Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2239995 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2800 on: May 07, 2010, 06:54:29 AM

You are not a graphics whore.  Not with that card.
Up until a couple months ago, I only had to render 1280x720. That card will tackle anything at that resolution, with all bells+whistles. At 1080p I have to make a few compromises, but most things still run great. It really is an amazing card, I've been watching the benches for a while now and only now are the increases at the top end of the spectrum getting to the point where upgrading is even worth it (I am staying with nvidia for 3D vision). Anything else from that generation doesn't stand up well.

I'm now a graphics whore with a house and responsibilities :) The money I could've blown on a new graphics card I might get three years out of again, well that's the lumber to trim out my living room craftsman-style. And the next time I get a couple Benjamins in my pocket, I'll drop it on refreshing my wood pile.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2801 on: May 10, 2010, 01:02:09 PM

Borderlands, 360.  More fun with split-screen but still Borderlands.

Final Fantasy XIII, PS3.  Got some chocobo action before I passed out from exhaustion last night.

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, PC.  I don't seem to be able to patch it past v1.1 but I have decided this is not a problem.

Pokemon SoulSilver, DS.  I think I might not be able to complete the Pokedex without hanging out with grade-schoolers, which makes me slightly stabby.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2802 on: May 10, 2010, 01:35:10 PM

Still playing DDO.  Got a Sorcerer up to level 9 on Saturday.

Then Civ4 stole my soul on Sunday.  Going to try the FFH2 mod tonight.

I'm still toying with the idea of getting Heavy Rain for the PS3 thinking my fiance might enjoy playing that with me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:54:56 PM by Draegan »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2803 on: May 10, 2010, 02:23:11 PM

For some reason I put a pause on my run-through of Persona 3. I think I missed a few nights and when I had game time again I felt like playing something else. It's still waiting to come back to. I've been heavily back into FIFA 10 again, as I just won League Two with Notts County and am trying to take them up through League 1 in one season. I really hate that the difficulty ramps up so far between the levels - on Amateur, it's gotten a bit too easy and on Semi-Pro, I can barely manage to get a few shots in per game.

Also got LotRO time, and now the APB Beta.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2804 on: May 10, 2010, 02:32:45 PM

Oh, yeah, I did do some LotRO.  How could I forget?  Ran skirmishes for a bit and then my wife was able to play on Sunday so I finally got to do some quests again.  Picked up and completed Vol 1 Book 4, started on Book 5.  Turns out the easymode buff also affects three-freep fellowships, and so we were able to not die against the badass wood troll.  Unlike against that damn Iron Crown bastard on top of the hill in Angmar.  I'm breaking out the hope coins and the Dwarrowdelf horn on him next time.  But first, Book 5 and other assorted Misty Mountains fun.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2805 on: May 10, 2010, 07:28:11 PM

World Adventures was ok. I didn't particularly warm to the idea of the collecting crap, I do that way too much in other games. I would have liked to see more of actually playing "the real" Sims abroad or being able to get special traits by marrying foreign Sims or some such, things that gave a little vector to the normal game. As it was it was just a bit too much like going abroad to play minigames.

Edit:
That said, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Ambitions is looking much more like what I'm looking for in a Sims expansion.

One of the things I didn't like about World Adventures was that I didn't feel like I could take an entire family abroad, because I would get caught up in grinding up visa levels and shit. I have the same worry about Ambitions, that it's going to be REALLY IRRITATING to have multiple adults in a household. I suppose if I accept everyone except one has a "boring" career where they just go to work and I can ignore them it won't be so bad, but that feels sort of lame. Blah!

That said, I liked all the various "making shit" skills in Sims 2, and am glad they're adding some in Ambitions.

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2806 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:28 AM

Working through GTA4 from the beginning. I started over with the Steam version, then over the weekend restored my old saves from my XP machine. Forgot who half the characters were, so I deleted them and went back to my new game. Makes me  NDA about  NDA . I don't think it's NDA-breaking to say latency is unkind, because it's not meant for NA users.

Last night got sucked back into FFH2 for a while.

I tend to stick with the same handful of games for a while :)
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2807 on: May 11, 2010, 07:48:58 AM

On the rare occasions I have free time (Friday and Saturday nights, some lunches), I'm still working LotRO with STO as a reserve "fuck around" game.

But the AoC expansion is in the mail. I never did try the game when it came out - now that I can roll myself up a Khitai sword-maiden of some sort, it seems like a good time to jump in. That's going to replace STO.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2808 on: May 11, 2010, 09:38:05 AM

Still Resonance of Fate and SC2.  Resonance feels long already and I'm just in chapter 11 of 16.  I suppose this can happen when your JRPG only does story at the beginning and end of a chapter, and you're feeling compelled to complete all of the side quests. This is perhaps where a game like FFXII pushes you toward completion a bit better.  A strong, but fractured narrative like RoF's can leave you in lulls where you're just left to your own devices and can wander off.

As for what's to come.. I still can't decide between Skate 3, the new UFC game (demo feels bad though), Alan Wake, or Red Dead Redemption. Might be leaning toward Skate 3, because although I'm not great at these games, I get tons of play out of them.  Plus, skater friendly city. 

Gaming time has been shot to hell with my son deciding all of the sudden that he's going to stay up an hour longer. Hard to enforce a bed time on a 11 month old.  Logic is met with hysterical crying.

-Rasix
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2809 on: May 11, 2010, 02:24:08 PM

I've been getting a great deal of mileage out of Just Cause 2, I've been playing just about every day since release and it's still fun and there's still a ton left to do in the game.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2810 on: May 11, 2010, 02:56:06 PM

I'm hoping I can find a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes on the way home tonight!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2811 on: May 11, 2010, 05:08:28 PM

Got me some 3D Dot Heroes in a bag on the sofa.

Picked up Borderlands for 360.  Yeah, I dislike Gamespy that much.  Also I have retard friends.

Played a bit of Elona, a Japanese roguelike... meaning it is a Japanese Angband instead of a fushigi-no-dungeon.  Having more-or-less completed the tutorial, it has not offended me deeply yet.  Even better, I understand the controls in the main.

I still have not gotten to the part of Pokemon SoulSilver where I use the PokeWalker yet.  Not sure why this annoys me.

More and more Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.  Have settled on a defender/warrior combo because I want to see the pretty armors.  Also, hitting an enemy so hard that the flies across the screen just doesn't get old.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2812 on: May 11, 2010, 06:47:53 PM

Random stints of BC2, a hard-mode replay of DA with a mage, Culdcept Saga....

And went back to play an old 20-year old MUD. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2813 on: May 12, 2010, 07:25:06 AM

On the rare occasions I have free time (Friday and Saturday nights, some lunches), I'm still working LotRO with STO as a reserve "fuck around" game.

But the AoC expansion is in the mail. I never did try the game when it came out - now that I can roll myself up a Khitai sword-maiden of some sort, it seems like a good time to jump in. That's going to replace STO.

There are some keys on MMORPG.com where you can get a crocodile or something.  I don't know, you'll have to look, I've confused myself by spelling crocodile wrong three times and I need a nap now.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #2814 on: May 12, 2010, 08:03:33 AM

I've been bouncing between Warband, Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2 lately.

I just recently discovered Last Stand mode in DoW2 and I'm enjoying it alot, but I'm just about near the end of it, I'm a sucker for wave games.

Warband has to be the first game to make me physically mad. I've damn near broken my mouse several times and find myself cursing very loudly like a child at times. In all my years of playing games I've never really had a game get that reaction out of me, and I don't know what to make of it. Yet I keep playing.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2815 on: May 12, 2010, 11:10:07 AM

Which one?  I tried to do that last night and all my old stomping grounds are gone except SojournMUD.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2816 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:37 AM

About halfway done with both Drakensang and Magna Carta 2. 
Drakensang is still amusing, and I'm not entirely sure why I stopped playing it way back.  I think I just got cockblocked by an evil tree and it left me frustrated.  Haven't run into a similar problem since I restarted it.
Magna Carta is fun to play, but has some of the worst dialog, both written and spoken, that I've ever seen.

Bought Afro Samurai for dirt cheap and started playing that for shits and giggles.  It's more fun than it deserves to be.
Still playing EQ2.  Not entirely sure why I like it more this time around.

Sitting on Resonance of Fate still.  Need to make time for this.
Eyeballing Nier and 3D Dot Game Heroes.  Probably wait for the first to drop in price, and pick up the latter.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2817 on: May 12, 2010, 11:44:57 AM

I've been getting a great deal of mileage out of Just Cause 2, I've been playing just about every day since release and it's still fun and there's still a ton left to do in the game.
That's how I feel about GTA4. Always fun to jump into and mess around with something. I was getting frustrated with a timed drug deal mission, even driving clean and fast I couldn't make it. Then last night I was just fucking around looking for jumps and lo, you have to jump over the highway I had been going around. Stunt jumps are fun. I love GTA.

Drakensang...yeah I have to get back to that one. Forget why I moved on, it was enjoyable.

Tried getting Thief 3 working last night, the res hack doesn't support my custom no-overscan resolution, FOV issues, blah. Fucking Ion Storm and their resolution = 3 garbage (consolization ftl).
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2818 on: May 12, 2010, 12:09:07 PM

Sky, in GTAIV, have you done that 'quest' where you have to take out the 3 strip club managers? I can't do that one for the life of me, and although I love GTAIV, I loathe and dest the save game mechanics.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2819 on: May 12, 2010, 01:06:48 PM

I was able to find a copy of 3D Dot.  As someone who held that shiny gold cartridge in his hands on a christmas morning very very long ago I spent all last night making the drill face.  It's everything I wanted it to be.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2820 on: May 12, 2010, 01:28:14 PM

Where you have to chase them out the back door of the Triangle Club with all the goons firing on you, then chase them down in a car? I remember that being awful, I'm not that far along in this playthrough. I did make it past it, though. Generally when I get blocked in a mission, I go out and do some other activity for a bit and come back and try it again. Either I'll do better after having a run-through or see another way through it (as with jumping the highway).

I do agree with the save game thing, it really needs the ability to at least quick save on the fly. Having to start over, grab a car and do the entire mission from scratch can get old fast. Luckily, there aren't too many missions that give me a lot of problems, I can usually get it done the second time if I fail once.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2821 on: May 12, 2010, 03:57:46 PM

Bank mission.  swamp poop

Caved and got skate 3.  First impressions: they removed a lot of the stink from skate 2.  This one is incredibly accessible.

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2822 on: May 12, 2010, 07:45:07 PM

Which one?  I tried to do that last night and all my old stomping grounds are gone except SojournMUD.

Gemstone III IV

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2823 on: May 12, 2010, 08:10:35 PM

Where you have to chase them out the back door of the Triangle Club with all the goons firing on you, then chase them down in a car? I remember that being awful, I'm not that far along in this playthrough. I did make it past it, though. Generally when I get blocked in a mission, I go out and do some other activity for a bit and come back and try it again. Either I'll do better after having a run-through or see another way through it (as with jumping the highway).

I do agree with the save game thing, it really needs the ability to at least quick save on the fly. Having to start over, grab a car and do the entire mission from scratch can get old fast. Luckily, there aren't too many missions that give me a lot of problems, I can usually get it done the second time if I fail once.

Thanks for the tips. I'm now at a stage where I'm failing 3/4 missions, with 5-8 retries on each failure. If I could start the mission at the point where its actually starts, then that'd be cool, I'd try again, since it seems its 90% luck and not much else. So, well, I'm shelving this one.  swamp poop

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2824 on: May 13, 2010, 06:25:02 AM

Mostly watch what the target does and look for anything out of the ordinary. Last night I had one where I had to shoot this guy in his apartment, he ducks out a window (Brucie mission). I parked on the wrong side of the building and also thought it was supposed to be a foot chase, he got away. Next time I parked on the proper side of the building and the car chase played out as intended.

Also change up your weaponry, sometimes a shotgun or assault rifle is more appropriate. And don't forget how awesome grenades are for clearing rooms...or maybe just armor up and run through. Or see if you can run out the front door and zip around back (I don't think so for that mission, though).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2825 on: May 13, 2010, 07:25:02 AM

3D Dot Game Heroes.  Probably wait for the first to drop in price, and pick up the latter.

You want this.

Making thread.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2826 on: May 13, 2010, 10:24:29 AM

You want this.

Making thread.

I know I want it.  That part wasn't the part in question.  Nier is the one I'm going to hold off on.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2827 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25:27 AM

No, really.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2828 on: May 13, 2010, 10:44:11 AM

Been playing some CoH but it's been suffering a lot from crashes. My graphics card driver has been crashing again, most games it results in the screen freezing then going no signal and then working fine 10-15 seconds later. CoH crashes when this happens, which is frustrating. Especially since the game itself is a very fun single player and getting me a WWII fix that Pacific left me wanting.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #2829 on: May 15, 2010, 04:53:32 PM

I missed playing no more heroes during my WoW coma, I went ahead and plowed through that in about a week. The damn final boss music is stuck in my head. I haven't had a game make my palms this sweaty since the NES days.

On to No More Heroes 2.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2830 on: May 17, 2010, 06:37:34 AM

Having tremendous fun with my first Doviello game in the Orbis modmod for Fall From Heaven 2. They totally rock due to that new Totem mechanic if you have a nice Animal den nearby (I stumbled upon a Tiger den an love it).

Plus, prowling my archives and the web for old games for the Laptop I intend to take with me to Italy (1,86GhZ with 1gig Ram). Right now I think I'll settle for Master of Magic+Orion and a slew of Roguelike games. The internal graphic card is not made for modern graphics.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:39:35 AM by Tebonas »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2831 on: May 17, 2010, 07:19:13 AM

SimGolf, Alpha Centauri and HoMaM3 are some of my favorites for non-3D gpus. Don't forget Fallout, too.

Still into GTA4 and not caught up to my old save games yet. I forgot how much stuff there was in this game.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2832 on: May 18, 2010, 01:18:11 AM

FUEL for 21 hours worth ever since the Steam sale, and Alan Wake since Friday. Trying to take it slow with AW, don't want to blow through it.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2833 on: May 18, 2010, 03:37:32 AM

Tropico 3!  Neat little time-waster. 
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2834 on: May 23, 2010, 09:06:26 AM

Altitude is the best 5 dollars on gaming I have ever spent.  If you like competitive games and think that flying around a 2d space that looks like worms and shooting people sounds like fun, just go buy it on Steam right now.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: