Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2136879 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8750 on: August 03, 2011, 04:11:11 AM

Why would anyone want to rush to level in SWTOR? Not that I'm discouraging it mind you. The faster the "I'm in too much of a hurry to even read the quest text" crowd loses interest and quits the better.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8751 on: August 03, 2011, 04:27:38 AM

Heh, don't tell me: I would love to see an option (just an option, of course) to disable both combat experience and rested xp, but to each its own.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8752 on: August 03, 2011, 05:20:25 AM

I don't know about at launch.  I don't imagine there will be a lot of 'extra' stuff to explore right away.  After a few expansions though?  Certainly.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #8753 on: August 03, 2011, 05:27:16 AM

Missing out content isn't necessarily a bad thing, you can then have a fresh experience with an alt.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8754 on: August 03, 2011, 06:35:18 AM

Some people like to do it all on their main.

That was one of the huge debate points with Emmert on CoH.  He insisted people need to see that extra content on their alts to enjoy it.  Having enough content for several characters is important, but whether they see it with one or two isn't, as it's entirely dependent upon the person.

As stories are class-based, I'm not interested in running through with a second character of the same profession.  I am interested in taking my time to explore every nook and cranny they can throw at me.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8755 on: August 03, 2011, 06:57:13 AM

Why would anyone want to rush to level in SWTOR? Not that I'm discouraging it mind you. The faster the "I'm in too much of a hurry to even read the quest text" crowd loses interest and quits the better.

Its just the mentality MMO developers have created in the past.  The players have come to assume that this is the way to play.  Yes, not EVERYONE.  My point is that among my more casual friends who maybe played WoW but don't really think about game design or in fact ever really think about games very much at all except when they actually play them, SWTOR is just Star Wars WoW to them.  They want to collect loot because its STAR WARS loot.  They want to slice and dice shit with a light saber or set things on fire with a bounty hunter.  They aren't concerned about uncovering the subtle parts of the galactic civil war because they've been trained not to care about that stuff in an MMO.

I think Bioware is going to have a tough time with that mentality.   I don't want to play TOR that way, especially not when Diablo 3 is around the corner for all my loot collecting needs, but its easy for me to see why people see TOR and don't really care too much about the story or the leveling, etc.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8756 on: August 03, 2011, 07:00:29 AM

I'm sure at least 1/3 of all TOR complaints from the get-go will be "WHY CAN'T WE SKIP THE CUTSCENES?!  OMG I'M CANCELLING!"

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8757 on: August 03, 2011, 07:06:34 AM

I'm sure at least 1/3 of all TOR complaints from the get-go will be "WHY CAN'T WE SKIP THE CUTSCENES?!  OMG I'M CANCELLING!"

If I have an hour to play, I don't want to spend it sitting with my hands in my lap watching cutscenes.  That's why I have netflix.  If I pay for a game, I want to play a game.  I at least hope that we'll have the option to skip them after watching them once. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8758 on: August 03, 2011, 07:08:55 AM

Why would anyone want to rush to level in SWTOR?

Because MMO devs have taught players the horrible lesson that the entire leveling game is a hurdle to getting to the real game, rather than the meat of the game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8759 on: August 03, 2011, 07:21:10 AM

If I have an hour to play, I don't want to spend it sitting with my hands in my lap watching cutscenes.  That's why I have netflix.  If I pay for a game, I want to play a game.  I at least hope that we'll have the option to skip them after watching them once. 

I really have to imagine you'll be able to skip listening to all the audio.  It solves this problem and it lets people who want to listen actually listen.  Unless they pull a "We spent 100 million on this, you'll listen and like it"  Not out of the question, but I hope they are smarter than that.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8760 on: August 03, 2011, 07:21:55 AM

When you fail any specific thing for the 5th time it's not unreasonable to want to skip cutscenes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8761 on: August 03, 2011, 07:26:51 AM

You can skip them, but you have to wait for the others who haven't. I'm a definite non-skipper; but it just makes sense to skip if you're running an instance for the nth time for whatever reason.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8762 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:46 AM

You can skip them, but you have to wait for the others who haven't. I'm a definite non-skipper; but it just makes sense to skip if you're running an instance for the nth time for whatever reason.

This I'm cool with...I wish WoW did this with dungeons, as I got into the ToC party after they added the skips.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8763 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:11 PM

Guild Wars did the same, and literally the only enjoyable aspect of the original pve campaign was pissing people off by not skipping the cutscenes.

Guild Wars had an added bonus in some cases where the mobs didn't stop attacking you during mid-mission cutscenes. I would usually pussy out and vote skip those, but the rage if someone in the team didn't press skip when you could see the team being attacked during the scene was truly glorious.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #8764 on: August 03, 2011, 03:33:28 PM

What I'd love (well, maybe not LOVE but like in an amused wry smile way), is for text-to-speech implementation so that we could create our own cut scenes. Hilarity ensues when the jedi says "I so pwned that imperial douche" out loud.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #8765 on: August 03, 2011, 03:47:27 PM

We can all sound like Stephen Hawking!   awesome, for real
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #8766 on: August 03, 2011, 10:35:23 PM

Perhaps you don't want to rush the story, but you do want to play on EZ mode.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8767 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:16 AM

The faster the "I'm in too much of a hurry to even read the quest text" crowd loses interest and quits the better.

Yes. I'm certain that this is the way to keep the 150mil behemoth afloat.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8768 on: August 04, 2011, 07:10:49 AM

Perhaps you will have to pay Star wars "bucks" to skip cut scenes and or quest text.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8769 on: August 04, 2011, 07:15:09 AM

Escapist is reporting that there's still one big "OMG!!1!" announcement (other than the release date) left in their arsenal regarding gameplay features.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8770 on: August 04, 2011, 07:19:24 AM

Escapist is reporting that there's still one big "OMG!!1!" announcement (other than the release date) left in their arsenal regarding gameplay features.

If its ranked Arena PvP I'm going to smack a bitch.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8771 on: August 04, 2011, 07:22:32 AM

If its ranked Arena PvP I'm going to smack a bitch.

Perish the thought...I really don't see arena play coming to TOR.  BW doesn't seem like the Pro Gaming league-type of dev.

I'll put my money on some end-game revelation that makes Daily Questing see antiquated.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8772 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:46 AM

I think they're going to announce that you'll have to sit in cantinas watching dancers to heal mind wounds.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8773 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:13 AM

I think they're going to announce that you'll have to sit in cantinas watching dancers to heal mind wounds.

Mob Mob Mob

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8774 on: August 04, 2011, 08:34:25 AM

Droid as a playable class.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8775 on: August 04, 2011, 08:37:15 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8776 on: August 04, 2011, 08:41:17 AM

Not on rails space combat.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8777 on: August 04, 2011, 08:42:48 AM

Fully interactive companion cybering mode.

It's Bioware after all. Home of the digital sex game.  why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8778 on: August 04, 2011, 08:44:33 AM

It's Bioware after all. Home of the digital sex game.  why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8779 on: August 04, 2011, 09:06:59 AM

ACK!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8780 on: August 04, 2011, 10:17:13 AM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #8781 on: August 04, 2011, 11:19:46 AM

Ah, Kinect intergration, then?

my what do we have here?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8782 on: August 04, 2011, 12:32:53 PM

As a "real" guess -

Maybe capital ships as guild housing?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8783 on: August 04, 2011, 12:46:50 PM

Are races considered gameplay features? They still haven't announced the last race, though it's not exactly a reveal at this point. Also, they haven't formally announced the companion AI system.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8784 on: August 04, 2011, 12:48:32 PM

"Its really a sandbox".

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: