Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:56:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2251642 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8645 on: February 12, 2014, 01:47:01 PM

Started Shadowrun: Returns.  Despite all of the reading it's making me do, it should be fun.  I really love how light weight this client is.  Loads nearly instantly.

-Rasix
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8646 on: February 12, 2014, 01:52:08 PM

I'm wondering if any of the Workshop content for Shadowrun is any good.  I haven't checked in a few months.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8647 on: February 12, 2014, 09:50:48 PM

Most of the stuff there is incomplete -- modders really love their episodic releases for some reason, so you'll find a kazillion "Chapter 1"s with about 1hr of playtime each. Nightmare Harvest is finished, however, and seems to get good reviews.

e: english is hard
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:19:59 PM by Zetor »

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #8648 on: February 15, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

I finished Jazzpunk, which is fantastic, and have been slowly working my way through the new Avernum remake and Might and Magic X.  However, this evening I decided to give Outlast a shot.  It's free on PSN+ at the moment and I haven't played a horror game since RE4.  I turned off all the lights, slapped on some headphones and cranked the volume.  I don't think I can play this thing, it is fucking terrifying.  The game relies on a lot jump scares, so I'm assuming that will become old hat, but the first couple hours are definitely worth a look.

I'm not sure how fans of horror games/movies will feel about it.  I half suspect that the fact I'm finding it so scary is because I really am easily startled and watch very few horror movies.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #8649 on: February 16, 2014, 03:59:46 AM

How is Might and Magic X?  I love M&M 3-5, but lost interest in the series once they moved away from grid movement and turn based combat.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #8650 on: February 16, 2014, 07:40:13 AM

How is Might and Magic X?  I love M&M 3-5, but lost interest in the series once they moved away from grid movement and turn based combat.

It's grid movement and turn based  why so serious?

It's far from a perfect game but it did scratch my itch for an old school style rpg despite being a flawed game (especially the end of the game and the fact that potions played so large part bothered me).

While I finished it I have no real interest in playing it through again on the harder difficulty even if they make some minor dlcs for it (something major and enough time to get me jonesing for some old school style rpg is another story)
Rasix

Reply #8651 on: February 17, 2014, 08:41:44 AM

The fact that you stay in combat in Shadowrun: Returns until all enemies in the entire map are dead is really starting to get bothersome.  The game, otherwise, is pretty neat and I wish it was a bit less linear/scripted.  Something with Deus Ex like level design and a less point to point experience would be stellar.  Decking seems to be highly underutilized.  And I wish I could respec somehow, as I put a fair amount of points into crap I just don't need/use.

Hearthstone is still amusing.  Finished a quest to get enough for another arena run and hit an achievement I didn't know existed.  Another free 300 gold.  WEEEEE.  

GW2 should be interesting this week with the penultimate chapter of the current living story arch.  Plus, TC is now tier 1.  Hoho.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:50:05 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8652 on: February 17, 2014, 02:32:54 PM

Playing "Divine Divinity", and having a blast: never beat it before in my previous tries, although I purchased it originally when it came out. It's one of the longest games ever if you attempt to do all the sidequests; I probably spent, like, 70 hours or so and I still have to get serious with the main plot (for those who are familiar with the game: getting inside Castle Stormfist). At this rate and being a very slow gamer myself, I'm not entirely sure I'll beat this, Beyond Divinity and the Dragon Knight saga before Original Sin comes out (by the way, still trying out the alpha: it's getting better and better with each iteration!).

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #8653 on: February 17, 2014, 03:15:55 PM

I really like it, but it does have its problems.  It runs like shit, has quite a few bugs, and like sateal said the last few hours aren't that great.  However, if you liked the combat and character progression in M&M 3-5, chances are you'll have fun.  It's no World of Xeen, but I like it a lot more than I ever did 6 through 9.  I actually just finished it this morning.

Tomorrow needs to get here so I can play some god damn EDF 2025.  Add me on psn if you want to blow up giant ants together.  Apparently Ikaruga comes out on steam tomorrow too.  Good stuff.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8654 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:35 PM

Enjoy taking it up in the ass from Uplay.
Still one of the shittiest in game DRM.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8655 on: February 17, 2014, 09:26:26 PM

I bought Farcry 3 during a Steam sale thinking Ubisoft had ditched their DRM.  Imagine how happy I was when I had to install Uplay as well in order to play it, even though I was launching it through Steam.  Yeah, fuck that shit. Ohhhhh, I see.
Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #8656 on: February 17, 2014, 09:32:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  I was actually considering purchasing M&M X, bugs and all, until you reminded me that it has Uplay, even on Steam.  I haven't personally dealt with Uplay, but I've heard a lot of bad things from people who have suffered with it in other games.  I really don't see the point of DRM on Steam games, but who says that game publishers actually think things through.  If I really feel like playing it, I may purchase it and try and circumvent the DRM.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8657 on: February 18, 2014, 07:24:50 AM

Playing "Divine Divinity", and having a blast: never beat it before in my previous tries, although I purchased it originally when it came out. It's one of the longest games ever if you attempt to do all the sidequests; I probably spent, like, 70 hours or so and I still have to get serious with the main plot (for those who are familiar with the game: getting inside Castle Stormfist). At this rate and being a very slow gamer myself, I'm not entirely sure I'll beat this, Beyond Divinity and the Dragon Knight saga before Original Sin comes out (by the way, still trying out the alpha: it's getting better and better with each iteration!).
Divine Divinity was such a great game, especially as it was a complete surprise at the time. One reason I quickly backed the new project is I felt the weakest part was the real-time Diablo style combat, and they're gutting that for the new one and never wanted in the original. Anyway, it's the closest thing to an Ultima since Ultima 8. I might have to dust it off again, though I did beat it the first time through (at some point I think I just powered through the main plot, it is a massive game).

I'm still very exciting with my constant playing of new games. Rocksmith 2014, Landmark, and forgot to lapse my SWTOR sub this month so I'll pop back in when I get tired of building.

Uplay trivia: Rocksmith 2014 initially had an annoying popout browser Uplay experience that was mildly annoying. They patched that out and just integrate through the game. I know to some this is still the height of Nazi power, but it's seamless. But go ahead and commit a felony to play your game instead, that makes sense.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #8658 on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:05 AM

Been sick as hell this week, so finally fired up XCOM and promptly have lost days to it. Body count isn't quite as horrific as I'd expected, though god help you if you're a rookie on my squad. Being a redshirt in Star Trek might have a higher rate of survival.  ZombieSigne
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8659 on: February 18, 2014, 01:46:09 PM

Uplay is more like 'moderate irritant' than how it's been described here, in my experience. It's annoying, but it isn't GFWL bad.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8660 on: February 18, 2014, 02:39:54 PM

Usually it's not. Only when it constantly updates does it bother me. However, I wont' buy any game over $10 off steam that has UPLAY.

If I find out of a game has GFWL I won't buy it at any price. That's the worst one by far.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8661 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

So, I'm pretty close to finishing Final Fantasy Tactics on my iPad, and I'm thinking that I'm going to run through the Baldur's Gate stuff next. So, in light of that:

What classes do you all think people play the least, and which NPCs do people tend to not pick up? The past few games which I've replayed, I've been trying to pick against the grain, so to speak - I know what I'm comfortable with, so I'm trying to go in the other direction.

PS - When did the Poll functionality get removed? Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8662 on: February 18, 2014, 10:43:29 PM

Was going to play the DLC for The Last of Us but I've been trying to reinstall the digital download version of the game (deleted it after I finished because it takes up a good chunk of space) and while it's installing it forces you to download the latest patch which then freezes the install. I did just buy that new Strider game though so I'm looking forward to trying that out after work.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:45:16 PM by Velorath »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8663 on: February 19, 2014, 06:26:41 AM

Stupid Civ V.  I need to play something else now.  That game is why I haven't posted much in the past few days.

Also Borderlands 2.  Since I have a career and my friends do not, I'm only lv69 while they are both lv72, but at least I get copies of everything.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8664 on: February 19, 2014, 06:37:12 AM

I'm currently playing 'advanced MIDI configuration shenanigans' because I try to configure my two stage piano/keyboard setup so that I can use it both stand alone and with my Mac and its sound interface.

With all of the layers/splits and instruments sections the instruments provide and the bad documentation this endeavor proves to be more complex than I initially thought it would be.

The rest of the time is split between Threes! on the iPhone (very, very addicting gameplay) and Rayman Legends on the PS4
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8665 on: February 19, 2014, 06:38:30 AM

Stupid Civ V.  I need to play something else now.  That game is why I haven't posted much in the past few days.

You're such an asshole playing that game on my Steams friend list.

Making me play.  Poor Egypt building all those wonders on the same continent as me.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8666 on: February 19, 2014, 06:43:53 AM

MIDI is the worst thing on the planet.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8667 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:09 AM

I really want to install CIV V but CK2 is re-absorbing me. And Sims 3 demands attention.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8668 on: February 20, 2014, 02:46:18 AM

Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim.  I've done a couple of quest lines that I haven't done before so seeing new content.  Such good stuff. 
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #8669 on: February 20, 2014, 09:05:44 AM

Stupid Civ V.  I need to play something else now.  That game is why I haven't posted much in the past few days.

Also Borderlands 2.  Since I have a career and my friends do not, I'm only lv69 while they are both lv72, but at least I get copies of everything.

That can't be much of a career if it all amounts to 3 lvls in Borderland!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8670 on: February 20, 2014, 09:13:24 AM

That Landmark thing, Wildstar beta and Street Fighter X Tekken on the xbox.  I  Heart fighting games.  They're that word that I can't come up with that sounds like lethargic.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8671 on: February 20, 2014, 10:08:36 AM

Cathartic?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8672 on: February 20, 2014, 11:07:31 AM

That's it!  Thanks.  I hate when that happens.  Last night I couldn't think of safety pin.  I kept calling it "like a diaper pin without the big plastic bits".  No one else could figure out what I was talking about, either.  I would have thought it was obvious.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8673 on: February 20, 2014, 11:45:17 AM

Me too, I had one of those moments recently when I was talking to my friend about baseball and I couldn't remember what the rubber was called. I totally blanked and kept calling it that white thing on the mound.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8674 on: February 20, 2014, 12:01:30 PM

The fact that you stay in combat in Shadowrun: Returns until all enemies in the entire map are dead is really starting to get bothersome.  The game, otherwise, is pretty neat and I wish it was a bit less linear/scripted.

I've finally been getting into Shadowrun Returns and the linear/scripted nature is the only real complaint I have about it. Otherwise, I'm really digging the system. It almost makes me want to crank up the editor.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8675 on: February 20, 2014, 12:05:55 PM

That can't be much of a career if it all amounts to 3 lvls in Borderland!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Those last three are a real bitch.  I had to respec my mechromancer to Anarchy+Deathtrap just to move forward, the Element+Deathtrap build just isn't strong enough for UVH; so many extra Maliwan SMGs now, so few Jacobs shotguns.

But you are right, mostly it's the life-obstacles that live with me.

Steam Cards were added to Shadowgrounds, which I seem to own and also have a save file for.  Weird.  It is idling in the background right now.

I thought I might try some HEX but the patcher is stuck on one file.  The same file for two tries.  Wonk wonk.

Starbound was fixed to not delete my shit and so I played that a little bit.  Got enough fuel to move to another planet and am experiencing a desert planet now.  I can't plat anything in the sand so I'm just hunting and foraging for now.  If the meat stops coming in, I have 1000 dirt from an alien world that I can (probably) create a farm from.  Maybe the microorganisms will kill off the aggressive wildlife!  /jamestkirk

As expected, leveling up jobs in Bravely Default (Demo) takes precedence over fighting boss monsters.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8676 on: February 20, 2014, 01:49:42 PM

Today is patch day in Hex, which might explain why the patcher is being wonky.

I started playing Dota2 with a buddy, and skimmed the thread here for it. ACK! I understood very little of what was said therein, but we still win more than we lose.

With the rest of my gaming time I'm torn; do I keep grinding in Disgaea D2 to kill Baal and get the platinum, or do I start Bravely Default? I know once I do I'll never go back.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

Reply #8677 on: February 20, 2014, 11:10:08 PM

Finished Shadowrun Returns.  That was quite enjoyable, even if I did manage to gimp myself a bit with some of my karma choices.  Still, didn't lose any encounters and only dropped got one guy killed the entire game.  I probably should have played it on a higher difficulty level. I really hope they add some QoL changes for the expansion.  There were some rough edges that could be smoothed out rather easily.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8678 on: February 21, 2014, 08:39:21 AM

You mean like a fucking mini map?  why so serious?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8679 on: February 21, 2014, 08:41:32 AM

The AI in HEX is a lot smarter than last time I played.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: