Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1001030 times)
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2205 on: February 24, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

So is there anywhere that lists the full patch changes since the end of real beta? I haven't been on since then, and I've no idea what's what.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2206 on: February 24, 2013, 11:50:40 PM

The "Be a hero"-challenge is over and the winner of the heavy leaderboard had 370 wins and 155 losses (2nd place had 275 wins and 279 losses) which means (at 6 minutes/game) that they played in the 62 hours the challenge ran (10am pst friday- 11.59pm pst sunday) 52-55 hours  swamp poop
Hopefully the top player accounts were actually being played by multitude of players or you gained (positive) points by just logging into a match and "idling" it out (which would mean that the scoring wasn't really well thought out)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2207 on: February 25, 2013, 06:07:41 AM

Behold the FARTY TRENCHBUCKET.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2208 on: February 25, 2013, 06:22:42 AM

The "Be a hero"-challenge is over and the winner of the heavy leaderboard had 370 wins and 155 losses (2nd place had 275 wins and 279 losses) which means (at 6 minutes/game) that they played in the 62 hours the challenge ran (10am pst friday- 11.59pm pst sunday) 52-55 hours  swamp poop
Hopefully the top player accounts were actually being played by multitude of players or you gained (positive) points by just logging into a match and "idling" it out (which would mean that the scoring wasn't really well thought out)

At least one of them was not.  The guy who got #2 in mediums - ciller - was in one of the matches I got into while taking a break on Sunday morning.   Someone on the other team recognized him as the #1 at that time, congratulated him and asked how it was going.  He said he'd been online for the past 16 hours and was starting to 'feel funny.'   He then proceeded to get 2 kills, die and pop out to another match.

I'd wager that # of matches played a far greater portion of the stats than it should have.  It was probably matches, kills, win % in that order.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2209 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:09 AM

I'd dump the AMS + ammo, as well as down to 40 armor in each leg and 2 off the head for engine/JJ upgrade. Mobility is good. Sure, AMSs can be nice, but mobility is always good.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2210 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:00 AM

Holy crap, I'm almost done with the spider grind. Painful. The shit I put myself through for speed tweak.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2211 on: February 25, 2013, 09:05:18 AM

I'd dump the AMS + ammo, as well as down to 40 armor in each leg and 2 off the head for engine/JJ upgrade. Mobility is good. Sure, AMSs can be nice, but mobility is always good.

Possibly calling it the Farty Trenchbucket confused you with my seriousness.  But, yeah, I'm only dicking about at this stage. 

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2212 on: February 25, 2013, 09:32:12 AM

Possibly calling it the Farty Trenchbucket confused you with my seriousness.  But, yeah, I'm only dicking about at this stage. 

Well, I'm just an AMS hater. Nothing wrong with that build at all, in fact, it looks pretty deadly to me.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2213 on: February 25, 2013, 09:44:48 AM

Not likely for many of them. I talked to, and played against, quite a few of the ones on the leader boards and they would talk about how they're tired from being awake. Or I would see some on TS3 even. This is not exactly uncommon for catassery of such magnitude, it is just normally reserved for major game releases. Also, remember that if they rush in and get 1-4 kills (while making sure to hit every enemy once for the kill assist points) and die early, they just leave the match and hop in a new mech so time per match is also overlapping. Granted, a lot of the "top" players are not really that great (some truly are though while they also had a lot of time to play).

So is there anywhere that lists the full patch changes since the end of real beta? I haven't been on since then, and I've no idea what's what.
No, but just go to the patch notes forum on their official forum

Well, I'm just an AMS hater. Nothing wrong with that build at all, in fact, it looks pretty deadly to me.

Even as someone who doesn't use AMS, if I had a medium mech going this slow I would use AMS. I do like the build and think it is a good one overall (even with all of IW's seriousness!). It is honestly just an engine (XL300) switch away from being a Farty Trenchbucket to a really great build.

Switching to an XL300 allows for 4/5 JJ, leg armor at 39/48, and either an additional DHS, an additional 1t of SRM ammo, or [basically] max armor and JJ while also increasing speed from 71.3/78.4 to 97.2/106.9. The Treb is okay with an XL (except the 7k when using heavy ballistics), and the increased mobility is huge comparatively. Of course moving the ammo around would also help. TBT-7M
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2214 on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:26 AM

Funny, because I love AMS.  I put it on every 'mech unless it has ECM, and I think my Spider has both.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2215 on: February 25, 2013, 10:25:35 AM

Funny, because I love AMS.  I put it on every 'mech unless it has ECM, and I think my Spider has both.

Tonnage is way too valuable on the lights to be using AMS. Speed is your AMS, hell in a spider jumping through the air seems to mess up LRMs from really hurting you at all.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2216 on: February 25, 2013, 11:15:26 AM

I curled up tight behind a 2 AMS Stalker on that new shitty LRM map last night and rode him all the way to the enemy.  Our 3 AMS combined let pretty much nothing through and when we got to them, shit was tore up.  They cried for mommy.

I like AMS, though like any ammo dependant weapon it suffers from the tonnage that ammo requires and the fact that sometimes, STILL, the mechlab leaves you without ammo for the next match.

But seeing the swathe I can carve with a 2 SRM Trenchbucket, I'm really, really wanting to try it with 3.

Yes.  Yes, I see.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:22:34 AM by Ironwood »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2217 on: February 25, 2013, 01:39:18 PM

Tonnage is way too valuable on the lights to be using AMS. Speed is your AMS, hell in a spider jumping through the air seems to mess up LRMs from really hurting you at all.
Usually my 'mech is already so stuffed to the gills that the survivability I get for the 1.5 tons is more than the benefit from anything else.  I can't fit more weapons and my heat is balanced for what I do have.  Despite doing 150 km/h, I still eat a ton of missiles if I don't take AMS, and it helps my team as much as me.  Commandos don't get JJ, so no evasion that way.  (JJ are 0.5 per ton on a light anyways, so there's your weight savings right there.)

That said, I'm a big fan of my 'phracts after this weekend.  I was just crushing stuff.  Except those first few matches with Ironwood.  Yikes.  Performance anxiety I guess.  At least we ended by obliterating the opposition.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2218 on: February 25, 2013, 01:43:44 PM

I have that effect on women.

The last game was fucking awesome though.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2219 on: February 26, 2013, 01:12:11 AM

Good call on the advice Arthur, best I've had in ages.  Was rocking some nice games and sweet cash last night.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2220 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:00 AM

If I'm targeted by a Raven-3L I just run to my team now, like the scared and traumatized lil bitch that I am. Commando-2Ds have the same effect.

I have been watching my 11 year old daughter own with the raven, and my 9 year old son with the commando. And they are bad. That's why I had them buy those mechs. "Kids, Hit R, get a lock, and keep shooting! If you lose a lock, hit j and relock. Just keep circling!"

Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2221 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:43 AM

The Cicada has grown on me, possibly due to our regular "CICADA MADNESS!" 4-man runs. The tears of the butthurt fall down like rain.

Looks like we have a Cicada Hero mech incoming!

I have been watching my 11 year old daughter own with the raven, and my 9 year old son with the commando. And they are bad. That's why I had them buy those mechs. "Kids, Hit R, get a lock, and keep shooting! If you lose a lock, hit j and relock. Just keep circling!"

To own is in their blood.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2222 on: March 02, 2013, 07:14:58 AM

SRMs seem like they are too good.  Or, I've magically gotten awesome at this game (I'm sure that's it!).

CN9-A
2 Med Pulse Lasers
3 SRM6
1 AMS

XL 275 (89.1 KPH)

Should I really be doing 500+ points of damage most games?  I can't in my CTF-3D (2 LPL, 2MPL, jump jets, 74 khp) - average 200-500 damage.  And the assaults are hit or miss (but that makes sense to me, assaults are very dependent upon team support).

Maybe it's the centurion hitbox adding to the mix, I have a hard time hitting them (sometimes more so than the Jenners or Ravens).
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2223 on: March 02, 2013, 07:35:18 AM

I am not having any fun. I tried lights, and I hate them. Right now it's play light or go home. For an average player that can't seem to get the hang of the light class the balance right now is torturous.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2224 on: March 02, 2013, 07:36:48 AM

SRMs seem like they are too good.  Or, I've magically gotten awesome at this game (I'm sure that's it!).

CN9-A
2 Med Pulse Lasers
3 SRM6
1 AMS

XL 275 (89.1 KPH)

Should I really be doing 500+ points of damage most games?  I can't in my CTF-3D (2 LPL, 2MPL, jump jets, 74 khp) - average 200-500 damage.  And the assaults are hit or miss (but that makes sense to me, assaults are very dependent upon team support).

Maybe it's the centurion hitbox adding to the mix, I have a hard time hitting them (sometimes more so than the Jenners or Ravens).

Try dropping the AMS, switching the mpl for ml and swapping the xl for a standard.  As you play more you get better, so 500 damage is pretty easy, also make sure you open the missile doors.

I am not having any fun. I tried lights, and I hate them. Right now it's play light or go home. For an average player that can't seem to get the hang of the light class the balance right now is torturous.

Cent D with max xl engine is fun for killing lights with 2 ml, srm 4 and 6, it's very expensive though.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2225 on: March 02, 2013, 08:39:28 AM

Try dropping the AMS, switching the mpl for ml and swapping the xl for a standard.  As you play more you get better, so 500 damage is pretty easy, also make sure you open the missile doors.

Ran with no AMS for awhile, just popped it in on a whim when I had spare tonnage and felt like I did better against lights with missles (could be fooling myself here, but it's not like I ever run out of SR missles, so it's not hurting anything).

I don't have heat issues, and my attack pattern with this mech is to stick and move, stick and move - pulse lasers do one more point of damage in a quarter of a second less time which helps me put more damage on target than the mediums.

Maybe it's just my ELO bracket then, because most folks seems to struggle to put out more than 200 damage (and I'm one of them when I run my DN9-D LRM10, AC10, 2xMPL).

I'm guessing that where you are going with ML versus MPL and no AMS is - add more armor, which is a part of the game that I'm completely clueless about.  So, ok, say I make the switch back and free up 3.5 tons... what am I doing with those 3.5 tons?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2226 on: March 02, 2013, 08:49:21 AM

XL to standard engine change means you need more weight free.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2227 on: March 02, 2013, 10:20:42 AM

I find centurions need the non-XL engine (except for my CN-9D, which runs an XL 380 with 2 MPL and 2 SRM6 - BEASTLY 135kph with tweak). The beauty of a cent is running around with no side torsos, still laying down damage and making the other SOB say JUST DIE ALREADY.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2228 on: March 02, 2013, 11:18:04 AM

This game is really rather good.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2229 on: March 02, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

I keep wanting to play it, then remembering the staggering amount of grind I'd have to go through just to try out one other playstyle and doing something else instead. Is the newbie bonus still the last thing they did to update that?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2230 on: March 03, 2013, 12:36:20 PM

the grind is generally fucknuts.

my last remaining grind (right now I'm finishing up ravens) is the venerable atlas. After that I will stock up 50m, and wait for the clans.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2231 on: March 03, 2013, 02:44:28 PM

I was going to ask wtf grind you were talking about, then I remembered I used A founder's mech w/ 1 day of premium during the 'founders bonus' last weekend and only made 3mil credits.  Oh, THAT grind.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2232 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:02 AM

Really loving my Cataphract 2X.  The AC/20 followed by 10 SRMs just ruins people's day.

Sorry I missed you, Sam.  Got called away AFK and had to log by the time I came back way later.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2233 on: March 04, 2013, 09:41:32 AM

It's not grind when you are enjoying the shit out of it.

Money comes quick when you are premium and winning. I just bought the 'Farty Trenchbucket' cause I had too much money and no real plans for it. It's fun so far.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2234 on: March 04, 2013, 09:42:43 AM

Really loving my Cataphract 2X.  The AC/20 followed by 10 SRMs just ruins people's day.

Sorry I missed you, Sam.  Got called away AFK and had to log by the time I came back way later.

Love the 2X as well.  AC/20 , 3 medium lasers, 2 SRM6s for the face. It's just a solid brawler.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2235 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16:45 AM

I need to team up more.  I was studying for my first section of the ARE for the last 2 weeks and really could only do an hour or so when I took breaks.  Now that it's done and I don't take another section for a few weeks, I should group up this weekend.   

My patience for random groupings is quickly deteriorating.. it's getting worse than WoW battlegrounds with people doing dumb shit.  "Oh.. you're faster than me, I should totally walk in front of you in this narrow gap AND block when you try and go around.  Also, I'm going to get right up on top of this enemy mech and stand there, blocking fire from the rest of the team!"  Ohhhhh, I see.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2236 on: March 04, 2013, 11:15:45 AM

Lay the Smackdown With MechWarrior Online's Cicada Hero Mech

The free-to-play MechWarrior Online is getting another major update tomorrow, Tuesday March 5th. The patch includes several minor bug fixes, as well as the newest addition to the MechWarrior battle mech lineup: The X-5 Cicada. The Cicada comes in at a relatively light 40 tons, and can get going as fast as 133.7 kph.

The patch also includes an oft-requested feature in the new Testing Grounds. This will allow new pilots to pilot mechs in a non-competitive environment, learning the layout of maps as well as the finer points of operating a gigantic death machine before hopping into online battles.

If you've been playing MechWarrior Online since the Beta began, then you'll likely be happy to hear developer Piranha Games is adding new bonuses for specific types of kills. With the launch of the patch you'll get a Savior Kill bonus if you down an opponent who was attacking a teammate with a critical component at less than 50% health and a Defensive Kill bonus if you kill or attacked a killed enemy mech that was attempting to capture your base. Both of these bonuses net you 7,500 CBills (the in-game currency) and 150 experience.

The other major addition that the patch adds is a number of new statistics. From the number of matches played to the weapons being used to the total damage you've done, the goal is to provide you with a wealth of information.

If you want to learn more about the new X-5 Cicada hero mech, check below for a full feature list:

Base Mech:  Cicada
Tonnage:  40
Engine:  330 XL
Max Engine Rating: 340
Top Speed:  133.7 kph
Torso Twist:  125 degrees to each side
Armor:  268 points Ferro-Fibrous
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Arm:  Medium Laser
Left Torso:  Medium Laser, SRM 2
Right Torso:  Medium Laser, SRM 2
Right Arm:  Medium Laser
Hardpoints:
Left Arm:  1 Energy
Left Torso:  1 Energy, 1 Missile
Right Torso:  1 Energy, 1 Missile
Right Arm:  1 Energy
Internal Structure:  Endo-Steel
Heat Sinks:  13 Double
Jump Jets:  n/a
ECM Capable?:  No
Module Slots:  2
30% C-Bill Bonus
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2237 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:51 AM

The patch also includes an oft-requested feature in the new Testing Grounds.

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2238 on: March 04, 2013, 12:23:22 PM

Cicada.   smiley
No ECM.   sad

Pass.

Doesn't matter what guns they put on it, I'm not piloting any scout mech that doesn't have ECM cover, even if it's a 45-ton scout mech.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2239 on: March 04, 2013, 12:47:39 PM

I do better in my Commando 3D and 1B than my 2D for what it's worth.  The 2D just brings more to my team since my damage will never be stellar in a Commando, and not having to worry about missile locks is less stressful.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: