Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: God Bless America 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God Bless America  (Read 2005 times)
Stewie
Terracotta Army

on: April 05, 2012, 06:36:09 AM

This looks kinda interesting in a darkly funny way.
Reminds me of falling down.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yruArw21EGA

Professional Forum Lurker.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:40:26 AM

THE Bobcat Goldthwait writer and director?

..go on, I'm listening...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:52:13 AM

That's a hilarious trailer.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:22:15 AM

THE Bobcat Goldthwait writer and director?

..go on, I'm listening...

If you're that interested because of him, you should know he's been making movies for a few years as writer and director.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001281/

Shakes the Clown and World's Greatest Dad are two such movies you'd want to check out as well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:25:47 AM

I actually enjoyed shakes. This movie looks to be very guilty fun, just not sure how far the premise will hold.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 10:32:41 PM

Yeah.... I just have a hard time doing dark comedies.  Especially this sort that treats murder comically.  Just disturbs me more than anything and makes me feel uncomfortable watching (which is how I felt with that trailer).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 11:22:05 PM

I really liked World's Greatest Dad from Goldthwait, along with his other stuff.  This looks good, and right up my alley too.  
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 07:02:24 AM

Worlds greatest dad was hard to watch, good movie, but man.... wow. Rough.

I love the actors in this film!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 09:24:32 AM

You know, I'm normally the first guy to take a big crap on anything where people are whining about how a film might cause people to behave badly, but I'm not real sure that a movie that's about killing every annoying person in our society is altogether prudent at this highly-armed moment in our history. But it might be a mistake also to leap to conclusions from the trailer.
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 10:18:43 AM

I had that same reaction. Too close to the mark to be all that funny. I guess I am just grumpy.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 06:30:43 PM

I'd like this better if it actually happened in real life and this was a documentary about it.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 02:17:02 AM

Pretty sure those responsible for this have nothing but contempt for the public that will love it.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:36 AM

I saw it and was disappointed.

I actually thought the trailer looked amusing, but the trailer was better than the movie. I just flat didn't care for the main characters. I mean, maybe you're not supposed to, but to have any emotional investment in a movie, there has to be some sort of emotional attachment to SOMEONE, but I didn't get that at all.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:34 AM

It's on Netflix streaming so I just finished watching it.  I didn't realize it was Bobcat Goldthwait was the writer and director. I thought it was a decent movie.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: God Bless America  
Jump to: