Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2136844 times)
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #8435 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:33 PM

According to the financial report released today, SWTOR has shattered EA's preorder records.

Of course they don't mention what those numbers are specifically.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic--battlefield-are-eas-pre-order-kings/
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8436 on: July 26, 2011, 02:46:50 PM

The general rule is that group channels are OOC, for people who care about such things. There's always that one annoying guy who puts everything he says in OOC channels in double parentheses anyway, though. You will probably only ever get yelled at really if you interfere with people off doing their RP thing in says.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8437 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:58 PM

so...

1.  is there a BC server declared?
2.  is there a BC guild ready?  (if so who do I present myself to?)
3.  which side are we playing?
4.  is WUA playing?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8438 on: July 26, 2011, 02:56:54 PM

so...

1.  is there a BC server declared?
2.  is there a BC guild ready?  (if so who do I present myself to?)
3.  which side are we playing?
4.  is WUA playing?

1. Not yet
2. Yes, http://www.swtor.com/guilds/7040/bat-country (Sky, I think)
3. Empire
4. No idea.

:)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8439 on: July 26, 2011, 03:55:11 PM

is there a BC guild ready?
Just let me know if your swtor.com name is sufficiently different from your f13 name that it is tough to recognize (I'm Komoto at swtor.com). I'm keeping a running list of oddball names on the private guild forum there, in the "Roster" thread.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8440 on: July 26, 2011, 09:13:14 PM

is there a BC guild ready?
Just let me know if your swtor.com name is sufficiently different from your f13 name that it is tough to recognize (I'm Komoto at swtor.com). I'm keeping a running list of oddball names on the private guild forum there, in the "Roster" thread.

I have Tide reserved (http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=494)
I will also register Soln at launch.

Empire really?  

EDIT: applied!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:17:02 PM by Soln »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8441 on: July 26, 2011, 09:24:13 PM

I believe it only lets you apply to one guild, and I applied to my WoW guild's ... guild. But they're playing Republic, so when the urge to Empire strikes me I will hope there's some form of Bat Country left to bother for that.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8442 on: July 26, 2011, 09:31:07 PM

I believe it only lets you apply to one guild, and I applied to my WoW guild's ... guild. But they're playing Republic, so when the urge to Empire strikes me I will hope there's some form of Bat Country left to bother for that.  awesome, for real

Republic scum!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rake
Terracotta Army

Reply #8443 on: July 27, 2011, 02:20:30 AM

You can even dress for the role now without making George even richer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14287864
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8444 on: July 27, 2011, 04:30:41 AM

You can even dress for the role now without making George even richer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14287864

Only if you have folks in the UK buy it for you. It's still George's property in the US.

The guy also charges an obscene amount of money for the costumes - $3,000 - and has screwed Artists in general in pursuing the ruling.  If it can be deemed functional its no longer art and you can produce knockoffs in the UK after 15 years.  i.e. Anything produced by an Industrial Designer.  You can argue that Buckminster Fuller wasn't making art, or that the Dyson products aren't sculptural and have a distinctive look but I'll still say you're full of shit.

Hell, considering most folks who *really* want a ST uniform of Production quality and want to pay that kind of cash want that LA stamp, they'll still be buying from George.  All he's done is paved the way for folks to undercut him with their own molds.  Way to go, knob.   why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #8445 on: July 27, 2011, 05:44:38 AM

George still has monopoly in the US, right?  And could theoretically choose to mass-produce and sell the costumes in quantities and at prices this guy can't compete with?
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #8446 on: July 27, 2011, 05:47:39 AM

I haven't been following this game very closely but I was probably goint to get it, until I found it wont be released in Australia at launch.  I really hate EA.

The stupid thing is that I probably would have imported it because I don't pay aussie RRP anymore but I'm still offended when they decide to pass us over.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #8447 on: July 27, 2011, 05:49:08 AM

The guy also charges an obscene amount of money for the costumes - $3,000 - and has screwed Artists in general in pursuing the ruling. 

Are you trying to say there are some artists somewhere who actually own copyrights to works of commercial value?  why so serious?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8448 on: July 27, 2011, 06:29:10 AM

Jesus.

Glad I just give the lightsabers I make away as gifts.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8449 on: July 27, 2011, 06:43:21 AM

So, wait, I can pre-order now, but when is launch?

EDIT: Amazon says This item will be released on December 31, 2011., that date seems odd.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:46:01 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8450 on: July 27, 2011, 06:46:06 AM

So, wait, I can pre-order now, but when is launch?

Targeted this holiday season (read: a week or two before christmas.)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8451 on: July 27, 2011, 06:48:54 AM

Ugg, so many other games could come out before then! I'm torn.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8452 on: July 27, 2011, 07:03:07 AM

The guild description has "Light Roleplaying" and it sounds creepy.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8453 on: July 27, 2011, 07:09:31 AM

Says someone in FoH, har.

Mr. BW, I'm sure this game will not be up to the high standards of APB.

About the Stormtrooper armor guy...does Lucas sell the stuff directly? If not he should stop trying to shut the guy down.

And in guild notes...approved a couple more folks. Who are Tide and kalain? If you do not use your f13 nick or a reasonable fascimile, please pm me here letting me know who you are on swtor.com. Rejected Meccan, steak and JohnOC because their apps sat there for over a month without pming me (steak does sound familiar, but he's not registered here).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:16:16 AM by Sky »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8454 on: July 27, 2011, 07:11:29 AM

Ugg, so many other games could come out before then! I'm torn.

No need to pre-order right away. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8455 on: July 27, 2011, 07:12:27 AM

Yeah, I think ill see how launch goes and see what I'm into between now and then. But, I do love me some star wars.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #8456 on: July 27, 2011, 07:15:12 AM

Yeah, I think ill see how launch goes and see what I'm into between now and then. But, I do love me some star wars.

Thats kind of how I feel as well.  Big Star Wars fan, the game looks decent not great, but I did like the KOTOR games.  My guess is I'll end up picking up a box from best buy on release.  Skyrim is coming out 11/11 too, so it should be a solid quarter for RPGs. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8457 on: July 27, 2011, 07:42:41 AM

The guy also charges an obscene amount of money for the costumes - $3,000 - and has screwed Artists in general in pursuing the ruling. 

Are you trying to say there are some artists somewhere who actually own copyrights to works of commercial value?  why so serious?

You're saying all designers everywhere are only employed by a corporation they hold no interest in?  why so serious?

Sky - you should update the info page of the guild to have them PM you here when applying.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8458 on: July 27, 2011, 08:14:23 AM

Sky - you should update the info page of the guild to have them PM you here when applying.
Good idea, and done. Also updated the quote. Bonus points to anyone who can identify it without google. Last quote was part of the Sith Code (there's a 100 character limit).

Checking on Lucas selling any trooper armor...they've shut down the entire starwars.com store!  ACK!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8459 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:58 AM

I'm not surprised because it's been horrible for several years.  I don't think they had anything exclusive anymore, beyond the Nagel-inspired giclee prints from last year.  Now I'm annoyed I didn't buy one.  Oh well.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8460 on: July 27, 2011, 09:18:01 AM

About the Stormtrooper armor guy...does Lucas sell the stuff directly? If not he should stop trying to shut the guy down.

So, you think Lucas should abandon the copyright on Star Wars?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8461 on: July 27, 2011, 09:26:56 AM

Because that is the only imaginable option available, of course I do.

Actually, he should probably hand it off to the Drs Ray and Greg.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8462 on: July 27, 2011, 10:29:53 AM

Personally I think copyright limitations, like patents, should expire after a limited period so that it acts to maximise works in the public domain, as per the US constitution.

15 years seems pretty reasonable.

Nobody ever made an investment decision regarding art on the grounds that it would turn a profit in year 16.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8463 on: July 27, 2011, 10:35:59 AM

I vehemently disagree, as a writer, with that assessment.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8464 on: July 27, 2011, 10:41:15 AM

Do you accept that patents should expire and if so what on earth is the difference?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8465 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:33 AM

Do you accept that patents should expire and if so what on earth is the difference?

Because tangible property is different than a story.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8466 on: July 27, 2011, 10:52:01 AM

Personally I think copyright limitations, like patents, should expire after a limited period so that it acts to maximise works in the public domain, as per the US constitution.

15 years seems pretty reasonable.

Nobody ever made an investment decision regarding art on the grounds that it would turn a profit in year 16.

Rebel scum...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8467 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:29 AM

I accept patents and copyright expiring after my death. It's party of my body of work, why should I not be allowed to reap profit from it for the full duration of my life?  Perhaps even extending it as far as 10 years after death to support wives/ kids until they can get other revenue streams. Anything more than though I do not support.  The current 70 years after death timeframe is utter bullshit.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8468 on: July 27, 2011, 10:56:44 AM

I accept patents and copyright expiring after my death. It's party of my body of work, why should I not be allowed to reap profit from it for the full duration of my life?  Perhaps even extending it as far as 10 years after death to support wives/ kids until they can get other revenue streams. Anything more than though I do not support.  The current 70 years after death timeframe is utter bullshit.

God damn it I am trying to save this from jumping the tracks... Patents are on the dark part of the forums.

REBEL SCUM pt. 2.....

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8469 on: July 27, 2011, 11:01:28 AM

We have to hit 300 pages before September.  Derails must happen!

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: