Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh!  (Read 25077 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: April 09, 2013, 12:52:13 PM

Day 5 overran for reasons that mostly boiled down to GDC and internet bills. No matter, we're all done now and ready to play day 6.

Here are the day 5 results

And here are your day 6 fixtures

The deadline for these games is Friday 19th April. Please make sure that you organise your games nice and early.

Here are the standings after 5 game days

40k:

Looks locked in with the top four, however EricSwiftblade can manage to squeak in past either Megrim or Carnifex. He plays each of them in turn and he must win both plus he needs either Ulysees to not lose vs Carnifex or Lightfax to not lose vs Megrim.

Hail Caesar:

Top 3 look safe but there's a three way fight for 4th with Avaia, Jasper and Gruntle separated by a single point.

Hordes:

Catfud and Teleku can afford to breathe but Luckton Drogg and Brocktoon are still in the fight. Willisterman can manage an upset but he's going to need a lot of help from other results.

Tamurkhan:

I'm in as is Lamaros. Ezrast is in a good position but not entirely out of the woods just yet. r3dknight, Proudft and Ingmar are all very much in contention however.

Stats from BBManager:

Just to remind you all, the top four in each division go through to a playoffs for the championship while the bottom four go through to a failoff. Both of these are 16 player knockout leagues meaning that you will play either 1, 2 or 3 games after the end of the main season. Ties are determined by the following in order:
  • Head-to-head (in the case of three or more way ties, the total points from games vs all teams in the tie are considered)
  • TD difference
  • TDs against
  • The caring hand of Nuffle

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:20:39 PM

Avaia, we meet again.  Weekends are best for me.  Let me know what's best for you.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:21:36 PM

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:23:30 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:38 PM

So drogg's in my other league with me. We play each other in both leagues this week.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

WORST BIRTHDAY EVER FOR YOU, ASSHOLE!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:02:11 PM

Avaia, we meet again.  Weekends are best for me.  Let me know what's best for you.

Friday is belgians and boards, so Saturday or Sunday I guess.  Let me know if you have any time during the week as well, I am usually around.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 02:26:36 PM

So drogg's in my other league with me. We play each other in both leagues this week.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

WORST BIRTHDAY EVER FOR YOU, ASSHOLE!
i'll have to console myself with the corpses of your hapless teams, i guess Get off my lawn!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:32:49 PM

Carnifax,

Might be able to play tomorrow night (GMT), or else I'm away the weekend, but have Monday off work, so that may also be an option.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:02 PM

Just saw the score boards and nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

#1 Best Thrower  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

i'll have to console myself with the corpses of your hapless teams, i guess Get off my lawn!

Go Drogg! (I'm still writing a match report for our game.

Reborne: Tell me about it, Alive not Dead are 2nd...  awesome, for real

Willisterman I'm GMT +9 and am free at night and on Saturday morning and Sunday Let me know!
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 06:00:30 PM

sjofn, when would you like to kill 3 of my players? I'm in EST USA (GMT-5). In order from best to worst, these are my available times:

• Sunday: 11am to 8pm
  • Monday/Tuesday/Thursday: 7am to 10pm
  • Friday: 10am to 4pm
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 06:07:43 PM

Carnifax,

Might be able to play tomorrow night (GMT), or else I'm away the weekend, but have Monday off work, so that may also be an option.
How does 10am (GMT) monday work for you?  I could probably play tomorrow night, but it would be late enough to technically be early the next morning for you :(
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 06:18:45 PM

I essentially have to win both my remaining games to have a shot at the playoffs. Given how things have gone so far, I am not tremendously sanguine about this possibility, but I am ready to crush some rats regardless.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 06:45:14 PM

Hey luckton!

You have committed every crime under the sun. Where your opponents have had the least AV there you have been the most bashy. It was you who began the indiscriminate 2die blocking. We will have no truce or parley with you, or the grisly Nords who work your wicked will. You do your worst - and we will do our best.

having said that - I'm moving house this weekend so my free time will be less than usual.  invite me on Steam and i'll look for you whenever I have a free moment.  GMT+10

*Should be working*
Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:38 PM

Huzzah! Ready to lose again. I'm gunning for last place, dontcha know. Drew, since I'm unemployed, I can easily work around your schedule.
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:03 PM

Llyse, your who's who says you are GMT +9, I'm GMT +1.  I'm away from Thursday afternoon, but I'm on holiday next week, so can easily arrange a match up then, from Monday onwards.  Say something like 8pm your time, lunch time mine.  Let me know.

Craig
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 09:50:05 PM

Llyse, your who's who says you are GMT +9, I'm GMT +1.  I'm away from Thursday afternoon, but I'm on holiday next week, so can easily arrange a match up then, from Monday onwards.  Say something like 8pm your time, lunch time mine.  Let me know.

Craig

That sounds lovely, I'll spend this weekend hungover! Not looking forward to all your inducements...  Heartbreak why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 11:42:15 PM

And..... another tie.  Understone Raiders 1 - Nifty Helmets 1.

The Raiders had a couple shots at it at the end, but double skulls saw one evaporate, and then I foolishly thought I had a turn left and so didn't move anyone into TD range on turn 16.  D'oh!  Also couldn't quite hold off the turn 8 counter TD in the first half.

The Helmets had a shot at it too -- or would have if the Minotaur hadn't gone 4/13 on Wild Animal.  Whew!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 11:43:08 PM

Just saw the score boards and nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

#1 Best Thrower  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Nealtor, my legendary QB, has been injured three times this season, all 3 resulting in a missed game (including this weeks game).  So hes been down at least 50% of the time, plus all the time left in the games he was injured in, depending on how early he was injured in game.  The backup QB Nimrond has had to step in, but I've more or less been forced to play a running game of jamming the ball down my opponents throat this season.  Which has actually worked out ok so far, so I shouldn't complain.  Still, kind of sad not to be anywhere near the top of the passing charts like normal.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 12:23:47 AM

Celer I am UK based so GMT+1 so I reckon Saturday or Sunday will be our best bets to get the game done. I can do anytime Saturday and up until around 4pm GMT+1 on Sunday.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 12:27:42 AM

And..... another tie.  Understone Raiders 1 - Nifty Helmets 1.

The Raiders had a couple shots at it at the end, but double skulls saw one evaporate, and then I foolishly thought I had a turn left and so didn't move anyone into TD range on turn 16.  D'oh!  Also couldn't quite hold off the turn 8 counter TD in the first half.

The Helmets had a shot at it too -- or would have if the Minotaur hadn't gone 4/13 on Wild Animal.  Whew!

As you can see from  the Helmets were out-bashed by the skaven team. Actually they held their own through the first half, Mr. Big (the mino) even chipped in on a turn or three, and they just managed to tie the score at the break. In the second half however the bashy tide was with the rats, as the minotaur refused to perform some blitzes (and ate a reroll) which without his placement allowed the rats to almost kill a goat (the apoth turned it to -av). As chaos went down the goats kept the ball, swinging their cage from side to side behind a tide of rats, then in turn 14 with the cage collapsing and an elfy shot at the goal open before them, the goats tried for it and dropped the ball. In a flash a gutter runner had the ball back to the half line but just too far away for a score so the game ended in a tie.

For those who collect the statistics on wizards, Jasper's fireball downed 1 in a cage of 4 (not the ball carrier though).

The chaos injuries were two -AV ("fractured skull" and "serious concussion" -- so their helmets while nifty seem to be mostly decorative) and the Raiders suffered a niggling injury (damaged back).
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 06:59:13 AM

Perfect outcome!  With the exception of the Ermine, this is one bashy division.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 07:38:46 AM

Celer I am UK based so GMT+1 so I reckon Saturday or Sunday will be our best bets to get the game done. I can do anytime Saturday and up until around 4pm GMT+1 on Sunday.

Agreed, GMT-7 here so let's shoot for Saturday or Sunday.  I'm usually best after 1pm (9pm you) but I can look into juggling my errands around to get an earlier evening for you!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 08:59:06 AM

1-2pm kick off your time would work for me on Saturday so will make sure I am on steam Saturday night then, given the time difference and the fact I probably can't do Sunday night that will be our best window I think.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 11:55:53 AM

Carnifax,

How does 10am (GMT) monday work for you?  I could probably play tomorrow night, but it would be late enough to technically be early the next morning for you :(

Sounds like a plan

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55:24 PM

sjofn, when would you like to kill 3 of my players? I'm in EST USA (GMT-5). In order from best to worst, these are my available times:

If it makes you feel better, odds are good you'll kill one of my werewolves in return! If Sunday is best for you, let's do that. Any of those days/times are good for me, although I'm on the west coast, so I'd rather not 11am EDT, just because I don't wanna get up at 8am on a Sunday. :P

God Save the Horn Players
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 02:11:03 PM

I now have an image of Sjofn and Gort's teams' running about the pitch desperately trying to find something to impale themselves on.

"NO!  I'M MORE INJURED THAN YOU!"

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 03:23:58 PM

Oh, he's definitely more injured than me, I was just trying to make him feel a little less despair. All those Norse in their panties are surely tempting targets for his team, right? The five of them that are left?

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

Missed me by ~2 hours, Iain. I'm normally ready to play around now. Tomorrow is kendo practice, but Friday night or the weekend are clear.

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 07:28:23 PM

If it makes you feel better, odds are good you'll kill one of my werewolves in return! If Sunday is best for you, let's do that. Any of those days/times are good for me, although I'm on the west coast, so I'd rather not 11am EDT, just because I don't wanna get up at 8am on a Sunday. :P

How about Sunday at 3pm EST (noon your time)?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 07:48:57 PM

2-0 HHB over MA's redshirts.  -1 MV on a dwarf, -1..AV? [correction: -1MV Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ] on a bull.  and that's the sure hands hob.  

VENGEANCE IS OURS Mob

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 07:57:12 PM

just to really rub it in - if MA had taken block instead of claw, he would've kept the mino in the game.  mino soaked the apoth on a pow skull and then later went down to my pow skull  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 08:23:21 PM

just to really rub it in - if MA had taken block instead of claw, he would've kept the mino in the game.  mino soaked the apoth on a pow skull and then later went down to my pow skull  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Brutally beautiful. Happy Birthday Drogg  awesome, for real
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 08:44:01 PM

It was raunchy. A really good first half which ended 0-0, though. I just could hang in the face of all those skills and I certainly couldn't outrun the lizards due to being dorfs.

It's a tough pill to swallow, since in league 2 I pulled off an amazing 3-2 comeback win with elves. My CDs are well and truly crippled for a bit.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:48 AM

Missed me by ~2 hours, Iain. I'm normally ready to play around now. Tomorrow is kendo practice, but Friday night or the weekend are clear.

Turns out kendo is canceled tomorrow so I should be free then as well.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 12:15:43 AM

It's a tough pill to swallow, since in league 2 I pulled off an amazing 3-2 comeback win with elves. My CDs are well and truly crippled for a bit.
Oh hey, see you next week buddy!    why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh!  
Jump to: