Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 492742 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1540 on: January 15, 2015, 10:13:11 AM

It really is.  I went in knowing that crafting was broken so I'm not too mad.  It's actually funny because gem sockets on gear seems quite rare.  I haven't found a single one yet (haven't done any group content though).

So JC is nerfed.  Inscription is nerfed though this could have been done with MoP.

Why do you want to craft anyway, don't you want to LFR with leet doods that stand in fire and cuss you out for letting them die?  Because that never gets old.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1541 on: January 15, 2015, 11:48:56 AM

JC is in a terrible state.  I thought about dumping it and picking a new profession, but realized quickly there's no real point to any of them now. 

More than ever before this is Clicking On Things: The Game.  I had a day last week where I logged in and did all my garrison chores, then logged off.  It's more like Farmville than ever before. 

Such a shame because I enjoyed the leveling content this time around.  I really liked seeing the references to the BC expansion, even if the story was goofy.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1542 on: January 15, 2015, 12:09:51 PM

I'd still suggest picking up whatever profession makes gear for your class. The WoD crafted epics are easy to make and you can still sell the crafted epic "upgrade kits" for a nice amount of gold if you'd rather just get your gear from somewhere else (dungeons, LFR, world bosses, raids, whatever).

That said, set your expectations low. Crafting is still far less useful than any previous expansion, by a wide gulf.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1543 on: January 15, 2015, 04:23:30 PM

JC is in a terrible state.  I thought about dumping it and picking a new profession, but realized quickly there's no real point to any of them now. 

False. Engineering is in the BEST STATE EVER.  Because it's best stuff still remains engineer-only.  i.e. Jeeves, The Mailbox, rez-Device, Tinkers and Teleporters.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I've thought about tossing engineering on all my characters just for the unlimited gliders. You wouldn't think they're any good but they save time more than I'd have expected in  Nagrand, Spires and SMV.  (Although, Aveina's feather from the Inn is even better)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1544 on: January 16, 2015, 02:12:54 PM

Blizzard will be introducing "Veteran Mode"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700254621?page=3#44

You basically have all the same restrictions as the starter edition, except you can join a guild with one of your sub-level 20 characters if you already have a character in that guild. I guess it is a way to have people come back and test the waters and still be able to talk to their old guildmates.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1545 on: January 16, 2015, 02:28:14 PM

So it's F2P limited.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1546 on: January 16, 2015, 05:29:38 PM

I don't see what the point is if the level cap is still in place. You can't even login your post-20 characters.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1547 on: January 16, 2015, 06:44:04 PM

It's not really f2p to 100.  It's f2p up to level 20 if you have a lapsed subscription.  This lets previous subbers play, and even join their guild, up to 20.  Before, only new accounts could free play to 20.

Now what good being capped at 20 does I have no idea.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1548 on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:34 PM

It's not really f2p to 100.  It's f2p up to level 20 if you have a lapsed subscription.  This lets previous subbers play, and even join their guild, up to 20.  Before, only new accounts could free play to 20.

Now what good being capped at 20 does I have no idea.

Well, level 20 characters can't fly anywhere, so it will get them primed for future expansions  Beating a Dead Horse

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1549 on: January 17, 2015, 08:46:16 AM

I'm sure. I just grabbed more elite riverbeasts yesterday. In fact, a druid came up and laid another trap on top of my two, so we got 3 off one elite.

It's nice, because as a disc priest, each elite takes some time to get to half health.

This has been changed in the last patch. Mobs are now tapped. One can only get one trapped per elite beast now.

But the good part of this is that if you are in a group, each person in the group gets a trapped from one trap being laid.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1550 on: January 17, 2015, 10:25:22 PM

Weird, I double trapped 3 days ago. 2 traps down and 2 caged beasts on elite mobs

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1551 on: January 18, 2015, 06:43:55 AM

I know it still works for regular mobs, but last time i tried that it only gave me 1 cage even though both traps triggered.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1552 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:40 PM

Bah.  I hit the wall.  Got most of my garrison to lvl 3, hit lvl 100, finished all zones up to Nagrand and just stopped.  I was kinda getting back into PvP, but the past few days Ashran was 20+minute waits and I just have better things to do with my time.  I did have fun for about 2 months though.  Definitely got my money out of this expac, much more so than Pandaria. 
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1553 on: January 22, 2015, 10:55:43 AM

I'm hitting the wall soon. I can't figure out how to play my warlock in a way that makes me happy. My disc priest is ok but I don't always like healing. I wish I had a good fun dps to play through. Ret Pally isn't doing it for me either.

What's fun and OP? Druids or DKs, judging from numbers showing up, or did they get nerfed since launch of WoD?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1554 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01:15 AM

Druids haven't been nerfed yet, but I can't stand the playstyle of moonkin. DK tanks were uber and DPS is more fun now than it was but I'm not sure how they stack up.

I'm enjoying my hunter as they were uber at the start. They've scaled back with some of the stat adjusts but were still fun, however it looks like Survival will overtake Marks again so fuck that.  I can't stand Survival playstyle.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1555 on: January 24, 2015, 03:16:09 PM

The one time I tried to play my hunter, I failed miserably, since I am so conditioned to stand still to do anything, and hunters don't do that anymore.

Old dog, new tricks, etc.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1556 on: January 24, 2015, 04:48:38 PM

I'm the opposite; I was main puller in MC/BWL and was working through Rhok quest almost exactly 10 years ago.  I did very little standing still as a hunter.  The class just never felt right again after we switched to using focus. 

It's still my 'main', but I don't have near the connection to the class as I did in the first 2-3 years after launch.

Old dog, new tricks, etc.

Exactly.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1557 on: January 24, 2015, 04:52:40 PM

Druids haven't been nerfed yet, but I can't stand the playstyle of moonkin. DK tanks were uber and DPS is more fun now than it was but I'm not sure how they stack up.

I'm enjoying my hunter as they were uber at the start. They've scaled back with some of the stat adjusts but were still fun, however it looks like Survival will overtake Marks again so fuck that.  I can't stand Survival playstyle.

I totally agree with you with moonkin.  Feral is pretty fun, but my druid is on the shelf now because of the dumb eclipse gameplay.  Just don't like it.  However, I love Hunter Survival, that's my main toon's spec.  Marks just doesn't feel as fun.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1558 on: January 24, 2015, 05:02:33 PM

I'm the opposite; I was main puller in MC/BWL and was working through Rhok quest almost exactly 10 years ago.  I did very little standing still as a hunter.  The class just never felt right again after we switched to using focus. 

But you had to stand still to shoot. Then move. Then stand still again to shoot.

Now you can move while you shoot. It's really different.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1559 on: January 24, 2015, 05:30:41 PM

Rhoc taught me to stutter step... and to swear at griefers. That had to one of the most frustrating yet rewarding quests in the game... then they nerfed the timers.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1560 on: January 24, 2015, 11:17:32 PM

Go marksman and spec Focusing Shot, then you can stand still all the time! awesome, for real

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1561 on: January 24, 2015, 11:25:50 PM

I totally agree with you with moonkin.  Feral is pretty fun, but my druid is on the shelf now because of the dumb eclipse gameplay.  Just don't like it.  However, I love Hunter Survival, that's my main toon's spec.  Marks just doesn't feel as fun.
Having played my alt hunter almost exclusively as Beast Mastery for the last several years, survival just seems "odd" to me.  Having no DPS cooldowns so to speak of for one takes some getting used to.  Also cant decide if i should do Lone Wolf or Exotic Munitions.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1562 on: January 24, 2015, 11:41:49 PM

I play surv too; typically go with Lone Wolf in pve (ability to choose my own buff, pet not screwing things up, but I can still summon a pet for bloodlust or brez if I need) and Exotic Munitions in pvp (permasnare on autoshots? yes plz) Focusing Shot is actually supposed to be the best pve dps option, but I hate giving up my mobility for better focus generation.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1563 on: January 25, 2015, 09:54:32 AM

I like Lone Wolf because it's good both in pve and in instances where you might not want your pet out.

Before Cata, I levelled with Marks, but now I'm all Survival.  I think I'll switch my alt hunter to BM and check it out, havent' since the revamp.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1564 on: January 25, 2015, 11:40:14 PM

I play surv too; typically go with Lone Wolf in pve (ability to choose my own buff, pet not screwing things up, but I can still summon a pet for bloodlust or brez if I need) and Exotic Munitions in pvp (permasnare on autoshots? yes plz) Focusing Shot is actually supposed to be the best pve dps option, but I hate giving up my mobility for better focus generation.
Wait, you can get the Battle Rez / Bloodlust on non exotic pets? 

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1565 on: January 26, 2015, 02:56:48 PM

I'd still suggest picking up whatever profession makes gear for your class. The WoD crafted epics are easy to make and you can still sell the crafted epic "upgrade kits" for a nice amount of gold if you'd rather just get your gear from somewhere else (dungeons, LFR, world bosses, raids, whatever).

That said, set your expectations low. Crafting is still far less useful than any previous expansion, by a wide gulf.

I have been liking my leather working quit a bit as well as black smithing. My main characters are warrior/paladin/monk/shaman/druid so between those two professions I have been twinking the shit out of alts. It is really hilarious having a level 91 alt with level 630+ weapons and a couple armor pieces. It makes leveling them super fast and easy and then provided you get enough blood you can upgrade them to raiding quality. My main is my druid and I am still using two pieces of my crafting gear because I have shitty luck getting good pants/cloaks in the raids so far. All in all I got WAY more actual use out of my tradskill stuff in WoD than I did in the last couple expansions.

Some professions are in a weird place. jewel crafting is in a bad spot simply because there are so few gem slots available it just seems questionably worth having I tend to just buy the stuff off the AH. Alchemy is in a really weird spot at the moment as well but it seems to be getting appropriate amounts of love in 6.1 making the trinket not a total waste of inventory space and giving them transmutes back.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1566 on: January 26, 2015, 03:48:28 PM

I think people are hating on the crafting for reasons other than the usefulness. Most seem to have focused their hate in that direction because it's "useless" to have the profession. Therefore the items are "useless." That's wrong, as you point out they're incredibly useful as you can twink a L91 in endgame gear.

It makes no sense to have the profs other than for the material CDs, however, and that's also what has people yelling "CRAFTING GOT FUCKED. "  There's equity now, you can make whatever you want without having to go the expensive 'level up an alternate' route or paying for some jackass to rip you off on the aution house. (Which a lot of raiders and +hours players did to make money.) So those people are pissed their revenue stream is gone. They can't even sell materials to the chumps trying to level alts or catch-up 2-3 expansions. (I used to make a killing on enchanting mats, now I can't sell them for shit so I just vendor old greens instead of DEing them.)

In short, the people who are pissed and vocal about it aren't the ones that should be listened to.

Also, since we're on the crafting topic: Savage bloods aren't the cock-block people say they are. I have 20 sitting in my bank unused and I don't farm shit through my barn enough to get them regularly. I'm seeing 2-3 bloods per 10 elite animals. Combined with the primal drops you're getting a lot of bloods and are only going to get more when 6.1 drops and your follower gives a bonus. 

Inside of a month people will be bitching they have too many savage bloods and the 'bottom dropped out' because "Blizzard fucked up, AGAIN." Just like they've been bitching about the armor scraps being too plentiful now that the drop rate was increased. "WTF am I supposed to do with these?! Stop giving them to me, I just destroy them." (protip: you can sell the L2 costume pieces for gold, so if you're destroying scraps you're doing it wrong.")

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1567 on: January 26, 2015, 05:32:28 PM

Wait, you can get the Battle Rez / Bloodlust on non exotic pets? 

Yes. There's still a couple advantages to exotics, such as "I have a freaking core hound for a pet", and I think the Worm pet can stack two buffs of something.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1568 on: January 26, 2015, 09:56:48 PM

I don't like that the hexweave/taladite crystal etc are soulbound. If I have, say, 100 taladite crystals but I need 150 I can't just go and buy 50 more off the AH to make up the difference. I have to wait until my cooldowns are up, or buy the finished product off the AH for a mountain of gold. I'm sure there's some kind of good reason for it but I personally think it's stupid.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1569 on: January 27, 2015, 03:35:06 AM

You can also  trade the Primal Spirit things for them.    And at least with the next patch you will be able to force rush Work Orders.  But yeah, it did kind of strike me as odd that all the "big" tradeskills special mats are soulbound, but Alchemy / Encchanting are not.   I have like 4 of my alts doing nothing but funneling crystals to my enchanter non stop.   Meanwhile I get to RAGE at whoever thought it would be a smart idea to have Blingtron 5k gift boxes drop souldbound crafting mats, as I now have a tidy collection of bits and pieces of cloth / engineering thingies on 4 different toons who cant use them...

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1570 on: January 29, 2015, 02:18:37 AM

So sad.  This expansion is so anemic once you figure out the garrison and followers are shit.

I'm now addicted to Pets.  I am pretty much paying a sub to play Pokémon.

This is retarded.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1571 on: January 29, 2015, 08:14:47 AM

So sad.  This expansion is so anemic once you figure out the garrison and followers are shit.

I realized the other day that I spent the first of my two months leveling an alt, so I really only got about a month's worth of content.  I'm not really into repeating content, so once I've run a few dungeons I'm out.  I'm still happy with the zone quest experiences, but it really is anemic.  A month of fresh content every two years?  :/
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1572 on: January 29, 2015, 08:28:21 AM

I realized the other day that I spent the first of my two months leveling an alt, so I really only got about a month's worth of content.  I'm not really into repeating content, so once I've run a few dungeons I'm out.  I'm still happy with the zone quest experiences, but it really is anemic.  A month of fresh content every two years?  :/

To be fair they will probably have more solo-friendly content in upcoming patches. But yeah if you don't like raiding you aren't going to get a ton of mileage out of WoW anymore.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1573 on: January 29, 2015, 08:29:40 AM

Hate to break it to you, but we were bitching about the anemic lineup of content on the first few pages of the thread. Not to mention the gap. That's been the running complaint, and it's basically still true.

Blizzard is blowing it with this game/expansion. I keep telling people investing in ATVI that their pipeline is crap and WoW's short Q4 boost is going to deflate by Q1, but they don't listen.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1574 on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:31 AM

It's been the same story every expansion. They really only have ~1 month of content unless you want to get into raiding (which this expansion so far has also under-delivered on, in terms of number of encounters and raid zones for a first tier).

The expansion had better leveling content, good exploration incentives, introduced new characters that were for likeable for once, and a nice minigame in the form of Garrisons. I'd rate the non-raid content, professions aside, higher than any previous expansion but it still won't last you long.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: