Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Synapse Task Force- Saturday June 12th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Synapse Task Force- Saturday June 12th  (Read 4406 times)
WayAbvPar

on: June 11, 2004, 09:33:24 AM

Ok kiddies-
I wanna get a TF together and run through the Synapse missions. Thus far, I have a team of 3 -

Rascal King-lvl 19 blaster
Whipcrack- lvl 17 scrapper (or have you leveled recently?)
Nile Princess lvl 16 or 17 controller (defender? I can never remember)

We could use a tanker, a defender, and perhaps another scrapper or blaster. If you have a character levels 16-20 and can commit to a few hours of catassing goodness tomorrow, let me know.

Ideal TF size is 4-6, is that correct? I seem to remember hearing that a full group made it tougher. Not that I am opposed to that; it might be fun.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 09:50:14 AM

I might be around the house tomorrow for a while, my blaster is 17th level (energy/energy). He's not in the SG, but hey. Cosmic Anomaly.

What time were you thinking?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:54:41 AM

I actually hit 18 yesterday, but I'm so mired in debt, I would have hit it a lot earlier. :)

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 10:02:40 AM

Unfortunately I doubt if my scrapper alt (The Dead Tiger) will be 15 by tomorrow - maybe though.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 10:37:13 AM

Quote from: Sky
I might be around the house tomorrow for a while, my blaster is 17th level (energy/energy). He's not in the SG, but hey. Cosmic Anomaly.

What time were you thinking?

I told Haemish around 4 or 5 PDT; I think a bit earlier would be better on second thought. How does like 2 pm PDT work for everyone? We can get it done and still have some fragment of Saturday night open.

Murgos- we can probably SK you if we have room.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 11:09:24 AM

Quote from: WayAbvPar

Characters must meet the minimum level requirement of the TF without being Sidekicked in order to participate.  Sorry
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 11:16:08 AM

That works for me.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 11:20:56 AM

I'm out of town this weekend so Burning Cold is out. If you waited until Sunday evening I might be able to make it, but Saturday is out.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 11:22:41 AM

My level 19 empathy defender is available: PDT is GMT-8?  So that would be 11pm for me, which is fine.
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 12:13:12 PM

Quote from: Lanei

Characters must meet the minimum level requirement of the TF without being Sidekicked in order to participate.  Sorry

Doh! Forgot about that.

PDT is GMT-7 (PST is -8, so you are right for the majority of the year), so you can save an hour of sleep!

I will spam the /sg channel around 2 or so; I am sure it will take a bit to get organized.

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 12:20:51 PM

I've a 20th Scrapper and a 17th Controller who could pitch in.

Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 01:26:22 AM

PDT is GMT-7 (PST is -8, so you are right for the majority of the year), so you can save an hour of sleep!

No, we're on daylight time too, so the difference is still 9 hours.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 09:37:13 AM

Update- Task Force Cyclone successfully defeated the Clockwork King, and there was rejoicing throughout Paragon City. Our hardy group of superheroes was the following-

Whipcrack (Haemish)
Carnaval (Alrindel- a champ for staying up all freaking night with us)
Cosmic Anomaly (Sky)
Nile Princess (my old roomie TJ)
THEODEN (a pickup tank who flaked halfway through; we did fine without him)
Rascal King (the fearless leader! =p )

Once we got started, it wasn't terribly long- 4-5 hours. I got sick to fucking death of fighting clockworks on the same goddamned map (the first three missions were all the same). Made almost an entire level, however, picked up a few DOs and a pair of SOs, AND it was damned fun, so it was worthwhile.

Thanks to all ya'll that were able to help out- let's try it again in about 5 levels!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 10:00:11 AM

The Synapse mission was defnitely repetitive, much more so than the Positron one. Perhaps it was just that the villains were all clockworks as opposed to the 3 villain groups of the Positron TF, but I don't think so. If we ran into a group, we knew by about the 3rd mission that it would have about 5-6 minions, and 2 bosses every single time.

I managed to get a full level, bunch of DO's and an SO I can't use for another level out of it, and had a blast.

Not sure what that tank's deal was; he seemed like a youngun whose mom made him turn off the puter.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 11:08:22 AM

Funny thing was we kept right on mowing when the tank left. Take that, EQ. Definite respect for Alrindel, who's healing made it possible for us. I died a couple times, but I expect to as I'm usually the lowbie, and a blaster to boot. I don't die solo, but I usually do in groups, seeing as everyone is higher level than me.

I got almost a level and a half, a few DO's (mostly given away because they were wrong origin) and the SO drop at the end (which I can't use for a couple levels).

Holy energy blasting, though.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 11:46:43 AM

Mad props to Alrindel as Carnaval. I rarely go through tough missions in groups and not die at least once. His healing made sure the only deaths I took were during the first fight with the Clockwork King. Being a scrapper, I can take it a bit better than the blasters. I think Sky died once or twice when every single mob shot him at once (total gangrape), and if/when that happened to me, I had a little more soak room. Of course, Sky was 17 as well, and most of the mobs were 19-20.

I cannot emphasize how much having a good defender around help my survivability.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Synapse Task Force- Saturday June 12th  
Jump to: