Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1102956 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4795 on: July 03, 2014, 03:04:30 PM

It's about as fun as Algebra.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4796 on: July 03, 2014, 03:50:39 PM

It's about as fun as Algebra.

Yeah, I tried playing tanks in WT and I just didn't like it.  I enjoy the game play of WoT much more.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4797 on: July 03, 2014, 03:54:01 PM

For me the issue with War Thunder tanks is the visibility issue. I guess my eyes aren't what they were, but the mini map pixels for tank location information, along side the obstructing foliage is enough for me to have given up on this game just a bit past tier 2.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4798 on: July 03, 2014, 06:53:41 PM

For me the issue with War Thunder tanks is the visibility issue. I guess my eyes aren't what they were, but the mini map pixels for tank location information, along side the obstructing foliage is enough for me to have given up on this game just a bit past tier 2.

Yeah, the minimap was bad at release, they've since patched it and it's much easier to read now. The foliage thing is a bigger problem though since you're missing most of the info you need to hit. Even though there's no "steath" in this game it works out better I think. Even if you can't directly spot a tank, there's so much noise and smoke you can get a good general idea. Plus, camo actually works like camo in obscuring targets into the terrain and foliage. In arcade it's not a problem because you just wiggle your crosshairs over your target until you get green or yellow like in Baby's First Tank Game. Realistic and Sim though it's huge. You need to see the tank to accurately gauge range to adjust your aim. You can estimate with the minimap, but that's not terribly accurate and you have little idea of how much or the tank is out of cover. Being the first to hit in this game is huge after tier 2.5. The guns that start appearing really wreck a tank in one shot if they don't outright destroy it. Ammo plays a big role too. Using ammo that penetrates too much will just go in one side of the tank and out the other, not really hurting much, if anything.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4799 on: July 03, 2014, 09:45:37 PM

I think Lee Carvallo's Tanking Challenge has its very own thread.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4800 on: July 04, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

Boo hoo. Sorry to have shit up your thread with something other than crying about how bad everyone else is at this game. I thought as much as you qas on about skill and strategy that maybe you'd be interested in a game that requires them. But that's probably that algebra-like stuff you don't like.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:26:15 AM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4801 on: July 04, 2014, 10:43:18 AM

I just wanted to make a Lee Carvallo joke.

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4802 on: July 04, 2014, 11:47:55 AM

I thought as much as you qas on about skill and strategy that maybe you'd be interested in a game that requires them.

It also has to be fun.  WT tanks weren't fun for me and I'm guessing for others.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4803 on: July 05, 2014, 12:21:20 PM

E50-M is next on track if you want to train some crews/buy some equipment to do it this weekend while they are on sale.

-H.L. Mencken
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4804 on: July 05, 2014, 01:39:34 PM

I thought as much as you qas on about skill and strategy that maybe you'd be interested in a game that requires them.

It also has to be fun.  WT tanks weren't fun for me and I'm guessing for others.

I had to reinstall my pc from the ground up and didn't bother to reload either game.  If I get the urge for tank driving at some point in the future, I'll probably DL WoT, mostly because I have vehicles at every tier I can drive but also because I found it a lot more fun to play.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4805 on: July 07, 2014, 06:33:48 PM

Shit. Got all geared up for the 50m on track including buying three tanks only to discover they eliminated the credit bonus which is one of the main incentives to play the mission. 

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4806 on: July 07, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

Shit. Got all geared up for the 50m on track including buying three tanks only to discover they eliminated the credit bonus which is one of the main incentives to play the mission. 

They've been howling about it on the forums.  Then again, they howl about most everything.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4807 on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:00 PM

The bean counters probably realized people were not buying as much gold or something.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4808 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:11 PM

The bean counters probably realized people were not buying as much gold or something.

It's because you quit playing so much.  You messed up the entire economy.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4809 on: July 10, 2014, 08:23:49 AM

Great news about 9.2:

Komarin will now appear only for low tier tanks

While the changes made it a little better, I will not miss this map.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4810 on: July 10, 2014, 09:23:47 AM

It is probably fine for Tier 5 and below. It is when you have giant alpha TDs lurking everywhere that is becomes unfun and unplayable.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4811 on: July 10, 2014, 10:46:51 AM

Are patch notes out?  Can't seem to find any.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4812 on: July 10, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4813 on: July 10, 2014, 12:36:14 PM

Unlocked the T57 Heavy this morning with a monster T54E1 round this morning before work. Flitted from flank to flank like an avenging angel and magdumped on people. I am going to miss grinding that tank- I gotta keep it around. I think I will probably put my T110E5 crew into my T57 Heavy, buy a new crew for the E5, and then dump them into my T34 to grind them into usefulness. Not having 6th sense is going to suck though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4814 on: July 10, 2014, 12:37:36 PM

Not having 6th sense is going to suck though.

I agree.  I finally got 6th sense on my tier 7 German TD.  Getting there without it (or any TD for that matter) was painful.

-  Mark Twain
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4815 on: July 10, 2014, 03:04:26 PM

Great news about 9.2:

Komarin will now appear only for low tier tanks

While the changes made it a little better, I will not miss this map.
They have redone Kamarin a number of times. The first time they changed it they put in the tank guards to entering the middle island. In low tier battles were times no tank on the team could knock them down to get on the island. With the most recent updates is it still this way?

This coming weekend they have the special where you earn something for killing a German tank while in a Soviet tank and vice versa. Last weekend they had American and British sides because of the 4th of July independence holiday. I had 82 matches over the weekend and I think nearly half of them would have been in American tanks over tier 5 but never once got the reward. I think the big problem was a lack of British tanks and the German versus Soviet should go better but I am wondering how many people actually got the 1 day of premium reward for 50 killed British tanks while driving an American tank tier 4 or higher?
WayAbvPar

Reply #4816 on: July 10, 2014, 04:19:00 PM

I didn't play a ton, but I only got rewards (cola and tea or whatever the Brits got) a handful of times. That reminds me-  I need to add cola to my 53 55 crew in place of a first aid kit or something.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4817 on: July 10, 2014, 05:37:53 PM

Speaking of which, can anyone provide a guideline for when to use consumables other than the 'holy trinity'?  By that, I mean med kit, repair kit, and fire extinguisher.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4818 on: July 10, 2014, 05:56:22 PM

I put gas into a couple of tanks that rely upon getting to a good spot fast and being able to retreat fast. The FV304 for instance. I usually replace the first aid kit in all my arty with food for the bonus and its rare you ever lose a crew and survive in an arty.  I've also started running auto-extinguishers in everything.

-H.L. Mencken
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4819 on: July 11, 2014, 09:36:51 AM

Hope nobody ground up to the wafflethrower!  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
WayAbvPar

Reply #4820 on: July 11, 2014, 09:39:45 AM

Hope nobody ground up to the wafflethrower!  awesome, for real

I should be unlocking the Tier X right about the same time the patch hits. Natch.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4821 on: July 11, 2014, 09:44:05 AM

I don't think shorter reload with 5 shells will be that big of a deal honestly. It drops the DPM but that doesn't tell the whole story. That tank is about limiting exposure so I rarely am able to clip off 6 shots in a row anyways. I constantly have to manually reload the thing with 1 or 2 shells like because I have popped out, killed a tank in 4 or 5 shots and then popped back. I can't pull back out with just one shell so "C" it is.   It's rare for that 6th shell to be meaningful in my experience.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4822 on: July 11, 2014, 09:55:11 AM

I don't think shorter reload with 5 shells will be that big of a deal honestly. It drops the DPM but that doesn't tell the whole story. That tank is about limiting exposure so I rarely am able to clip off 6 shots in a row anyways. I constantly have to manually reload the thing with 1 or 2 shells like because I have popped out, killed a tank in 4 or 5 shots and then popped back. I can't pull back out with just one shell so "C" it is.   It's rare for that 6th shell to be meaningful in my experience.

I actually think it's a buff to the Waffle for most good players.  Less dispersion, less bloom on moving, and a faster clip reload.  The waffle will still be able to kill all but a couple of tier 10 heavies in a single clip. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4823 on: July 11, 2014, 10:15:36 AM

I do the same thing with my E1, but since it only has 4 shots I usually magdump and then fuck off. I will usually eat one shot to deliver 4. I imagine I will play the WTF similarly, but from a longer range.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4824 on: July 11, 2014, 11:12:25 AM

I actually think they upped the dispersion:

Waffenträger auf E 100:

Movement dispersion for Waffenträger auf E 100 suspension increased by 25%
Dispersion on hull traverse for Waffenträger auf E 100 suspension increased by 25%
Reload time for 12.8cm Kanone L/61 gun for Waffenträger auf E 100 turret changed from 60 s to 52 s
Magazine shell quantity for 12.8cm Kanone L/61 gun for Waffenträger auf E 100 turret changed from 6 to 5

Overall it is a pretty significant nerf to everything but the reload time.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4825 on: July 11, 2014, 11:26:52 AM

I actually think they upped the dispersion:

Waffenträger auf E 100:

Movement dispersion for Waffenträger auf E 100 suspension increased by 25%
Dispersion on hull traverse for Waffenträger auf E 100 suspension increased by 25%
Reload time for 12.8cm Kanone L/61 gun for Waffenträger auf E 100 turret changed from 60 s to 52 s
Magazine shell quantity for 12.8cm Kanone L/61 gun for Waffenträger auf E 100 turret changed from 6 to 5

Overall it is a pretty significant nerf to everything but the reload time.

You're correct.  I think I saw old supertest notes.... or I was just plain wrong.

I think the better players will still do well.  The faster reload will matter more to them than the loss of a shell in their clip.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:34:37 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4826 on: July 11, 2014, 01:47:05 PM

I unlocked it about two weeks ago and have taken it out a total of 4 times. Its a wierd tank. Satisfying in small gloriously orgasmic moments, a life of living in fear for the rest of the time.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4827 on: July 11, 2014, 07:17:08 PM

Sounds like an American tank and you're just spoiled by having ground-out the German line before unlocking it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4828 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:45 AM

Heh, we were just talking last night how hard Pool's are to get. Had this one today:

Victory!

Map: Ruinberg
Vehicle: SU-100
Exp: 4,170 (x2 for the first victory each day)  Credits: 40,314
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Reaper, Master Gunner, Pool's Medal, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4829 on: July 24, 2014, 01:20:02 PM

... and in a tank you claim to not be good in.  You're a monster!

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: