Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2237461 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3220 on: August 27, 2010, 01:53:15 AM

I forced myself to take a break from SC2. Now I'm playing DA:Awakening and Dead Rising.  
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3221 on: August 27, 2010, 07:26:03 AM

How did you get Risen cheap?
Had to look it up, I bought it for $35 minus a $25 gift cert from my credit card. Amazon rewards ftw.

Still sitting in the box makes me sad.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3222 on: August 27, 2010, 07:40:19 AM

I have EQ2 Sentinel's Fate sitting on my desk that I keep looking at with skepticism and buyer's remorse. Maybe I'll open it this weekend.

Playing WAR in the meantime just for something to do. No expectations. I just log in, run out to whatever appropriate tier of RvR zone for whatever character I'm currently playing, join the PUG WB and kill people in the face. Well, hopefully kill people in the face. Usually I'm killing doors and Lords, though. WTB 3rd realm. PST

Is it next year yet? Guild Wars 2 and Rift are both shiny and have my interest but remain in the foggy future. Maybe I'll try Cataclysm when it comes out, although I look at the gear grind with some amount of apprehension.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3223 on: August 27, 2010, 08:27:51 AM

WTB 3rd realm. PST
Stay away from the Planetside 2 thread, where internet geniuses have decided 3 realms is teh sux.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3224 on: August 27, 2010, 08:46:16 AM

Stay away from the Planetside 2 thread, where internet geniuses have decided 3 realms is teh sux.  Ohhhhh, I see.

swamp poop

It's not like you have to look very hard for live proofs of concept on the matter.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3225 on: August 27, 2010, 08:55:10 AM

What server in WAR are you on, or would you suggest, Brog? Some friends are going back and trying to convince me to go as well. I did always want to play a Choppa, though I'll probably end up on a DoK in a DoK/Choppa/Sorc trio and let my buddy play the Choppa since I have no desire to go back to my Marauder. What is the most active realm for t2/t3? T1 I hear is always active almost anywhere, T4 could be figured out later, but t2/t3 being the main part of the grind is what I think would be the toughest to find activity to allow a complete avoidance of pve on the servers.

As for currently playing, I'm held up at work a bit just when I was getting into EvE. I've missed some newbie ops due to being busy and was kind of sad about that since I wanted to check them out and learn about tackling and scanning. Since Sat morn (I think) I've really only been able to login and change what I was training just to log back out again.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3226 on: August 27, 2010, 08:59:48 AM

My best suggestion would be Badlands because they have the highest population so there's always something going on.

The folks that don't like that amount of zerg potential tend to suggest Gorfang. Volkmar has a crappy reputation for their population but this is third hand, forum knowledge, so take that for what it's worth. And finally, Iron Rock is fairly dead by all counts and when it isn't, is one sided in Order's favor from what I remember.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3227 on: August 27, 2010, 11:19:31 AM

Thanks, I have no problem with zergs as long as it's not completely one sided. really, my only worry is that there is actually action in t2/t3 so I can avoid as much pve possible if I do go back. Though, it will probably be Gorfang then since I know one of the people hates zergs.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3228 on: August 27, 2010, 11:26:10 AM

Had to look it up, I bought it for $35 minus a $25 gift cert from my credit card. Amazon rewards ftw.

Ah, okay, thanks.  I was afraid I missed some deal at some point, and that would have made me sad.  It's not quite a game I'm willing to try blindly for $40, same with Divinity II.  Been waiting for both to come down to impulse purchase range.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3229 on: August 30, 2010, 07:59:07 AM

Canceled WAR. Over the past two weekends, I would randomly get kicked to the character selection screen while trying to join a scenario. Often enough that I basically rage quit because it would take me 10 minutes of fighting with the login servers to get back in. I wasn't attached enough to the game to fight that fight anymore. The combat was also really bugging me this time. I think because the last game I played was AoC. The combination of Global Cool Down and Action Points lead to me feeling like I was making my way down a long road with stop signs on every block. Just no flow whatsoever. Plus, bad PUGs. Lots of bad PUGs. Didn't want to waste a guild's time with an app since I wasn't sure how long I'd be playing. I think the mark on my forehead from resting it in my palm is going to take a couple of weeks to clear up.

Opened up that EQ2 box that was sitting on my desk. Couple people I know are playing on Guk, so that's where I started brand new. I don't recall why I stopped playing the last time since I have positive memories of it. Maybe I was on a low population server *shrugs*. My initial (and remembered) opinion is that it's a very deep game that has plenty of ways to progress your character and now has 6 years of content built in. I also like that it feels challenging and difficult. We'll see how long the shiny newness lasts, but for now, it's holding my interest. Which has been 2 days so far. Squirrel!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3230 on: August 30, 2010, 08:54:25 AM

I'm getting into this kick where I am going to go back and finish all the awesome games I have that I never finished.

Just finished:  Batman: Arkham Asylum.  Seriously love that game.  Can't wait for the sequel they're working on.
Current:  Mass Effect 2.  I'm close to the end, I think.  Very solid.
Up Next: Red Dead Redemption.  Probably 80% through, just have to finish it off.  Still Game of the Year, IMO, though something stupid like Mario Galaxy 2 will probably win it.
On the Horizon:  Demon's Souls.  Probably 2/3rds through that one.

And just because it deserves a double dose of mention - if any of you still haven't played Batman: AA, then you are freaking hopeless.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3231 on: August 30, 2010, 09:17:29 AM

I have to get back to that one, not sure why I left off. Good in 3D with the gamepad.

Same with Tomb Raider: Underwear, it's a fun title in 3D, amazing use of the tech. ME2 I played solid front to back, what a great game.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3232 on: August 30, 2010, 09:34:50 AM

Mafia 2 somewhat dragged me in (I wanted to play Mafia before I started it, but since the stories seemed to be unrelated I'm wavering on this. Mafia 2 is just so darn pretty compared to 1).

Still having fun with Puzzle Quest 2 and Wild Mana on the side as well. The improved AI is definitely more challenging than in Fall From Heaven and Orbis, could be the new Challenges I have tuned on, though (Wild Mana Guardians and more powerful endgame wildlife).
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3233 on: August 30, 2010, 01:39:45 PM

I spent something like 8 hours yesterday installing Oblivion and about 8 gazillion mods.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3234 on: August 30, 2010, 01:52:23 PM

Careful, installing that many mods may trigger a self defect mechanism and spawn cliff racers.

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus, trying to get a one or two down a day.  Here's my recap of the last ones I've done:

10:  swamp poop  ACK!

11:  awesome, for real

12:   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

13:   swamp poop

14:   awesome, for real  Ohhhhh, I see. (Non obvious ways up a wall are non obvious)

It's still a fist pump moment when you get that last stab in, no matter how assy the encounter is.  If the controls were a lot tighter, I'd have less moments of pure frustration obscuring the all of the awe and wonder.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3235 on: August 30, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Opened up that EQ2 box that was sitting on my desk. Couple people I know are playing on Guk, so that's where I started brand new. I don't recall why I stopped playing the last time since I have positive memories of it. Maybe I was on a low population server *shrugs*. My initial (and remembered) opinion is that it's a very deep game that has plenty of ways to progress your character and now has 6 years of content built in. I also like that it feels challenging and difficult. We'll see how long the shiny newness lasts, but for now, it's holding my interest. Which has been 2 days so far. Squirrel!

I've been thinking about going back when LotRO gets stale.  I have a few friends that play regularly and I kind of miss all of the collection quests.  Even in WoW and LotRO,  I expect to see pages fluttering in the wind and "?" scattered randomly on the ground. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3236 on: August 30, 2010, 01:59:59 PM

I'm leveling a shaman in WoW between waiting for other things to come out in September. Like Civ and free LOTRO.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3237 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:27 PM

I've been thinking about going back when LotRO gets stale.  I have a few friends that play regularly and I kind of miss all of the collection quests.  Even in WoW and LotRO,  I expect to see pages fluttering in the wind and "?" scattered randomly on the ground. 
The ? can keep me occupied for hours.

Mostly playing Guild Wars at the moment.  Some WAR.

Waiting for Civ V.  It's going to release right about the time my job is eliminated, so that could be good or bad.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3238 on: August 30, 2010, 04:56:43 PM

Somehow I completely forgot about the "?". But that's okay because the first time I saw one I  DRILLING AND MANLINESS. Everything old was new again! Odd that such a small thing can be so gratifying.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3239 on: August 31, 2010, 05:42:50 AM

?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3240 on: August 31, 2010, 08:59:38 AM

I bought King Arthur during the Steam sale and am enjoying it off and on lately.  I am not a RTS genius so I find it challenging.

I have never played WoW.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3241 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08:38 AM

Archers seem wildly overpowered in that game. Also, I guess I'm not a gigantic fan of Arthurian legend because it's just not grabbing me. I don't really care overmuch. I spent a few hours in it and don't have much, if any, desire to go back.

Now, what I really want is nvidia to fix gothic 2 so I can play it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3242 on: August 31, 2010, 10:51:56 AM

Minecraft a bit.  Found a vein of redstone under my unbuilt tower but I don't have anything to do with it just now.  Need iron and diamond, really.

Started Resonance of Fate again.  Having more luck this time around with understanding combat. Ohhhhh, I see.

LotRO, trying not to make any major changes (buying a horse, etc) until F2P hits.  After F2P I am going to see about getting in on the dye market, anticipating an upswing in prices while everyone collects a stack for use on all their cosmetics.

Almost played Titan Quest a few times due to the D3 thread.

Started up Borderlands on Steam and discovered that my character just spins in place.  I don't know what to do except maybe delete all the local files and redownload... but that sort of shit is why I fucking hate Borderlands and those cockstabs at Gearbox.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3243 on: August 31, 2010, 11:03:17 AM

?

That's some cold shit for not making that clickable.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3244 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:02 AM

?

That's some cold shit for not making that clickable.

How many times did you try?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Should have been a good in game recreation by my recollection.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3245 on: August 31, 2010, 11:38:04 AM

Archers seem wildly overpowered in that game. Also, I guess I'm not a gigantic fan of Arthurian legend because it's just not grabbing me. I don't really care overmuch. I spent a few hours in it and don't have much, if any, desire to go back.

Now, what I really want is nvidia to fix gothic 2 so I can play it.

There's a box in the options somewhere you can check to tone down the archers a bit. The game is kind of a mess balance-wise in general though, and it is very easy to make GAME OVER sorts of decisions that don't seem that bad at the time.

That said, I still enjoyed it enough to be looking forward to their next one.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3246 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:25 PM

After cranking through two quests over and over in LotRO to get a Mirkwood Recall skill, I decided to take a break with Star Trek. I've been doing that over lunch for the last week.

It's still pretty fun in an explodey way, and I've found ways to play the ground game that make it less intolerable (never use crouch, keep moving, carry a kit with a lot of skills to use, use squad commands without touching the zone pause feature). Oddly, it's made me fondly recall the more meditative (read: boring) parts of EVE - flying around, exploring, mining. Shouldn't Star Trek make me feel calm and thoughtful, and EVE make me think of explosions?

I checked out my new ship interior once. There's still nothing to do inside, so I haven't felt any desire to visit it again. I keep wishing for some way to do more Sims-crap with my bridge crew. Decorate their quarters, have them take up cooking as a hobby, couple them off and have children running around the corridors of the U.S.S. Aurora.

I... I think I need help.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3247 on: August 31, 2010, 05:24:25 PM

I do too, then, because I would totally love that.

God Save the Horn Players
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3248 on: August 31, 2010, 05:27:05 PM

I keep wishing for some way to do more Sims-crap with my bridge crew. Decorate their quarters, have them take up cooking as a hobby, couple them off and have children running around the corridors of the U.S.S. Aurora.

I... I think I need help.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rasix

Reply #3249 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:19 AM

Beat Shadow of the Colossus.  The last boss fight was more than a bit annoying.  I'm torn about this game.  On one hand it was really cool and quite a technical marvel for a PS2 game. The colossi were epic and there was great satisfaction to beating them (even though it's obvious that it might not be such a good idea).   I just didn't care for the game play.  The dicey controls didn't help much. 

Ohh, and my controller batteries died the second I beat the last boss.  awesome, for real Well, at least your actions post boss won't change the game. Still, I was pretty pissed off.

-Rasix
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3250 on: September 01, 2010, 09:23:16 AM

Archers seem wildly overpowered in that game.

I am starting to agree with you. I am going to try a heavy archer army with some spearmen to protect against cavalry.

I have never played WoW.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3251 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:40 AM

Beat Shadow of the Colossus.  The last boss fight was more than a bit annoying.  I'm torn about this game.  On one hand it was really cool and quite a technical marvel for a PS2 game. The colossi were epic and there was great satisfaction to beating them (even though it's obvious that it might not be such a good idea).   I just didn't care for the game play.  The dicey controls didn't help much. 

Ohh, and my controller batteries died the second I beat the last boss.  awesome, for real Well, at least your actions post boss won't change the game. Still, I was pretty pissed off.

For the record, this is what I mean about you being picky.

Rasix

Reply #3252 on: September 01, 2010, 10:48:46 AM

You say picky; I say "refined" or "particular". (Need a top hat smiley).  I raged way too much playing SotC to put it on a pedestal.

If the controller batteries had died right before the last stab, and I got thrown off or died... HOOO BOY.  I'd be in a splendid mood today.  As is, I'm just a little directionless as to what to play next.

Go back to Starcraft II and do some more multiplayer or achievement whoring? Finish Persona 4/Valkyria Chronices? Play some more Persona 3 portable?  Start up a new game of pick 1: Beyond Good and Evil, VTM: Bloodlines, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2, No More Heroes 2? Minecraft? Dwarf Fortress?  Resub WoW to get ready for Cat? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:50:18 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3253 on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:30 AM

The obvious answer is Solitaire.  I think that's insult enough without explaining it.

Finally finished the main story for Dragon Quest 9.  If I'm smart, I'll let it stop at that, but I'm already like 4 hours past that point.  On the upside, I did however replace the cartridge with SMT:  Strange Journey, so at least it's out of sight for now.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3254 on: September 01, 2010, 11:14:43 AM

Still playing the shit out of Darkfall. I am amazed at my transformation from complete Trammell Carebear circa 1998 to now, where if a game doesn't have a robust PvP system I won't even bother with it. NHL 11 comes out in 6 days, which will fill all remaining non-sleep/work hours until Civ 5.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: