Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: I'm done! Nintendo has fucked me on^h^h^h 3 times too many! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm done! Nintendo has fucked me on^h^h^h 3 times too many!  (Read 59893 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 06:59:37 PM

Stuff

I already said as much in another thread. But I'm not bitter - those newbies just don't know better.

Yet.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
KapcomS
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 07:01:04 PM

Your sister is a pegasus.

HEY!  Spoiler alert, please!  Geez!

I just spoiled the first minute of the game. My bad.

Still, if they repainted that game with a better story and graphics, made it incredibly Japanese, and threw in some more levels, they could call it "Jericho Grain Silo H: Block Holocaust". Because you destroy a lot of blocks in that game, and everyone's a sucker for cheap DBZ-like anime.

To be fair, I realize WoW's just an overglorified Diku MUD. That didn't stop me from running two characters to 60 before getting utterly sick of it. It didn't stop me from getting at least some enjoyment from it. Most of the people who complain bitterly about WoW have played it for ages, and got at least more enjoyment from it than they would playing Barbie and the Magic of the Pegasus. I'm as jaded as the rest of you, I just wanted to prove your exaggerations wrong. I succeeded.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 07:22:10 PM

Why are you guys fucking up Schild's Nintendo hate thread?
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 09:08:45 PM

I'm as jaded as the rest of you, I just wanted to prove your exaggerations wrong. I succeeded.

You didn't prove anything to me. All I said was that that Barbie title was a better game. As in, it had more game and puzzle principles behind it than even the best example of a diku MMO (i.e. WoW).

Your criteria for saying WoW is better basically came down to Barbie not being a better MMO. And I wouldn't disagree with you there. WoW is a better MMO. But I was talking about games.

Whether you consider one or the other more fun is out of the scope of this thread though.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 10:01:27 PM

Why are you guys fucking up Schild's Nintendo hate thread?

Because Nintendo hate is about as stupid as WoW hate.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 10:06:07 PM

Hardly. Nintendo makes games. Hating WoW is about as important as hating Pine-Sol.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 11:55:10 PM

Hardly. Nintendo makes games. Hating WoW is about as important as hating Pine-Sol.

From some reason I don't equate the smell of Pine with cleanliness.  In fact the smell of Pine-Sol reminds me of Christmas tress being left up long after they're dead and brown.  It's not a smell I'm overly fond of (it doesn't make me gag like the smell of cloves though).
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 04:14:15 AM

Returned both Zeldas as "Defective" to Walmart. Got my money back. Paid off Lost Planet for pickup in early January and picked up my preorder of Super Swing Golf. As I said in the other thread, the latter is the best title I've laid my hands on for the Wii. It makes Wii Golf in the Wii Sports pack look like a goddamn joke. And given the design, it looks a lot better than it should - even though it's still only a notch better looking than Ribbit King.

I've only got a handful of first party Nintendo games from the Cube to get rid of (Sunshine, Smash Bros and uhm, I think that's it) and I'll have purged my damn house of post SNES 1st Party Nintendo console games. Let the boycott begin. Welcome to the EA-Zone, Nintendo.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 04:31:33 AM

You're returning the games but keeping the system? Isn't that a bit inconsistent?
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 04:40:03 AM

Returned both Zeldas as "Defective" to Walmart.

Words escape me. You return stuff as "defective" just because you don't like it?

I'll have purged my damn house of post SNES 1st Party Nintendo console games. Let the boycott begin. Welcome to the EA-Zone, Nintendo.

Eh? You are overreacting. Are you still five years old?
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 04:52:37 AM

You're returning the games but keeping the system? Isn't that a bit inconsistent?

If EA made a system and Atlus, Natsume, Tecmo and such made games for it - I'd have no choice but to own the system. As such, I've made a very, very specific boycott. 1st Party Console titles which include titles such as Mario Galaxy, Metroid Corruption, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Also, Mii/Animal Crossing and Mario Party n.

Quote from: Jeff Kelly
Words escape me. You return stuff as "defective" just because you don't like it?

When you buy 10+ games a month on average and roughly 150 a year depending on release activity (at full price, on release day), you don't feel even an iota of remorse when you return things for any reason. I especially don't feel bad when that return involves Walmart. There's a reason I chose them. Fuck Walmart.

And no, I'm not overreacting. The Gamecube was by and large a piece of shit (especially when compared to the PS2). I got rid of most of my N64 stuff years ago, including the console. So, that didn't exactly take much effort. When I do something like this, I see it through. I don't go out and buy Burnout no matter how much I like it, simply because it's from EA. My EA boycott has been in place for YEARS. The only EA games I've spent even a dollar on are from Maxis, whom - while owned by EA - still proves to me they deserve my money. The new west coast studio they stole from UBISoft has many of my favorite UBISoft employees and is dedicated to making original IP.. Pretty connfident I'm going to break down and get Army of Two to see if EA put their money where their mouth is on the IP promise.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:04 AM

Oh, the humanity.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 05:37:14 AM

I see it through. I don't go out and buy Burnout no matter how much I like it, simply because it's from EA. My EA boycott has been in place for YEARS. The only EA games I've spent even a dollar on are from Maxis, whom - while owned by EA - still proves to me they deserve my money. The new west coast studio they stole from UBISoft has many of my favorite UBISoft employees and is dedicated to making original IP.. Pretty connfident I'm going to break down and get Army of Two to see if EA put their money where their mouth is on the IP promise.
Okay that makes even less sense than your Nintendo thing (at least that's a hardware/software split). That's like saying "Boycott Nike cause they exploit their workers! Except for Air Jordans because Michael Jordan is cool". If you are still buying stuff from the company you are "boycotting" that's not a boycott.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 05:48:09 AM

It doesn't make sense, but yet, I completely understand it. Who in their right mind would want to boycott Maxis?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 05:56:24 AM

While I admire your stance, I don't get the logic...you are still going to buy assloads of Wii games, not to mention all the DS stuff you have.  You are still Nintendo's idea of a dream consumer, no?

And you aren't really screwing over Walmart either are you?  They let you return games on shaky grounds with smiles on their faces (while they might just tell the rest of us to fuck off) because they know you'll be back 10 more times this month buying shit from them.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 06:07:26 AM

Quote from: Jeff Kelly

When you buy 10+ games a month on average and roughly 150 a year depending on release activity (at full price, on release day), you don't feel even an iota of remorse when you return things for any reason. I especially don't feel bad when that return involves Walmart. There's a reason I chose them. Fuck Walmart.

"Yes" would suffice.  Zelda is one of the top games of the year.  You don't like it, and that's cool, but the amount of hostility makes you sound like you've gone off the deep end because GC Zelda didn't include a targeting cursor?   Honestly?   Not to mention it sounds like you're going to spend more filling Nintendo's pockets with the license costs than the average gamer would by buying Zelda, and you really want to call that boycotting? 

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:14 AM

When you buy 10+ games a month on average and roughly 150 a year depending on release activity (at full price, on release day),

I find your disposable income disturbing.

You could feed an entire village in Africa on that type of dough. Sure, they'd convert to Islam and then blow your ass up in appreciation, but still.

I salute you and your support of capitalism. :)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 08:13:06 AM

It doesn't make sense, but yet, I completely understand it. Who in their right mind would want to boycott Maxis?

Me. Sims is boring. Spore doesn't really interest me at anything other than a conceptual level. SimCity was the last Maxis title I wanted to play and I got over that years ago. Will Wright makes great conceptual sim ant farm toys but they aren't games in the sense I want to play them. I'd prefer other people to take his concepts and make decent games out of them.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 08:33:12 AM

The DBZ game is alright.  Rent, don't buy.  Better yet, talk a friend into renting, go to his place, play it for two hours, get bored and leave.

I played it at a friend's.  That was ideal.

Suffers from "Fight this guy! You win! Here's a cutscene showing you losing and him dominating!  Fight him again!  You win!  Here's another cutscene of you getting owned!  Fight him again!  You win!  Here's a cutscene of him finally being destroyed and you just barely escaping alive!"

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 19, 2006, 08:43:35 AM

i'm weak, my boycott of EA has now been limited to boycotting Madden football, even though I LOVE ME THE FOOTBALL.

So I don't see that boycott lasting too long either. The road to Hell is paved in good intentions... or Carebear pubic hair, I forget which one it is.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 08:47:46 AM

I'm not boycotting anybody.  After the PS3 cornholing I took, the Wii isn't likely to bother me much, but time will tell.

I typed a lot of words but I don't think I actually said anything, so I deleted them.  Maybe I meant to say something about software being the deciding factor, not the console hardware.  Of course, the new patchable consoles are changing that.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 09:14:50 AM

I don't really boycott anyone anymore. I boycott specific games, as in I just don't give a shit about them. My boycott of EA got me nothing, they are still the only ones making fucking football games. They are the only socceer game in town (that I like). I never was much for the rest of their shit franchise lineup anyway so it isn't like my boycott was going to have much effect either way. Madden on the Wii looks like the way to go, even though I was very meh on the X-Box version.

I tend to boycott MMOG's in specific. I boycotted SOE for the longest time, until EQ2 got to be good, but really that boycott didn't hurt because they put out shit during the time I was boycotting.

EA, Ubisoft, Vivendi, all of them are in this shit to make money. They don't care about my feelings on the game or the industry and so my boycott means fuckall to them. It doesn't touch them at their level. Meanwhile, I could be missing out on great games like FIFA 07, so I'll just buy what I think is a good game and give not a shit who makes it. Good games > indignation over shitty (and now standard) business practices.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 09:26:47 AM

I like Ubisoft. Out of those big three companies you listed, I think they give a shit the most.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 09:27:11 AM

Ill be over in the corner happily playing my Xbox 360. Dont mind me. Im having fun.

Rage on brother!!!!! Dont let the man keep you down!!!!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 09:43:59 AM

This week, I'm mostly boycotting Sega consoles.

Oh, and Pickled Herring. It smells funny.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Joey
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 19, 2006, 11:23:47 AM

Schild, I don't mean this in the harsh way that it may read on the internets, but you're fucking crazy, man.  Loco.  Permanently out to lunch.

schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: December 19, 2006, 11:27:57 AM

Speaking of Sega consoles. one of my roommates found a Sega Dreamcast metro bag of sorts at work. It's mine now. it's pertty sweet.

And you aren't really screwing over Walmart either are you?  They let you return games on shaky grounds with smiles on their faces (while they might just tell the rest of us to fuck off) because they know you'll be back 10 more times this month buying shit from them.

Irony of ironies, I only go to Walmart to abuse them. I do not "shop there" as a consumer. It was bad enough even being in that store with the Walmart brand Christmas Shoppers. Had they told me to "fuck off," I might have snapped. After a bad run with trying to find HDDVDs last month, I've actually kinda boycotted Walmart also. But they had it a long time coming. One of my roommates is allergic to Walmart anyway.

My, my, I'm just full of boycotts.

Schild, I don't mean this in the harsh way that it may read on the internets, but you're fucking crazy, man.  Loco.  Permanently out to lunch.

It's cool dude, but I disagree. I'm more of a permanently at lunch kinda guy really.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #62 on: December 19, 2006, 11:46:17 AM

It's cool dude, but I disagree. I'm more of a permanently at lunch kinda guy really.

Thats cause you use your lunch break to go buy new games.
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: December 19, 2006, 11:50:51 AM

fNah, I use my lunch break... break to bitch about them here. See, here's the rub. I don't get angry at the BIG PROBLEMS with games and gaming. It's those little things that fucking build up and make me explode. I can rationalize a giant fuckup because I can generally point a finger and blame the designer and write a couple sentences on the internet and people just get it. Big fuckups are easy. Articulating the ongoing anger I've been bottling since the N64 just isn't something I'm prepared to do. It's just not easy. It's been little tiny thing after little tiny thing. Just hundreds of thousands of little tiny things. And the new Zeldas finally made my blood reach a boil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #64 on: December 19, 2006, 11:54:31 AM

Aren't games for fun?

Let the hate go, man. Even the irritations. You'll live longer and be happier.
schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: December 19, 2006, 12:06:30 PM

Games are for fun. So after I posted a bit on here, I went and played some other shit. I don't really stress for more than 2-5 minutes at a time. Trust me when I say that what kills me will have nothing to do with games.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #66 on: December 19, 2006, 12:44:32 PM

Trust me when I say that what kills me will have nothing to do with games.

I still have my money on a freak wiimote accedent.
KapcomS
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 19, 2006, 03:03:40 PM

I don't see why you guys are so bent out of shape at his boycott. His level of and capacity for rage and holding grudges is inspiring.
schild
Administrator

Reply #68 on: December 19, 2006, 03:05:33 PM

Did no one else here play games on the N64 and Gamecube? It's like I'm talking to people who haven't played a Nintendo system or game since the SNES. Once again, SNES = best sytem ever. That Nintendo is dead. I don't like the new Nintendo. They enjoy fucking with me and my childhood. If a truly good third party game that makes the Wii great comes out for the Wii, I'll be the first to admit it as such. Super Swing Golf, like I said, is pretty fucking awesome. Other than that, the system has been a lollercoaster for me. Needs More Cowbell.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #69 on: December 19, 2006, 03:08:52 PM

I enjoyed my N64 plenty. I didn't own a GC, but I had a lot of fun with that too.

Your views might be slightly skewed, as someone who buys more games, per month (50+), than I own in total.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: I'm done! Nintendo has fucked me on^h^h^h 3 times too many!  
Jump to: