Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2251628 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #7875 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:04 AM

The entire game of Outlast seems to be the chase scene of CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth. So if you can deal with 2 hours of heart attacks, it looks awesome.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7876 on: September 12, 2013, 10:48:46 AM

The entire game of Outlast seems to be the chase scene of CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth.

That's the part of DCoE I could never get through, and quit playing.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
schild
Administrator

Reply #7877 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:59 AM

I thought that part was one of the single best sort of "scenes" in a game ever. Too bad the rest of the game was nowhere as good as those 3 minutes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7878 on: September 12, 2013, 11:52:39 AM

I thought that part was one of the single best sort of "scenes" in a game ever. Too bad the rest of the game was nowhere as good as those 3 minutes.

Sounds like the gaming industry really does parallel the movie industry.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #7879 on: September 12, 2013, 12:35:08 PM

The entire game of Outlast seems to be the chase scene of CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth. So if you can deal with 2 hours of heart attacks, it looks awesome.

ACK!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7880 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48:01 PM

Anyone playing Killer Is Dead? The press is predictably panning it, but that doesn't mean anything by itself.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7881 on: September 12, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7882 on: September 12, 2013, 01:45:07 PM

Anyone playing Killer Is Dead? The press is predictably panning it, but that doesn't mean anything by itself.
I bought it but have been playing FFXIV exclusively so I haven't done anything aside from checking out the art book.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #7883 on: September 12, 2013, 02:10:14 PM

Sounds like the gaming industry really does parallel the movie industry.
Eh, the horror movie sect of the movie industry, sure. UNFORTUNATELY, gaming typically doesn't parallel the movie industry. Otherwise the money would be going towards mostly smarter projects. Oh, and like 90% of the executives would would be ousted overnight.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7884 on: September 12, 2013, 07:32:35 PM

Also apparently with the shine wearing off a lot of people are saying A Machine for Pigs isn't that great and it's kind of a step back.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #7885 on: September 12, 2013, 07:33:56 PM

Picked up Paranormal. It's pretty well done for an indie thing. I'll play Machine of Pigs this weekend.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #7886 on: September 12, 2013, 11:53:26 PM

Also apparently with the shine wearing off a lot of people are saying A Machine for Pigs isn't that great and it's kind of a step back.

From what I'd been hearing from the devs that seemed likely (they'd wanted to take the series in a "new direction," never a good sign), but I enjoyed the first Amnesia so much and bought it for so cheap I felt like giving them my money anyway.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7887 on: September 13, 2013, 01:02:04 AM

Since I'm full of questions again, is anyone still playing Dragon's Dogma? I'm planning to get the expansion and restart on hard mode.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7888 on: September 13, 2013, 06:39:25 AM

I keep wanting to get back to it but other games are overriding my console time.  Also, I have this issue where I want to get the expansion, but I don't know if it's an expansion or the same game with some added shit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #7889 on: September 13, 2013, 07:08:52 AM

I stopped a few hours into the expansion. 

It felt unfair to me.  Not like Dark Souls, where the game is hard but through practice I learned how to be better.  DD expansion had more just randomness with the fights.  And a lot more upkeep on potions to prevent sleep, stone, poison, etc.  Death appears about 10 minutes into the expansion and one-hit kills any melee. 

I found it to be not fun.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7890 on: September 13, 2013, 08:08:26 AM

I don't know if it's an expansion or the same game with some added shit.

It's mostly an expansion, but they added a few things here and there, like more access to fast travel, which affects the base game.  Nothing monumental.

It really isn't worth replaying for the expansion stuff because it isn't fun.  The base game is still great though, and I'll probably play it a second time pretty soon.  I never got very far into the post-story area, and it looked neat.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7891 on: September 15, 2013, 12:58:19 AM

Spent my evening with Rogue Legacy. It was splendid.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:13:40 AM by Ragnoros »

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #7892 on: September 15, 2013, 01:12:04 AM

Started Hotline Miami which is all kinds of   ACK!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #7893 on: September 15, 2013, 02:16:35 AM

Got Assassin's Creed 3 for free via Playstation Plus (which itself continues to impress the shit out of me).  I have never really played this series other than a brief foray with the original.  Seems kinda cool.

Still playing SWTOR.  I have no idea how, but somehow, without paying, I now also have the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion.  I did not buy it.  I did not do anything at all, in fact.  Suddenly I have this mail with a gift congratulating me on buying the expansion.  I go into my ship and can see the holocomm has a quest symbol over it, so I activate it.  Boom, I am transported to Makeb.  I thought at first it might be some elaborate ploy, but I also looked up my account details, and sure enough it says I am subscribed to the expansion as well.  How the hell does that happen?  Is there some kind of Elder bonus I am not aware of?  Gift horses, and whatnot, but I am curious nonetheless.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7894 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:27 AM

I decided to finish Dead Space 3 so I can delete it and install Tomb Raider. Not done quite yet, but man is this game stupid. Every plot ladder you climb, proverbial or literal, crumbles away from you and you have to take a detour. And it's always some shitty cave with monsters and nothing else. They could've cut half of the gameplay easily, and the game would be miles better.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #7895 on: September 15, 2013, 10:43:41 AM

Still playing SWTOR.  I have no idea how, but somehow, without paying, I now also have the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion. 
I believe they gave it away to all subscribers for free, which might explain that?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #7896 on: September 15, 2013, 11:41:17 AM

Still playing SWTOR.  I have no idea how, but somehow, without paying, I now also have the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion. 
I believe they gave it away to all subscribers for free, which might explain that?

If that is what they did, then yes.  I decided to re-sub for a short period.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #7897 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:12 PM

I'm playing Dishonored. It's kind of alright I guess. I'm mostly playing it out of indecision and not quite wanting to start a new playthrough of Deus Ex.

I installed Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record, which I promptly uninstalled because GFWL.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7898 on: September 15, 2013, 03:14:29 PM

Finished DS3, the ending was every bit as horrible as I was led to believe. As a bonus, there was a Halo-worthy back and forth running of hallways right before the end.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7899 on: September 16, 2013, 06:38:15 AM

Just finished Saints Row 4. It's ridiculous, stupid, juvenile, and utterly fun. Multiple points within the game forced me to hit pause because I was laughing so hard (including two brought on entirely by background music).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #7900 on: September 16, 2013, 07:09:41 AM

I'm half way through Hotline Miami. I'd still not be able to tell you what fascinates me about the game except that I still find it to be  ACK!.

It's fiendishly addictive though. I've spent in excess of a hundred tries on certain parts without once getting frustrated or angry. With each try you only get even more determined to try again it's been the only game since quite some time where I had to physically pry myself away from it or risk going without any sleep at all.

I only have two issues though

1. Some fights are not well crafted/too hard/too annoying. The boss fight vs. the Motorcycle helmet guy for example
2. Random weapons on each try sometimes lead to purposefully dying to get a better/more suitable weapon

It's quite an experience though. Only thing I don't like is the trippy, fragmented, pseudo-serious 'story' that serves as a justification for the ultra-violent imagery. That's a 'but look it's a totally serious and grown up storytelling experience' fig leaf.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7901 on: September 16, 2013, 12:00:42 PM

More Rogue Legacy, during which I was entertained.  I was thinking that I was very awful at the game, but shortly after that I managed to accrue some treasure before dying horribly.  Then proceeded to die horribly some more.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7902 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:05 PM

Card Hunter. Cute little game. I need more tactical games that can be done in small chunks like this.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #7903 on: September 16, 2013, 12:07:36 PM

Beside current games, to scratch my nostalgic itch I'm playing Lands of Lore 1, which I shamefully missed back when it was released. Such a good, funny (and not so easy, especially at the beginning) game. Westwood  Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7904 on: September 16, 2013, 12:27:33 PM

It still holds up well.  I also like dipping into EoTB 2 every now and again.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7905 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Oh, I forgot some things.

I was pressured into downloading the Diablo III demo on 360.  It failed to impress anyone in the room.
I played some more Battleblock Theater, past the Ch 6 trial and only as much Ch7 as I could do given the raging headache that was being fertilized by that nut-punch of a game.  A pool of my own tears and pee-pee, indeed.
Finally, something that I wish wasn't as much fun as it was: Mount Your Friends.  Fortunately, I was playing a copy that someone else purchased and managed to avoid having anyone send messages about my progress to any of my XBL friends.  Unlike the owner.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7906 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:04 PM

So, Tomb Raider. It's a game that shows the potential of a unique open world survival game, but ends up being just another action rollercoaster that everyone's seen a million times. I can't for the life of me understand what goes in the minds of developers and/or publishers.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7907 on: September 16, 2013, 01:04:55 PM

I played a little bit of Rogue Legacy.  I can confirm that I am also terrible at this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7908 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:02 PM

I can't for the life of me understand what goes in the minds of developers and/or publishers.

THAT'S NOT WHAT _________ DID AND IT SOLD A MEEELION COPIES.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7909 on: September 16, 2013, 04:16:18 PM

Grabbed La Mulana, not sure if I love it or hate it.  It's extremely obtuse.  I don't know what the plot is, if there is any, you're just exploring some ruins with a whip and a fedora.  The problem/fun bit is that you have basically no idea what to do at any given time.  You explore the ruins, and they're pretty gigantic, and every time you hit what looks like a dead end, you're never sure if it's because you need to come back later after you've done something else or there's some obtuse puzzle in the room you need to solve or if there's just nothing else to do in that corner of the map.  The game is plastered with cryptic clues and you're never sure which are relevant or where they're relevant or what they mean.  In some ways I like the fact that it's not holding my hand, but I think I'm screwed if I can't figure out something soon, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep trial-and-erroring my way through this thing and a walkthrough seems like a waste.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: