Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1  (Read 29837 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 11, 2011, 06:27:42 PM

Yep it was a good game. I played better than I thought I would completing a ridiculous pass to my lineman at one point to get out of jail. However, I can't block or dodge at this point so my team sorta sucks! Ah well, I'd like to play again with a slightly more advanced squad and no time commits.

Overall, not a bad start for a game I expected to lose.

You didn't resign I hope. If you resign you don't get points and money!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #106 on: May 11, 2011, 06:35:36 PM

No it was a time out surrender so that Paelos got his MVP
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #107 on: May 11, 2011, 07:58:40 PM

I only take credit for giving up 1.5 of the TDs. The third was just the gravy shot after I left.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #108 on: May 12, 2011, 11:23:16 AM

Acherontic Welkin 2 - 0 Peace Dogs.

Game featured hawt elf on elf akshun. Someone's neck got broken. Balls got tossed.

* Edit: also, just got hit by the money bug. Won 60 grand, ended up with 30. Hahahaha, fuck the programmers.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:28:48 AM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #109 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:27 AM

Worst fucking game ever. My dice... my dice were the worst I have ever seen. And on the flip side, Megrim's dice were the best I've ever seen. Looking at the match stats, on block dice alone, out of 107 rolls, he got either a defender down or defender stumbles roll over 40 times. I got about half that. It was sick. It's a wonder I didn't get more than the 1 lingering casualty that I got - which happened to be a -1 AG on a leveled up lineelf. Fuck me. It was horrible.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: May 12, 2011, 12:25:57 PM

How we looking for day 2 ?

I'm off to Amsterdam this weekend, but dying to get out and rat again...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #111 on: May 12, 2011, 01:11:42 PM

I'm back from the land of baguettes and horribly over priced shit.  We should be able to knock our game out tomorrow or Saturday.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #112 on: May 12, 2011, 01:12:58 PM

I'm back from the land of baguettes and horribly over priced shit.  We should be able to knock our game out tomorrow or Saturday.

You were in San Francisco?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #113 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23:09 PM

He would have mentioned bums somewhere in that if he was  awesome, for real

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #114 on: May 12, 2011, 04:50:00 PM

2 games to go.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:37 AM

2 games to go.

Damm.  ACK!

Ok, PM sent.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 13, 2011, 01:38:50 AM

Hurry up you lazy fuckers.

I swear, you're all worthless and weak.  Now drop and give me 20.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: May 13, 2011, 02:00:57 AM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: May 13, 2011, 02:25:54 AM

Note to everyone: when you say your time to play, please mention what time zone you are referring to? Der Helm has his connection fixed, but we're running out of time to play and I don't know what 8am his time means compared to my 8am (Australian AEST GMT +10 btw). I hope we can play tomorrow.  

A team of 1 Minotaur and nothing but Beastmen is an interesting play, should be hilarious to watch his ball handling if we can get a game running.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:33:03 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #119 on: May 13, 2011, 02:43:56 AM

He would have mentioned bums somewhere in that if he was  awesome, for real
No, there was actually a lot of those in Paris as well.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: May 13, 2011, 05:46:47 AM

Sorry, again. I thought everyone knew I was German.  awesome, for real

A team of 1 Minotaur and nothing but Beastmen is an interesting play, should be hilarious to watch his ball handling if we can get a game running.
What is this "ball" you are talking about ?  awesome, for real

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #121 on: May 13, 2011, 07:40:57 AM

Be careful, it's something they throw on the field to trip you up on your way to BASH!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: May 13, 2011, 08:00:28 AM

Be careful, it's something they throw on the field to trip you up on your way to BASH!

But.... thats CRAZY... someone could get hurt...  ACK!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: May 13, 2011, 08:52:58 AM

Game's set for tomorrow sometime hopefully - An entire team with no skills vs high skilled Amazons half of whom have block. However, I'm giving away enough inducements for the Chaos team to hire a full line up of Chaos Warriors and a wizard or two. The game is going to come down to if the inducement's work.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #124 on: May 13, 2011, 10:45:13 AM

Hurry up! Even I played my match, and my opponent was out of town and in Asia!

Mob

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55:30 AM

Didn't we start a league or something about a month ago? Whatever happened to that?

JESUS FUCK PLAY SOME BLOOD BOWL.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: May 13, 2011, 11:00:54 AM

Note to everyone: when you say your time to play, please mention what time zone you are referring to? Der Helm has his connection fixed, but we're running out of time to play and I don't know what 8am his time means compared to my 8am (Australian AEST GMT +10 btw). I hope we can play tomorrow.  

Also remember that if you have a northern/southern hemisphere split you will probably fuck up any allowance for daylight savings.

(Smart people realise that GMT ignores daylight savings, even smarter people confirm current local time in pms because the opponent might be dumb)

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #127 on: May 13, 2011, 11:00:58 AM

Mob

Are you in that much of a hurry for day 2?  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #128 on: May 13, 2011, 11:16:29 AM

Mob

The fast we do this the faster my team gets block!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: May 13, 2011, 11:30:03 AM

The faster we play the quicker I get to the playofgfs to chocke  awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #130 on: May 13, 2011, 11:40:06 AM

The faster we play the quicker I get to the playofgfs to chocke  awesome, for real

If I make the playoffs I'll make you pay for that garbage third TD  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: May 13, 2011, 11:47:45 AM

If I make the playoffs I'll make you pay for that garbage third TD  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

3 points closer to the playoffs BABY  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

awesome, for real
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: May 13, 2011, 12:36:09 PM

Assuming Der Helm is right in him being GMT+1, our game will be 7pm Melbourne AUS time tonight.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #133 on: May 13, 2011, 03:50:58 PM

Mob

I'm sure as hell not, I don't care how much in inducements I get.  ACK!

God Save the Horn Players
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: May 13, 2011, 11:04:47 PM

Assuming Der Helm is right in him being GMT+1, our game will be 7pm Melbourne AUS time tonight.
The internet told me that the new(ish) term for gmt is UTC. And all evidence points me to Cologne being the same as Berlin which would be +1.

Finishing up work right now, kicking *OUT a few WAY to drunk guests  (fuck hen/stag nights  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ) should put me in the right mood.

edit: I don't just kick people, I kick them OUT   ACK! awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:40:00 AM by Der Helm »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: May 14, 2011, 12:30:40 AM

UTC and GMT are up to 0.9 seconds different at any particular time. GMT is way cooler.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: May 14, 2011, 12:40:38 AM

Home now, setting up some coffee, gonna be ready in 10 minutes or so.

edit: Login in, excited.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

edit2: Oh ? According to Comstars post I have to wait one more hour ? Too tired to follow who's math is wrong.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? More coffee.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:58:48 AM by Der Helm »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: May 14, 2011, 03:10:00 AM

Match played. We're still waiting on one more game.

4-1 Amazons over Chaos. The chaos gods were not with them in this game. One niggling injury on a star lineswomen. The last turn of the game ended in a pitch invasion that stunned half of the chaos team, that about sums up their match.

Chaos took 2 merc Chaos Warriors, who were worth it and held up throughout the game. The halfling chef did not, only giving one reroll in the first half, and two in the second, that didn't make a difference. A beastmen did make a perfect pass inside a tacklezone to allow a single score for another beastmen which I hadn't thought he'd be able to do, but sadly no skills came the Chaos team way. One of my star catchers got a skill up to level 5. Sidestep again proved quite the annoyance, though not in a touchdown winning way.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: May 14, 2011, 03:10:55 AM

4-1 for the blodgy little bitches. But who'd have thought that Chaos can play an awesome passing game ?  awesome, for real

Sorry if I appeared to be more tha  a little bit passive-aggressive the whole game, but it is REALLY frustrating if you can't do shit against your opponents team the whole game.

The game went as expected, my beastman could not really touch the Amazons because ALL of them seemed to have dodge/block. I tried to get tome spp on my Mino and I think he managed ONE single injury (broke the back of an amazon or something, +1 to further injury rolls I think) and thats all she wrote.

Don't remember many details of the game except for one single play that worked exactly as I intended. I recieved the kick off, caged up, Comstar proceeded to pummel his way into my cage. I have one free beastman in his half (from a failed crowd surfing attempt I think). There are 2 or 3 Amazons blocking the pass, making it a 6+ roll. I manage to tackle 1 of them and to push another out of the way (more or less. FUCK sidestep  why so serious? ). Then my Lvl1 0spp BEASTMAN (Agi3) goes for the 5+ pass. I roll a 1. Use up a reroll. PERFECT launch. 2nd beastman doozing in the backfield actually catches the ball and strolls down the pitch. Turnover. Comstar manages (easily) to break 2 players out of my tackle zones. 1 player makes 2 gfis to mark my single beastman. 2nd player fails the gfi (I think). Turnover. Aforementioned beastman calculates the odds of either blitzing the single  Amazon and decides against it, instead he makes the 3+ dodge roll and runs into the endzone. TOUCHDOWN.

That one play was worth the price of admission of being totally outclassed and humiliated by a well skilled  team.

Comstar did not play bad as well.

The bastard.

Heart awesome, for real Heart

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: May 14, 2011, 03:12:16 AM

One of my star catchers got a skill up to level 5.
I tried to kill that woman, I really really tried. Multiple times.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1  
Jump to: