Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240151 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10780 on: March 02, 2016, 08:56:31 AM

WASD.  I'm using an XBox controller though and it's great that way, too.

Completed Mad Max, which was much better than I expected.  Now all of my free time is devoted to harvesting eggplants in Stardew Valley...and loving it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
schild
Administrator

Reply #10781 on: March 02, 2016, 09:16:40 AM

How does Stardew Valley control: click to move or WASD?
WASD.

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaand this was answered on the new page, whatever, yes, wasd)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10782 on: March 02, 2016, 01:51:37 PM

.. I keep trying to convince him that a 6 year old  ..

Shit, my daughter turns 6 in 1.5 months and she hasn't even played Minecraft yet. Guess I better get on it!

He was a few months past 6 when he really started playing PC games.  He just plays Minecraft and MOBAs.  Well, he tried Minecraft before, but he'd just tell me what to build.  Now he can just fly solo.  Running and jumping is still hard with tiny hands.

He couldn't get past the controls in DOTA2.  He played 5 minutes of the tutorial and just hated the feel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess buying RP is still in my future.  If you don't have a gaming spouse/SO, you might be best advised to not introduce the PC.  It's all he wants to play and can't really stand ipad games anymore. Hard to get him to do his homework and practice piano.

Anyhow, it is pretty neat seeing how much depth a kid his age can grasp.  He attack-moves better than I do.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10783 on: April 01, 2016, 07:07:48 AM

Salt and Sanctuary is Dark Souls as a side-scroller.  Probably deserves its own thread.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10784 on: April 01, 2016, 07:22:40 AM

Salt and Sanctuary is Dark Souls as a side-scroller.  Probably deserves its own thread.

I've been looking at this and trying to hold off until DS3 is out. Which I'll play 2hrs of, promptly quit because it's too hard and never play again.

I'm playing short bursts of Division and DA:Inquisition. I also played the FFXV demo-thing and I have no idea why people are so excited for this thing. That 20fps was terrible, and SE is doing hair like it's 2005.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10785 on: April 01, 2016, 07:26:11 AM

I suppose I should get around to completing Demons' Souls and the 2 Dark Souls games someday.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10786 on: April 01, 2016, 07:52:54 AM

But is it good?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10787 on: April 01, 2016, 09:52:24 AM

But is it good?

I beat the first boss and I like it so far, aesthetically and mechanically.  I could tell you more detail but you'd think I was describing a weird translation of Dark Souls.  Healing flasks restored in camp, choose a religion at the start, no instructions on anything except what buttons to mash to kill things, no indication on where to go next (aka "you're in the wrong neighborhood bitch"), an initial boss that you probably could kill if you didn't suck, upgrade equipment at the blacksmith, etc.  The main difference is buying skills on a sphere grid instead of just putting points in stats, but even then I'm just using the sphere grid to improve endurance so I can wear heavier armor.

Started as the paladin.  Class only sets your stating equipment & skills (sound familiar?) and start point on the grid via the pre-allocated skills.  There is a naked dude, don't know where he starts.

I stayed up too late playing it.

lesion

Reply #10788 on: April 01, 2016, 10:28:16 AM

I should look into that after Hyper Light Drifter. Ramp Up to Souls Tour 2016.

steam|a grue \[T]/
schild
Administrator

Reply #10789 on: April 01, 2016, 10:32:35 AM

It's not on Steam? -_-
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10790 on: April 01, 2016, 01:14:43 PM

Whoops, apologies to the Master Race.  I am playing it on PS4.  No idea about other availability.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10791 on: April 01, 2016, 05:07:33 PM

So, a hardcore Metroidvania?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #10792 on: April 01, 2016, 06:40:34 PM

Whoops, apologies to the Master Race.  I am playing it on PS4.  No idea about other availability.

Bought it anyway. Need something to play in bed.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #10793 on: April 01, 2016, 08:23:49 PM

Stardew Valley.... so  much Stardew Valley.

Year 2 shall be the year of the sprinkler and no more shall I water a billion plants by hand each non-rainy morning.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #10794 on: April 02, 2016, 03:25:12 PM

Hyperlight Drifter is rather good. Difficult though, especially the one boss fight I've got to so far. But I think upgrades play a key part there.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10795 on: April 02, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

Trillion: God of Destruction for Vita. I'll post more details later, but it's a roguelike raising-sim VN. Pretty good so far.

Also playing farmville in BDO.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10796 on: April 02, 2016, 08:00:52 PM

I heard Hyperlight Drifter is missing like a ton of stuff promised from the original Kickstarter even if it is good I guess.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #10797 on: April 03, 2016, 05:14:13 AM

I haven't followed the KS so I have no idea about content levels. The balance struggles a bit though. Only faced two bosses so far, but the difficulty varies wildly, mostly because they didn't think the timings through. Hitboxes are rather buggy too (I've broken the scrpiting thanks to random noclipping several times). But it's still pretty good.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #10798 on: April 03, 2016, 10:34:03 AM

I played Salt and Sanctuary on PS4. Amazing game for $17 or whatever. I think I got 25 hours of playtime out of it? I couldn't put it down.

Now I'm playing Dark Souls prior to DS3 coming out.

Dirt Rally on PS4 on Tuesday!

Over 2 years without a gaming PC and I still have too many games to play. Everything worth playing comes to a console eventually and my back is about 5x better now that I don't sit at a desk.

Edit: I'm also finishing up Dying Light EE. There's a lot to the game, and a lot of it kind of the same, but there are still plenty of fun and funny things going on.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:37:12 AM by Nija »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10799 on: April 03, 2016, 04:31:03 PM

So, Trillion: God of Destruction is pretty weird. It's really two games in one, the raising-sim (think Princess Maker)/visual novel bits, and the roguelike combat. The Underworld is being invaded by Trillion, the God of Destruction who has 1,000,000,000 hp; you have 6 girls based on the 7* 6 Deadly Sins. You pick one and train her to fight Trillion, working on a variety of parameters, learning skills, and increasing her affecting for you. Then, you send her off to die while doing as much damage as possible. Then, pick a new girl and repeat. There are short dungeons too and some training battles, but most of the game is the raising sim. There's some comedy but it's mostly played straight, and tragic. I'm working on my 2nd girl now, having only done ~70 billion damage with my first. It's fun, and you can get through everything pretty quick if you skip stuff so I'm going to try for at least two playthroughs.

*I'm expecting whatever sin is missing to be a secret character or something.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10800 on: April 04, 2016, 09:15:56 AM

Aaaand...minecraft. Project Ozone skybox modpack. Starts with a couple mods I haven't used, so it's pretty interesting. Telephone poles and transformers to run power from my windmills...
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #10801 on: April 05, 2016, 12:22:52 PM

erm, so... Everquest.

During 2014 i reinstalled and logged on my 59 ranger from ragequit in 2001. I leveled him up to high 70s with ease and then got bored with sightseeing and moved on to the next game. Even though Ive logged in occasionally, and at some point had opportunity to upgrade my ranger to 85 with full equipment, mount and cash. It was a freebie. Every now and then i log in and perhaps kill something, or just to see if any of the guild have logged in.

Over Easter I was bored, logged in and decided to work through the Planes of Power progression quest. I'd already killed the starter boss last year but hadn't really seen any of the other spawns up (mainly because I hadn't read up that you had to spawn them) but I had some time off over Easter and found most of the Gods or their triggers spawned so worked my way through. Some took quite a bit of figuring out, Bertoxxulous involved me running round the entire zone do a scripted spawn cycle. One of the raid bosses (Terris) used to take us 60 people and an evening to get to her. This time it went like this. Train the zone to near God. Turn around, let entire zone hit you whilst firing AOE arrow shots and relying on merc cleric and damage shield. Kill entire zone in a few mins. Run into room, fire arrow at boss. Do 5k damage. Get summoned. Hit her a melee attack; flurry and triples for chat box full of hits. Fire first barrage of arrows, and its a 400,000 dmg fatal bow shot. She dies.

I was stopped by the Plane of Water, as the Avatar Of Water cant be targeted until you kill 4 sub-bosses in 10 minutes and I just don't have the DPS output as they have tons of HP. I dont need to though, all the early expansions are unlocked, this is just for nostalgia and fun so I'll just do Earth, Sky, and Fire and then Time when i next have the urge to play.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10802 on: April 06, 2016, 03:16:29 PM

Picked up HunieCam Studio despite several negative reviews. For $7 it can't be that bad.

Edit: It's pretty short, but you unlock new outfits and hairstyles by beating it. I'm not sure I'll go for 100% completion unless there's some reward for doing so, but I do need to earn my Diamond Dick Trophy (only got Gold so far).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:29:42 PM by Rendakor »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10803 on: April 07, 2016, 08:36:33 AM

Played some Invisible Inc. Fun!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10804 on: April 07, 2016, 08:46:39 AM

Picked up HunieCam Studio despite several negative reviews. For $7 it can't be that bad.

Edit: It's pretty short, but you unlock new outfits and hairstyles by beating it. I'm not sure I'll go for 100% completion unless there's some reward for doing so, but I do need to earn my Diamond Dick Trophy (only got Gold so far).

You are SO fucking adorable!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10805 on: April 07, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

The odd thing I'm finding now in terms of my Steam backlog is that it feels like a serious commitment to playing any game I haven't played yet--having to learn the control scheme, etc...I put off trying a new one until I feel ready to commit some time to it. There's only a very few games now that just grab me and make them play a lot.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10806 on: April 07, 2016, 08:55:38 PM

having to learn the control scheme

Yeah, if it doesn't click for me... *uninstall* Ain't nobody got time to learn nothing like that.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10807 on: April 07, 2016, 09:23:17 PM

Almost done with Fire Emblem: Conquest. The fact that these are 3 games is insane. This one game really is just as big as previous Fire Emblem games. There's no way I'll ever get around to playing the other 2.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #10808 on: April 08, 2016, 01:45:52 AM

Yesterday I finally decided to attack my backlog by firing up a visual novel I got a few weeks back, Lost Girl's [Diary]. It's a damn visual novel. And it doesn't start. Brown screen. *sigh* Uninstall. Those are two minutes I'll never get back. That'll teach me not to mess with my backlog.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10809 on: April 08, 2016, 08:51:21 AM

One game that I keep coming back to that I find alternately enjoyable and annoying for reasons I can't easily dope out is Metal Gear Solid V. I'm about 25% done. I like stealth, I like the look and feel of the Afghanistan and Africa areas, I tend to just like running the side ops, usually non-lethally. Then every once in a while I decide to advance the plot and about 35% of the time I really like the mission, 35% I am ok with it, 30% of the time I really hate it. I especially hate the boss fights/superpowered people/skullface dude things--the Man on Fire fight was just dumb partly because it's so different than everything else in an unedifying way. I also really find the self-importance in the tone at times just overwhelmingly irritating.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10810 on: April 08, 2016, 09:43:06 AM

I hate the whole idea of 'boss fights' from the early console era. Not to say you can't have a stronger antagonist for plot reasons and whatnot, but teh whole idea of changing up gameplay and having to use tricks to beat a 'boss' just sucks. I avoid games using that mechanics and usually quit if I can't beat it the first couple tries.

See my earlier comment about ain't nobody got time for etc.

But I come from a more refined time, before such shenanigans were the law of the land.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10811 on: April 08, 2016, 11:54:56 AM

Yeah. It really turns me off now, not that I liked it better back in the day--a game has rhythms and processes and you get better and better at doing things in it, great. I don't mind a mission in something like MGSV if it's a more difficult version of what I've been doing, or even if I'm suddenly up against an antagonist who has some of my own skillset. The duel with Quiet at the ruins was fine in that respect. I hate it when a "boss" fight requires a completely different set of mechanics that I'm never going to need again or care about that are basically about cheesing the boss in some way. Completely agree: it's one of the dumb legacies of old video games that is now embedded in the entire DNA of gaming.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10812 on: April 08, 2016, 12:57:59 PM

having to learn the control scheme

Yeah, if it doesn't click for me... *uninstall* Ain't nobody got time to learn nothing like that.
So much this. If the controls feel awkward and I can't remap them to the familiar I'm fucking done.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10813 on: April 11, 2016, 08:29:49 AM

So, a hardcore Metroidvania?

Not at all.  Replace Dark Souls front end with a 2D side scroller front end.  There you go.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10814 on: April 11, 2016, 08:44:55 AM

Mostly, life is being an ass but during my week away from home I did play several hours of games.  A lot of this was Just Cause 3, and no Salt & Sanctuary because my wife says it is scary.  I also tested a couple demos for weaboo shit on my Vita and deleted most of them.  The remainder of time was Rogue Galaxy.

Some of yesterday was 2P Shovel Knight.  I can appreciate Shovel Knight without wanting to play it, because it is cool but difficult.

My wife is playing a lot of Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: