Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2253079 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1995 on: November 09, 2009, 02:30:10 AM

I tried to avoid the majority of the fellatio thread, in order to avoid spoilers. There was enough fellatio in all of the other threads about every other game from then till now that I thought it must be robot raptor-riding jesus the moment I put it in the PS3. Which it wasn't.

But yeah, I found them sloppy. You thought they were  awesome, for real. We disagree. Get over it. BTW I was expecting hard. But hard ≠ sloppy controls. Which it has.

Like I said, I'll get back to it when I have time to sit down with it and play it properly.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1996 on: November 09, 2009, 02:54:17 AM

New computer (way under-stressed right now...) and two 360s actually working = new games. Sorta.

PC-side. WoW, of course. Still slogging along. Back on nights, so can't raid with my guild. Lot of PvP with 39 and 69 twinks in their respective brackets (warrior and ret paladin; warrior rips faces off). Been playing Torchlight, too. Seriously fun game. So far I have two vanquishers. Face-shooter DW pistol one is tearing up the mines. Melee/traps vanq just hit the ground running.

360-side. Borderlands. More Borderlands. And just for the heck of it, even more Borderlands. Yep, three different characters that play in three different dedicated groups. Two sirens and a soldier. 44 Siren is well on her way through a 2nd playthrough. Even more fun, though getting tired of seeing Arid Highlands night after night.

I want to take a crack at Dragon Age, but I'm torn on platform. Leaning towards PC (cheaper), but the couch is always the great equalizer when it comes to purchasing decisions. id needs to get Rage out. My PC craves it...
Elerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1997 on: November 09, 2009, 03:28:53 AM

How on earth are Demon's Souls controls "sloppy"? There are a ton of things you can bitch about with the game, but sloppy controls is not one of them. It has one of the best control schemes I've ever experienced in such a diverse action RPG. The only complaint I have with the control scheme is how clumsy it is to aim spells/crossbows without lock on. I would make that easier, and just reduce the range to make up for it. And that is a really marginal complaint, seeing how it's very rarely an issue.

Oh yeah, I'm playing Dragon Age, obviously. Best pure RPG of all time, unless you include a "for its time" clause.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1998 on: November 09, 2009, 06:11:23 AM

I didn't find the controls sloppy in Demon's Souls, and I'm a big stickler for that.  I'd say that they are slow, in that your avatar takes his sweet fucking time to do some things, but it's more of a combat animation thing than a control thing.  Obviously this is not agreed-upon, but I don't remember ever dying and thinking it was the controls.  Of course, I think I was one of only five people who understood the lockon and target switching in San Andreas, so I'm probably not typical.

EDIT: I think it is because I think of DS as a fighting game, just not a vs-fighter like Tekken.  Expectations are everything.

Now, Dragon Age has sloppy controls.  I hope it picks up later.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:12:54 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1999 on: November 09, 2009, 07:22:32 AM

Borderlands, Torchlight and Dragons Age (Dwarf Noble Warrior).  As soon as I finish my first play through of Borderlands I will probably shelve it until their DLC comes out.  The game is a ton of fun but it does start to feel repetitive after, uh, 20-some hours...

Torchlight seems like it will be a fun time-killer with a pretty-much permanent home on my lap-top.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #2000 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:22 AM

But yeah, I found them sloppy. You thought they were  awesome, for real. We disagree. Get over it. BTW I was expecting hard. But hard ≠ sloppy controls. Which it has.

No, it doesn't. We don't disagree. You're just wrong.

Edit: I should elaborate I suppose. I have to assume you're just trolling. Because there's no one I've ever encountered on the internet or in real life that says Demon's Souls is "sloppy" in any department, especially the controls. Given that it probably has some of the tightest controls of this generation, I HAVE to assume you're just fucking with me. Like, here's my thought process: "There's just no way this guy actually thinks this, he can't be that retarded. What part of the game could possibly make him think the controls were sloppy?" And then I run through the whole game in my head, which I've beaten, I don't know, 6 times now, and while I can come up with complaints, this is still not one of them. Like, if you think this game has sloppy controls, I can't even imagine what sort of games you play that don't have sloppy controls. I can't think of a single action game that would qualify as "tight" for you.

In other words, you have a fucking problem if you think the controls in Demon's Souls are sloppy. Find another excuse to be hating on it for no reason.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:29:55 AM by schild »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2001 on: November 09, 2009, 09:33:44 AM

The fact that I'm slogging through rares in the hopefully-final area might tell you something, too... maybe spend some time working out equipment upgrades before you get in there.  I'm not sure if I will have a teleporter at the end of this thing but if I do I'm going to leave and then read up on some equipment spoilers and see about getting some shield better than the Aqueous and maybe some sword that shoots meteors and greek gods out of the tip.  Because, fuck a swarm of homonculi.  Stupid Self Destruct.

Well, I finally beat Last Remnant, and I feel like it was worth the time I put into it, if only Square would have been considerate enough to tell me how much time that was.  I saw all those rares on the way up, but I ended up literally just sprinting through the final dungeon.  I saw a teleporter at the end, but didn't activate it, no clue what it does.  They definately don't hand you the last fight on a platter though, without it being unfair really.  I got him down to almost dead and completely ran out of consumable heals and resses at nearly the same time.  Made it extremely hairy since only one group had the magic based ress.  Did it on the first try at battle rank 80 though.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2002 on: November 10, 2009, 12:40:58 AM

I finished up Muramasa: The Demon Blade, fun game. It's like a super powered NES game in a lot of ways. Played on the harder difficulty, guessing that easy is far too easy. A lot of the fun in the game is mastering the combat and learning to maximize the amount of damage you can do in one juggling sequence.

Starting on Metroid Prime: Trilogy. I've seen my friend play MP1 for about 20 minutes, that's my only exposure to it. About 40 minutes in, so far it's awesome, I wasn't expecting the psuedo-horror vibe at all.

Edit: What's with people playing Last Remnant? Was there a recent Steam sale on it or something?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:43:59 AM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2003 on: November 10, 2009, 08:00:01 AM

After 7 days, support.ea.com still hasn't responded to my help ticket asking why the DA installer crashes every time I try to run it.

So I'm playing NDA and LotRO.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2004 on: November 10, 2009, 08:06:10 AM

Dragon Age with a Human Noble Warrior on normal. Once I'm all done with my first run, I taking a rogue through on hard and then a mage on insane. Probably not in succession, though.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2005 on: November 10, 2009, 09:30:57 AM

Edit: What's with people playing Last Remnant? Was there a recent Steam sale on it or something?

It's more just Yegolev and I being weirdly in sync with our game playing and it being a very long game.  Not a sale so much as the xbox version having been marked way down with the PC release.  Now that I'm done with it, and he's done or nearly done, this is probably the last you'll hear about it for a while.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:36:15 AM by Ard »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2006 on: November 10, 2009, 12:00:58 PM

Hey, look! Dragon Age finally decided to appear in my mailbox.

Poor Borderlands. Though I imagine they'd balance each other well, like GTA4 and Civ4.
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2007 on: November 10, 2009, 01:30:15 PM

(...) Borderlands is waiting with .ini files already configured, but I'll save it for next weekend when I have more time.
... Or that was the plan, but I completely forgot about Dragon Age until it arrived in my mailbox on friday and it has consumed all my free time since then. Whenever I'm finished with it, there's a huge queue of games waiting now, including Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn that cost me over 170 euros on ebay and hopefully is at least halfway as good as all the hype around the internet tells me it is.

edit: typos.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:36:27 PM by jth »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2008 on: November 10, 2009, 01:40:55 PM

Let's see...

WoW. Still trying to get my main to 80!
Fallout 3: Just started it.
Bioshock: About 15% of the way in.
Mass Effect: Still trying, for some reason, to finish up most of the achievements (third playthrough now -- haven't touched it in awhile).
Halo ODST: Mostly firefight with friends, although we're slogging through the campaign on Legendary.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2009 on: November 10, 2009, 10:20:55 PM

Yawn. Usual schildargument on any topic with anyone.

No. The target lock-on was/is shit. The rest of the controls felt loose. Usable but certainly nothing special. Not trolling, either.
Get over it.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2010 on: November 10, 2009, 10:22:47 PM

Yawn. Usual schildargument on any topic with anyone.

No. The target lock-on was/is shit. The rest of the controls felt loose. Usable but certainly nothing special. Not trolling, either.
Get over it.
Your loss, sugar.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2011 on: November 10, 2009, 10:41:34 PM

(...) Borderlands is waiting with .ini files already configured, but I'll save it for next weekend when I have more time.
... Or that was the plan, but I completely forgot about Dragon Age until it arrived in my mailbox on friday and it has consumed all my free time since then. Whenever I'm finished with it, there's a huge queue of games waiting now, including Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn that cost me over 170 euros on ebay and hopefully is at least halfway as good as all the hype around the internet tells me it is.

It's much fun, but 170euros? You are a crazy person. It's not the robot jesus of games, just fun. You could have just bought Orta for the pc or xbox and gotten a port of it.
<edit> my bad, I was thinking of just Panzer Dragoon. Never got the third one for the Saturn.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:43:19 PM by rattran »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2012 on: November 10, 2009, 10:55:15 PM

It's much fun, but 170euros? You are a crazy person. It's not the robot jesus of games, just fun. You could have just bought Orta for the pc or xbox and gotten a port of it.
<edit> my bad, I was thinking of just Panzer Dragoon. Never got the third one for the Saturn.
I can sorta see what prompted it. I've heard so much about Planescape: Torment that I've looked for copies, but never gotten desperate enough to pay the prices I've seen. Although I did drop 40 bucks on the Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 pack (BG1 and 2, with expansions).
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2013 on: November 11, 2009, 01:11:28 AM

I can sorta see what prompted it. I've heard so much about Planescape: Torment that I've looked for copies, but never gotten desperate enough to pay the prices I've seen. Although I did drop 40 bucks on the Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 pack (BG1 and 2, with expansions).
Panzer Dragoon Saga (aka Panzer Dragoon RPG) was never ported to any other console, they even lost the source code so it probably never will. But if I just wanted to play it I probably could have used an emulator. However some time ago I started a game collection project which is at the moment focused on PS1 and Saturn (and at first limited to games I would actually want to play). I expect things to get even more expensive when I get to NES/SNES for example, but I think PDS was probably the most expensive Saturn game out there.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2014 on: November 11, 2009, 01:14:00 AM

NES/SNES will not be more expensive unless you buy certain Famicom games or chase after stupid shit like the 1990 NWC gold carts.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is probably the most expensive game you will ever buy if you join the right communities. Hell, I managed to get a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 NAOMI cartridge for $75 with like 5 other games, so anything is possible.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #2015 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:29 AM

Demon's Souls, Demon's Souls and a bit of Demon's Souls. This game has me I can't resist.
Torchlight, Dragon Age, Uncharted all tried to get me away from it but it's just not possible, I'd start uncharted play for half an hour (having fun, this game is real nice) but then I had to go back to DS.

Maybe if I stop cheesing stuff in DS I'll get bored of dieing like the noob I am.

Also this will be one of the rare game where I'll have to make more than one play thru
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2016 on: November 11, 2009, 08:26:04 AM

League of Legends
Torchlight, just finished it, wasn't very impressed
Dragon Age, casteless Dwarf warrior
TF2 off and on

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2017 on: November 11, 2009, 10:05:47 AM

All Dragon Age, all the time.

I log into WoW every day or two just to make sure I haven't been hacked.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2018 on: November 11, 2009, 01:17:14 PM

One of my mates worked on that.  He's now playing it and he keeps getting his ass kicked by levels he helped design.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2019 on: November 11, 2009, 01:52:17 PM

This should indicate how much real time I have had to play games lately. I just finished assassins creed, and Uncharted. Apparently, I had enough content left for about 4 hours of play!

Anyway, those are finished.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2020 on: November 11, 2009, 08:03:33 PM

We should have a thread named "So, what aren't you playing?"

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2021 on: November 12, 2009, 05:20:42 AM

Or "What haven't you finished yet".

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2022 on: November 12, 2009, 05:26:09 AM

I log into WoW every day or two just to make sure I haven't been hacked.  awesome, for real
Pretty much this; I log on once a day for ~40 mins to run the daily heroic with guildies. I played Borderlands for a bit in coop mode (got up to the Roid Rage Psycho dude), but then Dragon Age hit the virtual shelves, and that was that.  why so serious?

I still haven't finished DA, it's a combination of not much free time + long, long game.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2023 on: November 12, 2009, 03:46:03 PM

Made an upgrade to windows 7, and lets just say I'm becoming a fan of consoles.

Edit:  And less of a fan of Sacred 2 and Fallout 3, two known buggy titles.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 03:58:36 PM by ghost »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2024 on: November 12, 2009, 04:03:35 PM

TorchED  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2025 on: November 12, 2009, 10:10:24 PM

Playing Battlezone : Red Oddessy (really old game) and getting my ass clobbered on easy  awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #2026 on: November 15, 2009, 06:11:02 PM

Finally rose above the challenge of being a take my time, explore everything gamer with ADD and finished Risen. Good timing as Amazon has Dragon Age at 40 bucks tonight  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
While I wait on the super saver shipping, I'll blast through Modern Warfare 2, see if I feel like finishing Borderlands, and muck around with the Overlord pack I picked up with the Steam sale. Still rotating in Demon's Souls every few nights as well.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2027 on: November 15, 2009, 06:21:08 PM

Dragon Age, and whenever there's a fleet fight, Eve Online. I tried doing both at the same time (sitting in a POS as a AFK Wing Commander) but it stated to overheat my video card. Dragon Age wins that argument.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2028 on: November 16, 2009, 11:36:57 AM

Just got back from vacation, but getting back into it.

Actually played since Sunday:
Dragon Age
Atelier Annie

In the queue, maybe tonight:
Torchlight (will attempt to locate TorchED and play that)
GTA: San Andreas

Played before I left:
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Dragon Age
GTA: San Andreas
Atelier Annie
Mana Khemia 2

I may finish up Last Remnant but so far it's not looking good.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2029 on: November 16, 2009, 12:05:06 PM

Actually played since Sunday:
Atelier Annie

How is this, aside from it being for girls and not either of us?

I may finish up Last Remnant but so far it's not looking good.

Just man up and run through the last dungeon and get it done.  If I can do it, you can do it.

Spent last week finishing up games that don't have 80 hour gameplay times. 
Beat Uncharted 1, two years late to the party. 
Beat Torchlight on normal like a pussy, calling it good for now. 
Working on Ratchet and Clank:  Crack in Time. 
Started up Little King's Story, this might have been a horrible, horrible, soul eating mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: