Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2233182 times)
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #5495 on: January 11, 2012, 01:53:24 PM

Nelly's maneater?

All I can ask is, how did you manage that?

Seriously?
Yes. Not seeing the stickability of it.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5496 on: January 11, 2012, 02:06:44 PM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5497 on: January 11, 2012, 02:08:00 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #5498 on: January 11, 2012, 02:14:37 PM

Facepalm

Ok, I'll admit I wouldn't have thought of that one, which is odd since I generally do enjoy 80s music more than today's music. Consider me enlightened.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:25:07 PM by tgr »

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #5499 on: January 11, 2012, 02:18:01 PM

You fuckers think you are soooo clever. Made me try to think of another H&O song and now I have fucking MANEATER stuck in my head. Someone will pay for this.

So basically you're saying private eyes are watching us?

Some things are better left unsaid.
I'm sorry the correct answer was "Say it isn't so"

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5500 on: January 11, 2012, 02:21:32 PM

I'm guessing none of our kisses are on WayAbvPar's list at this point.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5501 on: January 11, 2012, 02:30:11 PM

Oh, you guys.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5502 on: January 11, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Can we call your lesson Adult Education?   Ohhhhh, I see.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5503 on: January 11, 2012, 04:08:09 PM

That would be Adult Contemporary Education, sir!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #5504 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:20 PM

That would be Adult Contemporary Education, sir!
What are you Out of touch?

He meant this song Adult Education

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5505 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:29 AM

It's a bitch, girl, and it's gone too far. You know, it don't matter anyway.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5506 on: January 12, 2012, 09:24:44 AM

Poking into the SC2 Ladder again, Tribes Ascend beta (the new map is really good), Natural Selection 2 beta (patch 190 is great, the game went from wow this is still really beta-y to actually really playable.

Waiting for Project Zomboid patch.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5507 on: January 14, 2012, 06:21:15 AM

Spent the last few days playing the "Man I wish my internet worked" game.  Ohhhhh, I see. Played a bit more Persona 4, and now it's back to SWTOR.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5508 on: January 14, 2012, 09:04:44 AM

SWTOR mostly. I have a ton of games I bought from the Steam Winter Sale, and I still haven't bought Uncharted 3...

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5509 on: January 14, 2012, 09:45:13 AM

My brother got Skyrim for christmas, and I can't afford it, so I'm messing around with surrogates right now.  Playing through Oblivion and Arena, trying to get Daggerfall working, wondering if I should spring for the Steam version of Morrowind.  Also finally got around to installing Dragon Age, so I'll see how that goes. 

Wondering if I should get Skyrim or The Old Republic next... leaning towards Skyrim since TOR sounds like a single player game I have to pay $15.00/mo to play, which is one of my personal big "fuck you" buttons.

Working through that series of X3 tutorials that Koro posted... it's the first time I've given the series a shot, so that's nice. I'm about eleven videos in and struggling to see what there is to do in the game, though.  In game, I have a hauler hauling trade goods around, and a crappy fighter-y kind of ship that I use for exploring, and I'm stuck for things to do.  It's just trudging back and forth from power plant to ore plant buying and selling power cells.  Nothing happens, nothing changes, I just get some more money and I don't know what to spend it on.  I could buy some other haulers I guess, but having to pilot that shit remotely seems like just as big a pain in the ass as doing it myself, so I'm not sure why I would.  I could do some missions, I guess, but I suspect the money wouldn't be as good as trading, and the rep wouldn't be as good, and my non-hauler ship is proably hilariously crappy.  Maybe the videos talk about something more interesting later.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5510 on: January 15, 2012, 12:12:53 AM

As far as X3 goes, I'd probably scrape together 500k or so (and do missions at stations with the ¢ sign when you can) and get started doing automated sector trading in a Mistral or something ASAP. A few things in that video series are pretty shitty for someone fairly newish to attempt to do, despite being fairly good tips, like starting sector trading using a million+ credit Mistral Super Freighter after a hundred hours of ferrying ore, silicon, and energy cells around for meager profits. The series is still done from the perspective of a vet with years of experience under his belt, so there's a lack of perspective to them at times.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5511 on: January 15, 2012, 11:14:40 AM

Kail; I've talked in the past about what you can do, check out the thread. For albion prelude, they juggled the map around a bit and added in a stock market, but the rest of the info should be good. You might want to look at the 'general order of things to do' section.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5512 on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:44 PM

Kail; I've talked in the past about what you can do, check out the thread. For albion prelude, they juggled the map around a bit and added in a stock market, but the rest of the info should be good. You might want to look at the 'general order of things to do' section.

Ah, THERE'S that thread.  I vaguely remembered it, but couldn't find it when I searched (kept finding the old one from like 2008).  Thanks!

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5513 on: January 15, 2012, 08:38:50 PM

Shelved/installed SWTOR, playing some Catherine and 3D Dot Heroes.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5514 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:34 AM

Picked up Dead Space 2 during the Steam sale for five bucks - what a deal, I would have never played this otherwise, but I'm really enjoying it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5515 on: January 23, 2012, 02:22:32 PM

Now that I'm done with Deus Ex, I had a tough choice: Skyrim, or one of the other bunch of games I bought at Christmas? I went with Skyrim, figuring it's probably going to be the best of the bunch and why delay gratification?

2 hours in, I'm positive I made the right choice. Funny that the opening is almost exactly like the Oblivion opening sans Patrick Stewart, yet I actually want to continue playing this one.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5516 on: January 23, 2012, 02:46:17 PM

Lol.

The opening is the same as....every Elder Scrolls game.  The game is the same as every Elder Scrolls game.

Except this one is utterly awesome and the last one was a putrid pile of shite.

I couldn't even tell you why.  Honestly.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5517 on: January 23, 2012, 02:48:10 PM

Because they blunted the shitty parts of an Elder Scrolls game just enough to let the awesome parts take center stage.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5518 on: January 23, 2012, 03:26:09 PM

After sitting on my shelf for over two years, I started playing Fallen Earth this weekend.

The tutorial was much shorter and less instructive than the one in beta (they also lost the introductions to all but two factions, and you never even meet that scientist lady you're apparently supposed to care about). At least they no longer start you at max level, kill you, and set you back to level suck.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5519 on: January 23, 2012, 03:28:23 PM

When I buy Skyrim, should I buy it for console (ps3) or pc?

I prefer to play games on pcs unless the console version is better.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5520 on: January 23, 2012, 03:29:28 PM

PS3 as far as I know still has a bad slowdown bug once your savegame gets to a certain size, and you can mod the PC version. I'd go PC.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5521 on: January 23, 2012, 06:38:36 PM

After sitting on my shelf for over two years, I started playing Fallen Earth this weekend.

The tutorial was much shorter and less instructive than the one in beta (they also lost the introductions to all but two factions, and you never even meet that scientist lady you're apparently supposed to care about). At least they no longer start you at max level, kill you, and set you back to level suck.

You seem happy about things that make me sad.  Only a little sad, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5522 on: January 23, 2012, 07:10:27 PM

You seem happy about things that make me sad.  Only a little sad, though.

I'm... not sure what you mean? I thought all the changes were for the worse except for the max level thing.

After riding the quad-runner for about twenty feet and getting a loading screen, I sat back in my chair and WTF'ed. I *liked* racing through the dam.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5523 on: January 24, 2012, 07:37:24 AM

I fell into the sarchasm.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5524 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:37 AM

Because they blunted the shitty parts of an Elder Scrolls game just enough to let the awesome parts take center stage.

Of course, the longer you play the more things you begin to notice that don't make sense, or quests that are quarter-baked, or NPC interactions that feel like they're going to go somewhere but don't, or the myriad things around the game world that were going to be part of something larger that ended up getting cut out because they were on a strict deadline. I think Skyrim should've been a shot at improving the "shitty parts" of the Elder Scrolls games while not devoting a large amount of resources into creating new systems to replace old ones that weren't broken.

But yet I still play it because it somehow retains that Elder Scrolls magic that allows me to sink 200+ hours into even an utter dogshit game like Oblivion.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5525 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:00 AM

Yeah, why can't I sort my inventory?  Oblivion had that, and it wasn't all grey, so I'm going to have to give it some love.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5526 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:54 AM

Funny that the opening is almost exactly like the Oblivion opening sans Patrick Stewart, yet I actually want to continue playing this one.

Oblivion starts you off with a dude braying at you in a tiny little cell while you're getting your bearings.  Then you hobnob with the motherfucking emperor as if he's known you all his goddamn life.  Then he and his bodyguard inexplicably throw you to the wolves for a bit so that you can do a completely out of place and tedious dungeon romp.  Then you meet up with the emperor again, all has been forgiven, and by the way would you take this crown jewel of the empire to a friend of mine if it's not too much trouble?  Then you get out and return to the Imperial City and look around for a bit only to realize the emperor walked through half of the motherfucking city and a legion garrison unmolested only to be killed by a carefully laid ambush in an out of the way sewer tunnel.

There's absolutely nothing about the Oblivion intro which feels natural, and it tries really hard to hamfist you into doing the main quest.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5527 on: January 24, 2012, 11:08:05 AM

I think that was a response to people who didn't like the fill-out-a-census-form-and-then-what-what-garble-garble of Morrowind.  Again, designing a sequel to appeal to those that didn't like the previous game leads to something something.  I'd rather they just focus on bugfixing.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5528 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:32 AM

Yeah, but running from a motherfucking DRAGON is much cooler than wandering through a dungeon with Tweedledee and Tweedledum while Patrick Stewart shouts encouragement at you.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5529 on: January 24, 2012, 11:19:51 AM

Of course, the Skyrim intro also has its problems with focusing on presentation over practicality at times. There's no way to, for example, make an archive save right after you pop out of the cave at the end and tweak or change your race or looks if you were dissatisfied with them during the tutorial. At best, you can load an archive save right before you auto-walk to Hadvar and then do the entire executon/dragon chase/dungeon crawl over again.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: