Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 816414 times)
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2240 on: May 12, 2009, 07:36:34 PM

Your position on the map is irrelevant to whether you can be duelled.  Unless you have been KOed in the last 48 hours or are currently sleeping, you can be duelled by anyone at your town who's in your level range.

That makes no sense whatsoever. 

So we can effectively go to war with a town in quadrant 1,1 with no travel time?

No.  You(the attacker) has to be in the town, your opponents location is irrelevant.
What's next?  I capped dueling, it's now worst for xp and cash than jobs.  My next available jobs are 10+ lvl aways from me.

Grind the same 6 jobs for weeks until I gain 10 lvl?  Wait for an update?

That's the problem with a dueler/soldier build.  You plateau early.  You'll have to find targets that offer you the best experience in order to level up.  Respec'ing skill points is not a good idea, unless you have wasted some.

I set off on the long East-West quest the other day.  I finish the quest and get my money.  Then I trek back.

D'OH.   sad

Next time wait until you're home to hit "complete" and get your money.  Then you can deposit it directly in the bank.  (When you get a quest at some far-off point, you only need to be there to ACCEPT the quest; you can COMPLETE it wherever you want, as far as I can tell.)

Your position on the map is irrelevant to whether you can be duelled.  Unless you have been KOed in the last 48 hours or are currently sleeping, you can be duelled by anyone at your town who's in your level range.

You should have set your character to sleep, then you can't be dueled regardless of how far you are out from your town.

PS- I didn't report anything to the mods.  I rather liked the flag, thought it was quite creative.

I am here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday.  - Trooper
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2241 on: May 12, 2009, 08:18:23 PM

You should have set your character to sleep, then you can't be dueled regardless of how far you are out from your town.

So if my character is 9 hours from town, I can queue up sleep to get my character to town, and it registers as sleeping for the 9 hours of travel time plus the 8 hours of sleeping time?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2242 on: May 12, 2009, 08:21:10 PM

So if my character is 9 hours from town, I can queue up sleep to get my character to town, and it registers as sleeping for the 9 hours of travel time plus the 8 hours of sleeping time?

Yeah, that doesn't seem right to me.  Next time I win a big stack of duelling cash I'll see if I can walk it home with impunity by queuing up sleep.  If so,  why so serious?.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2243 on: May 12, 2009, 08:43:42 PM

I put myself on walk for the 12+hour trip.  My second job was an 8 hour sleep in our hotel.  pi-man hit me somewhere about where I had 6 hours left on my walk.  I logged on to find myself in my hotel 2 hours before I was even supposed to be there, from the KO. 

Thanks for clearing up the duel info though.  Seems a bit silly for them to hit me in my town when I'm not physically in my town, but w/e.  It's a browser game. 
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2244 on: May 12, 2009, 09:57:29 PM

I put myself on walk for the 12+hour trip.  My second job was an 8 hour sleep in our hotel.  pi-man hit me somewhere about where I had 6 hours left on my walk.  I logged on to find myself in my hotel 2 hours before I was even supposed to be there, from the KO. 

Thanks for clearing up the duel info though.  Seems a bit silly for them to hit me in my town when I'm not physically in my town, but w/e.  It's a browser game. 

If you would have just went directly to the hotel you wouldn't have been able to be dueled.  You would have seen that the sleep time would have been 20hrs, 12hr trip + 8hrs sleeping, thus making you 'safe' for the entire 20hrs.  You'll notice that regardless of the distance from your hotel, as soon as you click on the desired room and press 'sleep' your character automatically enters sleep mode.

Correct.  Giving you a total of 17hrs of 'protection'. 

I am here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday.  - Trooper
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2245 on: May 12, 2009, 10:26:50 PM

Ahhh.  Gotcha. 

Poor game design cost me $300 e-bucks, dammit. 
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2246 on: May 12, 2009, 10:29:21 PM

Did not know that, I'd assumed the icon was saying sleep but the travel time was still duellable.

I'm currently losing all my money not to getting KO'd but because the costs on the soldier quest. It's been over 1.5k that quest has absorbed now, plus having me travel all over the map and work low paying jobs. Oh well, at least it gives a flavor to the time.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2247 on: May 12, 2009, 10:59:38 PM

I call shenanigans. My experience is that you are duelable during the travel time. I always queue up sleep as the way to go home from dueling and I frequently get KO'd on the way home.
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2248 on: May 13, 2009, 05:56:41 AM

I call shenanigans. My experience is that you are duelable during the travel time. I always queue up sleep as the way to go home from dueling and I frequently get KO'd on the way home.

That is not my experience, I could be wrong, but as soon as I click on sleep I have never been dueled, regardless of distance to my hotel.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2249 on: May 13, 2009, 06:10:35 AM

In a few minutes I will be able to hunt grizzlys and steal horses. Yay me. awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2250 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:20 AM

Your XP shoots up nicely with hunting grizzlies and money comes along with stealing horses. 

I just finished my first stint of building a fort and something seems off.  I didn't get anywhere near the XP for building a fort as I would for hunting grizzlies, yet they're both listed in the 70% XP range.  Do labor points affect XP outcome even if it's not listed in the description?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2251 on: May 13, 2009, 06:42:56 AM

Ahhh.  Gotcha. 

Poor game design cost me $300 e-bucks, dammit. 

I'm crying e-tears for you.

(really!)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2252 on: May 13, 2009, 06:56:44 AM

Grizzly hunting is a tougher job.  The tougher the job the better your rewards can be.  The %'s are rather ambiguous.  Just go with bigger is better.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2253 on: May 13, 2009, 09:22:56 AM

Seconded. I got knocked out on my way back to town just now, and I went directly to the hotel even.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2254 on: May 13, 2009, 09:36:00 AM

HAY GUYZ

Normally I'd just run this past Fearless Leader but he's out.

I just got a telegram from someone in Palisade Gulch requesting access to our gunsmith.  I am inclined to say "sure, have fun, donate what you like," but thought I'd run it past the rest of you first.  Do we want to charge a set fee for shop access?  Do we want to just turn people away since there's always an off chance they'll do something dickish? 

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2255 on: May 13, 2009, 09:39:06 AM

Your XP shoots up nicely with hunting grizzlies and money comes along with stealing horses. 

I just finished my first stint of building a fort and something seems off.  I didn't get anywhere near the XP for building a fort as I would for hunting grizzlies, yet they're both listed in the 70% XP range.  Do labor points affect XP outcome even if it's not listed in the description?

Yes, the higher your labour points the more money and experience you gain from a specific job.
Seconded. I got knocked out on my way back to town just now, and I went directly to the hotel even.

That shouldn't be the case, I am fairly certain that as soon as you click 'sleep' you enter sleep protection, but I could be wrong.  

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2256 on: May 13, 2009, 09:49:13 AM

Fearless leader ain't out, just telegram me.

Not being in the town is a nice vacation though.  Ohhhhh, I see. GG Adventurer Character Bonus!

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2257 on: May 13, 2009, 12:07:26 PM

$100 dollar donation sounds like enough to pay for the hassle of managing invites from random noobs.

AKA Gyoza
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2258 on: May 13, 2009, 12:10:28 PM

HAY GUYZ

Normally I'd just run this past Fearless Leader but he's out.

I just got a telegram from someone in Palisade Gulch requesting access to our gunsmith.  I am inclined to say "sure, have fun, donate what you like," but thought I'd run it past the rest of you first.  Do we want to charge a set fee for shop access?  Do we want to just turn people away since there's always an off chance they'll do something dickish? 

If he buys something through the store, with out being a member, don't we get a cut?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2259 on: May 13, 2009, 01:16:41 PM

Trust me, better this way. He's going to find some other town and give them his money if we don't.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2260 on: May 13, 2009, 10:32:50 PM

I got enough money to buy most everything in the store and not a one thing is standing out as a must have purchase right now. I need Tactics and Horseback Riding. Ain't seeing anything really good... not even the epic stuff. It's got too many stat points in Health Points.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2261 on: May 14, 2009, 08:20:47 AM

Are you checking other stores too?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2262 on: May 14, 2009, 08:43:56 AM

Not really... guess I should start.

BTW nothing will wake you up faster then realizing you left protection an hour ago and had $3400 in cash that was vulnerable.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2263 on: May 14, 2009, 08:45:37 AM

nothing will wake you up faster then realizing you left protection an hour ago and had $3400 in cash that was vulnerable.

I'd sleep right through that and not sweat it.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2264 on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:25 AM

Eh. That's no small sum of cash.

Edit: How about this, has anyone identified a cool piece of equipment worth having? Because right now the itemization seems a bit whack on some of the stuff I'm finding.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:05:49 AM by Lorekeep »

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2265 on: May 14, 2009, 01:32:05 PM

What kind of stats are you looking for?  Anything in particular?  Any sets?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2266 on: May 14, 2009, 01:35:04 PM

"Worth having" is totally dependent on what you're trying to do.  I really like the fancy slouch hat, because it gets me a lot closer to a bunch of the jobs I need to do for quests.  I'm currently saving up for the flannel shirt for the same reason.  After that, probably the fancy felt hat, because it'll be a major duelling buff.

manores

Email
Reply #2267 on: May 14, 2009, 01:55:34 PM

Hi everyone! We have been having a close relationship so far and I've been addicted to your forumz for quite some time now. It's always good to have worthy enemies opponents so I'll try to share whatever I know with you, that's why I registered an account in the first hand.

Anyway:

Lorekeep, are you aware that there is this tool to help you out with the best items for any job?

http://www.weststats.com/Job_items/ - example = http://www.weststats.com/Job_items/?job=0&job=73&level=99&class=0&sex=
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2268 on: May 14, 2009, 01:56:07 PM

I want Vigor... lots and lots of Vigor (with a nice bowie knife)
Clearing Trees is like a 50% job and the melee damage is sick.

What's the best stuff for Fine Motor Skills though?

edit:
WestStats eh?  Sounds like a great way for the creator to keep tabs on the competition.   Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:59:06 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #2269 on: May 14, 2009, 01:58:35 PM

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2270 on: May 14, 2009, 01:59:53 PM

I want Vigor... lots and lots of Vigor (with a nice bowie knife)

I found a Mexican bandanna the other day while trading w/ Indians.  +17 vigor.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

manores

Email
Reply #2271 on: May 14, 2009, 02:23:24 PM

Consider this tool as well, I'm quite sure you'd figure out what it is quite fast, as you have proven your success in taking advantage of almost anything:

http://www.thewestinsider.com/

edit: typo
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2272 on: May 14, 2009, 02:25:01 PM

you have proven your success in taking advantage of almost anything

Ohhhhh, I see.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2273 on: May 14, 2009, 02:28:08 PM

Will my computer blow up if I start cutting and pasting what these sites ask for?  ACK!

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
manores

Email
Reply #2274 on: May 14, 2009, 02:32:16 PM

Hmmm, would you trust my answer?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: