Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:53:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240159 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #5390 on: December 03, 2011, 10:32:04 PM

LoL and Orks must Die. I have Dungeon Defenders and Magika plus MTG 2012 waiting for me, but I just don't seem to have the time for them.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5391 on: December 04, 2011, 02:33:28 PM

I beat Rochard, took me 6 hours. The ending was a bit meh, but even so it's one of the best games I've played this year.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #5392 on: December 04, 2011, 02:45:32 PM

So I dungeon defenders and the entire dlc set for just over 5 bucks but Im not sure if I want to take a break from shitting on people with Morgana in league of legends. Battlefield 3 is feeling like a bit of a bore now unfortunately, and I fear return to karkand will only delay that slightly. Derp; back to tf2.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5393 on: December 05, 2011, 08:55:19 AM

Picked up Dawn of War II: Retribution at Hudson's for like $9 this weekend and added it to my play rotation. I have decided that Madden NFL 12 is a pretty and utterly frustrating experience. I cannot get the difficulty on the single-player right at all. Pro level feels like easy mode. All-Pro feels like the AI cheats to win. Trying to customize somewhere between the two feels like the game is letting me win even if I don't deserve it. And worst of all, no matter what difficulty I'm on, I never feel in complete control of the game. It feels like I'm sort of watching a series of Quicktime events roll by that almost but never quite feels like I'm playing a Madden game. It's really hard to describe and thoroughly confusing.

Other than that, I still have League of Legends and I need to get back to my FIFA 12 season and Be a Pro.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #5394 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:10 PM

This is just in: Civilization IV is a drug  ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5395 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:44 PM

Put a couple of hours into Hard Reset. Very intense and enjoyable, but the unforgiving 90s gameplay is tiring. I have no idea how we played Dooms and DN3Ds for hours on end back in the day.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5396 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:21 PM

After my Infinity Blade 2 save got erased because the game was rushed out in a 6 month development period, I blew through most of the Fight Night Champions story mode (only $5 on PSN).  Got to the last fight, and where the game had been a complete breeze up until then, the last fight is a completely unfun pain in the ass that makes you essentially run away from the guy for two rounds, before it will even really let you start to fight back (for the next three rounds after that it tells you to do nothing but body blows, which you need to do 75 of).

From there messed around a little with Shogun 2, which I picked up off Amazon for $15 direct download (it has Steamworks).  I own most of the Total War games from a Steam sale sometime back but never really played them so I'm trying to learn the basics, but the load times are kinda shit so I quickly get discouraged when I have to reload.  Maybe I'll try out the tutorial,
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5397 on: December 06, 2011, 03:07:56 PM

If it wasn't for the load times Shogun 2 would be great, but yeah they're completely egregious.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5398 on: December 06, 2011, 06:48:41 PM

This is just in: Civilization IV is a drug  ACK!

Terraria is my drug of choice  ACK! awesome, for real Heart
kartermichael65
Terracotta Army

Reply #5399 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:43 AM

Which Civilization is better the previous one or the latest one. I have only played its three parts and em yet to play the new one.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5400 on: December 08, 2011, 05:26:59 AM

Which Civilization is better the previous one or the latest one. I have only played its three parts and em yet to play the new one.

Depends on what you play for and who you ask.  I like them both equally but think Civ IV is superior for the mods available to it.  I much prefer the Civ V combat model, though the economy model sucks.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5401 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:15 AM

Civilization is something you buy to run Fall from Heaven, so it's still IV.

Enjoying Fallout:NV from the last steam sale. The combat system is unsatisfying, the quests are fragile, it really needs a "trash loot" indicator but exploring a world at your own convenience is a nice change from MMO's. Then I can go back and let Oblivion + Oscuro's overhaul continue with kicking my ass.

Dungeon defenders is sort of boring. It would be fun as a popcorn game with friends, but solo and PUG it's extremely limited and repetitive.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5402 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:18 AM

Enjoying Fallout:NV from the last steam sale. The combat system is unsatisfying, the quests are fragile, it really needs a "trash loot" indicator but exploring a world at your own convenience is a nice change from MMO's. Then I can go back and let Oblivion + Oscuro's overhaul continue with kicking my ass.

Dungeon defenders is sort of boring. It would be fun as a popcorn game with friends, but solo and PUG it's extremely limited and repetitive.

It has a symbol next to loot which is just vendor trash if I recall correctly.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #5403 on: December 08, 2011, 02:32:29 PM

Skyward Sword is fuuuuuuun.  Heart awesome, for real

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5404 on: December 08, 2011, 02:52:46 PM

Agreed on Dungeon Defenders.  Oblivion + Oscuro's Overhaul is in my top 10 game experiences of all time.  So good.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5405 on: December 08, 2011, 03:35:34 PM

Skyward Sword is fuuuuuuun.  Heart awesome, for real

I can't wait.  It is a present for my kid for Christmas so I have to wait.  Hard to not open it and start without her.  :)
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5406 on: December 08, 2011, 07:54:40 PM

Oblivion + Oscuro's Overhaul is in my top 10 game experiences of all time.  So good.

Buy Skyrim.  I like it way more than I thought I would.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5407 on: December 08, 2011, 08:58:16 PM

My personal protest against Australian pricing. I'm not interested in paying double the US cost for the same game (though skyrim is only 150%, it was an expensive title in the US). I can afford to wait till it goes on special, not like I don't have a backlog of games to get through (Kotor, Bioshock, ME2, Rift to name a few).

Oscuro's was a massive shock. The game becomes an absolute ball-breaker to where a cave with a couple of goblins is a substantial challenge. Though the other half was realising that Bethseda games work best when you ignore the main quest and just go exploring.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:02:04 PM by Kageru »

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5408 on: December 09, 2011, 06:30:17 AM

Oblivion + Oscuro's Overhaul is in my top 10 game experiences of all time.  So good.

Buy Skyrim.  I like it way more than I thought I would.

I loved Oblivion with Oscuro's Overhaul (plus about 30 more mods) but, to me, vanilla Skyrim  blows it away.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5409 on: December 09, 2011, 06:59:44 AM

Yeah, I never thought I'd say it, but Skyrim is the game Bethesda have been trying to make all this time.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5410 on: December 09, 2011, 07:57:19 AM

So I'm 3 missions into the Dawn of War 2: Retribution single-player campaign. Can anyone who has played this answer a question? Is the entire campaign a series of linear, move from cutscene to cutscene tube-like map design missions? Because if it is, I wasted my money. That shit is BORING. I was hoping for a campaign map like the one in DOW: Dark Crusade where I could choose the place to attack and was given a random map to play on and build things like I wanted instead of this lead by the nose cinematic bullshit which IMO is a terrible fit for an RTS.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5411 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:45 AM

So I'm 3 missions into the Dawn of War 2: Retribution single-player campaign. Can anyone who has played this answer a question? Is the entire campaign a series of linear, move from cutscene to cutscene tube-like map design missions? Because if it is, I wasted my money. That shit is BORING. I was hoping for a campaign map like the one in DOW: Dark Crusade where I could choose the place to attack and was given a random map to play on and build things like I wanted instead of this lead by the nose cinematic bullshit which IMO is a terrible fit for an RTS.

Yes, it is extremely linear.  You usually have options for a optional mission, but no reason not to do that optional mission.  In other cases, you have multiple planets to go to, but you can do them all and order doesn't matter.  Pretty good game overall, but those were limiting factors for me as well.  The only options you are given is the rewards after the missions, which is bit of an illusion as well as I think you would be crazy to select equipment over unit types in the early game.

My biggest gripe, not being a hardcore RTS guy, was the lack of a real pause. I don't have Korean-like mad action-per-second skills and found I wasn't really playing the game I wanted.  I still enjoyed them, but they could have been better.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5412 on: December 09, 2011, 09:47:29 AM

Hmm, I may have just wasted my money then. I fucking HATE RTS missions with tube-walled rails. The only strategy then becomes using your special abilities at the right time, and LoL does a much better job of that kind of gameplay.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5413 on: December 09, 2011, 09:51:24 AM

Yeah, I never thought I'd say it, but Skyrim is the game Bethesda have been trying to make all this time.
I agree.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5414 on: December 09, 2011, 09:52:44 AM

This is awesome.  But I'm going to remain willfully ignorant of it for now.  I'm sure I will want a slower leveling mod and perhaps some realism mods even if it the game is basically flawless (I'm just weird like that).  Plus I'm poor and have 50 games on Steam I haven't played.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #5415 on: December 09, 2011, 10:52:03 AM

Got into the Tribes Ascend beta, so I'm tooling around with that a little.  Can I just say though that the Hi-Rez launcher is a piece of shit.  Fuck you for not allowing me to install you into a directory named Games, because then you freak out over having the word "games" later on in your directory structure.  It's the dumbest damn thing I've ever fucking seen.   

Also Eve, Borderlands, Witcher 2, Orcs Must Die!  and Skyrim is in the queue after I finish witcher 2.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #5416 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:37 AM

Hmm, I may have just wasted my money then. I fucking HATE RTS missions with tube-walled rails. The only strategy then becomes using your special abilities at the right time, and LoL does a much better job of that kind of gameplay.

Dawn of War 2 single-player is trying to be squad-based Diablo.  It also has Diablo-like balancing problems where every encounter is either a cakewalk or your tank gets one-shotted, and there's very little middle ground.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #5417 on: December 09, 2011, 01:11:44 PM

DOW2's campaign is best with a friend too.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5418 on: December 09, 2011, 07:26:13 PM

Skyrim is in the queue after I finish witcher 2.
That might be a good call. I have a hard time considering other rpgs after playing Skyrim, it raises the bar in a lot of areas. I'm an explorer type, though, so it's classified as an opiate for me.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5419 on: December 10, 2011, 05:37:10 PM

Does Skyrim have levelling that gimps you against mobs in the later game (and needs to be modded) like Oblivion does?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5420 on: December 10, 2011, 06:13:59 PM

Not as bad as oblivion did it. It wasn't very noticable until you meet those stronger mobs. You can still blast past with some consumables / clutch spells, though. It was 1 in every 5 mob thing. Oblivion's scaling is terrible. At level 2, Kvatch is a cakewalk. At level 15, they start coming out with full blown daedras. There's no middle ground.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5421 on: December 10, 2011, 08:46:37 PM

You really have to go out of your way to gimp yourself in Skyrim, and the fact that your companion can handle him/herself quite well makes that very difficult.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5422 on: December 10, 2011, 10:29:10 PM

As others noted, it depends on how many Games Workshop miniatures you ate as a child.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5423 on: December 10, 2011, 10:37:55 PM

Que?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5424 on: December 11, 2011, 07:50:33 AM

Picked up Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, and Castlevania Lords of Shadow as part of a buy two get one free sale at Gamestop. I've only played DW:G so far; Castlevania I'm probably saving for after the holidays because I hear it's pretty long and I'm not going to have time for a game like that with SWTOR on the horizon. NMH I always wanted to play but, well, Wii, so now that it's out on PS3 I'm excited to give it a shot. I don't have the PS Move stuff anymore, so a regular controller will have to do.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: