Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:54:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2238027 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4690 on: June 21, 2011, 06:43:13 AM

I've met crowds of people. Fuck crowds of people.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4691 on: June 21, 2011, 07:51:15 AM

Making a push to finish InFamous 1, late to the game I know.  Playing through as Hero. 

Got to the part where I was given the choice to save a bunch of people or my girlfriend.  So I chose to save the GF and got dinged for being evil.   swamp poop

We spent time on this issue in my philosophy classes and we always came back to the point that sheer numbers don't make up for connections between people.  Disappointed in their choice on this one.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few is pretty standard hero stuff.  If I recall correctly, I got dinged myself there, though.  Overall, Cole tends to be a bit of a flawed hero. 
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4692 on: June 21, 2011, 08:13:26 AM

I also got and have been playing the $10 MTG game. Look me up on steam and we can stomp some people.

It's pretty fun. It's kind of like Magic Lite. You can customize the decks, to a point, they must be minimum 60 cards, you can't touch the lands. If you remove all cards of one color from a deck, it removes all the lands of that color.

If you own the game, you'll want to this with machinations, tezzeret's the artifact deck. Take out the 4 white cards which removes both white and also all the shitty 'find a land from your deck' lands as well.

Basically, this is the way I'd play magic. I have no interest in paying a la carte for cards, effectively DLC. I prefer $10 for a full game's play time of fun.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4693 on: June 21, 2011, 10:54:18 AM

Those find a land cards aren't shitty, they clear lands out of your deck for better late game draws!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4694 on: June 21, 2011, 11:41:39 AM

Bought Duels 2012, played the demo and realized right quick that it was going to be quite fun and passable as an MTG game.  I'm in the f13 steam group so feel free to poke me if you want to play (I'm Cheburashka on steam).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4695 on: June 22, 2011, 06:39:56 AM

I did have fun playing the old Planeswalkers game, but a huge part of the fun I had when I played paper MTG was building decks.  Comparing Planeswalkers to Culdcept or even Phantom Dust, it loses in my calculations.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4696 on: June 22, 2011, 06:43:53 AM

Those find a land cards aren't shitty, they clear lands out of your deck for better late game draws!
Most of the decks in the game are monstrously slow and that deck is no exception. You should really be winning before turn 10, and so the cards are unneeded :)
birdsguts
Terracotta Army

Reply #4697 on: June 22, 2011, 12:43:49 PM

So these aren't the kind of "find land" or "ramp" cards that let you play one or more extra lands per turn?
Because if they are that kind it would pretty much address the speed problem.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4698 on: June 22, 2011, 12:52:14 PM

So these aren't the kind of "find land" or "ramp" cards that let you play one or more extra lands per turn?
Because if they are that kind it would pretty much address the speed problem.

Yes, there are a number of those cards, some decks more full of them than others. The first Green deck you go up against has a bunch of these type of cards and it makes him real hard to beat in the beginning, at least with the starter white/artifact deck.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4699 on: June 22, 2011, 01:08:15 PM

Trenched came out today, and is amusing me greatly.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #4700 on: June 22, 2011, 01:31:27 PM

How many "equip" type cards are there in 2012?  Is there a fancy card list anywhere?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4701 on: June 22, 2011, 01:54:15 PM

How many "equip" type cards are there in 2012?  Is there a fancy card list anywhere?
'
There is one deck with a ton of equip cards that I've been using,  Its my favorite of the decks I've unlocked so far.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #4702 on: June 22, 2011, 02:31:50 PM

Deck lists are on the official website here
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4703 on: June 22, 2011, 10:06:31 PM

Started Red Dead Redemption. So far, hating it. That damn horse is clumsier than the Mako and having to hold the damn x button down to maintain speed is hard on the thumb.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4704 on: June 23, 2011, 12:13:18 AM

The setting is fantastic and I like most of the dialogue. My main problem with the game is that I have to re-learn the controls every time I pick it up, since I don't pop the disc in very often. The dead-eye system is cool the first couple times, but I like to be able to do stuff for myself, which is tough when your hands are spidered all over the controller during action scenes.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4705 on: June 23, 2011, 02:54:23 AM

The setting and story are better than the controls.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4706 on: June 23, 2011, 06:22:20 AM

The setting and story are better than the controls.

I agree.  I hated the horse controls at first but it didn't take long until I didn't even notice them anymore and was finishing first in races without really thinking about it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4707 on: June 23, 2011, 08:13:03 AM

Trenched came out today, and is amusing me greatly.

Yeah I'm only a few missions in but the game is fun, I like the trench customization, and the off-kilter world the game takes place in. Tubes!
WayAbvPar

Reply #4708 on: June 23, 2011, 08:47:53 AM

Started Red Dead Redemption. So far, hating it. That damn horse is clumsier than the Mako and having to hold the damn x button down to maintain speed is hard on the thumb.

Want PC version, dammit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4709 on: June 23, 2011, 09:14:50 AM

I love The Wicher, but goddamn the game can be ponderous to play a times.  Too much fucking running is making chapter 4 somewhat of a slog and it's my least favorite chapter in the game.   Really want to finish this run up so I can use it as my import for Witcher 2.

Playing some Rift as well.  Easy game for me to relax with, despite the only safe "I can go afk here and poop" place being Sanctum.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4710 on: June 23, 2011, 09:23:05 AM

Yeah, I got sucked into some Rift, too. $10 is apparently my whorepoint.

Still working through Amnesia in short spurts to retain my rl sanity; my FFH2 game has become a knot of sorts, in a really good way.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4711 on: June 23, 2011, 11:06:52 AM

Making a push to finish InFamous 1, late to the game I know.  Playing through as Hero. 

Got to the part where I was given the choice to save a bunch of people or my girlfriend.  So I chose to save the GF and got dinged for being evil.   swamp poop

We spent time on this issue in my philosophy classes and we always came back to the point that sheer numbers don't make up for connections between people.  Disappointed in their choice on this one.

I saved the other people. Honestly, the GF was a bitch and the second she made up with me I knew she was going to be a hostage at one point.  I just finished Infamous last night. I got it for free from the Sony "oops we may have exposed you to identity thieves" deal. I enjoyed it so much I asked for Infamous 2 for Father's Day and got the Hero Edition. God I love my wife.

Anyway, it's a great game and the people at Sony were geniuses by making Infamous one of the free games.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4712 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42:00 PM

I've been playing the hell out of New Vegas.  I never finished it the first time around, and thought I would give it a go with the new DLC.  Sierra Madre felt like someone cloned Bioshock for the New Vegas world and was highly irritating with all the collar-blowing-you-up bits.  Thankfully I finished it and have gotten back into trying to uncover all the little hidden areas.  I'm not finding that I'm as interested in finding all of them as I was with Fallout 3.  Maybe I'll switch back over to Red Dead Redemption for a bit.   
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4713 on: June 23, 2011, 01:39:53 PM

The worst part about that Infamous choice is that your decision didn't matter; whichever choice you made, she still died.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4714 on: June 23, 2011, 02:10:35 PM

While that either choice you made had her die did suck, when the credits are rolling and it's all said and done, I was okay with how it played out.  Your choices do manage to effect how she dies, at least. 
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4715 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:12 PM

I love The Wicher, but goddamn the game can be ponderous to play a times.  Too much fucking running is making chapter 4 somewhat of a slog and it's my least favorite chapter in the game.   Really want to finish this run up so I can use it as my import for Witcher 2.

Playing some Rift as well.  Easy game for me to relax with, despite the only safe "I can go afk here and poop" place being Sanctum.

Remember that to make the save importable, you need to manually save at an exact point in The Witcher, since there is no end of game save created.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4716 on: June 23, 2011, 02:44:29 PM

Want PC version, dammit.

Don't you have a 360? I can't see RDR particularly controlling better on a PC with KBM to be quite honest.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4717 on: June 23, 2011, 02:52:19 PM

Remember that to make the save importable, you need to manually save at an exact point in The Witcher, since there is no end of game save created.

Couldn't that have been easily fixed with a small patch to the original/DC? I guess I'm just asking redundant questions...

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4718 on: June 23, 2011, 03:00:53 PM

Couldn't that have been easily fixed with a small patch to the original/DC? I guess I'm just asking redundant questions...

This is a series that runs like shit unless you manually clean up your saved game directory, because every autosave is a new file and accessing the menu preloads the thumbnails even if you're not going to save/load.

It's safe to say the guy who designs the saved game system has been drunk for a decade running.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4719 on: June 23, 2011, 03:47:45 PM

Want PC version, dammit.

Don't you have a 360? I can't see RDR particularly controlling better on a PC with KBM to be quite honest.

I am doing my best to never play anything that involves aiming a projectile weapon on a console ever again. It just annoys and infuriates me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4720 on: June 23, 2011, 03:49:17 PM

The auto-aim, even on the normal difficulty setting, is just ridiculous with RDR. The shooting bits are not difficult nor are they annoying with thumbsticks.  This is coming from a person that does not buy console FPS because of my hatred of thumbstick aiming (and my meh-ness toward the genre as a whole).

-Rasix
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4721 on: June 23, 2011, 05:05:08 PM

The auto-aim, even on the normal difficulty setting, is just ridiculous with RDR. The shooting bits are not difficult nor are they annoying with thumbsticks.  This is coming from a person that does not buy console FPS because of my hatred of thumbstick aiming (and my meh-ness toward the genre as a whole).

^This.  I suck at console FPS, I get all excited to try them out and then get my ass handed to me over and over.  RDR's 'normal' setting has a kind of 'snap-to' feature that makes it a hell easier.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4722 on: June 23, 2011, 09:38:50 PM

Really? That's odd. Where is it, I need to go back and replay the steam version.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4723 on: June 24, 2011, 07:40:58 AM

Ice Plains, IIRC.

Also, be sure to patch Witcher 2 before you import your save game - it actually brings your gear over if you do.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4724 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:33 AM

I think the save it looks for is one from the Order of the Flaming Rose.  I'd gathered it was an autosave there, but I can't recall for sure either way.  I know you can find the saves online for various story choices that will import.  I lost my save files when the old HD crashed, and used one I found online to import into Witcher 2.  Everything seemed to carry over that was supposed to, and the extra gear did as well. 
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: