Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Evil Knievel dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evil Knievel dead  (Read 1851 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: November 30, 2007, 01:46:17 PM

Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 02:04:02 PM

Memories...

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:51 PM

From a combination of hepatitis C, diabetes, and pulmonary fibrosis.  Even his wasting death was an incredible stunt.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:41 PM

Wow!  He was in the news something like yesterday for having settled a license dispute with Kanye West and I remember thinking "Shit!  I didn't know he was still alive!" 

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:21:58 AM

Wow!  He was in the news something like yesterday for having settled a license dispute with Kanye West and I remember thinking "Shit!  I didn't know he was still alive!" 

At least he was able to make peace with Kanye before passing.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 02:49:27 PM

I always preferred Super Dave.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 02:52:30 PM

I love that he shows up on CYE every once in a while. And in Ocean's 13! His Letterman appearances were gold back in the day too- his deadpan delivery would just crack Dave up to no end.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 03:19:33 PM

I picked up the latest Maxim with Sarah Michelle Gellar on the cover on it. They had an interview with him that boiled down to "I'm a tough old fart and am outliving all this stuff that was supposed to have killed me by now."

Kinda ironic in a creepy way.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:53:33 PM

Memories...

I had that except the bike was white. Our house was on a steep hill up a concrete driveway and I used to build jumps that pointed downhill so he got really big air, but he never broke. It was very weighty and indestructible for a plastic toy. (For the uninitiated, the bike had an uber version of the "roll it backwards to wind it up" propulsion system you get in some toy cars - it went like a rocket).
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 06:14:00 AM

I had that bike too.  I used to make him jump the stairs in dramatic recreations of the Snake river canyon fiasco, except with out the parachute.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 07:07:43 AM

I had it too. It's my first memory of having a rockin cool toy.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 11:51:12 PM

That bike was so cool!  The red thing behind the bike had the power unit crank, just crank it till the motorcycle was maxed and release him to fly off and crash into something!  I had the super jet cycle that had flames on the side when you cranked him up.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIdGDcWBsoc

I'm gonna miss that crazy bastard...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Evil Knievel dead  
Jump to: