Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread!  (Read 433059 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: November 30, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

I'd join and give the dil but I;d have to transfer 11 chars over  why so serious?

Actually I might join with one char and transfer over the dil to it. I'll see what chars I have free

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: December 01, 2013, 03:20:44 PM

Send a fleet invite to Hirven@Suranis. Thanks!

Hic sunt dracones.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: December 01, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

The starbase looks cool, I especially like the aquarium. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #843 on: December 01, 2013, 05:41:26 PM

We still need to get it up to level three so I can get a fleet defiant.

That said, the Dyson sphere content is good, but so far, not very fulfilling story wise.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: December 01, 2013, 05:46:51 PM

What goal should we be contributing to?  There's a lot there, embassies, etc.

Also, do we schedule for our base to get attacked?  How do base defenses work?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: December 01, 2013, 08:56:40 PM

At the moment, I'm trying to get the Spire online and then the Dilithium mine. However the embassy is close to hitting tier 3. However, that's not official -- that's "Morat was the only guy around with permissions as Rishathra wasn't playing.

Frankly, I just donate the cheap stuff whenever I can (basic supplies, experience, and fleet marks) and only really get picky when it comes to personnel or dilithium.

Turn on the 2012 Christmas decoration sometime -- it's in the center of the starbase, stand on the glass floor and the option pops up.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: December 02, 2013, 05:48:30 PM

Says you're already in a fleet. Possibly Bat Quadrant, although I didn't see you in the roster..
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: December 02, 2013, 06:02:42 PM

Oh, I have to have that char leave the fleet I'm in first? I didn't know that. No problem, I'll do that tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: December 05, 2013, 12:11:59 AM

Ok My char is in and I got the commodities vendor running, but that cleaned my chars out of Dil. Hope it was worth it :)

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: December 05, 2013, 06:50:08 PM

Ok My char is in and I got the commodities vendor running, but that cleaned my chars out of Dil. Hope it was worth it :)
AWesome! I didn't notice yet.

It's a nice place to buy crap for all the reputation grinding at a sizeable discount.
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: December 06, 2013, 04:36:55 AM

I seem to remember last year there is/was a cunning way to use the xmas even to grind Romulan faction through Epohs (or however they are spelt)

Can someone fill in the blanks for me please, I've looked at the Romulan section of the reputation system but don't recall seeing any projects that needed Epohs?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: December 06, 2013, 06:07:27 AM

I seem to remember last year there is/was a cunning way to use the xmas even to grind Romulan faction through Epohs (or however they are spelt)

Can someone fill in the blanks for me please, I've looked at the Romulan section of the reputation system but don't recall seeing any projects that needed Epohs?
You -- previously -- could get Christmas ornaments (redeemable for stuff) and epohh tags from snow piles, but apparently there was too much AFK grinding. So now ornaments are from killing the snowman and the new Gingerbread mission (which bears a shockingly similar layout to the colony mission, although I have yet to figure out how to get the recipe hidden there because the damn queue wasn't working for it) and doff missions and epohh tags only from the foot races.

Which sucks, as I managed something like 2000 romulan marks last year via winter epohhs
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: December 06, 2013, 06:45:38 AM

If the races themselves haven't changed, then they are comically easy, even the pvp one.  You just have to run it a few times to get a feel for it.  A trick I've used that payed off was to always run full speed and just jump going into the corners.  The trick is that when you are in midair, let go of your movement control and you will stick the landing with zero skidding.  Then just pivot and start sprinting again in the new direction.  I would get first or second place every time doing this.  The epohh tags pile up doing this and you will generate plenty of marks.  I quickly reached the point where I made so many tags in a week that I could just coast on them for the rest of the event.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: December 06, 2013, 02:46:54 PM

I may futz with that a little more.

The PvE queue for Winter Invasion is now working. It's basically colony invasion with snowballs. There's a Yeti to kill too. There's some "find the present" thing I haven't figured out (I have opened a few presents and gotten recipes).

Also, Elachi Invasion or whatever it was called got pulled, the fuckers. I liked that one and it was a good, quick, fun source of Dyson Marks.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #854 on: December 06, 2013, 02:50:02 PM

Basicly you did the races to get winter epohh tags, you traded the tags for a juvenile winter epohh, you did special science duty officer lissions to raise the juvinile pet epohh to a mature one, then you sacrificed sold the epohh for rommie marks.

Essentially the same as you can do with the tagging epohh game on New Romulus.

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: December 06, 2013, 06:14:35 PM

Except you can get 2 tags for running a race and more for coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd...and there's four races an hour.

Of course what you get NOW is the same number of marks, but it's a box of random marks. It's 30 or 200 of the same marks, but could by Dyson, Romulan, Omega, Nukara....
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: December 07, 2013, 12:47:53 AM

Um, wow. The solo race this year is INCREDIBLY intolerant of going the slightest bit outside the lines.

I'm skipping this year. No thanks, Cryptic. You bug-fixed all the fun out of this one.

EDIT: And they also ruined my favorite pair of pants going back almost four years. They're batting a solid "0" on this one. :(

EDIT 2: It is sadly telling that they took the time to fix the bugs with the meaningless festival race, but the half-dozen missions that have been non-completable since Legacy of Romulus shipped nine months ago are still unfixed.

You stay classy, Cryptic.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:28:04 AM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #857 on: December 07, 2013, 06:57:14 AM

Which missions are those? Seriously, I cant remember any uncompletable LOR missions.

Hic sunt dracones.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: December 07, 2013, 12:00:31 PM

There are two system patrols in Alpha Centauri bloc that used to work, but you no longer get credit for killing any of the ships. Two of the dailies on Nimbus frequently break and can't be completed. In one case it's that one of randomly-selected locations to use doesn't advance the quest. In the other, the "kill wildlife" mission, the spawns often get stuck "on" so the quest objectives can't be used until the next server reboot, or the spawns turn off 30-60 seconds prematurely. I've reported all of these issues multiple times using the in-game bug reporting tool, and they've been mentioned on the forums as well.

There are some others, but they escape me at the moment - a couple of missions that are simply no longer accessible, and apparently not for any design reason. (The next-highest irritation in my mind is that my fleet's logo bugged out 3-4 months ago, and can no longer be displayed on ships or uniforms.)

The one thing they *did* fix in the last nine months was the obnoxious Nequencia mission in Tau Dewa. If you didn't complete it, the trade items couldn't be discarded. I had one stuck in my inventory for months.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: December 07, 2013, 04:51:49 PM

That outside the lines part only appears to be on one spot (when you're along the edge of the veranda-thingy Q is on) and it's DQ'd me a few times, and pisses me off.

We can't see our Fleet Uniform either, which sucks.

And one of the broken missions is in the Romulan Mystery, it's the one where there's a hidden door in a cave. You never get credit for opening the door. It's been bugged for months, you can't go forward because nothing spawns or acknowledges because it's still waiting for you to open the door you've already passed through.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #860 on: December 07, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

Sounds like those missions are breaking after the fact because that Rom Mystery one used to work fine.

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: December 07, 2013, 06:24:31 PM

Sounds like those missions are breaking after the fact because that Rom Mystery one used to work fine.
It looks like it got rebroken by a patch. Go figure.

I just found out you can buy extra duty officer assignment slots at the embassy. Only three -- first one is 50k fleet credits, second is 75 (didn't get that one yet). and there's apparently a third. Cool.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: December 07, 2013, 06:27:32 PM

Thanks for that tip.  I'm still figuring out the fleet stuff.

Do you spread your Doff missions out or do you focus on one or two types of missions like Diplomacy, etc.
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: December 10, 2013, 05:54:59 AM

Um, wow. The solo race this year is INCREDIBLY intolerant of going the slightest bit outside the lines.

I'm skipping this year. No thanks, Cryptic. You bug-fixed all the fun out of this one.

Oddly I've not noticed any issues with the course of the solo race, I'm able to cut all the corners I've been able to cut for the last 2 years.

The bug I have noticed though is when more than 1 person tries to start the race at the same time - it seems to start for everyone but obviously only 1 person gets put on the track while you are left rooted by the co-ordinator and immediately fail the race and have to go back to the other NPC to restart it!
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: December 10, 2013, 06:05:53 AM

Thanks for that tip.  I'm still figuring out the fleet stuff.

Do you spread your Doff missions out or do you focus on one or two types of missions like Diplomacy, etc.

The best thing to do at first is any mission you have the doffs for, and just fill up the queue with whatever.  Typically, you won't find enough of just one or two types of missions, or you just won't have enough of a specific doff type to run more than a few of the same type, so focusing only on a category or two is actually less efficient.

The colonization chains in the different clusters are useful to seek out, as they give pretty nice doffs at the end of the chain.  Chains in general are good to complete.  If you see one in your list, do it.  Even if it fails you advance the chain.

Once you have a semi-decent roster, some of the best assignments you can do for commendation xp are the ones you get from your department heads.  Look for 20 hour assignments.  They seem to give the best payouts.  Theoretically, if you log in every hour, the short ones give you more over time, but do you really want to log in hourly?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:24 PM

Says you're already in a fleet. Possibly Bat Quadrant, although I didn't see you in the roster..

Was thinking about jumping back in - did Bat Quadrant go away?

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: December 10, 2013, 05:59:23 PM

Was thinking about jumping back in - did Bat Quadrant go away?
We're still here. I'm still feeling out how to handle fleet projects (I screwed up a bit with the Spire, but no big...just split the projects at first instead of concentrating).
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #867 on: December 10, 2013, 06:45:43 PM

I just threw some more fleet marks and Dil at the starbase.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:05 PM

Awesome. I just turned in a Snow Epohh for marks. 200 of ANY mark, your choice. Well worth raising. :)
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:26 AM

Awesome. I just turned in a Snow Epohh for marks. 200 of ANY mark, your choice. Well worth raising. :)

Is this done on New Romulus or something? Havent been able to find it yet
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: December 11, 2013, 05:28:34 AM

If its anything like last year. Q will be hanging around Searth space dock or The first city on quo'nos and will be able to send you to the winder wonderland.

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: December 11, 2013, 05:35:24 AM

If its anything like last year. Q will be hanging around Searth space dock or The first city on quo'nos and will be able to send you to the winder wonderland.
Yeah, Q's hanging out in space dock.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: December 12, 2013, 07:36:04 PM

Just worked out how to set priority on my space weapons auto-fire. That was...helpful. I want the hyper-plasma torpedo launcher to fire first, then the Omega one. I might swap the Omega one to the back, though. I'm only using Torpedo Spread 1 and High Yield Torpedo 1 though..
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #873 on: December 13, 2013, 10:39:12 AM

I should probably figure that out for protracted engagements, but most of the time, my alpha strike is enough that most enemies don't survive a second pass.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #874 on: December 13, 2013, 07:23:39 PM

I should probably figure that out for protracted engagements, but most of the time, my alpha strike is enough that most enemies don't survive a second pass.
Those omega torpedos fire so freaking fast with a purple projectile officer that my plasma torpedos NEVER FIRED. Hence gotta put plasma "first".
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread!  
Jump to: