Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1011249 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #910 on: September 09, 2012, 07:24:10 AM

You don't have to pay to be in the beta, I received an invite a while back but I'm too busy with GW2 to bother doing anything about it.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: September 09, 2012, 07:43:21 AM

We're coming close to the point where it may be a moral imperative to break the NDA.  They really need to lower it by next week or voluntarily disclose certain elements of the game.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: September 09, 2012, 08:11:04 AM

I was in beta before I bought a founders package.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: September 09, 2012, 08:26:27 AM

We're coming close to the point where it may be a moral imperative to break the NDA.  They really need to lower it by next week or voluntarily disclose certain elements of the game.

But we have to keep following NDA's so the devs don't get mad at us and stop posting here.

Schild is still pining for Mark Jacobs to return.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #914 on: September 11, 2012, 04:46:42 AM

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:26 PM

So there was a screw-up and it seems anyone signed up to get into beta has been allowed in.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: September 18, 2012, 07:30:02 PM

So there was a screw-up and it seems anyone signed up to get into beta has been allowed in.

I was just coming here to post that.   They basically mass mailed a billion people saying that they needed to activate their beta invite, and as recompense, went ahead and granted it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #917 on: September 18, 2012, 07:33:31 PM

I got that email which said I'd already been allowed in and I was all "WUT?" So yes, I immediately signed up and am downloading it now.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: September 18, 2012, 08:14:45 PM

I'm sure that this has nothing to do with the fact that their dlc purchases are now live.

For testing, of course.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #919 on: September 19, 2012, 03:08:44 AM

Quite.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: September 19, 2012, 03:41:15 AM

I want them to make money, for they are the only ones who can give me the Mechwarrior game I am hungry for.
Obviously they are doing all they can to get money, but that doesn't make me like them less one bit. How else are they supposed to develop this game, being indie and all?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: September 19, 2012, 03:54:00 AM

If someone says 'give me money for good justice', that's one thing.  If someone says 'whoops, a mistake just happened that is timed so suspiciously close to the making of money' I'm a little less likely to regard it so well.

Also, this Open Beta has pretty much just become 'THE GAME' at this point and they need to stop fucking around and admit it so that some serious Buyer Beware can start happening.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: September 19, 2012, 03:55:10 AM

I agree that the NDA thing MAKES me like them less at this point.

Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: September 19, 2012, 05:03:36 AM

I await compensation for those of us who received the email but are already in the beta  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:43 AM

The more I read the beta updates and play the game the less I believe a word these guys are saying.

And the MechLabGarageDepotPlace feels more and more uncomfortable to use after each wipe I'm starting to throw in the towel.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #925 on: September 19, 2012, 09:22:56 AM

It very well could be a sinking ship moneygrab.  They're not inspiring me to believe otherwise at this point. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: September 19, 2012, 10:18:05 AM

It's all a conspiracy obviously.  Also how is this any different then GW2 Opening their stores during their beta?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: September 19, 2012, 11:11:54 AM

Jordan Weisman, creator of Battletech, interview. Part 1.

Jordan Weisman Interview (Part 1)

by Piranha Games Sep 19, 2012 12:14 PM PDT
Jordan Weisman Interview – Part 1

We recently sat down with Jordan Weisman, creator of the original BattleTech and MechWarrior games, to discuss MechWarrior and video games. Check out the first half of the interview here. Be sure to check out the second half on the MechWarrior Tactics Official Site.

What gives you the most satisfaction when creating something completely new?

I love the problem solving of figuring out how to bring together the creative elements I am looking for in way which feels “right” to the audience. My favorite time of any project is the first several months when all of those essential building blocks have to be created and fit together into a structure that hopefully will stand the test of time.

How did your collaboration with Russ Bullock and Piranha Games come about?

I have had a great time working with Russ and Bryan on MechWarrior Online. They are true believers, in that they have loved Battletech since they were kids (yes I am old) and really wanted to bring it to life in a fidelity level never seen before. Their talents and enthusiasm has only been exceeded by the talent of their team to execute upon the concepts that we came up with together. It has truly been a pleasure.

What is the future of gaming?

Well that is a wide open question - so my answers will be as broad as the question. In general I see games becoming more and more pervasive, meaning that they will be accessible to play at all times on devices that are with you at all times, and that your games and game state will available on many different devices at all times. Over the years I have seen a reduction in the play period of games from hours to minutes and I don’t think we are going back up because the flip side of being always available is that players are not forced to dedicated uninterrupted days to them.

Can you tell us a little more about Shadowrun?

No :) Only that we are working really hard on it and having a blast. We are releasing new information couple of times a month so stay tuned to http://www.harebrained-schemes.com!

Be sure to check out the second half on the MechWarrior Tactics Official Site!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Part 2

What was your inspiration to create BattleTech?

I had seen images and model kits from the Japanese shows Macross, Southern Cross, and Crusher Joe. I loved the visuals but wanted to create a story for them in which the Mechs where only machines, but machines that their pilots imbued with personality like we do with our warplanes, tanks, and even cars. I wanted to adapt these wonderful machines to setting that was born from Western tradition, in this case a retelling the Roman Successor States. And most of all, I wanted to create a game which merged the reality of tank warfare with the sci-fi/fantasy of giant suits of armor.

How do you approach the creative process when working on something new?

I start by identifying what I call the ‘primal’ fantasy that the world or game is attempting to touch on. What I mean by primal fantasies are the things that we liked to pretend we were when we were kids running around the house, but then find a more sophisticated way to tap into that inner child’s energy and enthusiasm. For Battletech the primal fantasy was knights in shining armor, but now the armor is 30 foot tall and the armor is all dented to hell because the older tech is better than the newer tech.

MechWarrior: Why giant sized robots?

Because they are COOL! See above for more details.

Can you tell us a little more about Shadowrun?

No  Only that we are working really hard on it and having a blast. We are releasing new information couple of times a month so stay tuned to www.harebrained-schemes.com!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:20:42 AM by Falconeer »

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #928 on: September 19, 2012, 11:35:09 AM

It's all a conspiracy obviously.  Also how is this any different then GW2 Opening their stores during their beta?

I don't know, except they had a launch date and no NDA.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #929 on: September 19, 2012, 10:06:31 PM

I don't know, except they had a launch date and no NDA.

... and features

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: September 20, 2012, 02:46:49 AM

There's stuff here, but we can't talk about it.

That's the problem.  There's no honest discussion of what's right, what's wrong, what's in, what's out.  And, considering where they are, that's utterly wrong, particularly if you want to talk about it, you need to be under the NDA yourself and until this it needed to be paid.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #931 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:57 AM

Sounds like a perfect storm.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: September 20, 2012, 07:17:14 AM

There's stuff here, but we can't talk about it.

That's the problem.  There's no honest discussion of what's right, what's wrong, what's in, what's out.  And, considering where they are, that's utterly wrong, particularly if you want to talk about it, you need to be under the NDA yourself and until this it needed to be paid.

In fairness they were sending a trickle of invites to folks who hadn't prepurchased, I got mine over a month ago. 
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #933 on: September 20, 2012, 08:11:02 AM

Things you have to pay for but can't talk about in public:

1) Drugs
2) Prostitutes
3) MechWarrior Online
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #934 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:06 AM

This week I finally understood why the NDA is still in place.  They are still accepting testers, so sign up for free with a very good chance of getting in, if interested.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #935 on: September 20, 2012, 10:10:33 AM

What was the game where schild basically said, "Screw it, they're doing "X" now, so they can't expect an NDA' and allowed us to talk about the game regardless?

It would seem that any game in beta that's asking you to pay in order to play the game feasibly should not also have an NDA. Maybe I'm a commie pinko liberal hippy freak tho.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: September 20, 2012, 10:32:12 AM

That was The Secret World and Funcom. Here, though, I am pretty sure that even if Schild gave us the go, we would probably wouldn't talk about it as some of us really want to support the developers and whatever they think is best for the health of the product. Also, don't want our beta access to be revoked.

If you want to talk or read about the game as if the NDA had been dropped, there's plenty of forums to do that and at least a couple are super-well-known. Seems like no one even think about the presence of an NDA anymore there, nor I heard of any ban given out for it (only person banned was the guy that made the video about three months ago, video that earned tons of money to Piranha Games, so uhm...).

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: September 20, 2012, 10:51:26 AM

It's not Piranha I'm worried about.

My mon Trippy don't Shiv.  You see.  He Nasty.

Balls Nasty.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #938 on: September 20, 2012, 11:27:55 AM

If schild says it's okay you'll be safe, maybe awesome, for real
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #939 on: September 20, 2012, 12:23:24 PM

My MWO guild got asked by Pirahna to crack down on the members for NDA violations.  We are pretty big and some people got caught breaking the NDA.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #940 on: September 20, 2012, 05:26:36 PM

Someone should pay to grief title Trippy with Balls Nasty.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #941 on: September 21, 2012, 01:59:18 AM

Private sub forum?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #942 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:06 AM

Only if the developer or publisher gives us permission.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #943 on: September 21, 2012, 08:27:54 AM

I'll ask.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #944 on: September 21, 2012, 01:15:25 PM

If you’re a PC Gamer subscriber (or know a friend who has one), keep an eye out soon for the latest issue of PC Gamer - MechWarrior Online is featured on the cover! PC Gamer, one of the largest video game publication in North America, not only features a killer CENTURION (hard copy) or AWESOME (digital) on the cover, but also has: A great article on the game; screenshots; behind the scenes interviews with our own Bryan Ekman and Russ Bullock!

Included is a free PC Gamer Mech skin as well as a Coconut Monkey bobblehead for your cockpit! Keen eyed readers will spot a few hidden gems in the article as well.

This issue will be hitting newsstands October 9th, 2012!

Unique PCgamer skin  Ohhhhh, I see.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: