Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1359879 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1960 on: August 31, 2014, 06:13:56 PM

Well, it was PC Games. So no, there wouldn't be a Persona to list at all.

I blame being sick.  Derp.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1961 on: September 01, 2014, 08:38:29 AM

He was saying "Fuck you, bitches", right?

Here's something that might be useless chatter to you but it's heartbreaking for me.  My xbox 360 is almost full and I have to edit.  Deleting games for me is what throwing away books is to most of you (I throw 'em away all the time!).  I don't know what to do other than panic as the time to act grows near.  Most of them are freebies from xbox gold but still....  This is why I HATE digital games.  If they were all in boxes, I could just stack them neatly in a cupboard, but noooo....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1962 on: September 01, 2014, 06:02:30 PM

He was saying "Fuck you, bitches", right?

Here's something that might be useless chatter to you but it's heartbreaking for me.  My xbox 360 is almost full and I have to edit.  Deleting games for me is what throwing away books is to most of you (I throw 'em away all the time!).  I don't know what to do other than panic as the time to act grows near.  Most of them are freebies from xbox gold but still....  This is why I HATE digital games.  If they were all in boxes, I could just stack them neatly in a cupboard, but noooo....

You can't re-download them again? Or the saved files are also deleted?

My son has the xbox360 - I haven't played with it much at all, ever, so I don't know how those things work. Steam spoils me. Every system should have a system like that, where it knows what you own and what you don't.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1963 on: September 01, 2014, 07:04:46 PM

I don't know.  I've never deleted a game.  I should check that, though.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1964 on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:47 PM

I don't know.  I've never deleted a game.  I should check that, though.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I bet a 20 second google search will provide that answer.  You can even do it on your phone in the toilet.  No, I don't mean to say your phone is in your toilet.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1965 on: September 02, 2014, 06:20:32 AM

Game data is separate from save data on 360 and PS3.  Generally you can redownload things which you have previously purchased, but there have been occasions where things are removed from XBL and PSN.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1966 on: September 02, 2014, 08:19:09 AM

I don't have a mobile phone and I don't google... I just ask here. 

So there.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1967 on: September 02, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

First world problems.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #1968 on: September 02, 2014, 11:35:27 PM

WE ARE GOOGLE
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1969 on: September 03, 2014, 07:38:43 PM

"Google" does rather sound like one of those crazy Aussie nonsense words. 

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1970 on: September 07, 2014, 10:22:40 AM

I was just reading something on The Sims 4.  There's a bug that allows children to "woohoo" (which means have sex) with grown ups including their parents.  OOPSIES.  Also, you can't drive, have a swimming pool or basement, or even toddlers.  Apparently, your baby goes from newborn to a big kid with nothing in between.  I don't get that bit.  It also complained that if you neglect your baby it turns into a devil baby.  The "woohoo"  (it might be "woowoo", not sure) and the devil baby are bugs.  I don't know how you can accidentally make a devil baby, but there you have it.  Someone said that maybe there are no toddlers and swimming pools because you can play online and they don't want you drowning your children in front of the whole Sims world.  I don't know.  It all sounds weird to me.  Of course, as usual, I only skimmed the posts so some, perhaps all, of this is wrong. 

Does anyone here play The Sims games?  I played one of them but it didn't hold my attention for very long.  Like a week or so maybe.  It was YEARS ago.  I do know that you could put people in a pool and take away all the ladders and they'd drown.  I didn't do it but I remember wanting to.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #1971 on: September 07, 2014, 02:12:42 PM

Uwe Boll, renowed director famous for "Far Cry" and "Alone and the Dark", told us what he really thinks about video games.

I'll translate it as literal as possible, to preserve the...special flavor:

"They are small, pathetic wieners. Blizzard and Gas Powered, and all those Spackerlacken [?? dont know that word, Cala] from Ubisoft which you honor so highly, are in reality tiny full-cunts, which sit around like tiny Spackis [again ??] and programme some shit on their PC and then have illusions of having done something productive for the world. "

"I always cared a wet shit-dirt about videogames, and also never played videogames, but earned money with it and used it to produce films. "

And asked about how he still gets actors willing to work with him:"Actors are for a big majority little whores, which one can just hire. And if they get money they act any shit."

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:22:45 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1972 on: September 07, 2014, 05:33:10 PM

Citizen Kane of Gaming

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1973 on: September 07, 2014, 06:59:30 PM

Does anyone here play The Sims games? 

I've played em all, including four, and its not near as bad as they are saying - every Sims launch has had bugs. They actually managed to make the game run quite smoothly and load quickly (as opposed to 3 which could take literally ten minutes to load the game if you had any custom content). Sims players always bitch when a new Sims launches because they expected EA would give them all the expansion content from the previous version for free in the new one (lol).

Its a base Sims game and it runs well. They cut a few things, added a few others, and overall it satisfies the urge I have for that style of game. Like any Sims, just go into it knowing that if you actually like it, they will be releasing $300 in expansions over the next two years.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1974 on: September 08, 2014, 04:18:12 AM

which sit around like tiny Spackis [again ??]

I guess that particular piece of german vernacular hasn't found its way into Austria yet? 'Spacken' (plur.) or 'Spacko' (sing.) is someone who is and acts very stupid. The best translation - with a comparable level of offensiveness - would be retard. It's also a good aproximation because as with retard certain sociotopes use 'Spacko' as a term of 'endearment' - like gay etc.

It's fitting for Dr. (someone actually awarded that man a ph.d.) Uwe Boll, that he can't even use insults in his own native language corerctly.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1975 on: September 08, 2014, 04:32:54 AM

Just so people know, in English words like "spacky", "spacko", "spaz" or similar are derogatory variations of "spastic" - a term for someone with cerebral palsy - and are considered very offensive. It may be that the German word doesn't have exactly the same meaning.

Edit: Though it's also true that some people would use the word and say it's just a joke etc.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:34:38 AM by palmer_eldritch »
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1976 on: September 08, 2014, 04:48:29 AM

In German though it doesn't. That's because there's also 'Spast' or 'Spasti'. Spacko is as offensive as 'Spasti' though, that's why I said that it is on the same level as retard. Just as with gay or retard in the US though it's also used by 12 year old boys to refer to each other (that's why I called it a'term of endearment' with implied irony). That doesn't make it any less offensive but it's still a reality that it's also used in that way.

If you read Boll's original comment you'll see that 'Spacko' was probably the least bad curse word he used.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1977 on: September 08, 2014, 04:50:52 AM

Another thing I've found is that the offensiveness of "spaz" varies wildly between the US and the UK. As far as I've been aware, "spaz" in the US is viewed as a weak insult.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1978 on: September 08, 2014, 06:41:13 AM

Uwe Boll should direct one of the DC films.  Their philosophies fit together perfectly.

I also wonder what great works he's done for humanity.  Kettle, pots, and name calling...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #1979 on: September 08, 2014, 07:43:35 AM

Uwe Boll should direct one of the DC films.  Their philosophies fit together perfectly.

I also wonder what great works he's done for humanity.  Kettle, pots, and name calling...

Oh, none. Even the German Wikipedia considers him one of the worst directors ever. Without " ", so not as a quote, but as a statement.

In case you ever need to be offensive in German:

Vollfotze = as in "total cunt", but Fotze has a stronger emphasis on the vaginal part (as opposed to just general insult like the British use it), which makes it more "dirty"

Scheißdreck = shit-dirt, What it says really, no context needed.

Spacki
= Kelly translation makes sense. As in Spasti = Spasticity.

Not mentioned here, but there is also:

Vollkoffer = Full Suitcase = Idiot, Retard

Arschgesicht
= Ass-face

Trotel = Idot, bit milder than Vollkoffer

Wixer
= Wanker

Schlampe = Slut

Arschloch
= Ass-hole

you'r welcome!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:45:36 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1980 on: September 08, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Does anyone here play The Sims games?  I played one of them but it didn't hold my attention for very long.  Like a week or so maybe.  It was YEARS ago.  I do know that you could put people in a pool and take away all the ladders and they'd drown.  I didn't do it but I remember wanting to.

I played the very first one and drowned my Sims in a pool by doing the thing you said.  It was accidental, though, I swear.  I was all excited about finally being able to afford a pool, and I used the very last of my money to buy a diving board.  Which meant they could dive in but not climb back out.

Sad Panda

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1981 on: September 08, 2014, 03:12:09 PM

I didn't see this posted yet, Warlock - Master of the Arcane is free from the humble store today.   I think it's like a turn based 4X in the same setting from the Majesty games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1982 on: September 08, 2014, 03:34:01 PM

It's a billion times better than Elemental...

...so I'd say it's worth about $5. So free is a deal!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1983 on: September 08, 2014, 05:26:13 PM

Yeah.  I played the hell out of Warlock when it was first released.  It's not perfect, but one of the games to come closest to Master of Magic.

Warlock 2 is only a slight iteration on it, too, so it's a great deal.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #1984 on: September 08, 2014, 05:49:30 PM

Without looking I assume it's five nights at Freddies. Already planning on getting it.

Horror games are usually good fun for me, but I can't play this one.  Bought it, played off and on for a few hours, and I'm done.  Most stressful game I've ever played.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:51:43 PM by trias_e »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1985 on: September 09, 2014, 08:22:44 AM

Daughter was watching some YouTuber beat Five Nights on the highest difficulty setting.  You don't need to monitor shit, it's all about clicking in the right order and doing it precisely. The video monitor would pop up once in a while but it was mostly light, door, door, light, door order.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1986 on: September 09, 2014, 08:53:12 AM

Watching someone else play horror games is ALWAYS easier than playing them yourself. It *always* (as in 100% of the time) makes them both barely scary at all and super easy looking. Go on, get a copy, tell me how simple it is in practice.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1987 on: September 09, 2014, 02:23:05 PM

Watching Super Mario speed runs where some savant has figured out the mathematically optimal path through each level is a very different experience from playing Super Mario.

I kinda hate the prevalence of YouTube playthroughs of video games and how it's become a substitute for actually playing the game.  It offends me as somebody who's interested in games as a medium; it's like reading the Cliff's Notes version of a great book.  Why bother?

Get off my lawn!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1988 on: September 09, 2014, 02:30:53 PM

Watching Super Mario speed runs where some savant has figured out the mathematically optimal path through each level is a very different experience from playing Super Mario.

I kinda hate the prevalence of YouTube playthroughs of video games and how it's become a substitute for actually playing the game.  It offends me as somebody who's interested in games as a medium; it's like reading the Cliff's Notes version of a great book.  Why bother?

Get off my lawn!

I look at it the other way - with games touting their story or narrative as the most important part, there isn't that much to be gained from actually playing through it.  I'll just watch a play through and call it a day.  I actually can't recall having watched a playthrough all the way through like that.  But I don't really play those kinds of games either anymore.  If the developer can't make the experience valuable enough to be worth more than just viewing it, why should I care about it as a game?

Also, with regard to the speed runs you were watching, were they tool assisted or not? The way you describe it makes it sound like a TAS run, but I'm not sure.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1989 on: September 09, 2014, 03:25:11 PM

New crowdfundable Space MMORPG from PGI, the people responsible for MechWarrior Online. It doesn't even try not to look like the cheapass version of Star Citizen, pledge site included. That said, if you watch the Extended Trailer after 3:00, Bryan Ekman will tell you that what they are doing is a MMORPG without NPCs cause the players do everything.

This seems too shitty to be true.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1990 on: September 09, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

From what I've heard, the Transverse site is pretty much entirely unencrypted, so any info you give them is pretty much out there for anyone to find.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1991 on: September 09, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1992 on: September 09, 2014, 05:15:09 PM

lmao why would you buy a company destined to never produce another game?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1993 on: September 09, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

Kind of a head scratcher to me, too.  I guess Minecraft is still the top selling app on just about every store everywhere, but I don't know how that would play out at Microsoft, where huge sales figures for the PS4 online store aren't exactly something you can brag about in boardroom meetings.  Maybe they're just after the name, and we'll be seeing a Minecraft 2 announcement some time soon.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1994 on: September 09, 2014, 05:43:31 PM

Kind of a head scratcher to me, too.  I guess Minecraft is still the top selling app on just about every store everywhere, but I don't know how that would play out at Microsoft, where huge sales figures for the PS4 online store aren't exactly something you can brag about in boardroom meetings.  Maybe they're just after the name, and we'll be seeing a Minecraft 2 announcement some time soon.

They could turn it exclusive, in theory. Or do value-add stuff for PC/Xbox customers like hosting servers in Azure or whatever.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: