Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2233164 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2625 on: March 24, 2010, 07:57:07 AM

My PS3 version of Borderlands finally arrived yesterday and I spent the whole night playing it. Once again I have bought too many addictive games at once.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2626 on: March 24, 2010, 07:59:12 AM

My PS3 version of Borderlands finally arrived yesterday and I spent the whole night playing it. Once again I have bought too many addictive games at once.

While it didn't live up to the hype, Borderlands sure was addictive.

FFXIII is still owning me. Nearing the end, but chapter 11 is huge (if you allow it to be).

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2627 on: March 24, 2010, 01:34:19 PM

I just finished fighting the Sanctum dude in chapter 9.  I think I just saved at the beginning of 10?

I really want to grind out some awesome weapons and such then finish the game, but part of me just wants to finish the game so I can move on to others.
Rasix

Reply #2628 on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:57 PM

Same sort of predicament I'm in.  Although I've been assured you can go back to the major grind-if-you-want, optional content area (in Chapter 11) post finishing the game.  But I know I wouldn't do that.  As soon as I finish I'd be onto another game entirely and FF13 would get forgotten for a while.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #2629 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:05 PM

No and I don't have time for it lalalalala I'm not listening I'm not listening!
http://kael.civfanatics.net/  why so serious?

I have advanced toward playing this- finally installed it (had downloaded it a couple of months ago). I am sure I will get a few days in before V comes out  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2630 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:04 AM

If V is anything like IV, you'll play a couple games and go back to the old version until they fix the new one. I didn't even really play IV much until FFH2 was posted here, though I'll admit IV is finally a decent game with BtS.

I've had total gaming ennui the last two weeks. Too busy working around the house or playing guitar. I've played one game of Madden the entire two weeks, and that's it. Maybe I'll have to boot up FFH2  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2631 on: March 25, 2010, 09:21:53 AM

Just Cause 2 is predictably a ton of fun if you're into sandbox games.  Attaching speeding jeeps to the ground and watching them flip 'Dark Knight'-style or using cars as giant wrecking balls suspended from a helicopter never gets old.  The playing area is huge, and they've placed a bunch of collectibles all over the place so the exploration junkie in me is digging that too.  The huge draw distance from the first game returns intact, but with much better visuals.

The story and voice acting are swamp poop to the point of being  DRILLING AND MANLINESS, but neither are why I'm playing this game.  Kinda looking forward to trying out the YouTube upload feature too.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2632 on: March 25, 2010, 10:00:58 AM

Just Cause 2 is predictably a ton of fun if you're into sandbox games.  Attaching speeding jeeps to the ground and watching them flip 'Dark Knight'-style or using cars as giant wrecking balls suspended from a helicopter never gets old.  The playing area is huge, and they've placed a bunch of collectibles all over the place so the exploration junkie in me is digging that too.  The huge draw distance from the first game returns intact, but with much better visuals.

The story and voice acting are swamp poop to the point of being  DRILLING AND MANLINESS, but neither are why I'm playing this game.  Kinda looking forward to trying out the YouTube upload feature too.

If this had coop I would buy it in a second, as it is, I am still on the fence.
Rasix

Reply #2633 on: March 25, 2010, 11:53:13 AM

That game looks like a ton of fun.  It may erase the GTAIV memory that makes me unsure of hopping back into these type of games.  Hopefully there's no cousin calling you to go look at BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES.  Maybe during a downturn in my gaming backlog I'll pick this up.

Playing FFXIII (finishing these missions will take for-goddamn-ever) and now I'll be trying LOTRO to see if it's changed for the better.  Bored right now with the idea of WoW and the graphics make me pukey after playing FFXIII. 

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2634 on: March 25, 2010, 01:04:19 PM

Beat ME2, twice in fact, though I'm probably going to revisit to check out unseen content at some point.  I now feel lost, going to go afk for the weekend and then start school which will mean just League of Legends will probably be enough for me.

I do have several rpgs to finish all of which I'm well past half done with (PS3, PS4, FF12) and I'm just about done with Dead Space but haven't been in the mood for it.  I own the zombie DLC for Borderlands but wanted to beat a playthrough 2 first.  Fuck my life though playthrough 2 is not fun.  I can't get a set of decent  gun upgrades to save my life, the combat is slowed to a crawl as a result and any type of bad luck with a death and nothing to second wind of off makes me want to ragequit.  Not sure I can stand to grind through it and get the guns I want.  I loved my playthrough 1 guns and they were so good most of them are still better at level req ~28 then the level 40-43 stuff I've found.

I would have bought FF13 but it turns out my brother already has and I know he's never going to get around to playing it so I'll borrow it when I see him come summertime.  I've also been tempting myself with DoW2 but I really don't like rts that much so I don't know why I am doing this to myself.  Some kind of protest buy against SC2 probably, god I hate StarCraft.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2635 on: March 25, 2010, 01:43:57 PM

That game looks like a ton of fun.  It may erase the GTAIV memory that makes me unsure of hopping back into these type of games.  Hopefully there's no cousin calling you to go look at BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES.  Maybe during a downturn in my gaming backlog I'll pick this up.

There's no maintenance-type activities at all.  The game is structured most like Saint's Row 2, where you collect enough 'Chaos' points to unlock the next set of faction or story missions.  Death outside of missions doesn't really carry a penalty either - you just relocate to the nearest controlled base - death in a mission just restores you your most recent checkpoint (and they're pretty good about checkpointing often).

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2636 on: March 25, 2010, 02:57:56 PM

No and I don't have time for it lalalalala I'm not listening I'm not listening!
http://kael.civfanatics.net/  why so serious?

Installed this last night.  Damnit.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2637 on: March 25, 2010, 03:54:36 PM

This game is quickly becoming my favorite sandbox game ever. The playable area is huge and the environments have a lot of variety, so much better than being stuck in a generic city like GTA or Saint's Row.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2638 on: March 25, 2010, 04:33:05 PM

I'm so completely addicted to Borderlands now. Playing as Bob the Berserker is perfectly challenging, I have no idea why people say he sucks.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #2639 on: March 28, 2010, 12:33:40 PM

Playing We Rule on iPhone. S'fun. Anyone else playing? Add me as a friend (voodoolily).

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2640 on: March 28, 2010, 01:34:00 PM

Finally sat down and devoted some serious time to Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy.  Pirates are broken as fuck right now (again), so the first thing you'll want to do is turn them off unfortunately.   The AI has seen some improvement as well, and has a bit more up its sleeve than simply rushing.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2641 on: March 28, 2010, 02:11:57 PM

Finally sat down and devoted some serious time to Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy.  Pirates are broken as fuck right now (again), so the first thing you'll want to do is turn them off unfortunately.   The AI has seen some improvement as well, and has a bit more up its sleeve than simply rushing.

Has it figured out what to do if you pin it's fleet in place with a small combat and while it's occupied push a raider fleet into it's rear area?  That one used to work every time.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #2642 on: March 28, 2010, 02:20:44 PM

Saw Torchlight was selling for $5 this weekend, which reminded me that I had fun when I tried the demo and meant to buy it.  So, I bought it and have been having a blast dungeon-crawling.  Hit Chapter 11 in FFXIII and need to do some dungeon-crawling over there too (Chapter 10 was a quite satisfying dungeon).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2643 on: March 28, 2010, 03:16:15 PM

Finished Heavy Rain, moving to something else now.  Most likely FFXIII.

LotRO, specifically Spring Festival stuff.  Finally got a suit that doesn't make me look like a hobo.  Goes well with my recently-acquired pointy hat with moon and star accents.  Shut up.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2644 on: March 28, 2010, 07:57:59 PM

I am really glad I bothered checking out my friend's copy of C&C 4 before buying one. It's got very little redeemable value.

Gonna go get Chaos Rising instead.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2645 on: March 28, 2010, 10:50:24 PM

Instead of C&C get SupCom2  awesome, for real

Anyway I beat Zelda for DS, the ending of the game really ramped up in awesomeness, that last half an hour or so was pretty awesome. The train bits did get a bit annoying but I didn't do much of the optional crap.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2646 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:24 AM

World War 2 Online, waiting for 1.31. Either playing it, or blogging it.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2647 on: March 29, 2010, 06:51:58 AM

Wow, that game still exists?

Taxi to victory!    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2648 on: March 29, 2010, 07:20:18 AM

Played a bit of Far Cry 2. Got a laugh when I picked up my first flamethrower and toasted an enemy with it...which ignited the dry grasses we were standing in. Ran for the nearest boulder and the fire swept around me, took out a couple trees and died out after a couple minutes.

Kinda giving me a bit of motion sickness, which I haven't had since Doom. Sucks because it's a pretty decent game, hope it goes away (or is maybe 3d-related).
WayAbvPar

Reply #2649 on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:13 AM

Check your Field of View setting- I know when I get queasy it is from overly narrow FOVs.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2650 on: March 29, 2010, 09:56:47 AM

I bet that's it. I think there was even a 'widescreen' setting in the menu that might fix it without any further tweaking.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2651 on: March 29, 2010, 04:39:16 PM

Not sure how much longer this is running for, but the code PAXEAST842 is good for $20 off over at the EA Store right now, plus there's free shipping.  Good deal if you want to get the Dragon Age expansion for $20, pick up Bad Company 2, or pre-order Dead Space 2, Skate 3, or the Medal of Honor reboot for $20 off.  I'd recommend against getting any direct download stuff though, as you have to install the EA downloader to download/play the games.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2652 on: March 29, 2010, 06:29:39 PM

Thanks for the tip.  Just bought Dante's Inferno PS3 for $25.50 shipped.  Not shabby. 
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #2653 on: March 30, 2010, 04:35:57 AM

Playing We Rule on iPhone. S'fun. Anyone else playing? Add me as a friend (voodoolily).
Got sucked into this as well a few days ago and have been playing mostly when I should be working. I'll add you, I'm (TheToxicWaltz). When I'm playing I'm thinking "why bother," when I'm not I'm thinking "how long until crops are done." It's got me.

Also Bad Company 2, Dragon Age, EQ2, Infamous and 15 minutes sessions with a host of other games.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:37:58 AM by CaptainNapkin »
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2654 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:22 AM

Desktop Dungeons has sucked away all of my free time this evening.  It's kind of like a rogue-like meets minesweeper kind of game, where the goal is to beat the boss of the randomly generated level by any means necessary (usually meaning leveling up alot til your capable of killing it).  There aren't persistent characters, and games are very short.  However, there is persistence in unlocking classes/monsters/items, and I think the game does these things quite well.  

It's certainly hard, and my failure rate is probably around 75%, but since games last 5-10 minutes that's not a big deal.  Every once in a while the random map generator will screw you over, but generally only in the beginning of the game which leads to an easy instant restart.  Otherwise I think it's a brilliant way to waste some time.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/?cat=20 (mainpage)

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=11688.0 (better tileset)
When I get fired I'm blaming you.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2655 on: March 30, 2010, 09:10:34 AM

Widescreen setting worked for fixing the fov in Far Cry 2. Game is lots of fun, wish I could turn up the voices a bit, it's just got a global volume slider. Mounted guns in vehicles seem very exposed, I can get the drop on a couple guys then I have to run for it or get slaughtered. Nice tactical play, though. Use cover or get slaughtered, enemies flank decently.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2656 on: March 30, 2010, 01:01:07 PM

Thanks for the tip.  Just bought Dante's Inferno PS3 for $25.50 shipped.  Not shabby. 

Boobies!
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2657 on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:43 PM

Red Steel 2, seems fun so far. Using the wrist strap is definitely a good idea with this game.

Grinding in FFXIII (chapter 9) every now and then when I have time, next week is vacation again so I'll be able to continue it properly.

Also tried Civilization IV for the first time last weekend. Played the first one probably hundreds of hours back then, but never tried the newer ones (except Revolution) until now. I've heard lots of good things about a certain mod, but I guess I should get comfortable with the normal game first.
Elerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #2658 on: March 30, 2010, 06:29:45 PM

Playing Infinite Space (DS) on the couch, just after finishing FF13. I seriously think this handheld game may be a better JRPG than FF13 is, and I liked FF13!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2659 on: March 31, 2010, 07:38:41 AM

Also tried Civilization IV for the first time last weekend. Played the first one probably hundreds of hours back then, but never tried the newer ones (except Revolution) until now. I've heard lots of good things about a certain mod, but I guess I should get comfortable with the normal game first.
Do you have the BtS add-on yet? It really improves the base game a lot (and "the mod" requires it, so you want it anyway).
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: