Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:02:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1102895 times)
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5250 on: January 12, 2015, 07:10:32 PM

That's me! Shitting up the stats!

I was just in an urban map with it with tanks 2 tiers above me. I really had no idea WTF I could do to help my team. I've tried scouting in the previous game, but then my 3 teammates on that flank just sat back about 2km and waited to die. My following game was in the Locust I with the exact same situation... urban map with tanks 2 tiers higher.

In that kind of situation you can team up with a heavy tank on your side.  Use him as cover and jump out and take your shots while the enemy tank is reloading.  You can shoot his tracks if you can't pen his armor.  If you think it is clear you can rush behind him to shoot him in the side or rear.  That puts the enemy tank in a bad situation where he has to put up with your shots in the rear or turn his turret to get you.  Once he does this his weak turret armor is exposed to the friendly heavy.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5251 on: January 13, 2015, 05:21:21 PM

Thanks Brolan, I'll give that a try.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5252 on: January 18, 2015, 10:48:43 AM

Congratulations!
For successful completion of the operation you receive a reward:
Premium days added: 3

Vehicles added: WZ-111

Slots added: 1

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #5253 on: January 22, 2015, 01:27:41 PM

Special for this weekend is not terrible

Missions & Rewards
Pulling Your Weight

Place in the top 10 XP earners on your team.

Reward: + 30% Credit Increase

Random battles only
Repeatable
Regular vehicles only
Top Contributions

Place in the top 3 XP earners on your team.

Reward:+ 40% Credit Increase (Does stack with prior mission reward, total: + 70% Credit increase)

Random battles only
Repeatable
Regular vehicles only

Possibility to make some very decent silver on this. Pity it doesn't allow prems though. Daddy needs about 50m to buy everything he has unlocked.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5254 on: January 22, 2015, 01:30:17 PM

Regular tier 6-8 make decent money and will be the sweet spot for the special.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5255 on: January 22, 2015, 02:01:24 PM

Decent mission indeed.  Shame I won't be able to play much.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5256 on: January 24, 2015, 04:54:31 PM

Almost my first Kolobanov's

If I had waited to kill the KV-4, I would have had it! Settled for Pascucci's, Top Gun, and High Caliber. Kicking and screaming, I drag them to victory.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5257 on: January 25, 2015, 06:14:56 PM

Oooooo, purdy.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5258 on: January 26, 2015, 01:44:45 PM

Nice!  I am still way short. on SPG-14 and that is my highest.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5259 on: January 26, 2015, 01:59:06 PM

Nice!  I am still way short. on SPG-14 and that is my highest.

I've decided to do lt, med, heavy, and td with honors.  I'll get my free tank in 2018.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5260 on: January 26, 2015, 04:31:27 PM

Yeah I am doing all of them with honors. I may have a problem. Or be on some sort of spectrum.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5261 on: January 26, 2015, 09:38:19 PM

Screw that honors noise. Its just an extra 40k silver or so and is a giant pain in the ass. Only honors that matter are on -15 mission in each category to get the 5th commendation so you only have to do 4 lines (lights are a pain) although I did do all 5 to get a full female crew for a 5-crew tank.

BTW, I dumped clan so should be marginally more available for toons (doing Skirmish this week though so will be tied up 7-8:30 or so Pacific).

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5262 on: January 26, 2015, 10:18:24 PM

Screw that honors noise. Its just an extra 40k silver or so and is a giant pain in the ass. Only honors that matter are on -15 mission in each category to get the 5th commendation so you only have to do 4 lines (lights are a pain) although I did do all 5 to get a full female crew for a 5-crew tank.

BTW, I dumped clan so should be marginally more available for toons (doing Skirmish this week though so will be tied up 7-8:30 or so Pacific).

I'm doing it because I don't really want to play arty and am in no hurry.

Let's toon up more.  I enjoy the company.

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5263 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:59 PM

The 8-bit winter event started today. The crews start out at 100% and after the event the crews get retrained for free into a T110E5, Foch, and whatever the fuck the highest tier russian light is. With the missions the crew training rate is crazy. If you platoon and win you can make insane XP. QuickyBaby has a video up about it and calculated it out over 125 battles and it works out to to like 12,000 xp per crewman. I've been putting other crews in there and getting a good amount of training done. With the mechanics of the game it doesn't even matter how big a skill hit you take putting in crews from other vehicle types.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5264 on: January 28, 2015, 07:39:28 PM

I think you are missing a digit (or two) there as I just got 53,000 xp for one crewman in one battle when I completed the first 25 game mission (26.5k and he was doubled)

I wish the WN8 counted. I just had a 66,000 WN8 game in my Mammoth.

-H.L. Mencken
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #5265 on: January 29, 2015, 08:30:27 AM

Ran into Way last night.  I was driving my hated tank, the SU-152.  I'm really struggling with that tank and the stock gun.  After "upgrading" from the SU-100, which was wonderful, the SU-152 feels like such a letdown.  The gun accuracy in particular is infuriating.  Right now, I'm grinding out as stock; still need treads even, I just don't have the will to play that tank.  Any advice from people who have driven this thing and succeeded? 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5266 on: January 29, 2015, 09:52:45 AM

If accuracy is your thing, you're pretty much fucked till you get into the 268, and even then its never been the russian strong suite.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5267 on: January 29, 2015, 11:14:24 AM

Winter 8bit mode also very good for credits for those of us without a premium 8 tank or premium account. When make personal and platoon damage amount it was over 22k per battle. Was able to do that over 75% of the time. About 10 battles per hour (solo faster) and 250k bonus credits every 25 games (only 5 times though).

To me it is a shame that winning has no effect on exp or credits at all. For maximum grinding rate that means get your damage and suicide out. Stupid play that decreases fun.

Be sure to check accelerated crew experience. I put mentor on my mammoth commander at very start for even faster crew exp but that means will have to reskill when event is over. Think I am at 98% of second skill after 77 games. Half were solo and half platooned.

Another tip, with 1000 penetration on 25 armor, aiming is not important. Use auto aim on stationary tanks. With other mechanics not a factor in this mode like angling and hull down the difference between a green player and purple is quite small but still lots of terrible red players.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5268 on: January 29, 2015, 02:20:04 PM

Ran into Way last night.  I was driving my hated tank, the SU-152.  I'm really struggling with that tank and the stock gun.  After "upgrading" from the SU-100, which was wonderful, the SU-152 feels like such a letdown.  The gun accuracy in particular is infuriating.  Right now, I'm grinding out as stock; still need treads even, I just don't have the will to play that tank.  Any advice from people who have driven this thing and succeeded?  

Do your best until you get the big gun, then just use your invisibility cloak to murder tanks that will never see you coming.

In other news- can we call this a carry? I had saddle sores afterwards.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:25:30 PM by WayAbvPar »

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5269 on: January 29, 2015, 06:11:16 PM

I tell you, tourneys are where it is at for gold, screw clan wars. Did the Skirmish 4 with some guys who are good (but not unicums) and we went undefeated through group play with only 2 of the 21 games even being marginally close. 5k gold for finishing in the top 10 percent of the field and it paid all the way down to the top 50% which a drunk monkey could land in, now there will be 3 days of playoffs to try to win another 5k gold. They have these things every week. 

I played with guys from Fusion who got in trouble for playing in the tourney because it conflicts with CW. Thinking about getting together a core group of people who want to tourney.  Anyone here feel free to let me know if you are interested. No guarantee I will put it together as at heart I am a giant flake, but may try to pull it off for a tourney or two.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5270 on: January 29, 2015, 07:24:43 PM

I would be down as soon as I finish these goddamned Stug missions. 3/5 lines I am stuck on platooning games.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5271 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:53 PM

I would be down as soon as I finish these goddamned Stug missions. 3/5 lines I am stuck on platooning games.

Ugh fuck. There are missions in there that you have to platoon for?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5272 on: January 29, 2015, 10:29:13 PM

A couple on each line.

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5273 on: January 29, 2015, 11:08:07 PM

Just thought I'd post a video that really shows how to effectively use bushes for camouflage.  I actually learned quite a but from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzchZrC3QY
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5274 on: January 30, 2015, 12:07:45 PM

I tell you, tourneys are where it is at for gold, screw clan wars.
Making gold in Skirmishes is so much easier than it used to be. I was in the first ever skirmish back in April of 2012. We lost to 3 to 2 against SIMP in the semi finals and got just 1000 gold. On the way we beat Fate's Chosen, with Commander_Jay, and Cazadores who went on to the first Gold league later. 5 days of play to make just 1000 gold and if you lost a match before the semi's you got 0 gold.

After having not played a skirmish in over a year I did the last skirmish of  last year. Went 11 wins, 8 losses, 2 ties in the round robins and got 750 gold. Then just had to show up on Friday playoff to lose against the purple team to get another 250 gold. So less than 50% win rate for 1000 gold. Got 1250 gold in 1st skirmish of this year with equally poor performance (missed 1000 gold by 1 point and lost 3 game by capping including to a team with no other wins but won Friday playoff match). I could not play next skirmish but team made 3000 after winning just 3 of first 6 games on day 1.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5275 on: January 30, 2015, 04:32:46 PM

Interesting special this weekend.  This is the first time I know of that they changed the cost of converting regular exp to free experience.  35xp per gold instead of 25xp.  I predict Wargaming collects a lot of money this weekend.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5276 on: January 31, 2015, 10:07:25 AM

Just thought I'd post a video that really shows how to effectively use bushes for camouflage.  I actually learned quite a but from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzchZrC3QY

Wow, thanks for posting - a really simple technique, that most people probably don't understand. Including myself, up to now.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #5277 on: January 31, 2015, 03:02:54 PM

There is a mod that draws a 15m circle around your tank that you can use to measure the distance precisely.

Strazos

Reply #5278 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:22 PM

And I do use it...but perhaps not as well as I could be.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5279 on: February 01, 2015, 06:56:06 AM

Jesus. All these fucking mods for shit. I feel great about my score now because I never bothered after my first trial with xvm since it was such a pain in the ass   

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos

Reply #5280 on: February 01, 2015, 07:39:59 AM

I think the vast majority of mods we use (or at least, that I use) are just Quality of Life mods - different score displays, more tank rows, female tankers (before they really existed), sound packs.

The 15m circle is just a bit of a shortcut, as aiming through the bushes can tell you whether you're stealthed or not.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #5281 on: February 06, 2015, 02:11:19 PM

Excelsior

5,599   (x3)  43,525 

Battle achievements Top Gun, Steel Wall, Radley-Walters's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Crew Exp: 8 398 
     Repairs: 436 
     Ammunition: 42 896 

Total: 193     WN8: 4 925 (100)   

Not bad for a tank I got from a free code  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

WayAbvPar

Reply #5282 on: February 17, 2015, 01:30:54 PM

Posted this on SA, but it is too hilarious not to share.

Holy fucking shit, pubbies are just unbelievably stupid.

Northwest, South spawn in my FV304. I am too busy clicking the map and accidentally run into a T67, doing 10 hp of damage to myself and none to him (because he stopped like a retard, but that is besides the point). I drive past and get set up down the hill. He bitches about my harmless ram in chat and then takes a run at me down the hill, ramming me for 40 points. Instead of calling that good, he starts backing up to do it again.

So I blew him up.

He spent the rest of the game just howling about it. I told him not to pick fights he can't win. But WGA is going to send me a warning, because *reasons*.

Honestly...what the everloving fuck? Yes, I rammed him accidentally, and did no damage (except to his fragile psyche). I seriously don't understand/

The kicker is I added him to my Friends list so I could keep an eye out for him and taunt him further if necessary. Halfway through my next battle I get a message that he has been removed from my Friends list...so he blacklisted me like 10 minutes later  awesome, for real

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5283 on: February 17, 2015, 01:47:52 PM

Did everyone stop playing?  I rarely see anyone but Way on any more.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5284 on: February 17, 2015, 01:50:00 PM

Yeah I don't see any of the old crew any more. Aba is either out of town or dead...haven't seen him on for several days.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: