Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fallout 4 Post-Release Bullshit 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout 4 Post-Release Bullshit  (Read 246316 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #210 on: September 25, 2015, 02:18:43 AM

The design, or lack thereof, in the enclosed spaces in FO3 was grating. It may be why I didn't finish it. New Vegas on the other hand had too much to fuck about with. I don't remember which DLC did it but something trivialized the game and I forgot what the story was about.

Sunk a shitload of hours into both though, which combined with regret, are the only metrics that really matter.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: September 25, 2015, 02:26:23 AM

Thats true, the 77 hours I sunk into Fallout 3 makes Fallout 4 a day one purchase without thinking twice, but I still played New Vegas three times as long.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #212 on: September 25, 2015, 03:04:02 AM

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are probably the only two games that I have all of the achievements for. I've replayed both of them (including all of the DLC) at least twice. So FO 4 will be a Day 1 purchase for me. Even though - given Bethesda's track record - I probably won't be able to actually play the game until 4 - 6 weeks after release when they've actually fixed most of the most glaring bugs.

I'll still be extremely happy if I never have to play another subway level again.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #213 on: September 25, 2015, 03:13:45 AM

I don't remember which DLC did it but something trivialized the game and I forgot what the story was about.

Both games had one DLC that trivialized the game completely.

In Fallout 3 it was Mothership Zeta that gave you a shitload of alien energy weapons (more than you could carry) while in New Vegas it was Old World Blues that gave you all of the nifty research weapons from Big MOuntain
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: September 25, 2015, 04:46:29 AM

I agree with Jeff big post on the previous page. But I also enjoy fo3 and NV for themselves.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: September 25, 2015, 04:50:52 AM

Thats true, the 77 hours I sunk into Fallout 3 makes Fallout 4 a day one purchase without thinking twice, but I still played New Vegas three times as long.

Totally agree with this statement.  About 33 hrs with FO3 and 158 for NV.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #216 on: September 25, 2015, 06:41:22 AM

I was also about the same ratio. 3 was ok but I liked NV a lot more. And I got my money's worth out of both, so I don't see why I wouldn't hit that well again.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: September 25, 2015, 07:28:27 AM

Honestly, any Fallout game where you can wander around and do a bunch of random bullshit is better than 90% of everything else out there.  As long as they don't totally go away from that formula (and why would they ever?) then count me in.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #218 on: September 25, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

I feel that way about GTA, too. I used to about Civ, but man, Beyond Earth was sketchy.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: September 25, 2015, 04:50:49 PM

Totally agree with this statement.  About 33 hrs with FO3 and 158 for NV.
Jesus,

I have 358 in FO:3 and 411 in FO:NV

*Wait, I just remembered all my hours shit as I leave games running for days at a time on the machine in background.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:54:58 PM by brellium »

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: September 25, 2015, 04:52:18 PM

I just remembered trying another FO:3 run and still running into crap I missed in all those hours.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #221 on: September 26, 2015, 08:06:37 AM

I never know how much time I've put into a game, either, because I always forget to turn them off.  Still, I spent a LOT of time with these two games on several platforms and at different times and always found things I hadn't found before.  It's one of the reasons I like them so much. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #222 on: September 28, 2015, 12:59:17 AM

900 hours in skyrim.
100 hours not even touching the mouse  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: September 28, 2015, 04:45:53 AM

ACK!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #224 on: September 28, 2015, 09:36:17 AM

I'm pretty sure my Steam played records were all wiped some point after Fallout 3, since it and Civ 4 both show zero time played. Even with that reset, my top 5 are:
Civ 5               273
Skyrim             258
Borderlands 2   254
New Vegas        170
Borderlands       149

Yay being old and single?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: September 28, 2015, 09:49:17 AM

The only thing I know about Boston or even Massachusetts is that it is a place that exists and that seems to have some cultural significance for Americans.

The start of iconography is something that's set there. You could have given the same criticism in the 80's as nobody gave a rat's ass about Miami until Miami Vice. The same was true about Portland/ Seattle until the 90s grunge movement. Now you have imagery to go with them.

Also Massachusetts is "famous" for Lovecraft's works in certain circles, particularly among gamers. I hope Bethesda sneaks some kind of easter egg in there about Miskatonic University or something.

Incidently, Fallout 3 was less fun as well. Fuck the "Where is the right Subway Station exit for this area of the sectioned-off city" minigame. That part I just endured because I liked the rest.

I don't know this for sure, but in New Vegas one reason NV was divided up into, if I remember right, at least 4 loading screens (2 for Freeside, 2 for Vegas itself, not counting loading screens for buildings) was because the 360 and PS3 couldn't handle the open spaces. I'd be willing to bet that DC was such a maze for similar reasons, they had to break it up and decided to add the subway tunnels. Hopefully the PS4 and Xbox One are strong enough this won't be as much of an issue. Also, hopefully they heard the negative feedback about those damn subways.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: September 28, 2015, 09:40:31 PM

I'm pretty sure my Steam played records were all wiped some point after Fallout 3, since it and Civ 4 both show zero time played. Even with that reset, my top 5 are:
Civ 5               273
Skyrim             258
Borderlands 2   254
New Vegas        170
Borderlands       149

I've spent 778 hours in Blood Bowl. Even if you take out the idle in background time, it's still...  ACK!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: September 29, 2015, 07:36:26 AM

Civ 5               273
Skyrim             258
Borderlands 2   254
New Vegas        170
Borderlands       149

My Steam hours played for games is pretty reasonable I think - then I decided to look at my GW2 played time  ACK!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #228 on: September 29, 2015, 07:37:42 AM

Yeah, but GW2 and MMOs... it's a different sort of thing, no?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: September 29, 2015, 07:04:34 PM

900 hours in skyrim.
100 hours not even touching the mouse  why so serious?

Wow… what kind of mods do you even run?

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: September 30, 2015, 05:44:00 AM

You don't want to know. Unless you're interested in watching a bear wearing daedric armor fuck a tied-up ghost Nord.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: September 30, 2015, 06:27:17 AM

While pooping.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: September 30, 2015, 08:53:28 AM

I usually reach a point in elder scrolls and fallout games where I just wish to push myself for the finish. Part of the problem is that while I can enjoy some exploration I find that combat grows old. I have one game on steam that barely breaks 100 hours and its only because I did a replay.

My past playing mud and mmorpg's did involve some crazy hours though.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #233 on: September 30, 2015, 04:47:30 PM

I find I have to over level, or in skyrim's case, over craft so that the crappy combat doesn't interfere with my enjoyment.  Being unable to do either in Oblivion is why I resorted to console cheats, I enjoyed the rest of the game that much.

I hope they put a crafting system into fallout.  I don't care that it would make little sense aside from the jury rigging.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: November 05, 2015, 02:57:39 PM

There's an embargo on the embargo!

http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-review-embargo-gets-embargo-1740855250

xzibit.jpg
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #235 on: November 05, 2015, 03:09:25 PM

It's embargoes all the way down!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #236 on: November 05, 2015, 05:23:00 PM

I find I have to over level, or in skyrim's case, over craft so that the crappy combat doesn't interfere with my enjoyment.  Being unable to do either in Oblivion is why I resorted to console cheats, I enjoyed the rest of the game that much.

I hope they put a crafting system into fallout.  I don't care that it would make little sense aside from the jury rigging.

It is quite clear from the perks list that there is some crafting.

I have never played WoW.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #237 on: November 05, 2015, 08:59:34 PM

Fallout 4 - Launch Trailer

- They really don't know how to make an appealing story it seems. All the spoken lines have too much cheese.
- The gun with reflex sight feels really out of place for the Fallout universe.
- Considering this is a game I am really looking forward to the trailer is decidedly meh. Something about the tone feels...off.

Edit:
"This time I am ready, because I know war!"
"There is a cancer, known as the institutes. A malignant growth that needs to be cut before it affects they surface. They are the real enemy"
"Protect the people at a minutes notice and decide our own future!"
"This campaign will be costly, but in the end we will be saving humankind from it's worst enemy"

I think that's it, they went from a resigned "War never changes" to "WAR! Fuck yeah!".
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:22:20 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: November 05, 2015, 10:22:56 PM

I bet if you turn the sound of, the trailer is automatically improved.  Because it looks like the bee's tits.  I don't really care about the cheese, so long as I can get my post-apocalyptic groove on in Bethesda fashion, and that all appears to be intact.  It looks very shiny. 

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #239 on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:15 AM

Greenman has a 20% off code that you can apply to FO4.

SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #240 on: November 06, 2015, 10:09:07 AM

Also works on the Season Pass.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: November 06, 2015, 02:55:34 PM

Anyone found a place that doesn't have the Australia tax and is somewhat reputable?
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: November 06, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

Anyone found a place that doesn't have the Australia tax and is somewhat reputable?

Ozgameshop seems the best place so far, it was $59.99 for the steam key for a while, now its $61.99, don't know why the little hike.

The steam price just kills my will to ever buy another Bethesda game again.  Still not sure if I want to get it yet.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #243 on: November 07, 2015, 02:55:52 AM

Try G2A or Kinguin?

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: November 07, 2015, 05:21:03 AM

Tempted to pick this up at launch, but I think I'll pass. $80 just for the game (let alone the $40 for the season pass) is just too much even if it turns out to be pretty good. Had the ending spoiled (fucking internet.. wasn't even on a gaming website when it happened) and it sounds like, well, Fallout 3 level stupid in terms of the ending quality. I think I'll wait for the first big sale so there's some DLC actually out and the modders have had a crack at the game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fallout 4 Post-Release Bullshit  
Jump to: