Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2024, 11:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2146442 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2415 on: September 29, 2009, 12:09:00 PM

It does say it's down due to demand.

Thank you for visiting www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. We are making adjustments to the site due to the overwhelming response to the testing announcement. Please be patient and check back later. We estimate that the site will be back up in the next few hours.[/quote[
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2416 on: September 29, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Yeah, the message hasn't changed in the time I've been hitting it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2417 on: September 29, 2009, 12:22:37 PM

It said, in full, "SW:TOR site down for maintenance" when I posted.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2418 on: September 29, 2009, 12:53:32 PM

I put in my beta app for Star Trek online. Now I just have to stop myself from repeatedly hitting refresh on the SWTOR page.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2419 on: September 29, 2009, 03:09:15 PM

Must be a great disturbance in the Force.

Like millions of server hamsters cried out and were suddenly silenced.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #2420 on: September 29, 2009, 03:20:33 PM

Stop relying on that old archaic religion. The servers are just fine  why so serious?
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2421 on: September 29, 2009, 03:30:49 PM

BW Austin employee: Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
Star Wars nerd: What happened?
BW Austin employee: [getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight server malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Star Wars nerd: We're sending a squad up.
BW Austin employee: Uh, uh... negative, negative. We had a server crash due to our shitty forum and web software here now. Give us a few minutes days to lock it down. Large crash, very dangerous.
Star Wars nerd: Who is this? What's your operating number?
BW Austin employee: Uh...
[BW Austin employee completely crashes the site]
BW Austin employee: [muttering] Boring conversation, anyway.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2422 on: September 29, 2009, 03:35:35 PM

BW Austin employee: Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
Star Wars nerd: What happened?
BW Austin employee: [getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight server malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Star Wars nerd: We're sending a squad up.
BW Austin employee: Uh, uh... negative, negative. We had a server crash due to our shitty forum and web software here now. Give us a few minutes days to lock it down. Large crash, very dangerous.
Star Wars nerd: Who is this? What's your operating number?
BW Austin employee: Uh...
[BW Austin employee completely crashes the site]
BW Austin employee: [muttering] Boring conversation, anyway.

"This is some closed beta. You had a plan for getting apps, you have a plan for handling the load?"

"HE'S THE BRAINS, SWEETHEART!"

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2423 on: September 30, 2009, 01:43:15 AM

"Sir, the possibility of successfully releasing a story-based MMO is approximately 3,720 to 1."

"Never tell me the odds."

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2424 on: September 30, 2009, 03:55:32 AM

Bioware:  I've got a problem here.
EA: Stay on target.
Bioware:  Our servers can't handle this load!
EA: Stay on target!
*explosion*
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2425 on: September 30, 2009, 07:06:01 AM

I'm in, but I went via the front door, Snakecharmer's link kept taking me to a 'You are not authorised to access this page' cockblock.
They are asking for RL address/phone details for test participation. It's been an age since I last beta'd (like vanilla WoW beta age), is that normal?

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2426 on: September 30, 2009, 07:29:50 AM

I started to sign up and after I accepted the ToS it kept dropping me back to the first account creation page without letting me move forward or log in with the account I had made. Ah, well.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2427 on: September 30, 2009, 08:16:18 AM

I started to sign up and after I accepted the ToS it kept dropping me back to the first account creation page without letting me move forward or log in with the account I had made. Ah, well.

I daresay it's a test to separate the obsessed from the chaff.  11 'You've updated Your Account' e-mails later, I've finally finished the process.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2428 on: September 30, 2009, 08:56:30 AM

I think I just signed up to beta test the beta test signup process.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2429 on: September 30, 2009, 09:11:57 AM

<jedimindtrick> "This is not the beta you're looking for..." </jedimindtrick>

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2430 on: September 30, 2009, 09:12:45 AM

What a shitty shit shit beta...thing.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2431 on: September 30, 2009, 09:16:00 AM

Now it says:

You are not authorized to access this page.

I read it in the mental voice of a Stormtrooper. Sounds like something they'd say.

Shoot. Just read a few posts above. Move along. Nothing to see but the tard here.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Teugeus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2432 on: September 30, 2009, 09:36:53 AM

Took a while, but finally got the account page to tick the "Yes" box  awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2433 on: September 30, 2009, 09:45:58 AM

Tried a couple more times, got to enter my personal info before getting bounced back to account creation. Then I saw that the next step appears to be a system scan, and since I'm on a crappy mac mini at work, I guess I'll just try later. Certain employees of a certain company are certainly quiet :P
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2434 on: September 30, 2009, 09:56:01 AM

Tried a couple more times, got to enter my personal info before getting bounced back to account creation. Then I saw that the next step appears to be a system scan, and since I'm on a crappy mac mini at work, I guess I'll just try later. Certain employees of a certain company are certainly quiet :P
The best part is the system scan.  Had to do that 5 times before it actually finished.   Wonder why they didn't just ask for a DxDiag like everyone else.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2435 on: September 30, 2009, 09:57:49 AM

The best part is the system scan.  Had to do that 5 times before it actually finished.   Wonder why they didn't just ask for a DxDiag like everyone else.

Likely because people have been gaming betas recently with fake dxdiags.  Better to gather the information yourself, I suppose, than rely on someone being honest.

-Rasix
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2436 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29:30 AM

Too bad the system scan they use pulls inadequate information.  My video cards were 'NvXX'.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2437 on: September 30, 2009, 04:32:54 PM

All I'm getting is the "Server is exploding due to demand" error page  Shaking fist

-edit- Apparently the angry-fist emoticon fixed it! Now to not be accepted like every other beta I've signed up for  cry

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 05:35:20 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2438 on: September 30, 2009, 05:40:25 PM

oh this is all going so well!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #2439 on: September 30, 2009, 06:23:06 PM

Likely because people have been gaming betas recently with fake dxdiags.  Better to gather the information yourself, I suppose, than rely on someone being honest.

Why MS doesn't make some sort of Web based DXDiag is beyond me.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2440 on: September 30, 2009, 06:25:24 PM

Heartbreak

This is the worst beta form ever!

I can't even get past the login part.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2441 on: September 30, 2009, 07:14:29 PM

I give up.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2442 on: September 30, 2009, 07:46:42 PM

I agree with the retarded wanking duck. Their system scanner crashes. Perhaps it's a practice run for their crashing installer.

That beta test is probably sour anyway.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2443 on: September 30, 2009, 08:42:45 PM

Have you recently updated Java?

The scanner requires it but doesn't tell you until you actually need to scan.  At which point, it freezes up/crashes. ACK!  Also, if your scan completes but you don't have an icon or anything to click to continue, hit tab then enter.  But yeah.  What should be a pretty simple exercise in beta sign up doesn't inspire much confidence.

Eh, BioWare Austin. 

Whaddayagonnado.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2444 on: September 30, 2009, 10:48:23 PM

Whaddayagonnado.

Apparently we'll be going to the cockroach race to watch the cockroaches crash.  Same as usual.

AKA Gyoza
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2445 on: October 01, 2009, 01:28:41 AM

Have you recently updated Java?

The scanner requires it but doesn't tell you until you actually need to scan.  At which point, it freezes up/crashes. ACK!  Also, if your scan completes but you don't have an icon or anything to click to continue, hit tab then enter.  But yeah.  What should be a pretty simple exercise in beta sign up doesn't inspire much confidence.

Eh, BioWare Austin. 

Whaddayagonnado.

Y'know, I thought you and Schild were overreacting with this Bioware Austin stuff. I should have known better.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2446 on: October 01, 2009, 08:21:34 AM

It's working fine now.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #2447 on: October 01, 2009, 08:45:46 AM

This was posted on the Stratics UO forums yesterday. His title was lead designer. Though you all might have some passing interest...

Hail and Well Met!

I want to take a moment and let you know that I have left the Ultima Online development team. I am now working at BioWare Austin as a Systems Designer on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I want to thank all of you for many good years and memories. You all are the best, and I will miss you.

I also want to extend a thank you to my Mythic colleagues. They are very passionate about Ultima Online and are extremely talented game developers. I have no doubt that the Ultima franchise will thrive for many more years. I look forward to seeing what’s next on the Ultima horizon.

Before anyone asks…

No, you cannot have my stuff.

Sweet water and light laughter until next,

Patrick “Leurocian” Malott

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2448 on: October 01, 2009, 09:20:20 AM

Sweet water and light laughter until next,

Patrick “Leurocian” Malott

Elfquest reference. How fruity.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2449 on: October 01, 2009, 09:33:24 AM

I wonder why he won't let anyone have his stuff?  That seems a bit greedy since he's not even going to be there.  Someone should send him here.  Maybe we can trick him into saying too much.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: