Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: [3.1] Ulduar Preview - NOW WITH PATCH NOTES 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [3.1] Ulduar Preview - NOW WITH PATCH NOTES  (Read 104353 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52:33 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what it services except mages who were making money selling portals. It's the kind of change where I'd really like a designer to pop out from behind the curtain and say, "This is why we think we need to change this, because Bad Thing X will happen or is already happening as a result of this practice spreading in some fashion."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: February 24, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

I'm guessing it has something to do with BG queuing from anywhere in the world.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: February 24, 2009, 02:22:22 PM

Apparently the dual talent option will now open up at 40.  No word if the cost is still 1k gold or if it scales up.  No lexicon needed, just a 5 second cast time.

I doubt I'll be so lucky, but I really, really want to be able to switch between Feral and Moonkin.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #108 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:26 PM

Wow two totally and completely different sets of equipment.  You hate your bank space, don't you?  Such a girl.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

(And now I have to confess to keeping 3 sets on my pally.)

I'm guessing it has something to do with BG queuing from anywhere in the world.

Yes.  They didn't build the game from the ground-up with this in mind like WAR, so they have to ghetto it in. That means respawns at GYs after BGs.

Damn char copy queue has been full since I heard it was open. I wont get to check the PTR until next month, it seems.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:47:49 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 24, 2009, 02:47:21 PM

Wow two totally and completely different sets of equipment.  You hate your bank space, don't you?  Such a girl.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Amateur. My druid is working on 2x20 slotters of PvE gear - 4 sets. I'm eye-ing the Overcast set for PvP >>and<< nice Resto/Boomkin overlap gear.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #110 on: February 24, 2009, 02:55:38 PM

I'm still not entirely sure what it is that you do in the game.

I'm just doing battlegrounds and dailies until I get bored and quit. Everything else kinda sucks.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: February 24, 2009, 03:11:45 PM

It's the kind of change where I'd really like a designer to pop out from behind the curtain and say, "This is why we think we need to change this, because Bad Thing X will happen or is already happening as a result of this practice spreading in some fashion."
My guess is that ghetto hearthing was part of the cause of instance servers getting overloaded and refusing to launch new instances.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 24, 2009, 03:12:53 PM

My guess is that ghetto hearthing was part of the cause of instance servers getting overloaded and refusing to launch new instances.

I wouldn't say it's the sole cause, but I bet it didn't make it any better.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: February 24, 2009, 03:15:07 PM

My 80 priest is now on the PTR, EU-Brill. I'll see if I can check stuff out for people.

If anyone else is there the name is now "Wobble"

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: February 24, 2009, 03:54:18 PM

Ha ha, that's nothing.

My old 61 feral druid has a full set of casting gear, including rings, in case I was ever needed for healing.  (I was once I think; Iusually solo.)  Along with about six matching outfits plus another couple dozen "Oooh, this looks cool and I'll never be able to replace it.  I wonder if I can find a skirt/shirt/boots/gloves/belt to go with it?" pieces of clothing.

One of my long time requests is for a wardrobe option that lets you save "useless" gear and recall it later.  I think being able to collect full outfits for turn-ins and later retreival would be very well received.  Gotta put an Achiever spin on anything social or exploratory to get it considered unfortunately.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: February 24, 2009, 04:12:19 PM

I've been playing around with the gear manager between crashes, it's really well done. It uses an interface similar to the macro design interface where you pick a name and an icon for the set, then this is saved with what you have on at the time. It's got a few bugs (seemed to have problems swapping rings, trinkets and offhands correctly) but otherwise is really neat. Instant-swap, and you have 10 or 12 slots to store configurations.

I also tried dual spec (prior to crashing and loosing the 1K gold I spent on it ...). In combination with the option that lets you preview talents before saving it's really good. The preview talent option has the added benefit that there's no 1s latency between clicks, so you can fill up the talents you know you want much faster. Dual spec has a 5s cast on it and it reduces your mana (and presumably energy, focus, rage, RP, runes etc) to zer when you cast. Currently you can cast it anywhere. You automatically learn any talent based spells you have already trained when you switch. I'm not sure about the action bars since my bars are rather fubared at the moment.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: February 24, 2009, 06:10:25 PM

Well, Affliction has been gutted, for the most part.  How do you remove a spell and not give any compensation?  Oh right, Eradication gives 30% more crit to Shadowbolts!  Why not just replace all the talents in Affliction with Improved Shadowbolt?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #117 on: February 24, 2009, 06:53:34 PM

The aura alterations are cute until you hit Unholy, at which point WHAT THE FUCK? You're letting it reduce rune cooldown? WHAT? Inc every deathknight being unholy again.

I will rant about my woe as a tanking DK later, but yeah, I was like, "Oh, that's a nice change to blood's aura. Oh, I like the frost one too, what a nice little ... what the FUCK, unholy?"

They're working hard trying to make Unholy a viable presence.

Wat?  Every DK I've ever seen on my server outside of my own is already Unholy.

What, you never saw me? :(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:55:57 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: February 24, 2009, 07:14:28 PM

What, you never saw me? :(

Actually no, I've yet to see your DK.  You never hang out with us noobs.  Heartbreak

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: February 24, 2009, 07:17:14 PM

Not everyone can be as benevolent as myself.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #120 on: February 24, 2009, 08:14:22 PM

You are totally lying, Nevermore! WHO HELPED YOU GET THOSE ROSES IN UTGARD KEEP, HMMMMM?

It's because I don't have a penis, isn't it. :(

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: February 25, 2009, 06:15:58 AM

You are totally lying, Nevermore! WHO HELPED YOU GET THOSE ROSES IN UTGARD KEEP, HMMMMM?

It's because I don't have a penis, isn't it. :(

You were there for that?  I think I warned you all I'd been drinking that night.

Over and out.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #122 on: February 25, 2009, 06:37:48 AM

The lof of you is comprised of elitist jerks who won't mingle with us powerlevelers  awesome, for real

That emo gnome was cool, tho. Sam or something.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:43 AM

Hey, I've mingled! Like, TWICE!

But I'm totally an elitist jerk.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: February 25, 2009, 07:29:46 AM

Sam/Zam... it's all the same to you.

Heartbreak

beer geek.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: February 25, 2009, 07:33:47 AM

Ok, what the heck is ghetto hearthing ?

Because I've had this 'cannot launch an instance shit' for a while and it's fucking annoying.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 25, 2009, 07:38:46 AM

Ok, what the heck is ghetto hearthing ?

Because I've had this 'cannot launch an instance shit' for a while and it's fucking annoying.

Right now, if you are in an instance you're not supposed to be, you'll be ported back to your bindspot. on the PTR, it takes you to the nearest graveyard.

beer geek.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #127 on: February 25, 2009, 07:39:25 AM

Heartbreak

Like I said, emo.

Ghetto hearthing is used by those who have hearthstone on CD and need to hearth. It is exploited by making somebody else leader of a group and joining an instance then dropping group which will force the use of your hearthstone.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #128 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:27 AM

Which begs the next question: Why not just reduce the CD on the damn things already.  Shaman get 5 hearths in an hour, why can't the rest of us be as fortunate?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: February 25, 2009, 09:36:19 AM

Which begs the next question: Why not just reduce the CD on the damn things already.  Shaman get 5 hearths in an hour, why can't the rest of us be as fortunate?

They sorta do already, with the special Dalaran rings.

You want luxury? Pay up fuckers!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 25, 2009, 10:45:51 AM

Not having a special hearth sucks.

The DK hearth being back to bumblefuck is also lame.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:30 AM

Go level up an engineer and hearth to Everlook ( or blow yourself up)!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 25, 2009, 11:30:51 AM

Heart my Moonglade port!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: February 25, 2009, 11:33:49 AM

Sam/Zam... it's all the same to you.
Hi Zam!  Heart

Heart my Moonglade port!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
I do, too.  I always miss it on my non-druidically inclined characters.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: February 25, 2009, 11:38:32 AM

It's a lot less awesome on my Tauren druid I find.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #135 on: February 25, 2009, 11:40:42 AM

It's a lot less awesome on my Tauren druid I find.

Yeah it takes forever to fly to anywhere with an AH for a Horde type from Moonglade.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #136 on: February 25, 2009, 11:53:59 AM

Not having a special hearth sucks.

The DK hearth being back to bumblefuck is also lame.

I like that port, you shut up.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #137 on: February 25, 2009, 11:56:01 AM

It's got to be a short flight to Undercity for Horde.  I can see the Alliance complaining about that 6 min flight to IF, but I just afk or tab-out and read forums. Win-win!

Still, I'd rather have astral recall so I can wind-up where *I* want to, not my class' home base.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #138 on: February 25, 2009, 12:32:15 PM

Well yes, astral recall is much better, but there are definitely worse places for me to have a port to than Plagueland. I like porting there way better than the stupid Moonglade. :P

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: February 25, 2009, 12:39:40 PM

And I bet the grapes there are sour, too!  Raspberry

Over and out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: [3.1] Ulduar Preview - NOW WITH PATCH NOTES  
Jump to: