Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:38:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1102934 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #4445 on: February 28, 2014, 12:01:34 PM

No need. You are at or beyond my level already and I am far from the worst player in CWs. ESPECIALLY the dregs you see in landing tournaments.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4446 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:51 PM

You seem to be there by your recent stats.  In looking at your stuff I think the main problem will be your lack of t10 tanks. With tank-locking you really need a decent stable of 10s you can rotate through as they get locked or you won't make it into many matches.  Mediums get locked for 5 days and heavies for 3 1/2 days if they are destroyed in a land battle. Won't matter for landing tourneys but once you get into battles to take stuff it becomes huge. When we were attacked by 5 different clans at once we basically were ground down as much by tank locking as anything.   

Good place to start would be an active CW clan that likes to fight in landing tourneys up in Canada.  Those matches often use tier 9s and even tier 8s. You would get a good flavor of what it is about but there wouldn't be much pressure.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4447 on: February 28, 2014, 01:57:09 PM

Thanks guys.  I'm actually buying a AMX 50B today and nearing my E100 and T57 soon.  I'll keep working on my other 9's and see if I can get involved.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4448 on: February 28, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

I concurr with Aba that its more about having a handful of useful 10s to play with.

Here is a list of Reddit tanks rankings, a score of 10 being the most desireable:

Damien's Tank Rankings
Tank   Rank
Bat 25t   10
Conq GC   10
Foch 50 155   10
WTE100   10
E100   9
Obj 140   9
T110E5   9
T57   9
T62A   9
Obj 261   8
50B   7
FV215b 183   7
Bat 155 58   6
GWE100   6
IS4   6
IS7   6
Leo 1   6
Obj 268   6
STB1   6
T110E3   6
T110E4   6
T92   6
C113   5
C121   5
E50M   5
Obj 430   5
Obj 907   5
FV215b   3
M48A1   2
M60   2
Obj 263   2
FV4202   1
JPE100   1
Maus   1
VK7201   1

Its a bit outdated due to TD nerfs and in my opinion a bit biased in some regards (the patton isn't THAT bad), but there you go.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4449 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:48 PM

Ya, we've pretty much dropped the 155 since the nerf. Using a lot of 268s instead.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4450 on: February 28, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

Having a T62, 110E5, 50B, E100 and T57 should be a solid start then.  I'll get to finishing a few 9's.

Thanks guys

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4451 on: February 28, 2014, 04:20:26 PM

I keep hearing that people are using the M53/55 instead of the T92. A thousand years ago when I started grinding that line, it was because the T92 was easily the most sought after CW arty  Heartbreak

I guess the good news is I am already done with the grind if the M53/55 is indeed better...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4452 on: February 28, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

That is what we use. Faster reload time.

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4453 on: February 28, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

T92 has such crazy scatter now you can't rely on getting any damage.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4454 on: February 28, 2014, 05:56:29 PM

Get the 140 over the 62a if you can.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4455 on: February 28, 2014, 06:43:20 PM

Get the 140 over the 62a if you can.

Ok.  Thanks.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4456 on: March 01, 2014, 02:19:15 AM

A -G- ventured into the world of random pubbie team battles with amazing results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcuR7t6L7n4

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4457 on: March 01, 2014, 03:57:13 AM

A -G- ventured into the world of random pubbie team battles with amazing results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcuR7t6L7n4

Just goes to show that at a certain level, win rates actually do matter and can determine if you are a shit player or not. 
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4458 on: March 01, 2014, 09:04:45 AM

That video is like a microcosm of mankind.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4459 on: March 01, 2014, 06:35:13 PM

That video is like a microcosm of mankind.
I ... I just... I... wtf... ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
WayAbvPar

Reply #4460 on: March 01, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

I will just paste my ticket to support to explain-

User Bada_Big_Boom clipped his gun into my arty (S-51) so that when I fired, the shell hit his barrel and blew my arty up. I knew instantly what had happened (I have heard of it before), so I watched him as he drove across the map and did it to our other arty piece (GW Tiger P). Despite my warnings, the GW TP fired and was killed as well.

This is obviously not the first time he has done this, but perhaps the first time he has been reported/caught. Not only is it team killing, it is exploiting a known weakness in the game engine to do it. This is absolutely unacceptable and this account should be permanently banned.

Please see attached replay. Thank you in advance for your quick and final response to this.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4461 on: March 02, 2014, 06:51:23 AM

Oh for fuck's sake - I suppose he's one of those troglodytes who think arty is "gay"?

I finally broke down and free XP'd to the tier 6 UK arty...and boy is it fun. Doesn't have the sort of overwhelming power I'm accustomed to with my US arty pieces, but it's fast and accurate. I really pissed off a Tiger II because apparently arty is "LAME," after I repeatedly hit him when he was "in rocks."

I was kind enough to point out to him that, at least from my angle, he was totally in the open, and had ample time to move to safety - I hit him with 5 direct hits plus an unknown number of splashes, but apparently I was the bad player.

why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4462 on: March 02, 2014, 08:29:43 AM

I just re-bought the T-54 today.  This was my first game in it in months. awesome, for real

http://wotreplays.com/site/652645#live_oaks-jinaz-t-54
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4463 on: March 03, 2014, 02:41:48 PM

Soooo...FV304.

Much Fun.

So Troll.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4464 on: March 03, 2014, 02:58:34 PM

Got my ConquerorGC yesterday. First shot in the first battle was a one-shot kill of an IS7. Probably a fluke, I told myself, until 6 battles later (or approximately 20 shots) I one-shot a T95. The T30 behind the 95 started screaming in chat "omfg, have mercy, not me, not me!". I got a chubby.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4465 on: March 03, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

Heh. I ground through the Bishop over the weekend and unlocked the 304. Haven't bought it just yet, but if it is better than the Bishop I am going to love it.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4466 on: March 03, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

The 304 is markedly better than the bishop.  Same gun, but you can get in to firing position soooooo much easier.  I had a 3 kill game on ElHalluf yesterday that would have been 5 kills had I not been up against an AMX arty on my own team.

Just watch that vid that was linked previously for some awesome pointers.  You want to be at max range when hitting guys so you plummet in from the top through their paper thin engine/ turret armor.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4467 on: March 03, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

I just re-bought the T-54 today.  This was my first game in it in months. awesome, for real

http://wotreplays.com/site/652645#live_oaks-jinaz-t-54

Why would you sell it?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4468 on: March 04, 2014, 09:10:41 AM

Probably to get the 140 if you sold it after getting the 62A. I almost did.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4469 on: March 04, 2014, 10:25:01 AM

Probably to get the 140 if you sold it after getting the 62A. I almost did.

Well. You don't even like the T-54!

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4470 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:43 AM

I don't. Sold it the moment I got the 140. The 140 is a very good tank.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4471 on: March 04, 2014, 10:42:31 AM

I think you are the only non-terrible player in the history of WoT to not love the T-54  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Running my T34 now to pay for ammo on my FV304. Spent all my silver on it!

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4472 on: March 04, 2014, 01:37:11 PM

Don't get me wrong, my dislike of the 54 has nothing to do with its abilities. Its a good tank. In fact, its entirely ungraceful in its utilitarianism. Its 'OP' in says that no other tier 9 tank gets to be. Its small, its agile, its resilient and has a powerful gun. The only disadvantage it has is no gun depression, but the damned thing is so bouncy that a good player can survive in it far longer than any other tier 9 medium would.

So I dislike it not because its bad, but because its too good in a way that makes it a bit 'easy mode', even for bad players. And in the hands of a good player that knows how to manage the game's essential handicaps? Fuggedaboutit.

Edit: and the damned thing can snipe. A russian medium, sniping. Its an eyeroller.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:41:10 PM by Engels »

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4473 on: March 05, 2014, 02:06:53 AM

I really like the new missions they have. Just pull out some tier 5 premiums and go to down in a platoon.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4474 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:24 AM

I really like the new missions they have. Just pull out some tier 5 premiums and go to down in a platoon.

Good for the ol' win rate too!

Yesterday-
61.11% (+0.02%)

Sure, there people who average that or better, but for me that was a decent day. Nebu, Fur and I had a good stretch (after a rocky start).

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4475 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:08 AM

Throw me an invite if you have space as I am grinding t4 and t5 Germans for the e-25 mission. Also the e50m is a great tank I have discovered.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4476 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:57 AM

I beg you guys... ALWAYS throw me an invite if you see me online.  It gets so lonely playing randoms in a see of red.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4477 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

I've been tooning more so will definitely do that.

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4478 on: March 05, 2014, 05:54:58 PM

Throw me an invite if you have space as I am grinding t4 and t5 Germans for the e-25 mission. Also the e50m is a great tank I have discovered.

E-25 mission?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4479 on: March 05, 2014, 05:59:16 PM

Its the on-track to the E-50M (which I already have). If you grind 250k xp using tanks in that line (including the 50m) by the 17th you get an e-25 and a bunch of other stuff along the way in 25k increments (consumables, optics, gold consumables, GLD).

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: