Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:53:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 891363 times)
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1925 on: January 24, 2015, 04:09:33 PM

It's not finalised but I'm already throwing money at my monitor...

Spider-Gwen model

This absolutely NEEDS to be an Enhanced costume as well as a team-up. I will call shenanigans otherwise.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1926 on: January 24, 2015, 06:15:55 PM

OH MY GOD, the winter soldier ult is the greatest thing ever.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1927 on: January 24, 2015, 06:23:52 PM

Spider Gwen baffles me.  Why go to all the trouble of a black & white costume then put on blue slippers? Why?

Wear a mask AND a hood.. because your vision wasn't impaired enough! Baffling rules of cool.

OH MY GOD, the winter soldier ult is the greatest thing ever.

And now I have to go look up wtf it is.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1928 on: January 24, 2015, 06:41:31 PM

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:43:09 PM by Trippy »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1929 on: January 24, 2015, 06:41:40 PM

Pffth i just told you what it is, the greatest thing ever! for real though, he jumps on a ladder and flies off towards the camera which then turns into a first person cannon that you use to blow away bad guys with a machine gun and missiles. Edit: missiles are yet to be added in.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:44:14 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1930 on: January 24, 2015, 06:45:13 PM

I would like to get some more heroes with the BOGO sale. Thinking Silver Surfer (he sounds op from what you guys say), and maybe Storm (Cheap, first 10 levels seemed alright, am told she is good at blowing up the world) and I dunno. Wouldn't mind going Magneto a go, but his powers didn't look like much from the tooltips.

I guess, what I'm asking, is what are some of y'alls must have and/or favorite heroes? So far Squirrel Girl is my favorite, and I want another fun op feeling option.

Finally, are there any good hero power/fun tier lists out there? The ones I have found are kinda old.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1931 on: January 24, 2015, 06:53:43 PM

Spider Gwen baffles me.  Why go to all the trouble of a black & white costume then put on blue slippers? Why?

You know, I thought that was just a missing texture because it's a work in progress.  I was wrong.  She really does have really bright blue slippers on for some reason.

Apparently they're supposed to look like chucks.  Because why not I guess.  I like the rest of the costume in print form, but I don't know if she really translates well on a 3D model.

Edit: Ok, that Winter Soldier ultimate is certainly 4th wall breaking.  He's just invulnerable the whole time?  What do other players see?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:57:00 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1932 on: January 24, 2015, 07:01:32 PM

I would like to get some more heroes with the BOGO sale. Thinking Silver Surfer (he sounds op from what you guys say), and maybe Storm (Cheap, first 10 levels seemed alright, am told she is good at blowing up the world) and I dunno. Wouldn't mind going Magneto a go, but his powers didn't look like much from the tooltips.

I guess, what I'm asking, is what are some of y'alls must have and/or favorite heroes? So far Squirrel Girl is my favorite, and I want another fun op feeling option.

Finally, are there any good hero power/fun tier lists out there? The ones I have found are kinda old.

Surfer and Storm are both solid choices, Magneto is actually pretty damn awesome also.  The most accurate and unbiased power/fun list would be a date of release/review list, top guys are going to be the most recent ones.  Stay away from deadpool who is going to be the last guy to be reviewed, captain america and punisher are both pretty low on both power/fun but both are currently up for review with caps changes already on test and looking good.  Hulk is currently the strongest char, Juggernaut is probably the best combination of fun and power atm.  Honestly you can't go wrong with any character that has released or been review in the past six months or so and most of the older ones are also pretty decent.  The "stay away from" list right now is probably just deadpool, hawkeye, invisible woman, scarlet witch and loki, and you will probably find people who like them anyways.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1933 on: January 24, 2015, 08:00:17 PM

I think Loki is a lot of fun, but he's kind of non-intuitive and he suffers from a lack of damage compared to the newer heroes.  Lots of illusions + stealth makes him very hard to kill if you play him right, though.  He just takes a lot longer to defeat stuff.  He kind of reminds me of Scarlet Witch in that regard, being more of an attrition type than a big hit type, but the game right now really favors the big spike damage heroes.

Over and out.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1934 on: January 25, 2015, 04:04:21 AM

Spider-Gwen's blue feet are an integral part of why the costume works, for me. They break up the sea of black without resorting to typical super-hero boot cliches and tie in with the colour of the webbing on the purple parts of the costume. As for wearing a hood over a mask, no one's bitched at Doom for that very same style choice.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1935 on: January 25, 2015, 08:59:08 AM

Doom's hood has bothered me, but not to this extent because:
1) I figure it's covering some portion of the back of his disfigured head. I always assumed the mask was only the front portion of his face.
2) It doesn't flare out to the sides looking as ridiculous as Gwen's.

The color palette of the shoes are the most jarring part. It makes zero sense aesthetically and clashes.

My favorite heroes so far have been Surfer and Gambit. They lay-out the pain pretty well and have easy mechanics that don't require hyper-coordination.  Juggernaut is fun, but I find I'm disappointed that his most useful ability is an elbow drop instead of running through shit (which is on a CD)

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1936 on: January 25, 2015, 09:11:30 AM

Apparently they're supposed to look like chucks.  

They look like ballet slippers to me.

I am the .00000001428%
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1937 on: January 25, 2015, 09:23:51 AM

The color palette of the shoes are the most jarring part. It makes zero sense aesthetically and clashes.

I respectfully disagree; it's a bold and refreshing colour choice on a costume template that has rarely strayed from primary blues, reds and blacks for most iterations.
The 'chucks' are even something of a visual callback to Superior Spidey's feet.

Either way, I like the design a lot and I'd love to see her be an Enhanced Costume; and by no means is anyone being forced to use it.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1938 on: January 25, 2015, 12:18:41 PM

The really weird thing is I never noticed her shoes before in the comics.

IN the twitch stream on Friday Gaz said the shoes "pop" too much on screen and they will try to turn it down a notch before releasing here. In any event she's a first day purchase for me. Love me some Spider-Gwen.  Love Letters
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1939 on: January 26, 2015, 08:44:05 AM

I'm not so big on the colors, but it's an homage to the Spidey red and blue while doing her own thing.  I'd play her before other Spideys.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1940 on: January 26, 2015, 09:01:32 AM

Nothing has changed on Ms. Marvel in months, it's less that she is bad and more that the power creep curve has accelerated past her. She still afk face tanks cosmic's/one-shots, and she still has a decent TTK, just not comparable to the heroes two-shotting bosses.  why so serious?

I can kinda understand why she has not gotten much loving because she was and is pretty well balanced for power and there were a lot of others that needed way more loving than she does. I may have to try out the hulk rework but still need to run juggy up to 60 he seems like a hoot.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1941 on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:39 AM

Ms Marvel, Nightcrawler, Black Panther, Cable, Colossus and a few others had nothing wrong with them other than being left far far behind on the power creep curve.  Six months ago they would have been top characters or at least perfectly fine.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1942 on: January 26, 2015, 12:33:55 PM

I'm not so big on the colors, but it's an homage to the Spidey red and blue while doing her own thing.  I'd play her before other Spideys.

I'll stick with Mayday.

Over and out.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1943 on: January 26, 2015, 12:48:31 PM

Mayday sounds like lady Deadpool.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1944 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:52 PM

Could be the same voice actor.  Her obnoxiousness level is reduced from Deadpool to Spiderman, though.

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1945 on: January 26, 2015, 01:48:07 PM

So Mayday is Spider Girl then?  It's a fun costume, I played around with it for an hour or two last week. Made me feel less odd about having SpiderMan as his own team-up.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1946 on: January 26, 2015, 08:51:25 PM

X-23's "movement" build seems oddly stationary, though more satisfying for me than the bleed build I was using earlier. Way more wrath intensive though. If I don't have something that can survive being "stuck" to, I can end up out of juice really quickly.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1947 on: January 26, 2015, 09:59:36 PM

Twirling Lunge will end up being a net wrath gain for movement builds once the next patch is live, so that might help with your wrath issues.

Over and out.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1948 on: January 26, 2015, 11:15:11 PM

I respectfully disagree; it's a bold and refreshing colour choice on a costume template that has rarely strayed from primary blues, reds and blacks for most iterations.
The 'chucks' are even something of a visual callback to Superior Spidey's feet.

Either way, I like the design a lot and I'd love to see her be an Enhanced Costume; and by no means is anyone being forced to use it.

Spider-Gwen will get the enhanced costume treatment as well as the team-up treatment:  https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/team-up-advance-pack-2.html

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1949 on: January 27, 2015, 05:12:59 AM

Hoo boy, that's pretty tempting, and not just for early access Spider-Gwen. Though I'm utterly baffled about the inclusion of Carnage. Who's next, 'BFF' Bullseye? Some characters need to be left villainous, thanks.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1950 on: January 27, 2015, 05:37:51 AM

I don't play this game. I have it installed but I played it three times for about 30 minutes over the past 2 years. Still, I receive some promotion code for some reason in my mailbox. Out of curiosity I punched one in last night and got Squirrel Girl, which is pretty much the only character I was interested in other than Storm (which I have too). Wheeee. Seriously, go me. What are the chances? Back to not playing.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1951 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:05 AM

1 in 44!

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1952 on: January 27, 2015, 07:48:22 AM

I don't play this game. I have it installed but I played it three times for about 30 minutes over the past 2 years. Still, I receive some promotion code for some reason in my mailbox. Out of curiosity I punched one in last night and got Squirrel Girl, which is pretty much the only character I was interested in other than Storm (which I have too). Wheeee. Seriously, go me. What are the chances? Back to not playing.
They were offering a free hero to lapsed accounts.

Go play SG!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1953 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:27 AM

They were offering a free hero to lapsed accounts.

Go play SG!

Make sure to fight Juggernaut for the best line in the game.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1954 on: January 27, 2015, 12:44:55 PM

I don't know, the line when she fights Sinister is awfully good too!

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1955 on: January 27, 2015, 12:59:46 PM

And Doom. Really all of her lines are good.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1956 on: January 27, 2015, 02:56:24 PM

Moonknight is pretty hilarious as well. It takes a B rate hero like me to take out a B rate villian like you!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1957 on: January 27, 2015, 06:00:40 PM

I would actually kind of like Sunspot as a real character and not just a team-up.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1958 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:54 PM

Just because they're team-ups doesn't preclude them from ever becoming playable.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1959 on: January 27, 2015, 06:12:54 PM

Sorta makes it more likely.  I would put good money on Havok and Agent Venom being on the 2016 advanced pack.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: