Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254747 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5845 on: June 27, 2012, 08:10:11 PM

oh about DS1 i broke the game.
i had my fighter tanking 5 mobs at once and the healer chain healing...then something just clicked in my head. what if...i just let him do that...the whole time.
After experimenting a bit, i realized 2 healers and 1 tank can keep themselves up indefinitely , and gaining skills the whole time.
so the tank kept buffing up his armor, and the two healers pump up his health when it drops below 50% HP.

I got home 8 hours later and found them 7 levels up.  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5846 on: June 28, 2012, 02:39:18 AM

Game was poorly balanced, not remotely challenging and even more boring than those two suggest. I don't mind unbalanced if it's fun, but DS1 was unbalanced just due to lack of effort and care. So shiny, so boring.

I have never understood the sequels, or the idea they managed to be worse. I assumed it was because it was from microsoft game studios and making money isn't much of a concern for them.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5847 on: June 28, 2012, 08:52:58 AM

I enjoyed DS1, for what it's worth.  Never played the sequels.  (shrug)

Played a bit of Rock Band again recently.  Surprised that I am still (barely) in the top 1% of PS3 guitar players.  More surprised about the lack of good DLC in the last few months, though...   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5848 on: June 28, 2012, 10:23:38 AM

Picked up Record of Agarest War 2 despite my better judgement because I'm a sucker for fancy collector's editions

Did you get the booby mousepad ? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
That was from the original game. But yes.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5849 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:58 AM

Honestly, I liked Dungeon Siege for a bit just because the fact that there were no loading screens was just really neat to me.  Yeah, those were different times.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5850 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:38 PM

I liked DS1 enough - it was an OK change of pace to just set your party up and let them rip. And it was pretty for its time.

DS2 was utter garbage - arbitrary party size limits based on difficulty/number of times you finish the game? Go eff yourself.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5851 on: June 29, 2012, 07:13:25 PM

I slogged through the Spider Dungeon...now I'm at Glittermine ...and I'm about to give up. It's not challenging, it's just...boring.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5852 on: June 29, 2012, 11:28:04 PM

So I bought the Close Quarters DLC for Battlefield 3.

Yep, it's Call of Duty in a BF shell. Fucking meat grinder grabasstic grenade spam instadeath gameplay. Great for achievement/level whoring. Strategy? Not so much.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5853 on: July 01, 2012, 02:54:00 PM

I slogged through the Spider Dungeon...now I'm at Glittermine ...and I'm about to give up. It's not challenging, it's just...boring.

This makes me want to try replaying the game, just to see if I can come up with goofy builds or something.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5854 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:26 PM

I keep thinking of Dungeon Keeper when you all mentioned Dungeon Siege for some reason, had me a bit confused.

I am playing nothing apart from the Blood Bowl league. Though I am nearly finished studies and might get something shiny soon.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5855 on: July 01, 2012, 11:57:07 PM

I liked DS1 enough - it was an OK change of pace to just set your party up and let them rip. And it was pretty for its time.

DS2 was utter garbage - arbitrary party size limits based on difficulty/number of times you finish the game? Go eff yourself.

I tried DS2 for 3 hours on sunday oh man, that was tons better than DS1. i don't feel like continuing my DS1 playthrough already.
What's the biggest issue aside from party limit? I kinda like the new additions to the gameplay. It felt like a well-rounded action RPG and not very similar to Diablo in terms of leveling scheme. I enjoyed it, but got whacked by high lvl mobs without saving for 2 hours.  swamp poop

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5856 on: July 02, 2012, 12:39:14 AM

Last week I picked up Resonance from GOG - it's a very well-done 'oldschool' point-and-click adventure where you switch between characters a fair bit, a bit like Maniac Mansion and Day Of the Tentacle. The graphics are VGA-pixelly, but I consider that a plus.  awesome, for real

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5857 on: July 02, 2012, 01:11:36 AM

I'm enjoying Sims 3 at the moment though.

After journeying to the past with a time machine, I managed to bring back a daughter - and I still don't know the mother.
I kicked her out of the house after she finished her education - I didn't owe her anything.
Eventually my sim reached the top of the movie career and become a local celebrity - I decided to spend his lifetime happiness on a potion of immortality.

That was 3-4 play sessions ago.

The present.
Making my Sim immortal with a magical potion created a situation where everyone dies of old age around him.
His lover turned old..ugly....wrinkled...and dies.
Then his daughter too. Good bye Mildred. I never knew your mother.
Then his dog. Poor Hiver.
Eventually stopping by his favorite bar, he noticed the regular bartender using a walking stick to get to work.
So this is how being immortal is like.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5858 on: July 02, 2012, 04:48:43 AM

No, that's only the *start* of being immortal.   Soon times will change. What he thought he knew will be folly.  Language will begin to shift. Memories of old times will interfere with his understanding of the present.   Eventually the human species will evolve, leaving him some strange relic of a time gone by.  As out of place as Australopithecus would be among Homo-Sapien and even less able to adapt because the brain just can't hold that many memories.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5859 on: July 02, 2012, 04:54:05 AM

Are you implying as soon as you become immortal you get a photographic memory?

Because if not, you just forget old stuff to make new for new one. Just like normal humans do.

On topic, done with the Magic 2013 campaign (which was WAY shorter than the previous versions). Going to unlock all decks and be done with it. Planechase is not as fun as the old Archmage modus and there are no custom single player games against the computer it seems.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5860 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:27 AM

Turns out my wife knows more about Wonder Woman than I thought, starting with "She can't fly".

Yes, she can. Maybe not in every iteration of the character, but most of the ones I remember in the last 20 years can fly.

I thought she could just leap hella high.

Hah, just wanted you to know i caught that and now I'm off to catch up on Wonderella.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5861 on: July 02, 2012, 07:26:07 AM

Are you implying as soon as you become immortal you get a photographic memory?

Because if not, you just forget old stuff to make new for new one. Just like normal humans do.

On topic, done with the Magic 2013 campaign (which was WAY shorter than the previous versions). Going to unlock all decks and be done with it. Planechase is not as fun as the old Archmage modus and there are no custom single player games against the computer it seems.

No, while not everything is stored in long-term memory, long-term memories are believed to be permanent with no decay, just a failure to recall.  That's why Alzhimers patients will spontaneously and vividly recall memories 50 or more years old.  The memories were never gone in the first place.

We never reach storage 'capacity' because we simply don't live long enough.  Immortals will run in to that problem.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5862 on: July 02, 2012, 07:29:42 AM

Been playing Bastion a bit this weekend. Enjoying the atmosphere and artwork quite a bit.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5863 on: July 02, 2012, 08:03:47 AM

We never reach storage 'capacity' because we simply don't live long enough.  Immortals will run in to that problem.
And immortal != regeneration; so assuming you don't age...be careful not to get too many concussions or maimed. An immortal parapalegic would suuuuuck.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5864 on: July 02, 2012, 09:21:56 AM

I still would take that risk and do something about my immortality once it starts to suck. Better than dying eons before I run into those problems.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5865 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:12 AM

If you can gain immortality, just make sure to gain nigh invulnerability and excellent recuperative powers with it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5866 on: July 02, 2012, 02:05:37 PM

I'm debating jumping into the F2P version of LOTRO on Steam.

Should I bother?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5867 on: July 02, 2012, 02:09:38 PM

Do you like delivering pies?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5868 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:18 PM

I like LOTRO but I think they *really* hamstring the free players past the first couple zones. If you want to progress totally for free get ready for the mother of all grinds as you kill hundreds of monsters to advance kill deeds to get points you can eventually spend on quest packs.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5869 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:27 PM

Do you like delivering pies?

Huckleberry?

I'm looking for a distraction, not a game to go to...whatever the hell endgame is. Assaulting Mordor?

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5870 on: July 02, 2012, 02:29:36 PM

Just fired up Galactic Civilizations again. God I miss MoO2...

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5871 on: July 02, 2012, 05:30:51 PM

I'm debating jumping into the F2P version of LOTRO on Steam.

Should I bother?

If you have nothing better. They've done a reasonable job of capturing the middle earth in miniature so lots of locations and places from the book quite well represented and bonuses for exploring. It has a "low fantasy" appeal in that it's not full of floating cities and endless magic and thus has a certain reality. The combat is pretty unsatisfying, slow paced, the classes seem to settle into their game-play fairly early though the powers scale and it's free to play pretty much in the same way WoW is. You can dink around in the starter zones but eventually you are going to be paying and it can add up quite fast.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5872 on: July 02, 2012, 05:39:03 PM

The movement/combat in LOTRO made me nauseous.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5873 on: July 02, 2012, 05:44:08 PM

How long ago was that? A few years ago they made some kind of change with the timing/animations that made the combat go from "argh!" to "I kind of like this" for me.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5874 on: July 02, 2012, 05:50:29 PM

How long ago was that? A few years ago they made some kind of change with the timing/animations that made the combat go from "argh!" to "I kind of like this" for me.

It was a couple years ago, maybe 6 months or so after it went f2p?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5875 on: July 02, 2012, 06:08:13 PM

Yeah, I remembered it as being pretty mushy and slow (melee particularly) at launch but when I tried it again about a year or so ago, it was much better.  Still not WoW-responsiveness, but better than CoH or STO.  About the same as SWTOR these days.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5876 on: July 02, 2012, 06:12:04 PM

Proudft, you are completely insane, it is nowhere NEAR as responsive as SWTOR. Hell I played my warrior recently in a scroll of ressurection fit and I found WoW felt a little less responsive than SWTOR for that class at least.

Chimpy, the change I am thinking of happened before F2P so I guess you played it already with the change that made it OK for me.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5877 on: July 02, 2012, 06:16:38 PM

I don't find SWTOR melee to be all that responsive, especially for movement.  It's passable for me, but still not up to WoW.  And that's how I felt about LOTRO, thus the comparison.

On the What I've Been Playing topic, I've been trying Fallen Earth a little lately - and that is in a whole other ballpark of awful as far as movement feel, but the gathering seems interesting.   I don't expect it to hold my attention long, though.  I kinda stopped World of Tanks for no particular reason after getting a BT-7.  And CK2 Islam is pretty neat, currently playing Palermo and taking over southern Italy from the infidels.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:26:20 PM by proudft »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5878 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:27 PM

I'll give it a whirl next weekend in between D3 farming burnouts.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5879 on: July 02, 2012, 07:04:15 PM

I have 3 choices. I think.
A) I met a vampire. I think she doesn't age. Maybe I should marry her and start a clan or something.
B) Or. Mess with tinkering and construct 8 robot servants....
C) Or...adopt 8 kids. Start an orphanage.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: