Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: SO/DO trading for Supergroup folks; worth the effort? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SO/DO trading for Supergroup folks; worth the effort?  (Read 5624 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: May 21, 2004, 06:00:27 AM

Now that I've started getting DO drops and rewards, I'd really prefer to give ones I can't use to someone who can use them.  Give, not trade.  Yes you can sell them but they sell for such low return compared to their buy cost I'd rather just give em away.  I'd thought perhaps we could start a Enh thread for that purpose, but with only 10 slots to carry em, I;m not sure it's even worth the effort.  But then again, some DO/SO's are hard to find b/c they dont sell them in stores (like a DO accuracy debuff im looking for now).  So, I;m lugging about 3 DO's now I can't use and a Training Enh for Flight speed I dont have a slot for.

So, should be have a Bat Country Swap Meet thread or not worth the effort.

Xilren
PS I think I'm about at the end of the Dr Vahz mission are so I maybe looking for some warm bodies to help me kill cold bodies tonight.  Just finished the "crap I've got the Vahz plague!" mission last night.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 09:22:21 AM

Not a bad idea...maybe have a meeting once a week or so to trade. Ideally we would have a SG base with storage for exactly this sort of thing, but no dice on that quite yet. I JUST got my first DO drop the other night; luckily it was something I could combine and use.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 12:21:56 PM

Actually, not to be completely contradictiory, but I believe that they DO sell DO enhancers for every known skill, they are just really hard to find (ie, only one store in say, Independance port, carries that particular one, and you cant use it before level 22)

On a related note, I think i am going to try a bit of comparison selling.  I am pretty sure that there IS an economy for the enhancers.  I have been carrying around a level 21 Endurance Reducer SO (cant decide where to put it, Got it off of Doc Vahz) and I have noticed that its sell price changes fairly dramaticly in certain stores)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 12:23:24 PM

On a related note, I think i am going to try a bit of comparison selling. I am pretty sure that there IS an economy for the enhancers. I have been carrying around a level 21 Endurance Reducer SO (cant decide where to put it, Got it off of Doc Vahz) and I have noticed that its sell price changes fairly dramaticly in certain stores)

Interesting. Let us know what you find out.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 03:22:01 PM

Unless the enhancement drops slow down significantly, I'm not entirely sure I could hold on to even good ones for a week... or even a few days.  I suppose I could make a couple toss away characters for some of you to use as a mule, for especially good ones.  I'm a fair choice for this as I'm home nearly all the time and check my email often.  I could even leave TS on so you could shout at me where ever I am in the flat.  I do wish we had a bit of storage, though.

I'm so fucking sweet.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 04:02:47 PM

I usually sell mine off immediately, a lvl 17ish DO is worth about 1500-3000 if you sell it to the right store.

However, I'll try to hold onto them if that's what we're up to.  At least anything that isn't part of the power-10 you can buy at that level.

Of course, any Technology ones I find will get immediately assimilated by the Nanite collective.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 08:43:15 AM

Quote from: Signe
I could even leave TS on so you could shout at me where ever I am in the flat.

Might want to rethink that. Nothing like sitting on the couch watching television when you hear from the computer room...

"HEY WOMAN! GET IN THAT KITCHEN AND MAKE ME SOME PIE!"

I just got my first DO "drop" from one of my contacts for finishing a mission. I hope that trend continues.

Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 09:08:05 AM

I really hope that Supergroup Halls of Justass or whatever they will be called will have some kind of storage where you can drop off your DO/SO's and those that need them can browse at their leisure...
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 09:23:01 AM

That was one of the things Statesman said they should have on the beta boards.
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 02:58:44 PM

Quote from: WayAbvPar

Interesting. Let us know what you find out.

From:  http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=503183&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Quote from: That thread there

The trainers in Atlas/Galaxy pay 40% for Training and 25% for DOs and SOs.
The DO and SO stores pay 40% for anything with their origin. 25% for everything else.
The Freedom Corps Special Forces store pays 50% for training enchancements and 25% for all DOs and SOs.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 09:07:01 AM

So it's much more advantageous to sell DO's and SO's to the stores that carry their origin's enhancements, and sounds like selling training enhancements yields the most influence in Atlas and Galaxy. Interesting.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 09:39:53 AM

Ahh, that's some good info. Where's the Special Forces store?
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 09:41:41 AM

Has anyone found a Freedom Corps store in Talos yet?
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 11:36:06 AM

I have. but i cant remember which one it is now.  Good to know that the Special Forces store is the outright best place to sell Trainers

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 12:16:22 PM

I tested this theory out at lunch. I managed to get a bunch of training enhancements and one DO magic/mutation enhancement as a drop at lunch.

I sold the training enchancements in Atlas Park (but didn't compare the price differences), and noted that the DO would have sold there for about 1800. I went to the magic/mutation DO store in Steel Canyon and sold the same enchancement for 3000. That's right about a 40% better return. You should definitely travel a little bit more to sell the enhancements at the proper place.

WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 12:20:15 PM

I managed to get a bunch of training enhancements and one DO magic/mutation enhancement as a drop at lunch.

Where the hell are you getting your food? Is this like a Happy Meal deal? =P

I am so friggin' lazy I destroy some enhancements instead of selling them (if I am on a mission, for instance). I am not sure I will travel out of my way to sell them...depends on how motivated I get.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 12:33:40 PM

You telling me an extra 1200 ain't enough to motivate your flying ass to travel? Slip me that extra 1200 while you're at it. :)

Plus, I make it a habit to sell after almost every mission. I don't get full on enhancements anymore.

Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 12:59:49 PM

I did that myself, I know where the magic, mutant, and tech stores are in Talos, which is why I wanted the Freedom Corps.  With that, and a few short hops, I will be able to rake in a crapload more influence, and since I like selling them rather than just deleting them, it's nice to be able to net an extra chunk of influence for them.  I had an SO that I sold last night, would have gotten 8000 from a store, but when I took it to it's origin store, I sold it for well over 13000...worth the trip everytime in my book.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 05:26:09 AM

I found the Freedom Corp Special Forces store in Talos again.

Easiest way in the world to find it:  If you can see the "New Thebes" map pin on your map of the island (New Thebes is the zone directly to the West of the Zone that the Tram Station is in), click it to set that as waypoint. The F Corp shop is about 50 yards West from the intersection where it drops you. Its pretty much the only one story building on that intersection, and I believe it has a water tower on top of it.

The slightly harder way to find it.  Fly West North-West (so a bit more to the west then NorthWest) from the train station, when you get the notification that you have entered New Thebes, look for one of those mounds of dirt that  takes up a large chunk of a block.  The store is right near the intersection, to the west of the pile of dirt.

Also, since Freedom Corp doesent have a nice raised sign on it like some shops do, you need to be facing NORTH to see the entrance and sign fort the building.

Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 06:47:00 AM

Cool, thanks surf.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 08:14:25 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
I tested this theory out at lunch. I managed to get a bunch of training enhancements and one DO magic/mutation enhancement as a drop at lunch.

I sold the training enchancements in Atlas Park (but didn't compare the price differences), and noted that the DO would have sold there for about 1800. I went to the magic/mutation DO store in Steel Canyon and sold the same enchancement for 3000. That's right about a 40% better return. You should definitely travel a little bit more to sell the enhancements at the proper place.

Yep, thanks to this thread I'm now selling even training enh for a good deal more.  About 10 training enh gives me enought to get a DO for my level, so as a grind to 20 ive stopped deleting them and started store hopping :).

The zone maps are probably the best part of the game guide.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: SO/DO trading for Supergroup folks; worth the effort?  
Jump to: