Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:30:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2236921 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6195 on: November 28, 2012, 11:42:34 AM

Trying to convince myself I don't need to do another DA:O playthrough. I haven't done one in over a year though!

Make sure it's on Steam, I need to update that jpg.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6196 on: November 28, 2012, 12:01:26 PM

I halfway expected you to message me when I started it up, you must've gone to bed! But don't you worry, it's on Steam.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6197 on: November 29, 2012, 06:39:33 PM

Playing Forza 4 Essentials on my new 360. I played for 2 hours last night and purchased my GTI woo.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6198 on: November 30, 2012, 07:59:22 PM

Moved on to ME2 in my mostly-Renegade FemShep playthrough.  The 25% xp bonus should be nice...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6199 on: December 03, 2012, 06:08:16 AM

Far Cry 3. That game is everything FC2 should've been and beyond. I love it! Heart
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6200 on: December 03, 2012, 08:33:26 AM

I really want it, but I'm stuck between buying a sub-par but good PS3 version, or buying the PC version that I may not be able to play until I upgrade my PC next year.  Choices, choices.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6201 on: December 03, 2012, 11:16:31 AM

Far Cry 3. That game is everything FC2 should've been and beyond. I love it! Heart

Good to hear this - I have it preloaded on Steam, and don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6202 on: December 03, 2012, 03:10:40 PM

Good to hear this - I have it preloaded on Steam, and don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight.

It's so good!

For those on the fence: I just shot at an fire bomber type of enemy driving to the scene of combat in a car. I happened to hit a molotov cocktail he had on his belt, which set him and the car on fire. Shortly afterwards the car exploded. Normally that would've set the jungle on fire, but it was raining heavily so the fire didn't spread. The attention to detail is just incredible!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6203 on: December 03, 2012, 05:32:08 PM

It's not attention to detail that makes me wary. It's the crippling bugs still present in Far Cry 2 years later that can completely break your saves.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6204 on: December 03, 2012, 07:06:53 PM

The annoying travel times and respawning of enemies killed Far Cry 2 for me.  I like sandboxy shooters and really wanted to enjoy it, but it just felt more tedious than fun.  If they fix those two things I will buy it for the PS3.

Just finished Bioshock.  Fantastic.  I bought Bioshock 2 at the same time as the first one, but after the ending to Bioshock I'm not too sure I want to play it.  The first one felt complete, and I just don't see much point in a sequel.  The nearly universal praise of the first one made me a little suspicious, but it was well deserved.

Now I'm moving on to Portal 2 on the PS3.  I played most of it on the PC, but stopped two-thirds of the way through.  Now that I'm replaying it I don't know why I ever stopped.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully I can get the wife to play coop with me.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6205 on: December 04, 2012, 02:11:54 AM

FC3 has fast travel and taking over enemy bases stops them from respawning. It has also been bug free during the 12 hours I've played.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6206 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:32 AM

The respawns were my main issue with FC2. That game was soo luscious in 3D.

Right now I'm mostly messing around with my sith assassin in TOR.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6207 on: December 04, 2012, 07:47:35 AM

Picked up Amnesia again, determined to actually finish it this time.  Had to start from scratch since I didn't want to be bothered migrating my save over from my old PC, but it goes a lot faster when you know where the monsters aren't.

Just fyi but any monsters that spawn as a result of you doing something despawn after like 3 minutes or so if they don't find you, if I recall correctly.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6208 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:03 AM

FC3 has fast travel and taking over enemy bases stops them from respawning. It has also been bug free during the 12 hours I've played.

Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the unlock, so only got it going this afternoon during lunch and as a result, am just past the initial radio tower climb.  It runs really well at a mix of High/Ultra settings on my machine, especially given that I'd heard a lot of chatter on other forums about people having performance issues.  The only issue I've seen is that it doesn't alt-tab well - I've heard that playing it in DX9 fixes that, but then you lose some visual features.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6209 on: December 04, 2012, 11:51:54 AM

Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the unlock, so only got it going this afternoon during lunch and as a result, am just past the initial radio tower climb.  It runs really well at a mix of High/Ultra settings on my machine, especially given that I'd heard a lot of chatter on other forums about people having performance issues.  The only issue I've seen is that it doesn't alt-tab well - I've heard that playing it in DX9 fixes that, but then you lose some visual features.

I have DX9 and borderless window, works really well. So well that I forgot about the full screen alt-tab bug.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6210 on: December 04, 2012, 01:26:25 PM

Also, uPlay fucking sucks.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6211 on: December 04, 2012, 05:52:52 PM

Picked up Amnesia again, determined to actually finish it this time.  Had to start from scratch since I didn't want to be bothered migrating my save over from my old PC, but it goes a lot faster when you know where the monsters aren't.

Just fyi but any monsters that spawn as a result of you doing something despawn after like 3 minutes or so if they don't find you, if I recall correctly.

Depends on what part you're in.  I've also noticed differences between playthroughs; there's some kind of random element to where, when, and even whether you encounter enemies in certain sections.

Finished Amnesia, btw.  Also Limbo, which had been sitting in my Steam library for about a year.  Both very much worth playing.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #6212 on: December 04, 2012, 08:11:22 PM

I'm playing nothing but Rail Simulator 2013 until I rebuild my computer sometime Q1 2013 unless my company shits all over my bonus.  At which point I might finally go back to Skyrim and watch as they somehow turn fighting a dragon into the new Oblivion Gate and maybe god willing a system powerful enough to play Planetside.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6213 on: December 04, 2012, 10:33:37 PM

Yeah, the added bloatware sucks.  The game is awesome, though.  Can you say 'collectibles'? 

It runs pretty decent on my 5+yr old system, on low/med settings.  Can't wait till Feb for my new rig.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6214 on: December 04, 2012, 11:47:08 PM

Well that answers this question Ohhhhh, I see.
It still defaults to always-on (you have to explicitly turn it off), so the last time Uplay died in July lots of people were effectively still locked out of their games. We'll see if that's still the case with AC III or if in fact it defaults to not always-on.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6215 on: December 05, 2012, 01:32:01 AM

It's the most bass-ackward setup I've seen.  Ok, maybe I've seen worse, but uPlay is bad.  The only way to get into the game is to start the game from steam, which enables the game in uplay, which can be played from there.  

I was going to drop Ubisoft a quick email to politely let them know this really isn't optimal for their users.  However, they don't actually have customer support.  They have technical support, but not customer support.  I've worked in this industry long enough to know that means they just don't care about taking my kind of feedback.  

Edit:  It's a shame, really.  Because the game is pretty awesome.  I can tell from the first hour that this is a game I will finish, not to mention try to 100%.  It's got all the right moves, except the glaring issue of required Uplay.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:01:29 AM by Hawkbit »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6216 on: December 05, 2012, 02:19:21 AM

I loved the original Far Cry to the extent that I would still probably list it as the best single player shooter I have ever played...partly because of the (at the time) revolutionary graphics, and partly because of the physics of the weapons (they felt and sounded more real than any other game ever).  Far Cry 2 still had the weapons thing going for it, but the gameplay fell in the shitter for me.  All the Crysis games had the graphics games going for them, but they absolutely murdered the feel of the weapons for me (it became more like the other shooters).

So where does Far Cry 3 fit into all of this?  I really want it to be most like the original, in pretty much every regard.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6217 on: December 05, 2012, 02:57:45 AM

I loved the original Far Cry to the extent that I would still probably list it as the best single player shooter I have ever played...partly because of the (at the time) revolutionary graphics, and partly because of the physics of the weapons (they felt and sounded more real than any other game ever).  Far Cry 2 still had the weapons thing going for it, but the gameplay fell in the shitter for me.  All the Crysis games had the graphics games going for them, but they absolutely murdered the feel of the weapons for me (it became more like the other shooters).

So where does Far Cry 3 fit into all of this?  I really want it to be most like the original, in pretty much every regard.

It's really faithful, except there's no Trigens (so far, I'm only 15h in or about 40% done). Weapons aren't the most realistic, but they're impressive for sure.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6218 on: December 05, 2012, 07:21:04 AM

Still poking at Borderlands 2.

I caved and resumed Just Cause 2, currently at about 98.70% completion.  I'm just flying around in an attack chopper looking for pickups and things to explode, and it's still more fun than Saint's Row 3.

Installed a Tekkit server on my rig with the idea that my son and I can play co-op at some point.  He's really into Minecraft these days.

Configured PCSX2 v1.0.0 on my rig also.  First game booted?  SMT Nocturne. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6219 on: December 05, 2012, 12:28:49 PM

Fired up Bastion, which was next on my massive Steam backlog.

I am thinking that I am not really a fan of action RPGs, because the core gameplay is kind of boring to me.  I love the art, music, and narration, though.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6220 on: December 05, 2012, 12:37:13 PM

Fired up Bastion, which was next on my massive Steam backlog.

I am thinking that I am not really a fan of action RPGs, because the core gameplay is kind of boring to me.  I love the art, music, and narration, though.

I felt the same. I was sorry I bought it, actually due to the core gameplay.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6221 on: December 05, 2012, 02:19:50 PM

I wouldn't say I regret the purchase (which was all of $5 during a Steam sale, I think), just because it is so pretty.  I might even finish it just so I can enjoy the art.

If I'd bought it at full price, though, I would be feeling let down.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6222 on: December 05, 2012, 02:57:27 PM

I don't know, you should probably carry more negative passion for your unmet entitlements.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6223 on: December 05, 2012, 03:52:18 PM

Bastion is mechanically pretty dull.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #6224 on: December 06, 2012, 07:27:19 AM

I thought Bastion was great for what it was.  I agree the core game-play was nothing new, but for a $10 game everything was really exceptional.   I found the challenges and dream sequences entertaining and I liked the weapon variety.  Also, whoever did the voice acting was pretty amazing IMO.

Currently playing a bunch of Planetside 2.   Also a little Dustforce and FTL when I have a few minutes.   I tried to fire up Sengoku but the lack of tutorials made it hard to get into.  I'll give it another shot here at some point though.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #6225 on: December 06, 2012, 07:33:39 AM

Bastion is mechanically pretty dull.

I enjoyed the mechanics of Bastion once I pumped up the difficulty with shrines and tried sub-optimal weapon combinations, but I didn't play it for a long time or go through on new game +.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6226 on: December 06, 2012, 12:21:45 PM

Sadface about ShadowHearts 2 not working so well in PCSX2, but most of the other weeaboo shit I like works fine.  Concentrating on SMT Nocturne for now.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6227 on: December 06, 2012, 01:37:39 PM

I'm casting about for something to play. I still want my crafting mmo with a huge world for exploring and resource gathering that lets me make bricks all day a la ATiTD or be a Cave Shaman in the wilderness RvR from DAoC (before the nerf) with travel powers like CoH. Yet nothing seems remotely interesting to me besides a little Minecraft. I start to think about trying MoP/WoW and then I remember why I quit.

(Oh well, at least I'm getting some nice knitting done while I watch Gold Rush Alaska).

Is there anything that might interest me coming down the pike? Is GW2 worth buying? STO?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6228 on: December 06, 2012, 01:42:36 PM

Sadface about ShadowHearts 2 not working so well in PCSX2

Sad Panda

Playing SWTOR, having a decent time.  New LoL season is too scary.

Kind of stalled out on Saints Row 3, but that's mostly just because SWTOR takes a while to play, especially when you try to finish a hub or two in one session.  But, at least SR3 isn't something you need to finish, and it'll always be there.

Pondering diving back into Dwarf Fortress.  I imagine too much has changed and I've forgotten most of the hotkeys.

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6229 on: December 06, 2012, 03:23:48 PM

Is there anything that might interest me coming down the pike? Is GW2 worth buying? STO?
STO is f2p, so it can't hurt to check out.  I think GW2 is awesome, but I'm the resident fangal, so my opinion might be slightly biased.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: