Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5 Day 1 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 5 Day 1 Predictions  (Read 3031 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: October 06, 2011, 11:28:57 AM

Continuing my proud tradition from previous seasons of being about as wrong as possible when it comes to predicting the outcome of games, here are my picks for the first day of Season 5:

Division 1:
Sjofn vs Celer - Celer has the more developed team but I think that the Norse will shut them down. 2-1 Sjofn. Actual result: 2-1 Sjofn
Paelos vs Carnifex - A rookie Chaos team vs one of the most developed Lizard teams in the league. It's hard to see how this will go well for Paelos. 2-0 to Carnifex.  Actual result: 2-0 to Carnifex.
Comstar vs Ingmar - Game of the day. Two huge teams run by very good coaches. This game could be vital to the playoffs as there's a lot of potential for the Amazons to be broken beyond fixing. 2-1 Ingmar Actual result: 2-0 to Ingmar.
IainC vs Proudft - The Beetles are a solid team and Fianna Chulain is running close to the wind at the moment. 2-1 win for Proudft. Actual result: 2-2 draw.

Division 2:
AndyDavo vs Avaia - Andy is always going to be the favourite going into practically any match. Avaia might pull something back but he's got the worst possible starting draw. 4-0 AndyDavo  Actual result: 4-0 to AndyDavo.
Lamaros vs Haemish - Rat on Rat action but I think that the greater experience of Skabine and Lamaros himself will carry the day here. Always potential for Skaven bullshit to cause an upset but I'm calling this 3-1 to Lamaros. Actual result: 3-2 to Lamaros.
Megrim vs Reborne - Megrims totally fresh vampires will have a ton of inducements vs the Wrestlers but I still expect Reborne to take a win; probably by killing the entire other team. 1-0 Reborne Actual result: 3-1 Megrim.
Luckton vs Falconeer - Luckton is a bit of an unknown quantity and Falc has an excellent record of managing to find a way to lose despite being quite good at this game. I'm going to give this one to Falc though 3-1. Actual result: 2-2 to Falconeer.
Division 3:
Teleku vs Kailas - Another unknown quantity against a solid coach. The new guy is going to have his work cut out with a rookie Goblin team and I expect Teleku to farm SPPs aplenty from this match. 5-0 Teleku. Actual result: 3-1 to Teleku.
Strazos vs Ramas - Ramas is actually quite good at this game, unfortunately Strazos is better. Two dead even Norse teams go head to head but I expect Strazos to take the honours. 2-1 Strazos. Actual result: 1-0 to Strazos.
Krummi vs Ginaz - A brand new elf team is always going to be a challenge to play and a developed Lizardman team is their worst nightmare. 3-2 Ginaz and a lot of broken Elves afterwards. Actual result: 2-1 to Krummi.
Ulysees vs ICE - ICE is back with a new Wood Elf team this season while Ulysees continues with the Lizards. Elven bullshit might take this one but it will be expensive. 3-2 ICE. Actual result: 1-1 draw.

Division 4:
SirT vs Cacnklebiter -  I have a bit of an inside track on Cancklebiter and his team and I expect that he'll take an easy win here. SirT can do some damage though which will be appreciated by later opponents of this bruising Undead team. 2-0 Cancklebiter. Actual result: 1-0 to Cancklebiter.
Broocktoon vs Bann - Already played 1-1.
Ezrast vs Drogg - HHBL are one of the heavyweights from previous seasons while Ezrast is in with a rookie Elf team. This will be a mirror of the Krummi-Ginaz and Ulysees-ICE matches. 3-2 to the Lizards.  Actual result: 2-1 to Drogg.
Catfud vs Ruvaldt - Alive not Dead have the highest TV in the league but if there's a team that can take them it is the Ex-Presidents. Nailbiting match and one that will be vital to the playoff aspirations of both coaches. 2-1 Alive not Dead. Actual result: 1-0 to Ruvaldt.

Let's see how far from reality I turn out to be!

Accuracy so far: 10/15 and 3 scores correctly predicted.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:05:39 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:52:03 AM

I only predict pain. Whose is anyone's guess!

God Save the Horn Players
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:55:37 AM

I am just hoping the Norse teams in my division annihilate each other in advance of our early-season games.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:00:17 PM

I wouldn't hope too much. People predicted a blood bath when I played against the Silver Horde and I think we managed to get out of it without even hurting each other. Clearly all Norse teams are in cahoots!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:44:49 PM

My predictions!

Division 1:
Sjofn vs Celer - 2-1 Celer.  It'll be a close game, but Sjofn won't do enough damage to pull off a win.
Paelos vs Carnifex - 2-0 Carnifex.  The skinks will run roughshod over Paelos, but he'll get in a few parting shots.  (Nailed it)
Comstar vs Ingmar - 2-1 Ingmar.  I think everyone is looking forward to this match, and I'm tempted to say it'll be a tie at 1-1, but Ingmar's team are a good match against the Catfighters and his guard/tackle advantage will help him pull it off.  I don't expect a lot of injuries though. (I was off by one point again.  Same result though.)
IainC vs Proudft - 1-1 Draw.  I don't see IainC stopping Proudft if he manages to pick up the ball, and Iain will find it hard scoring without many rerolls.  This prediction is razor-thin though and if anyone is going to win the match I think it'd go to Iain; I still think it'll be a draw though. (Got the outcome right, but the score was higher than I thought it would be.)

Division 2:
AndyDavo vs Avaia - 3-0 Andy.  Avaia will do his best being a stick in the mud Nurgler, but Andy's Dark Elves will still pretty much score at will.
Lamaros vs Haemish - 3-1 Lamaros.  Haemish will pull off some gutter runner bullshit to score, but Lamaros' bs will outweigh Haemish's. (I didn't give Haemish enough credit!  Still got the result right.)
Megrim vs Reborne - 2-0 Rebourne.  I'll be watching the replay of this match.  It's so hard to predict because both teams rely more on luck than most; bad bloodlust or bonehead rolls on either side could sink the game.  Rebourne's Ogres are well developed though and that'll make a big difference. (I couldn't have been more wrong.)
Luckton vs Falconeer - 2-1 Falconeer.  This is actually a really good opening game for Luckton because he'll get a ton of inducements.  I expect it to be a reasonably close match.

Division 3:
Teleku vs Kailas - 5-0 Teleku.  Teleku is going to tear through this game, scoring at will early and driving off Kailas' secret weapons.
Strazos vs Ramas - 1-1 Draw.  If I had to pick a winner I'd pick Strazos, but this looks like a pyrrhic draw to me with both teams coming out badly injured for the next game.
Krummi vs Ginaz - 3-1 Ginaz.  Ginaz will give up a score, but his lizards are a good match against this team.
Ulysees vs ICE - 2-1 ICE.  ICE's lack of rerolls will hurt him, and this match may end up damaging his chances for the rest of the season, but I see the new elves pulling off a victory here.

Division 4:
SirT vs Cacnklebiter -  1-0 Cancklebiter.  In a grueling game of bonesnapping violence Cancklebiter will win, but at some cost.
Brocktoon vs Bann - 1-1.  I would have lost on this prediction if I had made one so I'm glad it was over early.
Ezrast vs Drogg - 3-2 Drogg.  This'll be a fun match to watch in a replay, and though Ezrast will put up a great fight I think Drogg will really shine this season.  He's got a good team and is in the right division.
Catfud vs Ruvaldt - 5 million - 0 Ruvaldt.  The violence inflicted upon Llyse's team will be so massive that a black hole will appear in the center of the pitch and devour the known universe.  Sometime afterward the collection of matter will grow so dense that it will explode, resulting in a second Big Bang, after which we will all be reborn, but as beastmen, and will revel in the Ex-Presidents' unbelievable victory.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:01:20 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:57:33 PM

IainC vs Proudft: 2-2 tie
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 01:57:59 PM

CHEATER

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 02:10:14 PM

I cannot predict how others will play, as I have only played Ruvaldt.  That said, I'll predict he wins since he's beaten me  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

As for me, I'll get a ton in inducements for sure, but will probably newb it up, mess up my execution of plays by doing the unsafe moves first and generally tumble over myself.   awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:04:49 PM

Division 1:
Sjofn vs Celer - I think this will be a draw! {Sjofn!}
Paelos vs Carnifex - I think Paelos will lose! {Too many re-rolls Paelos!}
Comstar vs Ingmar - Comstar's girls are too old and too slow! An easy win for dwarves. {Spot on for this one!}
IainC vs Proudft - I would have said beetles but I know it was a draw!

Division 2:
AndyDavo vs Avaia - Andy won't have it as easy as some think, but will still win.{Andy did have it pretty easy, in the end}
Lamaros vs Haemish - I dunno if Haem has played against Skaven much, so it will be a shock. Me by heaps. {Not by heaps, but with heaps of death!}
Megrim vs Reborne - I have no idea! I will be watching this replay! Megrim to win from inducements very likely. {Megrim doesn't let me down!}
Luckton vs Falconeer - Easy win for Falc.

Division 3:
Teleku vs Kailas - Teleku to win! {Teleku helping me get a prediction from this group!}
Strazos vs Ramas - Strazos will fail to draw and will lose! {I keep under-estimating Strazos}
Krummi vs Ginaz - A draw! {Not a draw!}
Ulysees vs ICE - ICE with a sneaky win! {A sneaky draw did prevail!}

Division 4:
SirT vs Cancklebiter - An easy win for the Undead!  
Broocktoon vs Bann - Already played 1-1. Go Goblins!!
Ezrast vs Drogg - Drogg will lose at losing, and win! {Alas, it was as predicted}
Catfud vs Ruvaldt - Ex-Presidents! Ex-Presidents!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:55:31 PM by lamaros »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:17:01 PM

From the other thread:

Battletech:

Sjofn 2-2 draw with Celer. The high elves have the skills, and Norse have the block. 2-1 Norse over Elves.
Carniflex27 3-0 over Paelos. The Big ones hit you and the little ones run can't be touched. It's like trying to decide what to shoot at when the Tryanids invade your planet. Shoot the big ones and be overrun or shoot the small ones and be overrun.  Carinfix wins 2-0
Ingmar 3-0 over me. And I take 10 casualties in the process. Ban all dwarf teams.2-0 and only 4 badly hurt.
IainC 2-1 over Proudft. Elf Bullshit wins the day. Takes some casualties though when the Khermi catch up with him. 2-2 draw.

2 results right, but wrong score, 2 wrong results. My predictions are as bad as my game vs dwarves was.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:25:40 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 04:40:42 PM

Division 1:
Sjofn vs Celer - 1-3 win for Celer
Paelos vs Carnifex - 1-2 win for Carni
Comstar vs Ingmar - 1-2 win for Ingmar (Please kill the 4 str blitzer for me why so serious? ) 0-2 win to Ingmar.
IainC vs Proudft - Already played

Division 2:
AndyDavo vs Avaia - 2-0 win to the Champ
Lameros vs Haemish - Surprise draw for Haemish 2-2  3-2 win to Lamaros. So close.
Megrim vs Reborne - 2-2 draw with Megrim losing a valuable pasty worm
Luckton vs Falconeer - 3-1 win for Falc.

Division 3:
Teleku vs Kailas - Teleku to win 3-0
Strazos vs Ramas - 2-2 draw
Krummi vs Ginaz - Ginaz has the edge for a standard 2-1 win
Ulysees vs ICE - Already played

Division 4:
SirT vs Cancklebiter - An easy win for the newcomer Canckle with a dead ghoul though
Brocktoon vs Bann - Already played
Ezrast vs Drogg - Ezrast will kill a skink in this draw
Catfud vs Ruvaldt - Win for the Silver Star

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:39:43 PM by Llyse »
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:27 AM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 11:27:38 PM

Well, looks like Battletech is going to be very predictable it seems (if you ignore my poor picks).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 12:02:21 AM

I dunno, only one person properly predicted me and Celer!  why so serious?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 08:57:48 PM

10 Right, 4 Wrong, and 2 were already played! Bring on match day two!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 10:03:04 PM

10 right, 5 wrong, 1 already played.  I'm pretty satisfied with that.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:02 PM

6/13

All that rust is showing  awesome, for real
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5 Day 1 Predictions  
Jump to: