Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5 Predictions, Trash Talk and Whining 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 5 Predictions, Trash Talk and Whining  (Read 8027 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: October 05, 2011, 04:21:02 PM

Let 'em rip!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:23:14 PM

What's a good over/under on dead Thro-ras?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:40:19 PM

I admit, I was hoping for a little more dodge/stunty in my division and a little less bash, but I'll take it. I was also kind of hoping to get AndyDavo because I want another shot at that match.

EDIT: Ezrast isn't in my league this time, /sadface. I guess I won't be throwing any passes.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:15:02 PM by Ingmar »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:42:35 PM

I'm just glad I don't have to fight Dwarfs.  Fucking Tackle breaks Halflings.  With everyone else, I at least have a glimmer of hope of winning, as opposed to none.

As I said before, may the best man-child and woman-child win  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 07:15:38 PM

EDIT: Ezrast isn't in my league this time, /sadface. I guess I won't be throwing any passes.
Would be worth it if you'd kill another werewolf.

I cannot get away from those assholes.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 07:20:57 PM

Update after three rounds:

Battletech:

A very tight contest in this group, with Ingmar the only player I am prepared to call safe. Comstar should also make it given his form in prior seasons, while a few others also have a nice run. Carnifex needs to beat Comstar or Iain in his next two games, otherwise he might drop back to the pack.

Cthulhu:

While Andy and myself are clear Megrim is also in a good place. Losing to Andy with novice Vampires is no great shame, and he should be able to get one or two wins in his remaining games. The winner of Falconeer and Avaia is still left over this round, so that could shore up 4th spot for one of them.

Stormbringer:

It looks like the current top four will be the final group, maybe even in the same order. Ulysses will hope he can threaten, and he does play two lower ranked players in his next two games. He needs to win those as he is unlikely to beat Strazos or Ramas in the final two rounds.

Twilight:

The top three are set, but will it be Lizards or the Undead joining them?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:19:06 PM by lamaros »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:24:23 PM

I've already had one draw so you're obviously on crack if you think I'm not winning my division this year.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:35 PM

Megrim's build on vampires is extremely ballsy. He has a lot of rerolls, but 4 vamps and 7 thralls is a serious roll of the dice on the blood thirst front. If it pays off early he could be very dangerous, or he could end up short handed very quickly in every game early on.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:28:29 PM

SirT - Will Dwarves unlock SirT's hidden potential? Probably not, but he won't lose as badly as he did with the infuriating Nurgle.

Yeah, I doubt Dwarves suit me as I tend to like being more mobile, but Dwarves are a solid team for now and hopefully I;ll enjoy this season more

Hic sunt dracones.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:58 PM

My report:

Battletech:

As lameros says this is a solid division with pretty much everyone a reasonable chance for playoffs

Sjofn - Good chance to sneak in like the ringer that she is
Celer - Has a chance to make the playoffs if inducements are used well
Paelos - Chaos will find it tough even with the slight inducment advantage
Carnifex - Another playoff contender
Comstar - Really depends on how badly Ingmar hugs it out but should be 2nd
Ingmar - Top of the group besides a soft loss to the missus
IainC - Solid woodies team that barely makes the cut, fighting for 4th
Proudft - Ignoring dead Throw-ras 3rd in the play offs

Cthulhu:

A confusing division with the defending champ, experienced coaches and new teams.

AndyDavo - 1st even if he gets beaten to a pulp (Here's hoping)
Avaia - Good use of Disturbing presence will give Avaia a chance of the playoffs
Lamaros - A solid choker, will make the playoffs but as always how far?
Haem - In with a chance as long as those Ogres don't catch him
Megrim - Proving his hardcoreness as usual with a completely new TV1000 Vampire team. Solid coach that loves the underdog
Reborne - Noob tier with the best chance of making the playoffs
Luckton - Seems like another savvy coach but the halfling won't save the world this time
Falconer - Solid coach but in a competitive group, should make playoffs this time

Stormbringer:

An interesting group of Norse, Lizards and Elves.

Teleku - Besides the injuries will make the playoffs easy
Kalias - New Gobs, much havoc but no finals
Eldaec - Should make the playoffs as long as he wins against the reptiles
Strazos - Same as Eldaec
Ginaz - Won't make it unless he wins against the Wood elves
Scadente - Failoffs for a fresh team isn't a bad fate
Ulysses - Really depends on how he fares vs the Norse but fail offs is my bet
Ice Cream Emperor - Teleku's rival for the best scorelines to make the play offs

Twilight:

SirT - Dwarves are a hard counter to Goblins and hopefully will break Skinks on the way to Failoffs
Cancklebiter - Dark horse of the Twilight
Modern Angel - Experienced coach to be a major spanner in the works, fighting for 4th
Bann - Solid coach fighting for 3rd or 4th
Ezrast - Another veteran fighting for 4th with a new team
Drogg - Always a pleasure to play against and should make the play offs
Llyse - Topping the regular season for a 4th time, just need to keep injury free
Ruvaldt - Great coach, totally farmed Chaos team in for 2nd place  why so serious?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 09:00:43 PM

Ingmar - Top of the group besides a soft loss to the missus

Nah, Ingmar'll probably beat me. And whine the whole time that he feels bad he killed both my werewolves and a berserker.

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 12:46:30 AM

Battletech:

A strong group, as all have said, with some fun matches.  Six teams have a serious shot at a playoff berth.  I think it'll be Ingmar, Comstar, IainC and Proudft though.

Sjofn - An excellent ringer from tier noob.  Sadly, I think she's in a tough division for Norse.
Celer - A solid coach that I've never played.  I have watched a few replays though and he'll be vying for that 4th spot along with Carnifex.
Paelos - This isn't Paelos' season.  I played him a lot in the Feeder League, and wish him the best, but those South Park boys need some more skills.
Carnifex - A contender for 4th place, or 3rd if the more fragile teams take a hard fall.
Comstar - Comstar could easily shoot for 2nd or 3rd, or higher, as long as he doesn't get pummeled early and spiral out from early injuries.
Ingmar - Ingmar should make 1st or 2nd and give us some good replays against the division's elves, amazons and...Khemri!
IainC - IainC is a good coach who can score against teams with a more developed roster so I expect him vying for 3rd or 4th as long as he doesn't lose another war dancer...
Proudft - Proudft's team can put a serious hurt on Ingmar and wind up a spoiler.  I expect Proudft to be in the running for a playoff berth, but it'll be 4th or 3rd.

Cthulhu:

Two surefire playoff berths and several contenders for the other spots, but the smart money is on AndyDavo, Lamaros, Falconeer and Rebourne, in that order.

AndyDavo - AndyDavo will take the top spot, I have little doubt.
Avaia - Avaia is in a tough group for his team.  His skill could overcome his team's difficulty, but he'll need some help from other coaches' losses/mistakes and good inducements.
Lamaros - Lamaros will make the playoffs, but in second place.
Haem - Haemish needs another season with these Skaven and he needs to take fewer risky moves.  Won't make the playoffs but won't be winless either.
Megrim - If anyone can play Vampires it's Megrim; I really liked his Season 2 team.  I expect he'll be vying with Rebourne for the 4th place playoff berth, but Rebourne has the edge.
Reborne - A serious contender in the division that I think could make the playoffs this year in 4th, or even 3rd, place.
Luckton - Luckton is actually a promising coach and I think he'll at least tie in one game this season.  How's that for being positive?
Falconer - Falconeer should be back in the playoffs and will be vying for the 2nd and 3rd spots.  This is a good division for him.

Stormbringer:

This is a really odd group that has some fun matches ahead.  I expect Teleku to finish first with Strazos, Eldaec and ICE, in that order, trailing behind.

Teleku - No brainer.  He'll make the playoffs, it's just a matter of which spot, and I happen to think it'll be 1st.
Kalias - I hope he kills a lot of things, but I don't expect much else in this first season.
Eldaec - A great Norse team in a good division.  I figure he'll make the playoffs, but as 2nd or 3rd.
Strazos - Strazos' odds are a mirror of Eldaec.  He'll be returning to the playoffs and bashing skulls on his way there.
Ginaz - I don't expect to see Ginaz in the playoffs, but this is a good division to potentially build up some skills.
Scadente - Just like Ginaz, I don't think Scadente will be making it to the end, but it's a good division for team growth.
Ulysses - Ulysses has it in him to make 3rd or, more likely, 4th, especially if ICE suffers some injuries.
Ice Cream Emperor - ICE should go to the playoffs as long as he avoids injuries.  He's a great coach so a newish team isn't that much of a setback.

Twilight:

My division!  How things will be: Ruvaldt, Llyse, Drogg and Ezrast.

SirT - SirT will win a game this season, but will not make the playoffs.  I expect him to be a thoroughly frustrating opponent and am presently sharpening my claws in anticipation.
Cancklebiter - Never played him; don't know him.  So I expect the worst.  His team looks good so he could upset.
Modern Angel - Never played Modern Angel in all of these seasons.  I'm looking forward to this match the most.  Plus, the SPPs!  Oh, the SPPs!  If he makes the playoffs it'll be in the 4th spot, and I wouldn't put it past him.
Bann - I don't think this is the Dandies' year.  It's a weird division for his humans given his players' skills.
Ezrast - A new team but he'll pull it off.  I think Ezrast will win a razor-thin battle for fourth as long as those two awesome catchers stay alive.  That, however, could be a challenge given the damaged back on one of them.
Drogg - Drogg has the most solid Lizard team and he plays them well.  I'm not looking forward to this match, and expect he'll make 3rd.
Llyse - Awesome coach and a fun opponent.  He's due a victory over me so our face-off in the first round might go poorly for me, but I have confidence that I can spoil in the long run.
Ruvaldt - The ex-leaders of the free world.  What more is there to say?  They will brutally crush all teams in their path to such a humiliating degree that when they finally win the Season 5 Championship they will also be named champion of Seasons 6 and 7.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:18:25 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 02:32:40 AM

Battletech:

A very solid group - everyone has a chance at the playoff's,and I suspect 3 of the 4 places will end up based on random bad luck for someone else's game. EVERYONE has block, or high ST players, or both. And the Dwarves have guard on top!

Sjofn - Will do some damage, but the team's a bit too light. With all the Guard in this division, they will need to cage her +1ST runner well. Has the worst group draw of anyone else in the group.
Celer - A well skilled team, with 3 wrestlers in it. A nearly full strength Helf team, his place will depend on how well he can blitz the ball.
Paelos - A low skill Chaos team vs teams with lots of skills. His Blocking Chaos Warriors will be dangerous, but I fear his one Beastmen with a ball skill will be the priority target for the other teams, and is highly unlikely to survive the season. However, if they live, he should pick up some good game winning mutations by the end.
Carnifex - A very good player, and his 6 blocking Saurus's will do a lot of damage and be very hard to shift. And then his skink's will run rings around anyone else. There are no weaknesses in this team.
Comstar - Not too much tackle to worry about apart from my first (I'm going to lose it) vs Dwarves. I don't think I'm going to keep enough of my players alive with all these blocking teams to be able to get more blodges either. I can only hope all the heavy hitters kill each other off before the end of the season.
Ingmar - Anyone he can't beat will be so bloody they'll wish they lost anyway. I'll be lucky to have a girl standing by the 2nd half. The half of the team that dosn't already have Guard will have it by the end of the season. In the finals you'll need a tactical nuclear weapon to make a hole in his line, and a strategic nuclear weapon to get the ball off him. His only weakness is his low scoring slowness of being short. And with the other team not having anyone on the pitch, who cares about that.
IainC - A full roster of Welves, every one of which can perform elf bullshit to take any opportunity, a catcher with +1 AG who can make 1 turn touchdowns and a thrower who can throw him the ball from one end of the pitch to the other. However, the winner of the best-chocker-in-league will also be in danger of being pounded into the dirt by every other team he plays. Well may we see some Elf Bullshit win the day, because nothing else will save him if he's got any elves standing up next to an opponent at the start of the turnover.
Proudft - A Khermi team with not many skills apart from the ability to pound anyone else in the group into the dirt. If he can get some skills during the season, his 4 Tomb Guardian's will be the key to not letting anyone else stand up to him.

Prediction - Ingmar, Carnifex , Me and IainC (in that order) to go to the play-offs. And lots of dead and injured players on every team (Except the Dwarves. Ban all Dwarves).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:39:03 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 02:47:30 AM

Predictions for Round 1:

What my game's going to start like:

Statue representing my team afterwards:

Sjofn 2-2 draw with Celer. The high elves have the skills, and Norse have the block.
Carniflex27 3-0 over Paelos. The Big ones hit you and the little ones run can't be touched. It's like trying to decide what to shoot at when the Tryanids invade your planet. Shoot the big ones and be overrun or shoot the small ones and be overrun.  
Ingmar 3-0 over me. And I take 10 casualties in the process. Ban all dwarf teams.
IainC 2-1 over Proudft. Elf Bullshit wins the day. Takes some casualties though when the Khermi catch up with him.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:58:12 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 02:48:37 AM

Luckton - Luckton is actually a promising coach and I think he'll at least tie in one game this season.  How's that for being positive?

Love Letters

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 04:55:43 AM

Here are my predictions on the divisions. Note that my strike rate on accurately predicting what would happen has been ... poor in the past.

Overall: Yellow names are my picks for the playoffs.

Battletech:

Sjofn - A bad draw for her. She'll take some points and might play the kingmaker by disabling key players of stronger teams but won't go through.
Celer - Generally good but in this division I think he'll be in the bottom half.
Paelos - With his current team I don't see him doing well against this crowd. Might be playing for fourth.
Carnifex - I'd expect him to be in the playoffs. A solid coach with a ferocious team.
Comstar - Comstar to lead the division at the end. Has been known to choke but he's got everything lined up this time.
Ingmar - If Comstar isn't leading the division then it will be because Ingmar is instead. The only team I really fear in this division.
IainC - Perennial choker that I am, I wouldn't put money on me. I have a team that can play the ball but I had to strip out all my rerolls and the apothecary to bring the team down to weight.
Proudft - The one coach who might put the brakes on Ingmar's rise to the top. He might not win but you'll still lose.

Cthulhu:

AndyDavo
- Easy favourite for top of the division.
Avaia - A solid coach who might cause an upset. He'll have his work cut out though.
Lamaros - A solid pick for the playoffs. Will likely be second behind AndyDavo
Haem - Haem will be towards the bottom of the division but will take some scalps on the way. Mostly he'll be recruiting a lot of new rats over the season.
Megrim - Could be a playoff contender if he doesn't lose key players too early on.
Reborne - Another potential upset in the making. On paper he doesn't look like he's in it but Nuffle loves the little guy.
Luckton - A relatively new coach compared to his opposition. This will be a steep learning curve for him.
Falconeer - Another solid pick for the playoffs as long as he doesn't choke once again.

Stormbringer:

Teleku - He's in a good division for him and should win it handily.
Kalias - New coach, new team. Could be a spoiler but unlikely to be a contender.
Eldaec - Solid player with a strong team. I expect to see him in the playoffs.
Strazos - Strazos will be in the playoffs unless something very weird happens.
Ginaz - Ginaz is still developing as a coach but he'll rack up a respectable score.
Scadente - I don't see Scadente making hte playoffs but he will certainly take some points on the way.
Ulysses - A good coach with a good team. Could be a contender if things go badly for others.
Ice Cream Emperor - Good coach but a new team. If he can get the team rolling he should make the playoffs.

Twilight:

SirT - I'd like SirT to take a win. I don't expect him to be anywhere but last but I hope he'll find Dwarfs less frustrating than he did Nurgle.
Cancklebiter - He's a solid player, less experience than most but knows wtf. Don't expect him to make the playoffs but he'll be in the game to the end.
Modern Angel - I'd expect MA to make the playoffs barring some crazy upset.
Bann - Another who might be in the race for fourth.
Ezrast - Always a solid choice, I expect he'll be in the playoffs
Drogg - Good pick for the playoffs but he will need to win some of the harder games to get there.
Llyse - Almost as good at choking as I am. maybe a second place for him this season.
Ruvaldt - Should go top of his division. might be giving up a lot in inducements though.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 09:22:48 AM

Fair warning, and apologies in advance: I am fouling on turn 16, if possible.  I will not pass up a chance to pick up a rotter.   Beating a Dead Horse
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 09:45:08 AM

Battletech:

Beardstorm and Comstar to top group and that will be the game of the division, unless we get webcam streams and can watch the husband/wife fight game live.

Sjofn - This divison might turn out to be a bit brutal for her. Failoffs. But then again she could play the "no sex" card on week 3 to provide an upset...
Celer -  Developed elves, easy top 3. Playoffs
Paelos - Rookie Chaos, with 1 warrior carrying a niggle. will struggle too many times this season. Failoffs
Carnifex - Decent lizard team, with most sauri nearly on level 2. must must must kick the Av7 sauri, but should be strong enough to qualify. Playoffs
Comstar - He'll get there, too much of a pain in the ass not to. And a good coach. Playoffs.
Ingmar - Another solid coach, title will be between him and Comstar i think. Playoffs
IainC - Playing with no rerolls is going to hurt, playing with 11 woodelves is going to hurt. I smell a recipie for disaster. If he sticks with this team next season will be a totally different matter however. Failoffs for now.
Proudft - Question is, can he get past the otehr strong members of this league, should be 5th, depending on how IainC gets on with this no reroll risk. Failoffs

Cthulhu:

My group. I'm happy with this but there are a number of coaches who know exactly what their doing. And its got the damm ogres in it again. Will the paper armour dolls live up to their rep? Probably! top 2 me and Lamaros.

AndyDavo - Its me - i dont like talking about myself but i gotta be happy with the low AV in this group, Playoffs, aiming at first place
avaia - Playing rookie nurgle is hard, playing vs so much dodge will be depressing, good coach but can he get thru? I think it will be between him and Megrim for 4th. He has the edge so Playoffs!
Lamaros - Developed skaven. good coach. I look forwards to playing him, playoffs.
HaemishM - He was my tip to sneak the playoffs last term but with such a strong group this season i can only see failoffs this time around. Has a solid base to build from, decent team so far. Failoffs.
Megrim - Playing vampires. Well, this will be interesting. I think the starting roster is a mistake, 4 vamps and only 11 players is asking for trouble but it does project a decent amount of on pitch power (for thefirst few turns anyway!). Failoffs.
Reborne - Such a sweet opening day draw too. If he makes a mess of Megrims team he can only blame himself for giving himself a great chance at the playoffs. I think he will be playing for the playoffs with the Zons, but he will bonehead at just the wrong moment. Failoffs.
Luckton - Comical choice but underestimate them at your peril. unless you have some tackle inwhich case go hunting. So me then. Yum Yum free spps! *edit - i aint seen this guy play and if he knows what he is doign he could actually do rather well, previous prediction stands, for now at least. Failoffs
Falconer - Mr-cracks-under-pressure. Come on falc sort your shit out. Playoffs

Stormbringer

This has to be the group of death, purely because of all the AV7! Could Teleku run in 7 again against the goblins? thats the game of this group i think...

Teleku - Has some nice wardancers and if he can get to the position of fielding (or not ofc) a bench could do rather well. Playoffs
Kalias - Goblins - is going to get inducement money nearly every week so if he gets bribes he may do ok. Still, he's playing goblins, Failoffs
Eldaec - Er in game name and forum name dont match so duno.
Strazos - Developed norse Vs low av targets. playoffs.
Ginaz - starting to get there with his team so may get to the playoffs. It will be an uphill struggle thou. and with the other 2 norse, Icecreams Woodies and Teleku's woodies prob taking top 4 slots this has to be a Failoffs
Scadente - Another who cant match a forum name and an ingame one. Have fun arranging games?
Ulysses - Same boat as Ginaz but a slightly shitter boat with a few more holes. Failoffs
Ice Cream Emperor - Great coach, possibly the best in the divison, but playing with 1RR is mental. May cost him a playoff position but i will hold faith. Playoffs

Twilight:

The humans will win this and the other 3 I have picked out really really should make the top 4. Question is in what order? *Dandies to remain unbeaten.*

SirT -  not so much a question of playoffs / failoffs but more a question of will he stay won't he. He was warned he'd hate dwarves. Failoffs
Cancklebiter - Another who dont match forum and in game names. dont know him from last season so Failoffs.
Modern Angel - Another who dont match forum and in game names. Recognise the name however and i think he knows what he is doing. Playoffs.
Bann - A possible divison winner, badly needs piling on for a MB blitzer but will walk this. Playoffs.
Ezrast - Underdeveloped Av7, question is will there be anything left to take to the Failoffs?
Drogg -  decent team, but is frenzy wise as a first skill pick? still should do well. Playoffs.
Llyse - A seasoned vet, and not someone who fixes animals. easy enough for this guy this time around. Playoffs.
Ruvaldt - A killer team, IF he blitzes with the right piece every turn. and i mean every turn. Playoffs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:47:33 AM by AndyDavo »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 10:56:21 AM

All you motherfuckers underestimating my Skaven will RUE the day, RUE I SAY.

Just wanted to make sure I jinx my season for good from the start.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 10:59:44 AM

All you motherfuckers underestimating my Skaven will RUE the day, RUE I SAY.

Just wanted to make sure I jinx my season for good from the start.

It's ok, you'll at least get 3-5 TDs on me  awesome, for real

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 11:02:27 AM

Fear is my greatest weapon.  awesome, for real

That said it would take a miracle for me to score 3 times. I don't think I've done it yet.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 11:27:24 AM

I am enjoying the recurring theme of "Sjofn is probably an adequate coach but she's dooooooomed."

I do not so much appreciate the "lawl she can get Ingmar to let her win" parts though.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 11:28:06 AM

Those people obviously never saw me play chess against my 8 year old cousin.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 11:30:51 AM

Or watched you utterly maim my poor elves with your goddamn khemri.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 11:31:15 AM

I am enjoying the recurring theme of "Sjofn is probably an adequate coach but she's dooooooomed."

I do not so much appreciate the "lawl she can get Ingmar to let her win" parts though.

I won't let you win! Random bashing ftw!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 11:32:16 AM

Yeah I figure our match is going to be pretty punchy, Paelos. I suspect you and I are going into this season with similar philosophies. "At least make them sorry they had to play you."

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 11:40:43 AM

The first two matches are my best chances at getting wins and skills on my dudes (pro elf then goblins).  Stormbringer doesn't seem to have any true bashy teams.  Lizards bash is balanced out with the skinks and the Norse, while capable of bashing, can be a little fragile with their AV.  I don't think I'll be making it to the playoffs but if I can get some more skills for my players (15/16 for my Krox for ages now ACK!) and keep my saurus and Krox alive, I might be able to win a game or two I didn't expect to.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:54:09 AM

Ice Cream Emperor - Great coach, possibly the best in the divison, but playing with 1RR is mental.

Yeah. It was that or drop my tree, though. And I want a tree! Also the reroll is cheaper to buy back.

I think people predicting my making the playoffs should consider that my first three games are against Lizards, Norse, Goblins, and Norse. I have one reroll and zero money for replacements. If I get out the other side of these games with an intact team, I will certainly be a cheerful coach, but I could pretty easily have no team left at all.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:24 AM

I think people predicting my making the playoffs should consider that my first three games are against Lizards, Norse, Goblins, and Norse.

awesome, for real

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 12:07:15 PM

I think people predicting my making the playoffs should consider the fact that I can't even count, as well.

Though really, it's just that goblins don't even register.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 12:10:54 PM

To your credit, the only reason I think you have a hard road ahead of you this season is the fact that you're in a tough division for your team.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 12:28:08 PM

Well, that's why I'm kinda enjoying it! I am always a fan of low expectations, I can usually meet those.  Heart

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 01:32:37 PM

You guys expecting me to make the playoffs know I'm playing goblins, right?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 06:20:01 PM

Accidentally edited my post earlier in the thread. Whoops!

Update after three rounds:

Battletech:

A very tight contest in this group, with Ingmar the only player I am prepared to call safe. Comstar should also make it given his form in prior seasons, while a few others also have a nice run. Carnifex needs to beat Comstar or Iain in his next two games, otherwise he might drop back to the pack.

Cthulhu:

While Andy and myself are clear Megrim is also in a good place. Losing to Andy with novice Vampires is no great shame, and he should be able to get one or two wins in his remaining games. The winner of Falconeer and Avaia is still left over this round, so that could shore up 4th spot for one of them.

Stormbringer:

It looks like the current top four will be the final group, maybe even in the same order. Ulysses will hope he can threaten, and he does play two lower ranked players in his next two games. He needs to win those as he is unlikely to beat Strazos or Ramas in the final two rounds.

Twilight:

The top three are set, but will it be Lizards or the Undead joining them?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 07:12:03 AM

There will come a terrifying day when I win a game, and the ball will start rolling!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5 Predictions, Trash Talk and Whining  
Jump to: