIIF (but is it fixed?) report from you guys.  Specifically on whether I (or the CSR's) can get rid of stuck quests.  Then I'll resub, maybe.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:14 AM

So funny that SWTOR might actually be less commercially successful than SWG.  

This makes me feel like that dog in the Larson cartoon waiting for the cat to step into the washing machine... "oh please, oh please".

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #131 on: April 11, 2012, 04:38:49 AM

So funny that SWTOR might actually be less commercially successful than SWG.  Not that that would vindicate Sim Beru or the nuking of said Sim Beru, twice. Just that SWTOR has a lot red ink to overcome.
I dunno, how much did SWG make catering to the autistic demographic?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #132 on: April 11, 2012, 07:33:41 AM

edit: nevermind i cant read rite
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: April 11, 2012, 03:36:46 PM

So they announced today that ranked warzones arent going to make it in 1.2 tomorrow but down the road and the intended gear from them will be obtainable via another way which they dont tell you :P

"It is with great reluctance that I have to announce Ranked Warzones are not going live with Game Update 1.2: Legacy. We had a fantastic run of testing on the Public Test Server and I can’t begin to thank the community enough for their tireless advocacy for this feature and the time people took to file bugs and voice their concerns.

After careful consideration, it is clear that to make Ranked Warzones the feature we all want it to be is going to take a bit more time. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause and ask for your patience as we work to make sure the Ranked Warzone Preseason launch is polished and fun. With Legacy, the new Warzone, Operation, and Flashpoint, as well as many other amazing features of Game Update 1.2 ready to go, we're very excited for tomorrow's additions.

In the future we'll be rolling the Ranked Warzone Preseason out in phases, listening carefully to player feedback and making adjustments as we go. The first phase will be full team, eight-player queuing only and from there we'll look at next steps as Preseason progresses. In the meantime we have provided an alternate purchase route for War Hero gear so you can start building your set while figuring out your teams."
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: April 11, 2012, 03:41:22 PM

This makes me very happy.  Ranked Warzones without cross server queuing would have been terrible on those servers with smaller PvP populations, especially with the original plan of filling the ranked WZ with people who queued for an unranked match if there weren't enough people queuing for a ranked match.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: April 11, 2012, 03:53:17 PM

Yea, I really wasn't looking forward to having 8 man teams rolling pugs and junk.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: April 11, 2012, 04:15:19 PM

Agreed, que times are too long on a lot of servers so splitting off any pvpers to ranked Warzones was a stupid idea.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: April 11, 2012, 10:13:42 PM

And so....  It begins.

(waits for patch)

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:12 PM

I'd rather they put solo q's in before 8 man.  I have been screwed out of my 8 man warzone team.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: April 12, 2012, 05:27:35 AM

Wow, they weren't kidding about the "up to 1GB" of patches for 1.2, were they?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch 1.2 is out.  
Jump to: