Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:59:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240168 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6265 on: December 10, 2012, 11:53:41 AM

4 person leveling group in SWTOR, where we've all seen the other people's storylines so we can go into each other's story missions without being spoiled. Probably the most fun I've had in an MMO since Wrath-era raiding in WoW.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6266 on: December 10, 2012, 12:35:01 PM

Just finished SR3 from the THQ bundle, quite a fun game, 22 hours worth of fun. A few surprises, I laughed out loud at Gangstas in Space
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6267 on: December 10, 2012, 12:40:52 PM

4 person leveling group in SWTOR, where we've all seen the other people's storylines so we can go into each other's story missions without being spoiled. Probably the most fun I've had in an MMO since Wrath-era raiding in WoW.

I know a lot of quests have extra dialogue if you're in a duo, but do any have some special dialogue specifically for a full group?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6268 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:59 PM

Not that I've noticed, the lines they give you in the duo are the same "whoa a whole group!" ones, which technically it is since you're going to be 4 with companions.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6269 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:48 PM

It has been fun, my doucheconsular takes 99% of the credit for that.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6270 on: December 10, 2012, 01:37:21 PM

Scumbags never invite me along.   awesome, for real  One of you needs to get the flu so I can finish some heroics.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6271 on: December 10, 2012, 01:38:50 PM

We need to start another one with you, obviously. We'll leave Fordel out so we don't have to look at whatever horrible looking character he makes next.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6272 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:35 PM

As soon as I can buy extra slots, I will be happy to make someone to play with you, Rasix.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6273 on: December 11, 2012, 06:06:09 AM

Been doing a mix of GW2 (surprise) and X3: Terran Conflict.

Starting as the Bankrupt Assassin is so fun.  My little wealth redistribution operation is getting off the ground and last night I add a Dolphin Super Freighter to my mostly Xenon fleet.  It's funny how a bunch of AIs have better self-preservation skills than organic races.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6274 on: December 11, 2012, 11:51:54 AM

Finally installed Far Cry 3 and gave it a shot. I like the open world stuff, hunting, crafting, etc. but I'm just really bad at FPS. I need to unlock something with a scope; maybe then I'll actually be able to hit things.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6275 on: December 11, 2012, 11:55:04 AM

Finally installed Far Cry 3 and gave it a shot. I like the open world stuff, hunting, crafting, etc. but I'm just really bad at FPS. I need to unlock something with a scope; maybe then I'll actually be able to hit things.

You'll unlock some of the weapons as you complete the radio tower ascents.  The bow combined with stealth/takedowns is pretty great for taking over camps undetected early on.  The silenced sniper rifle I'm using now pretty much makes you the hand of Death and the camp takeovers become trivial.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6276 on: December 11, 2012, 12:07:15 PM

Okay, this thread just put FarCry 3 on my radar and high up my list.

Speaking of, I only played Just Cause 2 for the first time last night. Unbelievably gorgeous - and runs smooth as glass on my PC - and great fun. Cons are dialogue that makes me want to stab myself in the ear, and that it stole all my ammo and all but one of my weapons after the first mission... and didn't tell me. Nothing like going into a firefight, whipping out your gun and hearing a soft "click-click-click."

I was playing Dead Island for a while, but I drifted away. I do intend to get back to it.

I delved back into LotRO and played heavily for two days, mostly admiring the graphics engine enhancements. They've put the game firmly on top of the heap for landscape art. (No, don't even bring up GW2. They do fantastic characters and effects, but their terrain is only great out to about 100 feet. LotRO gives me horizons. GW2 gives me fog.) Then I fell ill and started spending more of my nights actually asleep.

Still playing STO, though at the moment only for the seasonal content.

For the last few months I've been playing an iPhone game called Battle Nations, which is part 'Ville-clone and part Advance Wars with a snarky sense of humor. It's been pretty playable without paying anything - I'm up to level 31 or 32. Honestly, I've probably played it more than some MMORPGs I've subbed to. If I was employed, I'd have tossed them some money on principle by now.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6277 on: December 11, 2012, 12:12:33 PM

The ridiculous campy dialogue is part of Just Cause 2's charm.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6278 on: December 11, 2012, 01:13:30 PM

Speaking of, I only played Just Cause 2 for the first time last night. Unbelievably gorgeous - and runs smooth as glass on my PC - and great fun. Cons are dialogue that makes me want to stab myself in the ear, and that it stole all my ammo and all but one of my weapons after the first mission... and didn't tell me. Nothing like going into a firefight, whipping out your gun and hearing a soft "click-click-click."

Ha!  I loved the hilariously cheesy dialogue in JC2.  Try some of the mods - in particular the 'unlimited/unbreakable wires' mods make for great times.  There's also a multiplayer mod in the works.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:22:44 PM by MisterNoisy »

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6279 on: December 11, 2012, 05:06:40 PM

You'll unlock some of the weapons as you complete the radio tower ascents.  The bow combined with stealth/takedowns is pretty great for taking over camps undetected early on.  The silenced sniper rifle I'm using now pretty much makes you the hand of Death and the camp takeovers become trivial.
Once I got a silenced sniper and a red dot sight for my assault rifle things picked up. Didn't realize I had the bow already until I'd already bought the sniper so that's not getting used.

Is it just me or does this game (and Ubisoft in general I guess) have it's own friend's list?  swamp poop If anyone wants to add me for some co-op or just to compare high scores in the challenges, my name is Rendakor.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6280 on: December 11, 2012, 06:06:26 PM

Really liking Borderlands 2, although it is a bit harder than the first one.  I like hard.  I bought Far Cry 3 and did the intro.  As much as I adore Borderlands 2, I had a really difficult time tearing myself away from Far Cry 3.  I wish they'd last forever.  But they won't.  :( 

Then what? 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6281 on: December 11, 2012, 06:50:58 PM

Once I got a silenced sniper and a red dot sight for my assault rifle things picked up. Didn't realize I had the bow already until I'd already bought the sniper so that's not getting used.

Once you progress the story a bit, you'll unlock fire and eventually explosive arrows, so you'll want to put the bow back in the inventory - a silenty grenade launcher/flamethrower is good times.

I'm pretty sure I'm MisterNoisy on uPlay.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6282 on: December 12, 2012, 06:12:14 AM

Just Cause 2 would not be so awesome with "better" dialog and one-liners from Rico.  Also from the soldiers: "Fucking lah!"

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6283 on: December 12, 2012, 07:51:01 AM

Just Cause 2 would not be so awesome with "better" dialog and one-liners from Rico.  Also from the soldiers: "Fucking lah!"
"He climb too high!" always makes my buddy laugh. The dialog in that game is perfect.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6284 on: December 12, 2012, 07:52:44 AM

He got me with his wire thingy!
Now you die like animal!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6285 on: December 12, 2012, 10:49:24 AM

It's not the cheeseball dialects I object to, it's the terrible exposition and lousy sentence construction. I could cut 25% of the words and it would say as much with the same "feel."

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6286 on: December 12, 2012, 11:05:11 AM

I guess I must finally play Just Cause 2, it's only been sitting on my Steam account for two years.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6287 on: December 12, 2012, 12:01:29 PM

The cutscenes are generally unbearable, but once you put 120 hours into it you'll mostly remember the one-liners after you blow up something: "Try to transport oil now, you pipeline jerks!"

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6288 on: December 12, 2012, 03:49:59 PM

Took me a minute to remember there were cutscenes.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6289 on: December 12, 2012, 05:56:12 PM

TRY NOT TO BLOW IT UP, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww

I really, really hate that shopping interface.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6290 on: December 12, 2012, 06:24:09 PM

Diablo III.  It's boring as fuck, but I guess I'll finish it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6291 on: December 13, 2012, 02:08:42 PM

Finished Bastion.  It surprised me at the end by suddenly having a pretty cool story with an interesting choice (whose outcome of course doesn't affect the gameplay at all, just the ending credits, but I liked how it made me think about it).

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6292 on: December 14, 2012, 09:05:16 AM

TRY NOT TO BLOW IT UP, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww

I really, really hate that shopping interface.

I don't ever buy anything.  I know where the attack helicopters are, and free bullets everywhere.

Lately I've only been playing SMT: Nocturne and a new un-fucked character in Skyrim.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6293 on: December 14, 2012, 12:04:29 PM

Neverwinter Nights 1. Some of my Internet Friends had been chatting about playing multiplayer again (ironically now that Gamespy's shut down all the master servers) and one of them mentioned wanting to try a DM-required module at some point. We got to talking and I finally agreed to give it a shot, even though I've never DM'd a D&D game in my life and the DM interface in NWN1 is convoluted at best.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6294 on: December 14, 2012, 10:56:12 PM

Far Cry 3; I think I'm about halfway done with the first island and loving every minute of it.

Just got to the new dungeon in Persona 4 Golden, which takes away all your items, equipment and money, and halves your SP after every battle. This place would be really tough if I wasn't absurdly overleveled. Just need to finish that up, Valentine's Day, then the True Ending dungeon and it's on to New Game Plus.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6295 on: December 14, 2012, 11:07:20 PM

I am on a quest to play 10 games from my backlog before I allow myself to buy anything new. Right now, splitting time between Eufloria and Penny Arcade 3. The latter may be the first JRPG I'll ever have actually enjoyed.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6296 on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:02 PM

Resubbed to SWTOR for 1mo, and currently splitting my playtime between levelling my imperial agent and GW2. Revisiting TSW is going to be next in the queue after my sub runs out... too many games!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6297 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:39 AM

Atelier Iris 3, Skyrim, Nocture, and Shift Code.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6298 on: December 18, 2012, 06:59:21 AM

Playing through a couple of Kairosoft games.

Dungeon Village & Beast something or other.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6299 on: December 18, 2012, 07:41:29 AM

I have an old skool RPG itch I need scratched and nothing's doing it for me.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: