Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1102894 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4830 on: July 24, 2014, 02:27:24 PM

I'm decent in the su-100. Its the su-101 that I suck at.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4831 on: July 30, 2014, 04:31:48 PM

Hey Aba... where are you?

Victory!
Battle: Windstorm
Vehicle: IS-6
Experience received: 4,404 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 145,383
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Mission completed! Reward:
Added: Large Repair Kit (x2)

5530 damage, 4 kills, and... ZERO damage taken.  So troll.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4832 on: July 30, 2014, 04:44:17 PM

And you told me that thing won't pen anything!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4833 on: July 30, 2014, 05:08:29 PM

And you told me that thing won't pen anything!

I never said that... and gold spam is win!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4834 on: July 30, 2014, 05:12:47 PM

Nice match.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4835 on: July 30, 2014, 05:48:34 PM

Bleh, hate having to configure all the mods after a patch. Can never seem to replicate what I had.  Can't get session stats up at all and the spotted tanks function is different.  Maybe OMC hasn't been able to bring in all the updated mods yet.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4836 on: July 31, 2014, 11:03:21 AM

Yeah I am holding off until tomorrow to even try. In the AA beta (which is pretty fun so far), so I can kill a night while I wait for everyone to get the mods straightened out. I just need to remember to copy my xvm.conf before I overwrite it and have to hack it back together like I usually do  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4837 on: August 01, 2014, 11:14:02 AM

Vehicles added: SU-85I

Whew, that was a bit brutal.

Anyways, the description is crappy on the 1.5 credits deal. Makes it look like you can only get it once a day. It is actually once per tank per day so lots of credits flowing this weekend along with the other missions.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4838 on: August 01, 2014, 11:16:38 AM

Nice job on that mission.  Brutal indeed.

I'm debating when I want to log on today.  I want to play my 5x before prime time to avoid the idiots going for the LTP, but also would like to do the LTP mission.  Decisions decisions. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4839 on: August 01, 2014, 02:06:41 PM

Vehicles added: SU-85I

Whew, that was a bit brutal.

Anyways, the description is crappy on the 1.5 credits deal. Makes it look like you can only get it once a day. It is actually once per tank per day so lots of credits flowing this weekend along with the other missions.

Between the 1.5x credits per tank and the today only mission for the Tetrarch, I am going to be grinding my butt off from about 1800 PDT. I figure 5x 9s and 10s should get me to 40k pretty quickly. Provided I can win a few games, that is.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4840 on: August 01, 2014, 02:25:54 PM

Between the 1.5x credits per tank and the today only mission for the Tetrarch, I am going to be grinding my butt off from about 1800 PDT. I figure 5x 9s and 10s should get me to 40k pretty quickly. Provided I can win a few games, that is.

It's for the LTP (or 850 gold if you already have it).

I'm probably going to do the same.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4841 on: August 01, 2014, 02:30:16 PM

Ah ok. I knew it was Soviet light that I already owned  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4842 on: August 02, 2014, 03:22:57 AM

Every so often I think I'd like to have a game or 2 of this, then I have to sit through the goddawfully long patching process, and by the time its over I no longer want to play.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4843 on: August 02, 2014, 12:02:05 PM

Every so often I think I'd like to have a game or 2 of this, then I have to sit through the goddawfully long patching process, and by the time its over I no longer want to play.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Shame.  It's a very good pvp game.  No matter what other games I play, I always seem to come back to tanks for the game play and depth.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4844 on: August 02, 2014, 04:32:57 PM

And to hear me string random profanities together at the top of my voice as another bunch of tomatoes pisses an easy win away?

I just can't believe how many people with multiple 1000s of games played are just SO. FUCKING. BAD. at this game. You'd think they would pick some skills up accidentally, or get curious about why they can't win more than 45% of their games and actually try to learn something about the game mechanics. Nope! Just drive forward and get killed first, or hide in a corner or get killed last- anything but being somewhere that might prove useful to their team.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4845 on: August 02, 2014, 04:46:50 PM

Everytime I log on to play a quick game or two it puts me on the shitty NA West server where my ping is fucked and I don't realise til two games in. Grates.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4846 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:06 AM

I had a 11k win8 game last night. Then we lost. Tier 5 is amazing . It really teaches you not to depend on your team but you can still carry hard.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4847 on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:03 AM

Just played a tier 6 game where our KV-1S sat in the same place and did nothing the entire match. Near the end, I asked him to do something. He complained that he couldn't pen anything. I told him that if he couldn't pen tiers 4-6 with a KV-1S that this probably wasn't the game for him. Then he said something else in retardese and exploded to end the match. My last comment was to ask him to try it again in English.

After the match, he PM'ed me (I didn't even have to go troll him...he came to me, which was very helpful). Our entire conversation is captured below-

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4848 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:43 AM

Everytime I log on to play a quick game or two it puts me on the shitty NA West server where my ping is fucked and I don't realise til two games in. Grates.

OMC modpack has a 'remember prefered server' option, along with autologin.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4849 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:40 AM

I had a 11k win8 game last night. Then we lost. Tier 5 is amazing . It really teaches you not to depend on your team but you can still carry hard.

It's wonderful to have you around to carry me when Abagadro isn't on. 

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4850 on: August 04, 2014, 11:49:28 AM

Just played a tier 6 game where our KV-1S sat in the same place and did nothing the entire match. Near the end, I asked him to do something. He complained that he couldn't pen anything. I told him that if he couldn't pen tiers 4-6 with a KV-1S that this probably wasn't the game for him. Then he said something else in retardese and exploded to end the match. My last comment was to ask him to try it again in English.

After the match, he PM'ed me (I didn't even have to go troll him...he came to me, which was very helpful). Our entire conversation is captured below-

Well he is right, your Elgish is awful, Mr. Lmaoo.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4851 on: August 04, 2014, 12:46:18 PM

OMC modpack has a 'remember prefered server' option, along with autologin.

Thanks Engels, I'll check it out.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4852 on: August 04, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

Man they have made arty frustrating (shows how shitty the xp is when I get an ace with 1400), but sometimes it is pretty fun. El Halluf Encounter ended up 2 arty v. their 3 arty, killed all three of them on the cap plus one other during the game:

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4853 on: August 04, 2014, 10:17:07 PM

Oh shit I didn't know there was a CB medal now!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4854 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:09 AM

Played for the first time in a while this weekend and was confused by El Halluf. I miss the hill already.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4855 on: August 05, 2014, 07:45:29 PM

If anyone needs gold, Target is running a buy one game card and get one at 25% off.  Two game cards at $25 comes out to $43.75 for 12500 gold.  That's 285 gold per $1.  It's only through the week/weekend and is "in store" only. 

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4856 on: August 07, 2014, 12:18:07 AM

I just had the oddest night ever... I won every match... 14 in a row. (I mean sure, I was carried by Engels and Nebu in a couple of them....)

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4857 on: August 07, 2014, 07:22:49 AM

I just had the oddest night ever... I won every match... 14 in a row. (I mean sure, I was carried by Engels and Nebu in a couple of them....)

I'm not surprised at all.  You've been playing well lately.  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:50:55 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4858 on: August 07, 2014, 10:11:55 AM

Sorry  I wasn't there to mitigate all the success  awesome, for real

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4859 on: August 09, 2014, 04:55:29 PM

I wish to have internet and eventually rejoin all of you.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4860 on: August 10, 2014, 08:45:26 PM

Its the su-101 that I suck at.

While being fully aware of your opinion of my opinions regarding World of Tanks (and everything else) I have to say the SU-101 looks cool but is objectively horrible in almost every other way. It's like driving an SU-76 again.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4861 on: August 10, 2014, 08:51:42 PM

I agree it looks pretty boss but its performance doesn't match.  I semi-figured it out towards the end of the grind for that mission. 

These Stronghold matches are pretty fun. Like CW matches without the same level of stakes. Good practice of clan coordination too. We've smashed Villain and -G- in a couple of them (and been smashed back).  In other news, apparently HAVOK has collapsed.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4862 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:26 PM

In other news, apparently HAVOK has collapsed.

There is talk that quite a few people have left Relic as well.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4863 on: August 11, 2014, 10:17:34 AM

When did Morgan leave g?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4864 on: August 12, 2014, 03:21:18 PM

Morgan was in G? You mean J. And he left about a month or so ago. Claimed not enough time for CW, but I suspect he was tired of Shade's shit.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: