Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240145 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9345 on: September 02, 2014, 01:48:25 PM

FarCry 3: Blood Dragon
LEGO City: The Chase Begins
Fucking Tomodachi Life

If I had the time, I could have just sat in one of the hotel lobbies during DragonCon and tagged enough StreetPass people to finish off my puzzles, and all the other Mii games as well.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #9346 on: September 02, 2014, 02:47:15 PM

Celery salt is all the good parts of celery without the shitty texture (cooked or raw) and has the bonus of being the best powdered condiment for a hot dog.

Why is it good? Because it barely qualifies as celery. If it even is celery salt made from celery.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #9347 on: September 02, 2014, 03:03:03 PM

Isn't celery salt made from the seeds? You wouldn't even guess celery seeds come from the same plant.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9348 on: September 02, 2014, 03:50:54 PM

I like ice cold, wet celery with a bit of salt on it.  Not celery salt, though.  That would be like eating food that just did itself.  Bleh.  That's just wrong.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9349 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:42 AM

Fresh crisp celery is just about one of the best things there is. A few days old celery is not. It gets a not really bitter but bad taste.

Maybe it's just me. I'm one of those people who thinks brussel sprouts and lima beans are among the worst plant foods in the world.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9350 on: September 03, 2014, 08:39:29 AM

Finished DA2.  Mage is pretty much easy mode. I didn't play any of the DLC, but after reading the descriptions, none of them seemed Shadowbroker level of worth (high bar, but I really never buy DLC). Original complaints still stand, however, the combat and party composition options were definite strong points as well as the voice acting. Sarcasta-Hawke is amazing.

Now onto.. something.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9351 on: September 03, 2014, 10:45:55 AM

I still think you should do the DLC!

Currently: SWTOR, Diablo 3 seasonal puttering, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.
Next up: Layton/Phoenix Wright (came out end of last week if anyone was waiting for it, but its eShop only), after that I'll probably be over my Divinity sulking and go back to that

Wish I had more time, because I want to do a Dragon Age series replay myself before DA:I comes out.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:49:02 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9352 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:31 PM

Continuing my neverending pattern of cycling through blocks of games. May have reached the end of my Football Manager 2014 reign as Liverpool manager - likely a league loss or two away from getting the sack. Depending on mood, I'm alternating Hex, Battlefield 4 and State of Decay pretty heavily, with almost nightly runs in Rocksmith 2014.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9353 on: September 03, 2014, 12:44:00 PM

I still think you should do the DLC!

Currently: SWTOR, Diablo 3 seasonal puttering, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.
Next up: Layton/Phoenix Wright (came out end of last week if anyone was waiting for it, but its eShop only), after that I'll probably be over my Divinity sulking and go back to that

Wish I had more time, because I want to do a Dragon Age series replay myself before DA:I comes out.

I could. I made some saves before all hell breaks loose.

I was considering a Dragon Age: Origins jaunt, but it appears I tossed the disks. Oops.

-Rasix
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #9354 on: September 03, 2014, 04:26:54 PM

Primarily comp matches on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, on an account that uses pistols only (so as not to interfere with my main account rank). It is glorious fun, since you have almost call-of-duty-esque mobility, more killing power than people would expect (pistols are majorly buffed from 1.6/Source), and grenade buys every round (so you learn tactical nades/smokes quickly).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9355 on: September 04, 2014, 12:02:02 AM

Started up with Walking Dead Season Two.  Off to a nice start.  It hasn't made me cry yet, but it sure knows how to pull your strings.  I don't naturally like point-and-click stuff, but this is a huge exception. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9356 on: September 04, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

Monaco is much more fun with four people, but still brutal.

Group went down to two and we started playing Castlevania HD again.  Resisting picking that up again since Destiny will be here next week.

Some Path of Exile.  Have been doing Tidal Island runs to find Masters.  I think that's run its course and so I'm going to run off and do real questing.

HOWEVER, I really did start a new Fallout game and it's actually engaged me a lot.  This behavior is unlike pretty much any other PC game from the 1990s.  I put Wasteland 2 on my Steam wish list but I am not sure I'll buy it.  I even found the first Wasteland on a hard drive today... wonder if it runs?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9357 on: September 04, 2014, 05:23:03 PM

Going through my neverending backlog of games. On the plate:

- Bastion
- Portal 2
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Enjoying the hell out of all three, I must say DRILLING AND MANLINESS (and it looks like I might finish them soon, for once :P)

As a "side" game, I'm starting over in Path of Exile. Oh, and between me and my girlfriend, we put 35 hours in Plant vs. Zombies and about 25 in Bejeweled 3.

Damn.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9358 on: September 05, 2014, 06:52:16 AM

As a "side" game, I'm starting over in Path of Exile.

Do you mean that you purged your stash?  Or just made a new exile?

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #9359 on: September 05, 2014, 07:18:05 AM

Guacamelee and Rogue Legacy are perfect on PS4.  I enjoyed them on PC, but my PC's in the office and controller-based games are more enjoyable in the livingroom sitting on the couch.  I hear Shovel Knight is supposed to land on PS4 soon too.

On the other end of the spectrum Factorio is simulation and machine building crack.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9360 on: September 05, 2014, 07:18:07 AM

Both, yeah: I didn't go past act 1 normal on any character in my previous attempts, so I don't really mind having a blank slate again.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9361 on: September 05, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

Now I'm imagining you tossing out items that have affixes which no longer spawn, and I'm a bit sad.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9362 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:18 PM

I married four men and sacrificed them all at the Temple of Shadows.  Even the one that turned into a woman!  HA!

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9363 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29:43 PM

Did they give you the cool bow and arrow?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9364 on: September 06, 2014, 08:02:58 AM

I haven't got anything from them yet.  How many more do I have to murder?  I thought I needed to get 2K points but I'm well past that now and I still haven't got a pressie.

PS  They won't let you sacrifice children which I thought was the prime target of cults like this. 

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9365 on: September 06, 2014, 04:30:57 PM

More Payday 2 again for some reason. Just tickles the reptilian parts of my brain.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9366 on: September 07, 2014, 12:12:18 AM

Finished Assassin's Creed: Liberation, which I think brings me up to AC4 next.  Finally finished with the Desmond arc, ugh, what a mess that whole storyline ended up.  I wrote like a fifty page diatribe which goes into excruciating detail on every facet of it, titled "Assassin Screed".  Liberation is pretty cool, though, for a budget title.  Not really on the same level as the main releases, but still neat.  Aveline's a neat main character, there was (almost) no modern day plot completely derailing the story every hour or so, and I thought the persona system was kind of neat.  It's also got a trade system that's basically what the homestead system from AC3 wants to be when it grows up.

Still working through Sleeping Dogs, that game is getting pretty dark.  Finding the control scheme kind of awkward, since I like to shoot with the mouse but drive with the gamepad, it makes shooting while driving annoying.  And the "open world" aspect seems kind of wasted here, even though it's one of the most interesting settings I've seen for a modern open world game.

Grabbed Gunvolt for the 3DS, because Inti-creates, but not really feeling it yet.  It's not horrible or anything, it just feels kind of forgettable.  It's got this mechanic where, instead of just shooting the bad guy, you "tag" them with your gun and then you hold down the special attack button which damages anyone you've "tagged" over time.  Which isn't so much game changing as it is "adding another tedious step to killing everything".  Maybe there's more to it, or something, I'm only just starting, but right now it feels pretty shallow.

Tried Lili: Child of Geos, it seems kind of weird.  The gameplay and visual design look like they were designed with very young kids in mind (like 5-ish) but a lot of the text has references and innuendo that only the oldies will get (allegedly Lili is a big fan of the NES, a console that's been dead for so long there are five year olds today whose parents are too young to have played it), it's very weird.  Like the exact opposite of a Pixar movie, where there's something for all ages, here, it just feels like it makes the whole game kind of an ill fit for any one demographic.  Though I suppose you're probably not going to be getting a game for a five year old on the strength of it's narrative anyway.

Also wandered back into Gnomoria because of Samwise's playthrough, game's still pretty fun.  Still don't know how underground farms work, though. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9367 on: September 07, 2014, 08:31:34 AM

I stopped playing Rift for now but might check after the expansion thingy.  I'm so fucking fickle.  I'm fuckle.  I made a word.  I've been mostly ignoring the computer.  For some reason it's giving me a black mood.  Still messing with Fable 2.  I'm fat again.  :(  Finally got to Wycliff or Wankoff or what ever that stupid place is.  Wyclef?  I'm going to get Destiny for the 360, I think.  If there's a reason I shouldn't tell me now because it's almost time!  I know there are vehicles and I drive better with my controller than a mouse and/or keyboard.  Even then, I crash a lot.  I'm only getting it because my nephew and my other nephew's wife are going to play it and they're making me do this.  I'm sure I'll hate it. 

I'm banking all my love on the new Borderlands this year, for the 360 no doubt.  I'm buying it myself so it better be spectacular.  I keep waffling, though.  I want to eventually upgrade my console but this time the PS4 so should I bother getting it now?  If I don't, I'll be pissy and resentful to you lot who are playing it and if I do, I'll want to get it for the PS4 and will have wasted money.  GAH!  I reckon I can upgrade at xmas time.  My brother in law's father gives me $100 and my sister usually gives me $200 so I'll put in the rest myself, hopefully, and maybe even buy a game. 

I need advice.  All this has the potential to completely fuck my head over.  Comments from poor people or people who used to be rich and then got poor, like me, will be given extra consideration and maybe a prize. 

Not Wyclef.  Sorry.  That's  a bloke.

THIS IS A REAL POST!

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9368 on: September 08, 2014, 04:08:29 AM

Played a lot of Diablo 3 on PS4.

After the sweeping changes they made to the game following the release of Reaper of Souls (scrapping of the auction houses, rebalancing of the loot system, adventure mode, nephalem rifts) it at least finally plays like a Diablo game. It also feels soulless and seems to also have patched out everything that made Diablo 2 Lord of Destrcution so compelling. I've played a lot of the game. I can't really tell you why though because it feels bland.

It feels as if the 'made for the hardcore multiplayer audience' balancing effort not only removed most of the things that might be overpowered, unbalanced or exploitable but also most of the things that might be fun. A little bit like D&D fourth edition did.

PS4 port is really, really well done though.

Also started another playthrough of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Games still hold up really well. I can't remember for the life of me though what we thought was compelling about all the motion control stuff on the Wii. I'd rather if I could play it with a normal controller than all that waggle stuff. Makes the game feel clunkier than it is.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #9369 on: September 08, 2014, 05:21:00 AM

Trying to play 7 Days to Die, but like everything else it's hard to get into currently and I can only put up with about half an hour at a time.

It seems to be ok, Minecraft with zombies.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9370 on: September 08, 2014, 06:48:57 AM

Spent some hours over the weekend playing Train Fever, a new indie game made by a small Swiss group. It's basically a very light version of OpenTTD or Simutrans, but in full 3D and without a grid system.

It has a lot of issues; it seems more like a starting platform or proof-of-concept with enough omissions to turn off sperglords, and enough UI issues to turn off casual players. Still, I like playing toy trains and I'm hoping the developers clean up some of the easier UI issues while modders plug the content gaps.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #9371 on: September 09, 2014, 04:29:46 PM

Played Diablo III for the first time in almost a year. Had 8 character-useful legendaries drop in about 6 hours of play while leveling 20-30 - I guess they changed the loot system a bit?  awesome, for real

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9372 on: September 10, 2014, 06:57:02 AM

Destiny.  It's pretty fucking good.  Disclaimer: I'm only level 5.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9373 on: September 10, 2014, 07:20:14 AM

My Destiny will be here between now and Saturday. 

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9374 on: September 10, 2014, 08:11:23 AM

I'm sure you and everyone else can guess my PSN ID.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9375 on: September 10, 2014, 01:42:10 PM

I finished the campaign part of State of Decay. It kind of snuck up on me - only 12 hours into it. I expected there to be more past that scene but there just wasn't. Instead of playing in the same area with Breakdown, I went ahead and started up Lifeline. That's a LOT harder than the base game but I like it.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9376 on: September 10, 2014, 02:50:43 PM

Pig Flooper?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9377 on: September 10, 2014, 04:07:44 PM

Pig Flooper?

Dirty girl.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9378 on: September 11, 2014, 09:15:42 AM

Oh, sorry about that, Dirty girl. 

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9379 on: September 11, 2014, 10:02:56 AM

Still playing Destiny and everything else has disappeared.  I was almost done with Blood Dragon, too!

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: