Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 816415 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2205 on: May 11, 2009, 10:55:09 AM

Suck My Cream Filling Hombre! From a Twinkee Cowboy.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2206 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:01 AM

Weak to be banned for.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2207 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:49 AM

Suck My Cream Filling Hombre! From a Twinkee Cowboy.

I have seen quite a few flags with almost naked chicks, a twinkee qualifies as a ban? REALLY?

EDIT: Side note, can I leave my money in the back when i drop town...or whats up with that?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2208 on: May 11, 2009, 10:59:38 AM

EDIT: Side note, can I leave my money in the back when i drop town...or whats up with that?

You can put it all in the treasury if you like.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Any money in your personal bank account will be converted into cash when you leave.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2209 on: May 11, 2009, 11:00:50 AM

Cool.

Nah, part of my frustration was i was trying to save up for some gear, out of ever 400, i got 30.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2210 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:13 AM

Nah, mostly i was just commenting on my frequency of play issue, and how things are eroding my fun. I think i may just leave town and see what the game has to offer for a bit.

Here's what I do.  I write down what time I get KO'd.  I build when I'm invulnerable; I work jobs when I'm not.  When I'm not and I'm able to pop in and out every so often, I work a job, then hotel for 8 hours.  Sometime before that 8 hours is up, I log in and deposit.  Then I schedule another job and hotel stay.

I'm putting all of my points into Str and construction.  This means I do not duel at all.  I have never won a duel.  This is fine with me; I'm a builder not a dueler.  I'm ignoring quests completely, unless I can do the job for the quest.  

I can build ranch houses for 61% experience, drill wells for 23% luck and 33% experience, and mine iron for 52% wages.  I rotate between those and something else nearby that isn't too bad.  

Maybe another role in the game might be more fun for you?  Builder suits me, but I'm toying with a dueler build of some sort on another world (only level 11 and I only play it sporatically, and haven't yet joined a town).
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2211 on: May 11, 2009, 11:05:06 AM

Incidently, people have to be in a town to duel, is that right?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2212 on: May 11, 2009, 11:06:00 AM

Yeah, you have to be in a town with a mortician.  (Your target just has to be in a town.)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2213 on: May 11, 2009, 11:09:05 AM

No no, i liked builder. Its a critical mass issue. Limited frequency of playtime, no tools to create a deterrent or to make myself not a juicy target, and simply, its just getting old for me*. I understand the concept of how you guys cue things up and whatnot, its just not really appealing to me, to essentially play according to someone else schedule, that, and i would still have huge gaping holes in time because of how limited frequency i have been playing.

But most of it, its just getting old, and unfun. I think ill strike out and find some adventure for a bit, make some cash, buy some shinies, and come back =)

Edit: basically, it feels like i have been turned into a 1/3 time builder, and full time someone else's Mob/content. As a paying customer (I have been giving money, its a good game and deserves some support) i can't justify that anymore.. I do look forward to forts.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:14:46 AM by Mrbloodworth »

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #2214 on: May 11, 2009, 12:29:39 PM

Bleh.  Rusty Deringer in the Gunsmith.  Barely better than the Muzzle-loader.  But that corrosive acid is awesome.  I might switch over to a melee build just to throw that shit around (plus I already have 2 other items in the Charlatan set)

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2215 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:50 PM

AWWWW RIIIIGHT.  I was hoping we'd get another piece of the Charlatan set.

It's pretty retarded that the acid is a melee weapon, though, considering that the set gives big bonuses to Shooting rather than Vigor.   swamp poop
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2216 on: May 11, 2009, 02:40:35 PM

Are there bonuses in having a set?
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #2217 on: May 11, 2009, 02:43:50 PM

It's pretty retarded that the acid is a melee weapon, though, considering that the set gives big bonuses to Shooting rather than Vigor.   swamp poop

Most of the sets have non-sense stats attached to them. You better get a huge bonus for a set otherwise they are pretty crap. Hooray! we got an awesome knife.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2218 on: May 11, 2009, 02:45:44 PM

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2219 on: May 11, 2009, 03:27:04 PM

Damm.  ACK!

But that is some good news for our builders, people will think twice before they attack a builder who is wielding that bottle.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2220 on: May 11, 2009, 04:49:17 PM

Terrible roll for guns on the item table and no way to get a re-roll short of building another gunsmith up to level 7 :(

Fairly obvious why the coppers developed multiple towns, both to be able to generate more resources and get multiple rolls on the item table.

I also find this game, like so many PvP games, is happy to allow badly imbalanced encounters to be rewarding for the attacker. Getting duelled by someone 15 levels above me with damage roughly twice mine isn't something they should be getting XP for. And of course no way to interfere with them farming non-duellers.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2221 on: May 11, 2009, 05:06:37 PM

If they're 15 levels above you, they aren't able to duel you at all, unless you have a very high duelling level (meaning you've been doing a lot of duelling yourself).  I think you need to be within 7 duelling levels of your target to initiate a duel at all.  And if you're higher than them, you get less XP.

As has been said, you can solve the problem of "farming" non-duellers for cash by banking their cash often.  And there's no reason you can't bank your cash as soon as you earn it.  Of course if you stroll about carrying $400 in your pocket people are going to mug you for it repeatedly.  tongue
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2222 on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:52 PM

They also get a trivial amount of xp for it. It's really a waste for them; 12 energy for 10xp at high levels does dick. It's why I tend to duel people much higher level than myself; the worst that happens is I lose and they get a few XP. Best case I get 1/5th of a level. Not to mention they frequently waste energy on attacking me after I've gone into a hotel. Any energy they waste killing little old me is slowing down their advancement and their income. I say bring the bastards on!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2223 on: May 11, 2009, 06:50:34 PM

Damm.  ACK!

But that is some good news for our builders, people will think twice before they attack a builder who is wielding that bottle.  awesome, for real

Yeah but did you see - level 42 required?  Wowzers.

So what do I do once our town is built?  Go join Trammel and build it?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2224 on: May 11, 2009, 07:00:24 PM

I want the Pilgrim set of clothing, I guess.

I haven't logged into the forums lately.  Missed all sorts of forum drama.  Wars and such, and I didn't even know!
schild
Administrator

Reply #2225 on: May 11, 2009, 08:07:30 PM

Corrosive Acid ^_^

Edit: Wtf, Corrosive acid is a melee weapon but the charlatan set is shooting-centric. How weak.
Edit: Oh, hey, Samwise said it also.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:10:07 PM by schild »
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #2226 on: May 12, 2009, 08:07:17 AM

Yay, un-banned.  Trammel's flag is (for the moment) set to a flat beige panel  swamp poop

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2227 on: May 12, 2009, 08:47:48 AM

Corrosive Acid ^_^

Edit: Wtf, Corrosive acid is a melee weapon but the charlatan set is shooting-centric. How weak.
Edit: Oh, hey, Samwise said it also.

Aaaaand you don't even get the bonus to shooting until you add the sixth piece to the set.  Which means you can't just not use the acid.  Retarded.

AKA Gyoza
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2228 on: May 12, 2009, 10:02:08 AM

Aaaaand you don't even get the bonus to shooting until you add the sixth piece to the set.  Which means you can't just not use the acid.  Retarded.

Consensus on the boards seems to be that you use the set for the job, not for duelling.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2229 on: May 12, 2009, 10:09:36 AM

Consensus on the boards seems to be that you use the set for the job, not for duelling.

But why does it have an Aim bonus if it's meant for jobbing?  All signs point to the full set being designed as a duelling setup with a ranged weapon, and some knucklehead setting the "melee" flag instead of the "ranged" flag on the weapon by mistake.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2230 on: May 12, 2009, 11:59:09 AM

I agree. Since when is acid a melee weapon? You don't hit someone with a bottle of acid, you throw it at them.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #2231 on: May 12, 2009, 05:01:59 PM

What's next?  I capped dueling, it's now worst for xp and cash than jobs.  My next available jobs are 10+ lvl aways from me.

Grind the same 6 jobs for weeks until I gain 10 lvl?  Wait for an update?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2232 on: May 12, 2009, 05:15:51 PM

How do you "cap" duelling?
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2233 on: May 12, 2009, 05:17:01 PM

Grind money while you wait for your dueling motivation to recover? Or is it just that the experience per fight levels out at some point?

<===lvl 24 noob

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #2234 on: May 12, 2009, 06:09:14 PM

Yep.  Duel XP caps out.  I'm getting 7 xp for a 37 dueling lvl, 25 xp for a 40 dueling lvl. 
I can reach 50 xp per fight if the opponents is good but then I can't do more than 2-3 duels because I lose 300hp per fight (I still win because I inflict 500dmg)
It's no fun since Cooper stopped suiciding them self on me for free xp.

I checked the duel ladder for better opponents  but I'd have to walk way too much to reach high lvl duelist.  Even then, a fight would net me less than 100 xp.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #2235 on: May 12, 2009, 06:18:03 PM

Find the highest exp giving job remotely possible and then respec?
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2236 on: May 12, 2009, 06:56:55 PM

I obviously don't understand dueling mechanics. 

I set off on the long East-West quest the other day.  I finish the quest and get my money.  Then I trek back.  Six hours outside of Bat Country pi-man duels me and KOs me in one fight.  So I ended up losing $100 to him and another $200 when I was KOd.  w/e.  I can make that back in an hour or two, but it's definitely the most I've lost so far. 

What I don't understand is why he didn't have to travel six hours to get to me, as I was traveling.  I r confused. 
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2237 on: May 12, 2009, 07:02:49 PM

I set off on the long East-West quest the other day.  I finish the quest and get my money.  Then I trek back.

D'OH.   sad

Next time wait until you're home to hit "complete" and get your money.  Then you can deposit it directly in the bank.  (When you get a quest at some far-off point, you only need to be there to ACCEPT the quest; you can COMPLETE it wherever you want, as far as I can tell.)

Your position on the map is irrelevant to whether you can be duelled.  Unless you have been KOed in the last 48 hours or are currently sleeping, you can be duelled by anyone at your town who's in your level range.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2238 on: May 12, 2009, 07:07:04 PM

Your position on the map is irrelevant to whether you can be duelled.  Unless you have been KOed in the last 48 hours or are currently sleeping, you can be duelled by anyone at your town who's in your level range.

That makes no sense whatsoever. 

So we can effectively go to war with a town in quadrant 1,1 with no travel time?
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #2239 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:14 PM

You have to walk to the defenders town to initiate a duel.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: